Great Maju Garzett at least 7000 ATK
Megarock Dragon at least 14000 ATK
Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon at least 7000 ATK

Equals 28000 ATK for Ra!

Or

Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon w/ Megamorph At least 14000 ATK
Gren Maju Da Eiza at least 25000 ATK
Elemental hero Shining Flare Wingman at least 5000 ATK

Equals 44000 ATK for Ra to destroy any monster!!!

~RaikouRider243~
26th December 2005, 7:06 PM
*Bottomless Trap Hole/Torrential Tribute*
*does not target so your 297561875648974 ATK god card dies*

They're just not worth the time since stuff that doesn't target can still kill them. Plus you're not gonna let any deck get 3 monsters to tribute. It's too hard to play gods.

TenteiKarite
26th December 2005, 8:36 PM
Alright! here r some strategies!

Great Maju Garzett at least 7000 ATK
Megarock Dragon at least 14000 ATK
Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon at least 7000 ATK

Equals 28000 ATK for Ra!

Or

Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon w/ Megamorph At least 14000 ATK
Gren Maju Da Eiza at least 25000 ATK
Elemental hero Shining Flare Wingman at least 5000 ATK

Equals 44000 ATK for Ra to destroy any monster!!!
no.
it's the comined ORIGINAL attack of the 3 monsters.
so
Great Maju Garzett+
Megarock Dragon+
Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon=
3000/2500

you'd be better off just fusing your 3 Blue Eyes
;059;

Haruka's Swimsuit
26th December 2005, 9:52 PM
no.
it's the comined ORIGINAL attack of the 3 monsters.
so

Since when was it original ATK?
What will become of the world when newbs are left to correct each other?

In response to the original poster, could you just do us all a favour and start your own "I'm gonna say anything I want to about Ra" thread? It'd be a big help to the mods if you'd do that instead of creating a new thread every so often about Ra.
Also, you might want to have a better strategy than just "I summon Ra, his ATK is XX,000- you die!" There are plenty of Trap cards that can painfully counter him- Magic Cylinder, for example, can turn every one of his ATK points back on your LP and kill you in one hit.

TenteiKarite
26th December 2005, 11:28 PM
Since when was it original ATK?

In response to the original poster, could you just do us all a favour and start your own "I'm gonna say anything I want to about Ra" thread? It'd be a big help to the mods if you'd do that instead of creating a new thread every so often about Ra.
Also, you might want to have a better strategy than just "I summon Ra, his ATK is XX,000- you die!" There are plenty of Trap cards that can painfully counter him- Magic Cylinder, for example, can turn every one of his ATK points back on your LP and kill you in one hit.
I have no Idea who the hell you think you are, calling me a Noob.
There is a rulebook in Japan, that specifies the effects for all 3 Egyptian Gods, it was released along with them, for fun, because they're never supposed to be used in an Official Duel.

I lost the link to the page, but I have the effects saved as Word Documents.
Here is Ra's Entry:

The Winged Dragon of Ra
Level 10
Divine-Beast
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set.
you may only Special Summon this by offering 3 monsters as tributes during your Main Phase.
The ATK of this card becomes equal to the total ATK of the monsters tributed to special summon this .
The DEF of this card becomes equal to the total DEF of the monsters tributed to special summon this .
You may pay 1000 Life Points to destroy 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field.
You may pay any amount of lifepoints (in multiples of 100) to increase this card's ATK by that amount, as long as this card remains face-up on the field.
????/????

aside from the fact that all of the gods are Illegal, there are many cards that will shut an attacking Ra down, because, just like most monsters, the gods ARE affected by spells and traps.

;059;

The Requiem
27th December 2005, 12:31 AM
*points at Nightmare Troubadour*

There is a reason for that. The gods are unaffected by spells and traps that target, *koffMagicCylinderpointingatabovepostkoff* but not those that dont. I've read this a billion times, and what I've read matches NTR nearly word for word. Like Obelisk =
This card can only be tribute summoned by offering 3 monsters as tributes. This card is unaffected by Spells, Traps, or Monster Effects that designate a target. Offer 2 monsters on your side of the field as a tribute, and destroy all monsters on your opponent's side of the field.

The gods are illegal because the text is flavor text, they have no rulings, no clear, defined effects (aside those on NTR) etc.

EDIT:

That....wasnt really directed at anybody. Stop making a fool of yourself. If you respond angrily to something like this, its only confirming what the person is saying...dont waste your breath, its the internet.

Aquadon
27th December 2005, 1:16 AM
The gods are illegal because the text is flavor text, they have no rulings, no clear, defined effects (aside those on NTR) etc.
Honestly, besides this, there isn't even a point to running the Gods anyways. If your opponent is stupid enough to let you get out 3 Monsters, they should give you the match anyways.

As for each of those strategies, what are the odds that you will pull that off? It's pretty much 0, unless you have an Improbability Drive hidden in your back pocket.

~RaikouRider243~
27th December 2005, 1:18 AM
OH yeah, I forgot to mention Widespread Ruin can pop a god upon attacking, too, and it's becoming more popular. It's just not worth the effort to get one out. Plus if you Special Summon a god in ANY way (not just from the graveyard), it gets destroyed during the end phase. And you can't use book of moon to bypass that because book of mmon doesn't work on a god, not even your own god.

I've tried building a god deck and it just doesn't work. You can still hit widespread/bottomless, etc. Also, the "not being able to be targeted" effect tends to work against you more than anything. Sure it stops cylinder and retsu and all that, but it doesn't stop what most people play, like smashing ground, widespread ruin, etc. All the stuff that would work well with a god targets, which can't be played on it. You can't pump it up with equips or anything really, unless you really get creative. It's just not worth it. And Osiris' effect that makes its ATK vary can make the card utterly useless because you only have 1 card or so in your hand. Hey, I tribute three monsters to bring out a 1000/1000 creature that can't be targeted! Whoop-de-do!

*summons don and rapes the living crap out of osiris*

LAWL.

The Requiem
27th December 2005, 5:49 AM
Don would get wiped b/c of Osiris' second ability...o.o

Haruka's Swimsuit
27th December 2005, 6:27 AM
That....wasnt really directed at anybody.

You're right, it wasn't. It was a general question.
"What will happen to the world when only the uninformed are left to answer the questions of the uninformed?"

Stop making a fool of yourself. If you respond angrily to something like this, its only confirming what the person is saying...dont waste your breath, its the internet.

I'm aware, but I wasn't angry when I typed that. I probably could have said something more insulting, had I actually been angry. But then, I usually hold back quite a bit based solely on what I know to be the nature of this board.

There is a rulebook in Japan, that specifies the effects for all 3 Egyptian Gods, it was released along with them, for fun, because they're never supposed to be used in an Official Duel.

Actually, you're right- at least about that part. KONAMI did release modified effects for the Japanese cards. A shame they didn't bother to officially print them in English. That would have shut a few mouths, rather quickly.

there are many cards that will shut an attacking Ra down, because, just like most monsters, the gods ARE affected by spells and traps.

Not entirely true, they can't be affected by some effects. To quote Kumar Sivasubramanian's translation: "This card cannot be targeted by Magic, Trap, or Monster effects."
They can be taken down by effects, just not ones that target.