PDA

View Full Version : WB moving?

General Blaze
24th December 2005, 4:05 PM
I'm not sure if this is correct place to put this, but on Kids WB I heard that they were 'moving' to Saturdays. What does this mean?

Geki
24th December 2005, 4:36 PM
I didn't watch wb this morning because it was a repeat. I have no clue what they mean because they already air the anime on Saturdays. And BTW, you need to get your sig changed because that little animation is slowing things down badly.

Prelude
24th December 2005, 4:39 PM
Neither did I. I didn't even start watching it, though...

If that animation is slowing things down, your computer must be slow...mine's working just fine...

Crystal Clair
24th December 2005, 4:51 PM
That means Pokemon will no longer be on weekdays. They're moving it completely to Saturdays, no more weekdays
hence why I watch Pokemon only on the computer via downloading or dvd now, channels are just unreliable these days

General Blaze
24th December 2005, 5:08 PM
WHAT?! HOW AM I GOING TO RELAX AFTER HIGHSCHOOL WHEN WB MOVES THE 'TOONS TO SATURDAY?! THIS IS CRIMINAL! THIS IS OUTRAGUS! THIS MEANS WAR!!

Ok, I'm calm now. Why would they move the cartoons to Saturday only? How am I going to watch Transformers Cybertron? (What? Can't a teen like Transformers?) What are they going to replace the 'toons with?

Kanadian Kyuubi
24th December 2005, 5:20 PM
Well, on my affiliate they are going to be doing ER and 8 Simple Rules. Guess it's going to be syndicated sitcoms on some stations. Also, Toonami "had" Cybertron in the summer, and YTV also has Cybertron now.

PDL
24th December 2005, 5:28 PM
didn't we know about this for months now?

General Blaze
24th December 2005, 5:31 PM
I didn't. And I don't have cable, so I can't watch it on Cartoon Network. Will they put it on Saturdays?

PDL
24th December 2005, 6:25 PM
I didn't. And I don't have cable, so I can't watch it on Cartoon Network. Will they put it on Saturdays?

that's pretty much the idea

IIRC, they decided to trash the weekday lineup for teen-related shows such as ER and 8 simple rules, and later add totally new shows in that timeslot

in return, saturday mornings get an extra hour.

CoolTrainerTerry
24th December 2005, 6:28 PM
That's just completely stupid. The same thing happend to Fox Kids a few years ago.

Crystal Clair
24th December 2005, 7:15 PM
You know what you can do? You can buy the boxsets from the seasons you want. Then you can watch them whenever the heck you want
If a boxset of Kanto is what you're looking for, I can help you with that because I know where and how to get one.
When I first heard about this, I was very furious, so I understand your problems.

kaibachaoschampion
25th December 2005, 12:53 AM
I hope this has some sort of connection to PUSA getting the merchendise. Sounds like it to me and no New One Piece in the USA either. I think 4kids is about to lose quite a bit of money.

Chris
25th December 2005, 2:32 AM
Has nothing to do with it. KidsWB is completely removing their weekday schedule due to advertisers or something. This is VERY old news.

YoshiAngemon
26th December 2005, 11:45 AM
Well, maybe it's because the real ratings hogs are Jimmy Neutron, The Fairly Odd Parents, SpongeBob, Avatar, and other Nick shows, and WB's ratings were starting to suck, so they decided to use the opportunity to kick Kids WB to Saturdays, and bring in Daytime WB with E.R. and 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter. Still, if you want to watch Pokemon, then GET THE DVDs, and give VIZ MEDIA the money for it!!! If not, then Miguzi starts an hour earlier with One Piece, Yu-Gi-Oh GX, Code: Lyoko, and Codename: Kids Next Door!

RaikousThunder
27th December 2005, 12:09 AM
Well this totally stinks. I like watching pokemon and Transformers during the week. Since i dont have cable that goes up the channel 32 (Cartoon Network for me) I cant watch that stuff. Not everyone has cable you know or the money to buy the dvds. I sure dont have money to spend on dvds, though i would like them. Im surprised they are doing this but i was bound to happen i guess. Fox only shows cartoons/anime on the weekend too as do most channels except for the ones that are only cartoons/anime obviously. Maybe if the ratings go down even more they will put it back the way it was. I know i wont be watching ER or 8 simple rules.

Thriller
27th December 2005, 12:20 AM
Hmm. I hope WPIX doesn't put things like Reba on at the new time spot.

*Hopes for Taxi to return to WPIX*

Flame Haze SnS
27th December 2005, 4:33 AM
Weekdays of Kid'sWB moving to Saturdays? When will they start moving the weekdays of Kid'sWB move to Saturdays?

YoshiAngemon
27th December 2005, 12:26 PM
This is the final week of the Aftertoons Show. Next Week is Daytime WB, with E.R. and 8 Simple Rules. If you want some good weekday afternoon programming, I suggest you get DVDs! Especially since none of you can't afford Cable, even though it's easy to siphon off of!

Hidden Mew
28th December 2005, 6:32 PM
I heard about this just this Saturday and I was so sad for a good part of the afternoon. When I get home from my high school, like other people here, I look foreword to watching Pokemon before I have to do my homework. It gives me that happy feeling and I get to relax before I have to work. Many people here did bring up a good point about the DVDs. I should have already started a collection of them a couple of years ago so that I wouldn't want to buy a lot of DVDs from all of the 7 seasons. Oh well. At least I can save up and I already have one volume and a few tapes. I don't know why some people have said this was old news because WB didn't start talking about this until last Saturday. Despite that this could be solved by getting the DVDs, it does extremely bite.

Kanto Trio
29th December 2005, 5:46 AM
Well I'm also upset that there removing Pokemon from the weekdays. Especially since that means I can't watch episodes that I have missed. Buying DVDs is out of question since I doubt my mom will allow me since she thinks I'm too old for Pokemon.

P.S.: What is Daytime WB?

YoshiAngemon
29th December 2005, 1:20 PM
Daytime WB is the name for the new block of shows for older people, featuring E.R. and 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter. Eventually, they'll end up eliminating all of the Saturday Morning blocks, and establish channels on Digital Cable & Satellite. Then we'll have to pay a whole lot of money for all that crap!

Besides, once Duel Masters goes through with the Season Finale, TransFormers: Cybertron will end up replacing it, with all-new episodes!

SugarFairy
29th December 2005, 1:52 PM
i some times go to tennessee on the weekeneds, and i sometiems miss a new epy, iand they show the rerun on firday. now i wont get to see the epy until they realse it on dvd ;-; this sucks! now i have nothing to be looking forward to after school ;-; is this gonna be premently? or just for a few weeks or months?

YoshiAngemon
29th December 2005, 3:58 PM
Well, like Fox Kids before it, Kids WB's AfterToons Show is eliminated PERMANENTLY!

Flame Haze SnS
30th December 2005, 12:29 AM
Besides, once Duel Masters goes through with the Season Finale, TransFormers: Cybertron will end up replacing it, with all-new episodes!

That's good to know. Umm, when's a brand-new Transformers: Cybertron come on CN (I know it's after Duel Masters is finished)?

I can't believe that Afternoon Kid'sWB is gonna be gone permanently!

YoshiAngemon
31st December 2005, 1:59 AM
I just learned that TransFormers: Cybertron IS gonna be back on Cartoon Network, next week. But it's gonna be on Monday thru Thursdays at 6:00 AM. And the show that will come on Fridays at 6:00 AM is Battle B-Daman! That show was powered by Jetix, but it's now on Cartoon Network, and it looks most likely that Cartoon Network would end up the network that will air the next season, Battle B-Daman: Fire Spirits!

Thriller
2nd January 2006, 11:47 PM
Not like this is the place to complain but on WPIX, they now show E.R. and 8 Simple Rules. No Taxi...

Its probably going to be the same stuff on KTLA.

WPIX 11: The WB 11 in Manhatten
KTLA: The WB in LA, where LA lives.

On Topic: Do you think this was a good idea on the WB's part? Could this mean Kids WB could be wiped out entirely?

ToonKid
3rd January 2006, 1:41 AM
hmm, idk, i guess TheWB was tired of having cartoon weekdays, but i dont think they'll remove their entire saturday line-up.......................yet.

Tamed Raikou
3rd January 2006, 6:59 AM
With the exception for Pokemon, KidsWB weekdays weren't worth watching. As for me, I have the entire collection on tape. Pokemon on cable (Cartoon Network) is somewhat hard to come by. And as for Saturday morning Cartoons, I'm sorry to say this, but recently, it hasn't been worth waking up at 7 am for. All the WB had is Pokemon. Nick might have some classic Rugrats, but it usually shows the crap w/ Dil in it. And ABC Family (Formerly known as the Family Channel - or the Good Ol Days) has traded the Quality Marvel Shows (X-Men & Spider Man) and the Original Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers for crap such as the sorriest excuse for Power Rangers (now w/ magic - seems that they can't even fight anymore w/ their own hands), Stuper Robot Monkey Queer Homo Force Ho's, KONG X Retard, Get Mr. Ed, B.I.T.C.H., and Dragon Booster (that penis enhancement show)

Sorry for my digression, but I NEVER thought I would see the day that After School Cartoons would cease t oexist. The world is truly coming to an end.

YoshiAngemon
4th January 2006, 11:26 AM
Hey! If you don't like it, then I suggest you do one of three things: Go outside and play and/or shop at a mall, OR just watch a DVD of a show that's meant for today's audience, like Family Guy, which has loads of Old TV stuff, like the Snorks, G.I. Joe, He-Man, and other old TV shows. OR you can just go to College, learn Japanese as a language, move there, and you can watch the Anime there in their purest, uncut form!

TooCoolScyther
4th January 2006, 11:43 AM
All I can say is I hope Daytime WB's ratings does so bad, that WB will ever regret removing the Aftertoons lineup. If that fails, our saturday morning is in jeopardy =x

Just so you know, Pokemon on the new saturday morning lineup will actually be on at 10 am PACIFIC. So don't tape the 9 am show. You'll get a wrong show. Normally it's 10 am eastern/9 am central and pacific. I believe it is now 11 am eastern/10 am central and pacific. Just double check KTLA.

Dimitar
4th January 2006, 5:53 PM
Ok, TV has officially gone to hell now. Sitcoms are becoming uncontrolled tumors, home makeovers and reality TV is drowning the Discovery Channel (and many others), contemporary American cartoons are vomit-inducing (with some exceptions), commercials in some cases sum up to over two-thirds of the length of the movie, and meanwhile the good shows are getting cut or aired only once a week. I remember, three-four years ago, TV was still ok, but now it is damned. Honetly, people don't know what to watch these days. >.<

Hidden Mew
5th January 2006, 12:31 AM
I agree with what everyone has said here. This bites and I do hope that WB's ratings go way down as well. There is hardly anything worth watching on TV anymore. Most channels have stupid dramas or horrible reality shows. There usually not very many educational shows or programs going on, except at a during a hoilday. Anyway, I'm glad that I can get the DVDs of Pokemon, but it is still so bad that they kicked it off for ER, an old drama show, and 8 Simple Rules, which is a weird, but sometimes funny sitcom. Still, Pokemon is better than both of those shows.

TwilightFacade
5th January 2006, 3:02 AM
Ok well first off, I hate to complain but THIS SUCKS. Pokemon now only has 1 episode a week but its alright because Saturday now has an extra hour...at 7o'clock. Whoopdifreakindoo. Why don't they cancel the crappy shows like Johnny Test, Coconut Fred, and Xiaolin Showdown. (Sorry to any fans of these shows)That way they can show more Pokemon on Saturdays.

Oh and the PAB DVDs won't be out for months from now and CN hardly ever airs Pokemon.

Sigh. Thanks to whoever listened to my crazy rant.

Team Rocket Admin
5th January 2006, 3:37 AM
**** this idea.

Kazuki Mirai
5th January 2006, 4:02 AM
Entertainment is indeed going to heck, just like with what Disney Channel, Fox, and Nick. For the love of, this is the modern age, not all teens are interested in this drama crud! Sheesh. But then again, these are adults they thought things from their opinion, nothing we can do about it. >> Ugh. Johnny Test is nothing but a Dexter's Lab wannabe, watching it disgusts me. And Coconut whatever his name is.... I don't know what the heck are they thinking, they're wasting space, man! I hope The Batman won't ended up like Jackie Chan Adventure, god, I hate that Jade, it's Jackie Chan Adventure not Jade Chan Adventure, what the heck are they thinking? Loonatics Unleashed, no comment. Yu-Gi-Oh will pretty soon end. All that's left worth watching for me is Pokemon... *Sighs* Just watch, they're going to try air something from CN just like they did with the Powerpuff Girls.

Aptenodytes
5th January 2006, 4:03 AM
I definently don't like this idea! I enjoy relaxing with some kid cartoons after school, and Pokemon was always there. (i don't have cable) Im not into drama tv shows so ER sucks for me, 8 simple rules is okay i guess. God, im forced to watch the Martha Stewart show!!! because there's nothing decent on. They better put it back soon -.-

Tamed Raikou
5th January 2006, 6:44 AM
Hey! If you don't like it, then I suggest you do one of three things: Go outside and play
Going outside is out of the question for me. Everyone I know (including myself) has a real life to occupied to Play.

and/or shop at a mall
Malls, like TV shows, have declined in quality. Years ago, malls were literaly the epicenter of almost every cvommunity for kids and teens to hang out. Now, all arcades and hang-out spots have been replaced w/ stores aimed at selling Gangster Rap material and ****ty clothing.

OR just watch a DVD of a show that's meant for today's audience, like Family Guy, which has loads of Old TV stuff, like the Snorks, G.I. Joe, He-Man, and other old TV shows.
Already done that. And I didn't have to pay anything for it, wink-wink.

OR just go to College, learn Japanese as a language, move there, and you can watch the Anime there in their purest, uncut form!
Which is one of the reasons (not main one...more like #2) that one of the two Majors I'm endeavoring in is Japanese!