PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please give me some writing advice?

InnerFlame
24th December 2005, 2:19 AM
I really enjoy writing stories but I have trouble finishing it. I don't usually get far enough to get writer's block. When I start writing a story a new idea for another story pops in my head and I start writing bit of that one so I won't forget the idea. This continues and I have about 15 stories that only has about one or two paragraph and more ideas coming. I would really appreciated it if you give me some tips on this problem of mine.

;004; InnerFlame;004;

Meep
24th December 2005, 2:37 AM
You have the same problem as me! Wierd...

Just don't be scared to write more than one story at once. I tend to have at least two stories open at one time.

Or you could combine some of the similar ideas, thus making less to write. Like if you were thinking about a Charmander that likes to swim, and a Mudkip that absolutly hates the water, you could combine the two into one story.

T.W. North
24th December 2005, 5:07 AM
What Meep said is a popular solution and it often leads to great stories. Everyone loves two different people, with completely different lives that end up meeting in explosive situations and such.

Another solution is to just ignore the other ideas and settle on one - because the way your going, you'll always have ideas. So when you're finished with one, continue with another.

InnerFlame
24th December 2005, 5:54 AM
Thank you very much for the advice I'll try it out and see how it works.