PDA

View Full Version : Gals!!!!!!!!!

Sachiko
27th December 2005, 12:20 AM
CMX Manga presents GALS!, (http://www.dccomics.com/cmx/?action=on_sale&i=2606)the humorous manga about 16- year- old Ran Kotobuki and her friends that takes place in trendy Shibuya in Tokyo!!! This is a great manga that is a break from manga with magic and epic battles and such. It makes you laugh, but has serious moments. And you meet Ran- chan's family, too, a bunch of police officers that try to convince the kogal Ran to become one. A kogal is basically a high school girl that keeps up with the latest trends.

This is a fun manga that I'm trying to spread the word about. So read it, maybe watch the Super Gals DVDs, and check out Fujii- sensei's extra notes in the GNs. I'm even giving my friend Volume 1 as a late Christmas present!! (This manga is rated T and contains mild violence and cussing.)

So join Ran's parents and brother Yamato as they try to keep the peace in Shibuya, join Miyu as she tries to reverse her past and find love in Yamato- kun, join Aya as she keeps her grades up while also starting to find strength in herself, join the younger Sayo Kotobuki as she and her friends confidently bust the bad guys, join Yuya- kun as he attempts to show Ran that he is the one for her (without climbing to high places), join Rei- kun as he does his best to survive the attacks from fangirls, join Ran's three tanned archenemies and best friends Mami and Harue as they all try to de- throne Ran as Queen of Shibuya, and finally join Ran in her epic quest to have fun with her girls, escape her 5- 0 family, find the absolute perfect guy, beat up her rivals and anyone else who's messing up Shibuya, and at the same time find the perfect barrettes to go with that cute new tank and miniskirt outfit she just bought!!!!!

The good times never stop!!!

So this is the discussion thread for GALS. Questions or comments, raves or rants, feel free to put'em right here!!!

SugarFairy
27th December 2005, 5:56 PM
I've never read the Manga, but I've seen the anime, and it is so funny ^_^ Is the manga better then the Anime?

Sachiko
27th December 2005, 6:41 PM
I haven't seen the anime yet... but it looks pretty cool.

SugarFairy
28th December 2005, 5:50 PM
Where do you find the manga at? =/ cant find it anywhere ;-;

Sachiko
28th December 2005, 7:45 PM
You can find the manga at Barnes and Noble, and Amazon.com. (amazon.com)

See how this girl was crying because she couldn't find this manga?!! EVERYONE READ GALS!!!!

(This seems like a recommendation. I know there is a recommendation thread. This is really a discussion thread!!! *cries*)

That Scary Clefairy
28th December 2005, 10:30 PM
I'll like to warn you or at least have you make sure, that CMX is infamous for edits and censor on manga, mainly Tenjo Tenge. So if you want full real verison of GALS, make sure CMX has not edit or censor thing cause if does then you'll be very disappointed.

Don't get me into Tenjho Tenge's ordeal. Its disasterious.

Sachiko
29th December 2005, 12:01 AM
Really?!?! I had no idea!!! I'm not too familiar with CMX- I'm a Shonen Jump girl :). Thanks for warning us!! But I don't know where I can find unedited GALS GNs.

That Scary Clefairy
30th December 2005, 12:54 AM
Really?!?! I had no idea!!! I'm not too familiar with CMX- I'm a Shonen Jump girl :). Thanks for warning us!! But I don't know where I can find unedited GALS GNs.

Yea. Well Not sure there any scanlation online now since it been liscensed, however there could be sites that explain different or what's not. search around.

I got Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne by CMX, and this one was lefted unedited and all. I think it only Tenjho Tenge and Tenryu that they did edits. Gals(being shoujo and all) shouldn't have edits or censor problems. But I would still check just in case.

Sachiko
8th January 2006, 10:12 PM
Hmmm. I've got a question for you all: Do you think that Aya and Rei are a good couple??? I don't really think so. I've only read volumes 1-3, so if they break up, please don't tell me because I hate spoilers!! Thank you!!!

SugarFairy
11th January 2006, 9:49 PM
Hmmm. I've got a question for you all: Do you think that Aya and Rei are a good couple??? I don't really think so. I've only read volumes 1-3, so if they break up, please don't tell me because I hate spoilers!! Thank you!!!
Aya.. The smart one? And Rei? The famous guy? Whos friends with secodn place? Their going out?! 0_o;;;

Sachiko
16th January 2006, 1:51 AM
Yeah!! It happens in Volume three.