PDA

View Full Version : Need help with team, plz!

Delta
29th December 2005, 1:22 AM
Salamance@Choice band
Adamant Nature (+atk -sp.atk)
EVS: 252 atk 252speed 6HP
Dragon dance
EQ
Rock slide
HP bug

Suicune@Lum berry
Modest nature (+sp.atk -atk)
EVS:252sp.atk 126def 126HP
Surf
Ice beam
Calm mind
Rest

Jolteon@Scope lens
EVS:252 speed 252sp.atk 6HP
Thunderbolt
Thunder wave
HP water
Wish

Registeel@Leftovers
Lax nature@(+def -sp.atck)
EVS: 126hp 126def 132atk 126sp.def
Swagger
Psych up
Explosion
Metal claw

Sceptile@Focus band
EVS:126HP 252sp.atk 132speed
Leaf blade
Leech seed
Dragon claw
Thunderpunch

Gengar@King's rock
Timid nature (+speed -atk)
EVS:252sp.atk 252 speed 6HP
Thunderbolt
Ice punch
Hipnosis
Explosion

Thanks in advance for any advice. See ya!

Blue Ditto
29th December 2005, 1:56 AM
Salamance@Choice band <--Lawl, I didn't even catch that...xD
Dragon dance
EQ
Rock slide Consider Flamethrower for Skarm
HP Flying

Suicune@Leftovers
Bold nature,
EVS: 156 HP, 136 Def, 56 Sp. Atk, 100 Sp. Def, 60 Spd
Surf
Ice beam
Calm mind
Rest

You can try HP Electric over Ice Beam though if other waters give you problems and you want to be risky...

Jolteon@Leftovers/Petaya Berry
Timidnature (+spd -atk)
Thunderbolt
Substitute
HP Ice, but if Water works for you then w/e
Baton Pass

WAT

Registeel@Leftovers
Swagger
Psych up
Explosion
Metal claw

REGIROCK IS BETTER imo ;D

Sceptile@Petaya Berry
Timidnature (+spd -atk)
EVS: 252 Sp. Atk/Spd, 6 HP
Leaf blade
HP Ice (Fire if Steels keep messing you up)
Endeavor
Substitute

I gave you the Endeavor set...if you want Seedstaller go to smogon.com for details...

Gengar@Leftovers
Hasty nature (+speed -Def) Mild could work I guess, but you need at least 300 in the speed Stat and some Attack EVs
EVS: lotsa speed/some attack/some special attack/a little HP = I'm sketchy since I never used this...but it's McGar since Blissey most likely ruins you...
Thunderbolt
Ice punchThough if you are super worried about Pert try Giga Drain
Substitute
Focus Punch

mississippi

Delta
29th December 2005, 5:30 AM
All right, thanks for your advice, but i donna know wht would i teach joteon BP and substitute. I canīt afford that as T-wave is part of my shuffler strategy. Also, i thought that the sub-punch strategy was only useful for PKMN with low speed...

aipomkong
29th December 2005, 3:23 PM
Jolteon Used Thunder Wave!
Pokemon used Attack
Jolteon fainted

Salamance@Choice band
Fire Blast
EQ
Rock slide
HP Flying

lol CB Dragon Dance

Suicune@Lum berry
Surf
Ice beam
Calm mind
Rest

lol Lum with Rest

Bold nature, 240 Hp/212 def/rest in sdef

Jolteon@Scope lens
Thunderbolt
Thunder wave
HP water
Wish

lol

Registeel@Leftovers
Swagger
Psych up
Explosion
Metal claw

lol

Sceptile@Focus band
Leaf blade
Leech seed
Dragon claw
Thunderpunch

lol

Gengar@King's rock
Thunderbolt
Ice punch
Hipnosis
Explosion

haha king's rock doesn't even work with anything on this moveset

i honestly didn't bother changing movesets

I could write an essay about how bad this team is, but for now

www.smogon.com/advance/

check out each pokemon you are using's strategy page and learn

Delta
29th December 2005, 6:33 PM
Jolteon Used Thunder Wave!
Pokemon used Attack
Jolteon fainted

i honestly didn't bother changing movesets

I could write an essay about how bad this team is, but for now

www.smogon.com/advance/

check out each pokemon you are using's strategy page and learn

All right, Oma, let&#180;s see. You say i should use Fire blast with choice band, but it only boosts PHISICAL ATTACKS, and FB is special. I admit Jolteon has bad defenses, but T-wave is far better than Substitute!. 212 EVS isn&#180;t a correct amount, you should learn to split them correctly...
I don&#180;t know what&#180;s wrong with Sceptile&#180;s moveset, so why don&#180;t ya tell me? I also noticed you couldn&#180;t see the swagger+psych up strategy with registell, as you only wrote lol. Also, you said that king's rock has no use in engar's moveset. Well, King's may cause the enemy to flinch, and it works with PKMN with high speed, as a timid gengar

Maybe you should go and learn a bit about team strategy.

Fluorescent Adolescent
29th December 2005, 6:42 PM
All right, Oma, letīs see. You say i should use Fire blast with choice band, but it only boosts PHISICAL ATTACKS, and FB is special. I admit Jolteon has bad defenses, but T-wave is far better than Substitute!. 212 EVS isnīt a correct amount, you should learn to split them correctly...
I donīt know whatīs wrong with Sceptileīs moveset, so why donīt ya tell me? I also noticed you couldnīt see the swagger+psych up strategy with registell, as you only wrote lol. Also, you said that king's rock has no use in engar's moveset. Well, King's may cause the enemy to flinch, and it works with PKMN with high speed, as a timid gengar

Maybe you should go and learn a bit about team strategy.

I stopped reading at the bold part. Well I didn't but still. I lolled at the very last part.

lol dude, FB is for predicted skarm switch ins. It owns skarm basically. Hydro Pump is better IMO though.

Delta
29th December 2005, 6:54 PM
There is no need for Fb, after a couple of DD, Rock slide will do enough damage, even to Skarm

aipomkong
29th December 2005, 6:58 PM
1)All right, Oma, letīs see. You say i should use Fire blast with choice band, but it only boosts PHISICAL ATTACKS, and FB is special. 2)I admit Jolteon has bad defenses, but T-wave is far better than Substitute!. 3)212 EVS isnīt a correct amount, you should learn to split them correctly...
4)I donīt know whatīs wrong with Sceptileīs moveset, so why donīt ya tell me? 5)I also noticed you couldnīt see the swagger+psych up strategy with registell, as you only wrote lol. 6)Also, you said that king's rock has no use in engar's moveset. Well, King's may cause the enemy to flinch, and it works with PKMN with high speed, as a timid gengar

7)Maybe you should go and learn a bit about team strategy.

k i split your retarded post into sections

1) Fire Blast is for Skarmory, using Prediction, you do know what Prediction is right? well it's a hell of a lot better then Choice Band Dragon Dance nub

2) Substitute will block status, and then baton pass that sub to another pokemon, thunder wave will just get you killed ***

3) 212 evs is a correct amount, there is no certain amount for ev spliting, 252/252/6 is probably the only thing you use as you have no idea how to ev split effectivly
also how the **** is it not a correct amount, when it goes up to 252?

and I ****ing wrote this forums ev'ing guide, so i think i know how to ev pokemon

4) focus band is a **** item, and dragon claw is pointless when you can use hp ice for dragons thats why.

5) swagger + psych up is a strategy that fails

you used swagger
person used SWITCH
your strategy failed because you suck

6) King's rock only works with move that do not have a side effect already, lets check your gengar then

ice punch - has a chance of freezing, king's rock doesn't work on that
thunderbolt - has para chance, king's rock has no effect
hypnosis - sleep cannot flinch
explosion - cannot flinch as the side effect is your pokrmon faints

you fail.

7) lol i would be happy to beat you on netbattle, and i would honestly breeze past you

in short you fail as you can't prove me wrong, and everything you say is nubish and incorrect

aipomkong
29th December 2005, 6:59 PM
There is no need for Fb, after a couple of DD, Rock slide will do enough damage, even to Skarm

OMG CB Dragon Dance beats all

you do know after DD you won't be able to chose another move

and skarmory would just whirlwind you out after 1 dragon dance

Delta
29th December 2005, 7:11 PM
k i split your retarded post into sections

1) Fire Blast is for Skarmory, using Prediction, you do know what Prediction is right? well it's a hell of a lot better then Choice Band Dragon Dance nub

2) Substitute will block status, and then baton pass that sub to another pokemon, thunder wave will just get you killed ***

3) 212 evs is a correct amount, there is no certain amount for ev spliting, 252/252/6 is probably the only thing you use as you have no idea how to ev split effectivly
also how the **** is it not a correct amount, when it goes up to 252?

and I ****ing wrote this forums ev'ing guide, so i think i know how to ev pokemon

4) focus band is a **** item, and dragon claw is pointless when you can use hp ice for dragons thats why.

5) swagger + psych up is a strategy that fails

you used swagger
person used SWITCH
your strategy failed because you suck

6) King's rock only works with move that do not have a side effect already, lets check your gengar then

ice punch - has a chance of freezing, king's rock doesn't work on that
thunderbolt - has para chance, king's rock has no effect
hypnosis - sleep cannot flinch
explosion - cannot flinch as the side effect is your pokrmon faints

you fail.

7) lol i would be happy to beat you on netbattle, and i would honestly breeze past you

in short you fail as you can't prove me wrong, and everything you say is nubish and incorrect

1)Ok, letīs see. I will take out Sala's CB. I use Dd, adn sala's attack becomes over 550. I use Rock slide on Skarm. Letīs see the damage formula:
75*550/Skarmīs defense=400 +lvl/15 + (Random integer number between 1 and 700)/15= between 101 and 122
2) who would be so stupid to use a status inflict-attack on Jolteon, knowing the pathetci defenses it has. Substitute is useless for it, Bp could be OK
3)212 is incorrect. Letīs see: 212/6= 35,333333.... no use for it
4)Focus band may be bad, but i canīt think of any other item, and i failed in getting Hp ice, so i use Dragon claw for sal and d-nite
5) You're right in there. Snif
6) I honestly didnīt know that King's rock didnīt work with moves that may have secondary effects. Sorry for that.
7)I'd be pleased to battle you some day. See ya!

DragonDance
29th December 2005, 7:13 PM
There is no need for Fb, after a couple of DD, Rock slide will do enough damage, even to Skarm lol choice band dragon dance

Focus band may be bad, but i can&#180;t think of any other item, and i failed in getting Hp ice, so i use Dragon claw for sal and d-nite Leftovers anyone???????

aipomkong
29th December 2005, 7:15 PM
1)Ok, letīs see. I will take out Sala's CB. I use Dd, adn sala's attack becomes over 550. I use Rock slide on Skarm. Letīs see the damage formula:
75*550/Skarmīs defense=400 +lvl/15 + (Random integer number between 1 and 700)/15= between 101 and 122
2) who would be so stupid to use a status inflict-attack on Jolteon, knowing the pathetci defenses it has. Substitute is useless for it, Bp could be OK
4)Focus band may be bad, but i canīt think of any other item, and i failed in getting Hp ice, so i use Dragon claw for sal and d-nite
6) I honestly didnīt know that King's rock didnīt work with moves that may have secondary effects. Sorry for that.

1) skarm still whrilwinds you away, but yes dragon dance/rock slide/quake/hp fly is standard dragon dance mence

2) jolteon forces blissey into play so much you get free substitutes then baton pass to a focus punch gengar on the seismic toss, omg :win:

3) i have no idea where 212/6 comes from, i mean 212 in ONE stat, not using a total of 212 evs

4) Leftovers is the best item for non-choice banders, k i thought this was for NB so HP ice is easily obtainable, but fair enough

also i'd like to say sorry for being abrupt earlier

Fluorescent Adolescent
29th December 2005, 7:16 PM

1.) No offence dude but I lolled. Didn't you understand what 0ma was saying? In number 1 he was saying that choice band restricts only to one move so you'd just be stuck using dragon dance and no attacks.
2.) You put a sub up when predicting the switch to a counter pogey.
4.) FB=Hax 'Nuff said about that.
7.) lol

Delta
29th December 2005, 7:21 PM
1) skarm still whrilwinds you away, but yes dragon dance/rock slide/quake/hp fly is standard dragon dance mence

2) jolteon forces blissey into play so much you get free substitutes then baton pass to a focus punch gengar on the seismic toss, omg :win:

3) i have no idea where 212/6 comes from, i mean 212 in ONE stat, not using a total of 212 evs

4) Leftovers is the best item for non-choice banders, k i thought this was for NB so HP ice is easily obtainable, but fair enough

also i'd like to say sorry for being abrupt earlier

Itīs Ok, oma, donna worry. Oh, and about point 3, i though that the amount of EV had to be split into 6 to see how much increased your status.
EG. 252 Evs in special attack
252/6= 42 of increase in Sp. attack
And thanks for the jolteon-substitute explanation, it will help me a lot. See ya!

Tazzler
30th December 2005, 5:56 PM
If I can understand what you are saying, its every 6 evs you get a point highter. More like 4. 252/4= 63 increase in stat.

DragonDance
30th December 2005, 6:12 PM
If i can understand what you are saying, its every 6 evs you get a point highter. More like 4. 252/4= 63 increase in stat.

its every 4 >.<

Fluorescent Adolescent
30th December 2005, 6:41 PM
its every 4 >.<

That's what he already said.

S:C
30th December 2005, 11:55 PM
Salamance@Choice band
Dragon dance
EQ
Rock slide
HP bug

Jolly says "Hi." HP needs to be Flying.

Suicune@Lum berry
Surf
Ice beam
Calm mind
Rest

Refer after the rate.

Jolteon@Scope lens
Thunderbolt
Thunder wave
HP water
Wish

HP Grass might live. Scope lens is lol.

Registeel@Leftovers
Swagger
Psych up
Explosion
Metal claw

You've got the wrong nature listed. It's Impish.

Curse
Earthquake
HP Steel
Rest

lol

Sceptile@Focus band
Leaf blade
Leech seed
Dragon claw
Thunderpunch

HP Ice overruns Dragon Claw.

Gengar@King's rock
Thunderbolt
Ice punch
Hipnosis
Explosion

You don't have a move to help Hypnosis.

I could've rambled on and on about how much this team sucks, but 0mastar and Co. covered all that was needed to be said.

aipomkong
31st December 2005, 12:03 AM
I seriously hope you aren't suggestly jolly salamence, seeming as it fails;

reason, it doesn't have adequate power with CB or after 1 DD to even dent bulky waters, at least Adamant ones can 2hko bulky waters after 1 round of spikes, or sometimes none (low def swampert)
plus mence only needs 299 speed to counter what it has to (hera/blaziken/medicham)

Delta
31st December 2005, 6:24 AM
Jolly nature for Sala isnīt gonna help. With adamant, i could get 390 at attack, adn after a DD, i get almost 600. Plus, donīt ask me to change the hidden powers Type, as this isnīt a team for NB

DragonDance
31st December 2005, 6:09 PM
Then use Ariel (sp?) Ace

Delta
31st December 2005, 8:32 PM
So, adfter some suggestions, i finally fixed the team. Here it is

Salamence@Kingīs rock
Adamant nature (+atck -sp.atck)
EVS:6Hp 252atck 252speed
Dragon dance
Quake
Rock slide
Aerial ace (Couldnīt get HP fly)

Suicune@Lum berry
Bold nature (+def -atck)
EVS:100HP 124def 140sp.atck 136sp.def
Calm mind
Surf
Ice beam
Rest

Gardevoir@Shell bell (Is it a good item?)
Modest nature (+sp.atck -atck)
EVS:6hp 252sp.atck 252speed
Psychic
T-bolt
Calm mind
Will-o-Wisp

Houndoom@White herb
Modest nature (+sp.atck -atck)
EVS:100hp 204sp.atck 206speed
Overheat
crunch
Endure
reversal

Do ya think itīs a good moveset? It just came up to me, and i was thinking to teach it maybe W-o-W or Pursuit...

Dodrio@Choice band
Adamant nature (atck -sp.atck)
EVS:6hp 252atck 252speed
Drill pekc
Tri-attack
Hp Ground
Quick attack

Sceptile@Leftovers
Timid nature (+speed -atck)
EVS:126hp 252sp.atck 132speed
Leaf blade
Leech seed
Substitue
Endeavor

This works great against Spongeys, so i donna need a Focus puncher

So, what doyya think now?

aipomkong
31st December 2005, 9:39 PM
good for in-game but;

Fire blast/Crunch/Will-o-Wisp/[HP Grass/HP Ice/Pursuit] is better for houndoom, as it has no STAB on reversal and not the greatest attack.

Dodrio - Return > Tri Attack as it has quite a bit more power, failing that Body Slam or Double-Edge over Tri Attack

Delta
31st December 2005, 11:23 PM
All right, thanks. Also, i heard that beat-up for Houndoom was a OHKO against Blissey. Is that right?

aipomkong
31st December 2005, 11:31 PM
depends on the other 5 pokemon's base attack, but it is a 2hko at best