21st July 2014 until 22nd August 2015
Bringing up Japanese Viewer Ratings
Ok, people bringing up reports of weekly TV ratings reported by ANN etc and discussing these is getting really out of hand and none of the people discussing them appear to know much about the subject.
TV ratings in general are relatively meaningless in this day and age when recording and streaming shows has gained popularity. In addition, people watch less TV in general. A show getting lower viewer ratings than it did 15 years ago doesn't mean anything. ALL shows experience such drops in ratings.
The rating of any individual episode has no impact on anything, and nothing of value can be read from them. Ratings primarily fluctuate based on what else is going on at that time that people might spend the time on instead. Likewise, people who only watch an episode now and then instead of trying to catch the show weekly typically don't make their decisions on which episode to watch based on whether some preview of it looked exciting or not. And of course, a person's enjoyment of the episode is utterly irrelevant - they won't know if they liked it or not until after they watched them, and viewer ratings show how many watched it on live television, blind, when it aired.
Also, no matter what anyone tells you, the ratings Pokemon gets, as irrelevant as they are, are incredibly high.
We're hereby putting a blanket ban on this nonsensical topic to prevent the spreading of further misinformation. All further posts relating to this subject will be deleted outright.
1st June 2014 until 28th June 2015
Giving witty/snarky "nicknames" to characters and Pokémon...
...is still not tolerated and will be infracted.
15th October 2013 until 16th December 2015
PLEASE READ: Episode Discussion policy!
We're changing up our policy regarding "live" reviews for new Japanese episodes. The previous announcement was pretty much ineffective so as of now, we'll take a different (and hopefully more simple!) approach:
1. Please do not post before an episode begins airing. An episode which hasn't even started yet can't be reviewed. I know the speculation threads tend to get closed a little early - sorry for the inconvenience - but we're confident you can hold on for 1-2 hours.
2. While an episode is still airing (7 PM JST until "To be Continued"/"Next Time... A new beginning!" appears on screen), you can only post ONCE. That's right, only one live review from now on. Sorry to those who actually bothered to make elaborate posts during a broadcast, but too many people seemed to abuse the opportunity to make multiple, extremely short posts in quick succession. We encourage you to make use of the Edit Post option to "update" your posts with more/better content as the episode progresses.
3. Your message needs to address the content of the episode. Remarks about your streaming options/quality, questions where you can watch the episode, commercials, opening/ending themes, next episode previews or Professor Oak's live caster have no place in episode discussion threads. The former three because meatloaf, the latter because they (can) have their own designated threads in the Spoilers section.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact an anime mod!
4th October 2013 until 22nd December 2015
ALL OF YOU, READ THIS: Comments to & about forum members
"Oh don't bother, he's just a troll."
"Why do you even come here?"
"You're so blinded by your hate/love of *insert character* that..."
"Ha, _____ will be pissed when she hears this "
"Why do you always say these things? I've seen you post similar stuff in thread X before, like when...*insert 5 paragraphs analyzing the member's posting behavior*"
Since our announcement about "discuss the anime, not its fandom" has vanished into oblivion, I've seen tons of posts like the above again. For the record: They're not allowed. They're considered to be spam or even flaming. SPPf members have nothing to do with the anime.
Do NOT call other people trolls or troublemakers. Report them in instances where you think they're trolling or breaking other rules. Do NOT tell others to ignore certain people. Ignore them yourself and keep your personal opinion about these people to yourself as well. Do NOT question other people's reasons for coming here or tell them to leave the section. If someone excessively hates on a specific series or the entire anime so (passive-)aggressively that it's no longer constructive criticism, tell us and we will deal with them. Not you. Do NOT bore us with posts on how often you were right with predictions or how often certain people were wrong.
As with our policy on other off-topic posts, you're safe if
- it's a small comment that doesn't take up the majority of your post AND
- it obviously has no malicious content, e.g. "Oh, _______ will be overjoyed when she sees this. She loves this Pokémon, doesn't she?" If you simply want to tease, you'll do so at your own risk. If we don't get the joke it's your loss.
Thanks for reading :]
22nd December 2008 until 7th February 2106
READ BEFORE POSTING - Spoilers go in the Spoilers forum!
Pokémon Animé Discussion is where you discuss what has happened in the dub episodes thus far.
Animé Spoilers is where you discuss the latest episodes as they air in Japan - meaning everything that has happened so far in the series, not limited to what happens in the dub.
Can you all differentiate between the two forums now?
If you still do not understand the difference between the two, PM me - I will definitely get you to understand this somehow.
Posting spoilers in Pokémon Animé Discussion will get you a three point infraction for disobeying the rules of a specific subforum.
Post spoilers in the Animé Spoilers forum!