PDA

View Full Version : Hikaru no Go

Nintendo Master
27th December 2005, 3:59 AM
Hey does anybody here like Hikaru no Go? I just bought the first two volumes and love it already!

Kyuubi-Kun
27th December 2005, 6:37 AM
I'm currently reading it from Shonen Jump. So far it's getting pretty good.

Sachiko
27th December 2005, 3:57 PM
I love Hikaru no Go!!! I'm so happy because the first DVD is coming out today (12- 27) in America!!!! Us Hikago fans have been waiting for this for a long time...

It's based on Volume 4, but I'm putting up a fanfic that I wrote. Look for it in the fanfic section on this forum!

Nintendo Master
28th December 2005, 10:08 PM
It came out yesterday? I'm going to buy it then! Anyways, who's your favorite character? Mine is Hikaru. Who's yours?

Sachiko
29th December 2005, 1:50 PM
My favorite character? That's a tough one I really can't decide. Probably Hikaru. He's so funny!! I did take a quiz (http://selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php?client=HikaGo) and I got 1st place Sai and 2nd Akira.

I'm so sad!!!! Does ANYONE know where to get the Hikago DVDs?!?!?! Someone suggested SunCoast Motion Picture Company store, but does anyone know another place????? I want the DVD so so much!!! *cries*

Nintendo Master
29th December 2005, 7:11 PM
I'm so sad!!!! Does ANYONE know where to get the Hikago DVDs?!?!?! Someone suggested SunCoast Motion Picture Company store, but does anyone know another place????? I want the DVD so so much!!! *cries*

Nope I don't because I got it from Suncoast just yesterday.

InfinityZero
30th December 2005, 7:40 AM
Well, I like it. I've only read the first Volume, though.
I might have two and three, I'm not really sure.

In any case how long is the manga.
I'm pretty sure it goes into the twenties, and the characters actually age throughout it.

Nintendo Master
30th December 2005, 7:40 PM
I think it's 24 volumes if I could remember the site that I saw with all the Hikaru no Go manga.

Sachiko
3rd January 2006, 12:02 AM
All right then!!! Suncoast it is!!!!

There are 23 volumes.

Hey, did anybody take that quiz???

Nintendo Master
3rd January 2006, 12:12 AM
I took the quiz! I got Hikaru for #1 and Akira for #2.

Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix
3rd January 2006, 3:18 AM
I have the first 4, I keep putting off geting 5, but, realy, I'm where ever we are in SJ. I love this series, the art is good, and nothing bad happens... Realy bad anywway.

My favorite is Yuki. He's just cool, and you cant deny that

Tokagero
8th January 2006, 3:51 AM
I love the artwork for Hikaru no Go! I keep up with the manga in Shonen Jump and I saw the first episode of the anime (I thought Hikaru sounded too old and Sai's voice wasn't feminine enough...). Anyway, I'll just say that I love this series! :) Oh, and I took that quiz. My #1 was Akira and my #2 was Sai. (I love Sai! He's so pretty! ^ ^ )

8th January 2006, 5:14 PM
I just took the quiz #1 Sai, #2 Hikaru, not who I would think

Nintendo Master
8th January 2006, 5:31 PM
Yes Sai is but did you think that he was a girl in the manga? I certainly did until Hikaru mentioned that Sai was a he.

Sachiko
8th January 2006, 11:53 PM
YES I did!!! I was scarred, man...
And then I was reading chapter 2 and when I saw Akira I was like, 'Oh, that's nice, there's a girl in this story.' But I saw that "she" was a boy and I just began to cry. (NO, not really.)
Sai looks like he wears lipstick.
And what's up, Tokagero!!! That quote reminded me of Naruto's "He's prettier than Sakura!!!" (talkin' about Haku.)
Haku of the Shell Bullet, yep, Yuki definitely has that cool "couldn't care less" thing goin' on. I love it.

I thought I'd get Hikaru for the quiz, but he was 5th... Yuki was seventh...

Nintendo Master
9th January 2006, 3:43 AM
Sai DOES wear lipstick. In the DVD, he wears purple lipstick. It's scary though, why would a male wear lipstick?

9th January 2006, 3:50 AM
Sai DOES wear lipstick. In the DVD, he wears purple lipstick. It's scary though, why would a male wear lipstick?
It may have been concidered the norm in his time period

Jon Jen
9th January 2006, 4:29 AM

Because Sai has feelings for Hikaru, who is a guy. In retrospect, Akira has feelings for Sai, through Hikaru. Hikaru has feelings for Akira. What shape does that make? Probably like a box or a pentagram. I didn't even make mention of Akari. >_> Hikaru no Go is an excellent manga, and the dub had better not be horrible, a recent preview has made me assume not to hope for the best. Just wait until Tetsuo puts out his gum on a Go Board. ~_~;;

Nintendo Master
11th January 2006, 1:04 AM
Because Sai has feelings for Hikaru, who is a guy. In retrospect, Akira has feelings for Sai, through Hikaru. Hikaru has feelings for Akira. What shape does that make? Probably like a box or a pentagram.

O_o O...kay. BTW the dub is pretty good except that it can get boring at some parts.

RED1992
12th January 2006, 9:43 AM
i dont like hikaru ng cuz it's not violent and SAI IS GAY!!!!

12th January 2006, 10:40 PM
i dont like hikaru ng cuz it's not violent and SAI IS GAY!!!!
Then You will miss out on ALOT of good manga.
And Sai isnt gay, He had a Harem of his own (VOL1 or 2 shows him srounded by chicks)

Kyle Delta
12th January 2006, 10:42 PM
Its okay i just lost track of it i have to find the ofther shoen jumps first

Sachiko
12th January 2006, 10:54 PM
(VOL1 or 2 shows him srounded by chicks)

I thought that was hilarious!!! Sai was a chick magnet!!!

Hikago might not be violent, but when you really get in the story, it's dramatic. It's a break from violent manga. If nothing else, read it for the great artwork!!!!

And yes Anna, O_o is right.

12th January 2006, 10:55 PM
Its okay i just lost track of it i have to find the ofther shoen jumps first
Buy the GNs, Its faster.

Nintendo Master
13th January 2006, 12:55 AM
(VOL1 or 2 shows him srounded by chicks)
Actually that was volume 2. And am I the only one here who has the dvd?

13th January 2006, 3:00 AM
Actually that was volume 2. And am I the only one here who has the dvd?
I havent gotten to Suncost to pick it up.

Nintendo Master
13th January 2006, 4:20 AM
I havent gotten to Suncost to pick it up.

You should because they're on sale right now. $24.99 to $19.99 if you want to know how much.

Sachiko
20th January 2006, 5:27 PM
Yaaaaaaay!!!! I found pics!!! Tons of them!!! Actually, I found them weeks ago, but I forgot to mention them. Go to AOL image search (http://search.aol.com/aolcom/image?query=hikaru+no+go&invocationType=imageTab)and you'll find plenty.
I just found this one (http://www.yale.edu/anime/imgarchive/Hikaru%20no%20Go/akihika_santas.jpg) today. It's from a December calendar. WAHAHAHA!!!!!
Yale's (http://www.yale.edu/anime/imgarchive/Hikaru%20no%20Go/) got a bunch.

Nintendo Master
21st January 2006, 5:20 AM
Everyone! I got volumes 3-5!

Just wondering, Sachi are you a akihika fan? Just asking because you found the akihika santa pic.

Rex Kamex
21st January 2006, 2:50 PM
I got the DVD yesterday. I'm glad I got it and all, but it's been almost a month later! :p So many people would've gotten it by now. You know, it's just like playing bingo in a classroom. You hope to be one of the first people to get bingo, but other people keep getting it first. And then, by the time you do get bingo, it won't even make much of a difference because the entire class already had a bingo!

Anyway, the DVD was good. It included the Go Go Igo thing that appeared at the end of each Japanese episode. The Japanese theme song and ending theme song were kept the way they were, even in the dub. I personally prefer the Japanese voices over the English ones, but that's just me. (I especially like Hikaru's original voice.) And Dub Sai really does sound like Lan! :o

Nintendo Master
21st January 2006, 7:58 PM
And Dub Sai really does sound like Lan! :o

Uhh, Dub Sai's voice actor is the voice actor for Lan.

Rex Kamex
22nd January 2006, 12:00 AM
Uhh, Dub Sai's voice actor is the voice actor for Lan.

I know, and therefore, he does sound like Lan. Sai sounds like Lan more than I originally thought. He especially sounded like Lan when he was saying that at last he could play Go again from the first episode.

Sachiko
23rd January 2006, 3:29 PM
MJC CARTOGUY!!!!! I TOLD you to put in your post, "My sister is not a homosexual"!!!! (KIDDING, just KIDDING) So I had to spend three days thinking 'Anna thinks I am an AkiHika fan. My reputation is tarnished.' (kidding.) I really hate that pairing and all other yaoi and yuri. 'Tis quite disturbing. But I do like the picture because it's random and funny. It is not necessarily AkiHika. The url of the image might just say that as a short way of saying who the characters are.
However, I don't mind them as the friends- who- aren't that are really rivals but deep down inside they care about each other (minds out of the gutter.) and they only act like they hate each other (coughcoughnarutoandsasukecoughcough).

In other news, yes, we finally got the DVD!!!! Yay!! Me thinks all the English voices are a little off, except for Ms. Ichikawa's!!! But Akira- kun and Hikaru- kun's Jap voices, since they are done by women, are a bit off, too, When Hikaru- kun screamed outside of the Go class, it sounded like a cute little kid!! ^^ the Jap voices are so cute!!!

There's a new girl in my Sunday School class at church. She's from Korea, so I gave this a shot:
"Uh, have you ever heard of this board game... it's called Go?"
"Um... no...?"
Real smooth, Sachi. |= ( *pats self on back* *falls over*

Nintendo Master
24th January 2006, 11:58 PM
I really think it's weird that there are a lot of AkiHika fanfics though...I seriously hate that!

Sachiko
5th February 2006, 1:06 AM
Me too!!! On fanfiction.net, there are a ton!! They are very annoying. Ugh.

Guess what!!! I got volume six!!!! At long last!!! But I've read it already... it was great!! But four months 'till the next one is way too long.

Nintendo Master
5th February 2006, 1:27 AM
I got volume 6 and read it too! The play that they did was pretty good IMO.

Does anyone know when the next dvd is coming out?

Justineer
5th February 2006, 2:30 AM
Hikago might not be violent, but when you really get in the story, it's dramatic. It's a break from violent manga. If nothing else, read it for the great artwork!!!!

And yes Anna, O_o is right.
I totally agree with all you said. I wish I could draw hair like from Hikaru no Go. I'm surprised it's in American Shounen Jump, but I'm not complaining about it. Hey, if any of you don't know how to but want to play go, go to www.playgo.to (http://www.playgo.to/).

Sachiko
14th February 2006, 10:29 PM
It's coming on March 28th.

I loved the Akira vs. Oza match. It was awesome!!! AKIRA!!! YOU SHOULD'VE WON, YOU IDIOT!!! YOU ARE SO PATHETIC!!! AND TO THINK THAT I CLAIMED YOU AS MY BISHIE!!! *kicks Akira*
Akira: OW!!!

Sachi: Oh well.

Zama- sensei: I'll murder ya, Sachi!!!

Sachi: BRING IT ON, BAKA!! I AIN'T SCARED OF YOU!!!

What in the world is so interesting about Yugen no Ma???

The play was not as good as I thought it would be.

My fave chapter was An Old Haunt. That pic of Akari was overdramatic, though. I feel so sorry for Yuki!!

It even snowed in Hikaru no Go before it FINALLY snowed where I lived. I was quite upset.

Yay! I just claimed Hikaru x Akari in the Couple Claiming Thread!! Celebrate!!!

Hikaru: *serenades Akari* Sugarpie, Honeybunch...
Akari: o_O

Ciao, and Happy Valentine's!!!

Kurama
1st March 2006, 2:37 AM
can i join

MidnightWolf
3rd March 2006, 11:59 PM
I've seen some of the anime and the manga, but never really got into it. I do like it alot though, maybe I'll get back into one day.

Konosuke
4th March 2006, 12:21 AM
I read the series a long time ago and its considered one of my favorites ^^

I dont get most of it, but i liked it ^^

Kurama
4th March 2006, 1:08 AM
i've read the first 3 and there good

Nintendo Master
20th March 2006, 3:00 AM
Bump... this topic is dying really fast...

can i join

This isn't a fanclub, but you can join the discussion. :)

I read the series a long time ago and its considered one of my favorites ^^

I dont get most of it, but i liked it ^^

What part don't you get?

Sachiko
28th March 2006, 10:39 PM
WHEEEE!!! Sachi is back!!! I have been punished, so I couldn't get on the comp.
Hey folkies, the second DVD is heeeeeere... today!!! Buy it now or I'll use my Lotus jutsu on you. (oops, wrong manga.)

Nintendo Master
1st April 2006, 3:06 AM
*gasp* Second DVD's out?! Must buy it! Oh yeah, Suncoast isn't in the mall anymore... ;_;

Sachiko
2nd April 2006, 6:02 AM
It isn't??! :snowlax:

I'm visiting family in Wilmington (NC) right now and I was all set to buy the DVD and there were no Suncoasts around! AAAAAAAH!!!! *cries*

You know what I love about Hikaru no Go? Well, I was thinking, what makes Hikaru no Go so good??? Me and others have thought it was boring but then got into it. It has good drama in it, but what about the drama was so cool?? Finally I realized it- the characters are so vivid!!! They are so believable (except for Sai- sama.) and real. They really play out all the drama well. And they look vividly real, too. It's great. If anyone out there wants to make a manga, like I do, vivid characters are important, so remember that.

You know what I hate about Hikaru no Go? The long wait for each volume!! This time it's five months!!! Are they trying to kill me because it's working. I don't like reading it in Jump because it's only two chapters and then you wait a whole month. Plus it's harder to keep up with and there aren't those extra things between the chapters and such. This is driving me insane!!! Almost as insane as not being allowed to read Black Cat because I'm only 15(and I just recently turned 15!!!!) Oops, wrong manga again. The point is, GAH!!!!

That's all Sachiko has to say for now. Good night.

Nintendo Master
23rd April 2006, 4:44 AM
If you thought I was gone, I'm back! D: Why is Hikaru no Go so underrated? *bump* I'm the only one in the entire class that actually reads it. And Sachi, I agree with everything you said about it. Waiting 5 months is long, with a huge cliffhanger if you only read the graphic novels!

Edit: I just found out that number 7 is coming out July 5th!

GoggleHead
23rd April 2006, 6:00 AM
I personally always thought Hikaru No Go was kinda stupid. Do they really explain how to play, or do they just skip the game stuff?

Nintendo Master
23rd April 2006, 6:08 AM
In the anime, before the preview, they teach you one lesson on how to play Go.

Sachiko
24th April 2006, 2:58 AM
Yay! Anna's back!! Anyway, Go Go Igo is cool, and also, you don't have to know how to play Go in order to enjoy the series (mainly for it's drama^^). Hey, I used to think HnG was boring, but then I really got into it and now I love it!!!

This Easter, I colored eggs (with PAAS!!!) and for some reason decided to name all the solid colored ones after Hikaru no Go Characters. The coloring kit came with stickers, so I gave each character a sticker. It's mostly random. Here we go:

Pink-Akari-"Happy Easter" with bunny
Orange-Sai-duck with basket with easter eggs
blue-Kimihiro-easter egg
Denim- Hikaru-egg with dumb smile (which reminded me of him...)
Spring Green- Yuki-bunny painting giant egg
Purple-Akira-butterfly
Yellow-Waya-same as Sai
Teal-Isumi-eggs and flowers

And I was just at the grocery store and was looking at the magazines and my bro happened to come across something in the Archie's library (those little cartoon books, ya know?) and it had this new girl on the cover and her hair was like Hikaru's!! We both though it was Hikaru at first glance!!! Check it out.

Umm... nothing else I can think of to say right now. Buenos Noches (Spanish for good night.) !!

Only 72 days until the next DVD!! To make the DVD last longer, I won't watch Game 8 'till May....

Nintendo Master
25th April 2006, 4:46 PM
Pink-Akari-"Happy Easter" with bunny
Orange-Sai-duck with basket with easter eggs
blue-Kimihiro-easter egg
Denim- Hikaru-egg with dumb smile (which reminded me of him...)
Spring Green- Yuki-bunny painting giant egg
Purple-Akira-butterfly
Yellow-Waya-same as Sai
Teal-Isumi-eggs and flowers

You forgot Tetsuo Kaga. D:

Master_Z
25th April 2006, 10:01 PM
I dont really understand the manga well, but it is cool.

Nintendo Master
26th April 2006, 2:27 AM
What part don't you get about this manga?

SugarFairy
26th April 2006, 2:30 AM
This seems like a very good Manga =0 Is it wroth reading? Where could I find it? XD Lots of questions XD

Nintendo Master
26th April 2006, 2:40 AM
This seems like a very good Manga =0 Is it wroth reading? Where could I find it? XD Lots of questions XD

For the first question, it's worth reading. Sure, there's no action but who cares? The drama makes it a good manga. For the second one, Barnes and Noble's, Suncoast *turns sad*, anime stores...

Edit: I no longer claim Hikaru Shindo from the Bishie thread, so if you really wanted him, you could go claim him now!

Sachiko
29th April 2006, 5:26 PM
You forgot Tetsuo Kaga. D:

I didn't have enough eggs...

Nintendo Master
29th April 2006, 8:02 PM
Oh, you ran out of eggs. Are you thinking of making a new Hikaru no Go fanfic?

Sachiko
2nd May 2006, 10:25 PM
Boy, that was a quick switch in topics!!!

YES I AM!!!!! Read this post (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=2990402#post2990402).
I will probably not do it for a while because I am still working on Yuletide Yu- Gi- Oh, and I can't even work on that because of homework *looks at Anna's profile picture and solemnly nods*!!! But it'll be funny!! And have more suspense and plot development and well, length.

63 days 'till the next DVD!!!

Nintendo Master
3rd May 2006, 12:26 AM
Hopefully, it won't get closed again like the other one. :( But the idea of having Hikaru and Akira switch bodies is crazy and funny at the same time!

Rex Kamex
4th May 2006, 2:35 AM
Does anybody know the name of that girl who hangs with Waya, Fuku, Isumi, and all those other A league people? She's been in the recent Shonen Jump issues, but I have no idea what her name is.

Sachiko
6th May 2006, 5:14 PM
I don't know, maybe it's Nase.

Hey everyone, check out this issue of Jump. There is an advertisement for two week-long Go camps in America!!! I WANNA GO SO BAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!! *cries* It costs $750!!! I wish I could go. The American Go Association has a web site, but I forgot what it is...

Nintendo Master
6th May 2006, 8:35 PM
D: I got pwned at Go by my 5th Grade teacher at school!! Even if I have enough money to go there(which I probably won't XD), I'm sooo gonna fail it.

Nintendo Master
22nd May 2006, 4:40 AM
...Bump. How many more days is the next dvd coming out? Sorry to double post

silver girl
1st June 2006, 4:59 PM
I'm a big fan of Hikaru no go! I really like Sai, altough he looks like a woman :p Perhaps that's the thing I like him for!
Hikaru and Tohya are also cool!
I ordered Vol. 4-6 a few days ago, but Amazon is late...

Sachiko
4th June 2006, 1:48 AM
Well, me, I am a huge fan of Hikaru and Akira too!!! I like to dream up funny stories about them!!! (Check out the link in my signature.) Hope you get volumes 4-6 soon!!! I think you'll enjoy the tournament!!

I was going to post this earlier but: 24 days until the next DVD comes out, on the 27th. *cries* Whyyyyyyyy?!?!?

Nintendo Master
4th June 2006, 2:26 AM
<.< At least they aren't AkiHika stories... and Suncoast will never come back to the mall! And the dvd's coming out the day before my birthday! D:

Edit: *looks at views* OMG, over 1000 views!! :O

2cool4serebii
17th June 2006, 2:10 AM
I'm quite fond of the series, yes, though I wish they'd show more from the actual game rather than what happened in the end and everything, plus it's mostly talk... but I looove the artwork; not in the beginning, but it developed well pretty damn fast. This, along with Death Note(also drawn by the same artist, hence the superb artwork there), are probably the only ones in my book that aren't... yanno, action-y. But I swear, Sai's appearance and behavior is are the splitting image of my little sister, except he's a foot and a half taller. 0_o I wish it wasn't on the Shounen Jump magazine and an independant release by itself ala Bleach, RK, etc, because Viz is just taking waaay too long. I have all the ones they released so far, but I just really fed up with the pace, so I am downloading the episodes.

Shift
17th June 2006, 2:56 AM
The American Go Association has a web site, but I forgot what it is...
http://www.usgo.org

Just happened to have gotten the first volume from the library, that's how I know. I like the story and the artwork pretty well.

Nintendo Master
28th June 2006, 5:07 PM
Bump. The third dvd came out yesterday! Who's gonna buy it? Not me obviously...

Off topic: IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY *shot*

Sachiko
28th June 2006, 10:25 PM
Happy Birthday!!!!! You Rule!!!! Yaaaay!!!!! Who shot Anna?! NOOOOOOOO!!!

Why aren't you buying the DVD??!!!! As soon as we get enough money, my brother and I are gonna order it from Amazon!! ^_____^ YOU HEAR THAT, MJC CARTOGUY?!!!!! YOU WILL PAY FOR SOME OF IT!!!! I AM NOT GONNA PAY FOR THE WHOLE THING MYSELF!!!!!

Listen up, people!!! VOLUME SEVEN is released July 5th!!! Remember that!!!

Again, Happy birthday, Anna!! May you have many many more. And thank you for making the thread!! EVERYBODY SING!! ONE! TWO!! THREE!! Hap- py Birth- day to youuuuuuu, hap- py *shot* ...ow...

PEACE OUT!!!! *is hyper*

Thank you, Shift, for the URL!!! You rule as well!!

Rex Kamex
28th June 2006, 10:35 PM

Why aren't you buying the DVD??!!!! As soon as we get enough money, my brother and I are gonna order it from Amazon!! ^_____^ YOU HEAR THAT, MJC CARTOGUY?!!!!! YOU WILL PAY FOR SOME OF IT!!!! I AM NOT GONNA PAY FOR THE WHOLE THING MYSELF!!!!!

How can I hear something you have to read? :o

I am looking forward to the new graphic novel volume because it has a color spread from the chapter where Hikaru gets into A league.

Sachiko
28th June 2006, 10:54 PM
How can I hear something you have to read? :o

I DON'T KNOW!!!! Go figure it out.

I am looking forward to the new graphic novel volume because it has a color spread from the chapter where Hikaru gets into A league.

Yes, color spreads. Speaking of, I don't really like the Hikaru no Go color spreads that I've seen. The ones I like are "An Old Haunt" and "YUGEN NO MA"!!!! Yay!!

I forgot this: *Gives Anna another Cookie That Never Gets Stale and Tastes Good To Everyone* For your birthday. (If I'm not mistaken, I gave away the first CTNGSATGTE to someone who reviewed my fanfic.) Goodbye!!

Nintendo Master
29th June 2006, 12:07 AM

No more Suncoast here, remember?

Listen up, people!!! VOLUME SEVEN is released July 5th!!! Remember that!!!
:O That's next week!! MUST BUY

Again, Happy birthday, Anna!! May you have many many more. And thank you for making the thread!! EVERYBODY SING!! ONE! TWO!! THREE!! Hap- py Birth- day to youuuuuuu, hap- py *shot* ...ow...
=D *gives you an Akira plushie*

I forgot this: *Gives Anna another Cookie That Never Gets Stale and Tastes Good To Everyone* For your birthday. (If I'm not mistaken, I gave away the first CTNGSATGTE to someone who reviewed my fanfic.) Goodbye!!
And that was me. *bites CTNGSATGTE* Mmmm...

Sachiko
30th June 2006, 1:10 AM
Yes, color spreads. Speaking of, I don't really like the Hikaru no Go color spreads that I've seen. The ones I like are "An Old Haunt" and "YUGEN NO MA"!!!! Yay!!

Did I say that already?? Oops...

No more Suncoast here, remember?

There's no more Suncoasts anywhere!!!

HERE (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EJ9VRK/qid=1151621502/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/103-6699030-8199044?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130), what I said was you can order it from Amazon. Or another place. IT'S ONLY 19 BUCKS!!!! AWESOME!!!!

=D *gives you an Akira plushie*

YAY!!! ^________^ It can teach me how to play Go!! You ready, Akira?
Plushie: ......
Sachi: Akira?!!
Plushie: ...............
Sachi: AAAAAGGGGGH!!! OMG, IT'S DEAD!!!!!! *faints*
*wakes up* That reminds me- I found plush keychains (http://www.animeanytime.com.au/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?osCsid=be10a69edf6b6c0a 9b37ee1a32aa8934&keywords=hikaru+no+go)!!! I found another site with a lot more HnG stuff, but I forgot where it is... I'll try to find it again...

And that was me. *bites CTNGSATGTE* Mmmm...

It was???? Aheh...

Nintendo Master
7th July 2006, 1:42 AM
Bump. VOLUME 7 CAME OUT YESTERDAY!!!! Who's gonna buy it? I'm buying it on Sunday.

Judai-and-sho
8th July 2006, 7:52 PM
I really like Hikaru No Go.

Sachiko
12th July 2006, 3:49 PM
Awesome!!! Another fan!!! Welcome to the er, discussion.

Bump. VOLUME 7 CAME OUT YESTERDAY!!!! Who's gonna buy it? I'm buying it on Sunday.

Ha ha. BEAT YOUUUU!!! I already bought it! ^_^

And now, the review: (spoilers, duh)

Page

12, 13-
Hikaru: I don't want to study with Akira Toya! I want to play against him!!
... No way am I going to sit around with him and study go!!

XD Omg. That would be HILARIOUS!!!! XD

29- LOVE THIS PAGE!!!!! KYAAAAAAAA!!!!!! CHIBI GOODNESS!!!! Also love 117.

51- At the Meijin study group:
"And what if Shusaku knew modern Joseki? He'd be the greatest. Even Toya Meijin wouldn't stand a-" *suddenly remembers Akira is sitting right there and stops*
Akira: *snickers*

^__^

57-
Hikaru (to Sai): I can't help it! You're scary!!

Agreed. But we love him anyway. =)

Then-
Sai: Then it is obvious what you must do! Think clearly! Step forth and push the boundaries of your game! Just as Akira does! You must be like Akira!!

I don't know about you, but if I was Hikaru and someone just told me to be more like Akira, I would have totally snapped and killed the person who said that.
Unless it was Sai. He's already dead.

After that-
Ogata Sensei: Akira may turn pro next month, but he still looks like a cute middle school kid.

XD Ogata sensei thinks Akira is cute!!

Then-
Ogata (to Akira-kun) : I saw Shindo the other day. He said he'd be playing in the Young Lion's Tournament. Shindo? Sounds like fun, don't you think?
Akira: Not really.

...Funny.

115-
I LOVE this rude quote by Akira (about Hikaru):
'Don't think were equals... just because our names are side by side.'

Does Akira even realize how rude he is sometimes?? ^____^

Like here:

113-
Ogata Sensei (to Akira): After Shindo left the tournament that day... your father said if he were good enough, sooner or later he'd show up as a pro.

And on 146. That was SO funny. Did he bump into Hikaru????

Akira: He said that...?
He's overrating Shindo!!!

Yeesh, I'm tired of these direct quotes. Other comments:

-yay, Hikaru is reunited with the great Shirakawa sensei.

-this is sad: Kaga and Kimihiro graduate!! Aww...

-Hikaru is so stupid. Waya almost found out that he was sai.

-SO HAPPY!!! Yuki came back to the club. It was so sweet how they made the notebook for him. ^^ And I am loving Kaneko more and more. She's kinda cool. Actually, she was cool ever since she slapped Hikaru. ^_^

-Again, I'm very happy!! Isumi beat Mashiba. Way to go, Isu. (I shorten names a lot.)

-That thing about Ochi at the restaurant was creepy. I read that and I was like, 'O-kay.'

-I'm glad that Akira actually paid attention to Hikaru at the Young Lion's Tournament. Finally. His ignoring Hikaru completely and not caring about Hikaru's playing Go was getting boring.

-I can't wait for Hikaru to meet "Godzilla", as Shonen Jump calls him. But the next volume is coming out in NOVEMBER.... ugh....

-The storyboard where Sai was mistaken for a woman, I just thought, 'Ouch!' That was so sad and funny!! ^^

~And now, last but not least, a little thing my brother and I like to call... "Waya Does"!!!~
~(because it's like, "did you see what Waya does at the Young Lion's Tournament?!" Long story.)~
~Okay, let's get on with it.~

At the YLT, Mashiba keeps rubbing in the fact that he's a pro and Waya and Isu are not. Waya is really bothered by this, and he finally snaps. He sort of attacks Mashiba and knocks him over. In front of everybody. He even gets in trouble.

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, WAYA?!!!
YOU'RE SO COOL, WAYA!!!

My thoughts went between these two things.

That's the most violent part of Hikaru no Go yet!!!

Also, did you notice, the people at Akira's table were like, "What's going on?" and they ran over there. But Akira didn't even look up. That's really weird. How the heck do you not even LOOK?!?!? Like I said, weird.

Okay now, everyone, DISCUSS VOLUME SEVEN!!! I have officially started the discussion. Yay.

And one final IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

Toonami Jetstream is starting on July 17th, and Hikaru no GO will be on it!! So everybody better be there, okay?!!!!

Thanks, Toonami!!!

Nintendo Master
19th July 2006, 11:40 PM
:( I didn't buy volume 7... My mom and dad went somewhere... I'll wait until Toonami jetstream is at episode 5. Why does it take so long for the next volume to come out?

LunarFireFox
20th July 2006, 12:33 AM
I love hikaru no go ^^
I read all 23 volumes already, and its really good =D
Especially near the end and during the insei test

Spectre
25th July 2006, 4:59 AM
Hikaru no Go is an excellent series, but around the middle to the end seems somewhat rushed and rather annoying, but other than, I simply loved it.

Have you guys not finished the series yet?? Its been over for about 2 years already...

Nintendo Master
27th July 2006, 2:59 AM
:( I didn't. I'm still on volume 6.

Sachiko
8th August 2006, 8:01 PM
Yeah... I just buy the English graphic novels and DVDs. That's all I do.

Why
does it take so long for the next volume to come out?