PDA

View Full Version : Focus Punch Swampert

Shun
26th December 2005, 6:42 PM
Well I have been playing around with it somewhat on Netbattle and I am beginning to like it. Anyways this is what I got.

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

The SAtk is for a sure 1hko on many, if not most, salamences. It also hits things I can't eq or fp(for multiple reasons).

Surf/hydropump was somthing I thought about putting on over sub, but I like sub.

But aside from pointing out what is bad with it(be gentle, first attempt at this type of swampert), mainly I was wondering how FP swampert tends to fair in the metagame and what pokes on my team do I got to counter. Bad wording, what pokes do I need a counter for somewhere on my team to use this type of pert.

On that end the only thing I have majorly come up with is weezing. I definately need something to stop that guy. Swampy won't do a thing.

Fluorescent Adolescent
26th December 2005, 6:57 PM
FP swampert fails, as does swampert without curse :/

Seriously though its not worth it. EQ+STAB=Same power as FP. People will switch things like sceppy, celebi and milo into it anyway so theres no point of FP. EQ=FP so whats the point? Okay EQ can't get those flying types but FP won't do hardly any damage to them.

Besides whose going to switch a regice/tyranitar into a swampert anyway ;/

Mr. Robinson
26th December 2005, 10:10 PM
been there, it's been used before

aipomkong
27th December 2005, 6:09 PM
anything that attacks beats it due to the fact it has no defence to last