PDA

View Full Version : Yugioh: Advanced- Cards you should be playing and why

Raito
30th December 2005, 1:26 AM
Because of the lack of good cards in the decks on the Rate My Deck Section, I thought we all need this...

Staples
You should have these cards in every deck, with extremely rare exceptions (except burn).

Monsters:

DD Warrior Lady- DDWL(for short) has solid stats and can remove monsters off the field. It combos well with Return from the Different Dimension. It can take down tough monsters and is searchable by many methods.

Breaker the Magical Warrior- He's a beatstick or has solid stats, easy Spell/Trap removal.

Sangan- Can search out monsters with 1500 attack or less, and they usually have good effects. Only use when you have at least 4 monsters searchable by Sangan.

Magician of Faith- With people running as low as ten spells, you need to get those back and it's searchable.

Spells and Traps:

Dark Hole/Torrential Tribute: Can destroy a full field of monsters and triggers effects like Sangan. It can leave the field open for attack.

Snatch Steal- You can take an opponent's monster, you can dish out more damage than they gain, and it combos well with Book of Moon.

Premature Burial/Call of the Haunted- A small cost (Premature-800 LP/Call-Slow Trap) to reborn a Sangan or a strong monster. The best topdeck in the game, if LP permits.

Heavy Storm- Destroys a Burn Deck and Trap-heavy decks. You will definetely need it for offense and it combos well with Dark Hole.

Mystical Space Typhoon- It has versatility and it destroys one Spell or Trap Card on the field. Can either be set or can be used during your turn.

Excellent Cards

WingedBlade
30th December 2005, 4:05 PM
Not all those cards are for "every deck"

Magician of Faith may not be needed depending on your spells.

Sagan could be down to 3.

They could not fit into every deck but some cards that help are

Spirit Reaper
Exiled Force
Swords of Revaling Light
Renforicment of the Army
Shashing Ground
Lightning Vortex
Scapegoat
Sakaretsu Armor
Bottomless Trap Hole
Dust Tornado
Nobleman of Crossout

dark magician
30th December 2005, 4:58 PM
Because of the lack of good cards in the decks on the Rate My Deck Section, I thought we all need this...

Staples
You should have these cards in every deck, with extremely rare exceptions (except burn).

Monsters:

DD Warrior Lady- DDWL(for short) has solid stats and can remove monsters off the field. It combos well with Return from the Different Dimension. It can take down tough monsters and is searchable by many methods.

Breaker the Magical Warrior- He's a beatstick or has solid stats, easy Spell/Trap removal.

Sangan- Can search out monsters with 1500 attack or less, and they usually have good effects. Only use when you have at least 4 monsters searchable by Sangan.

Magician of Faith- With people running as low as ten spells, you need to get those back and it's searchable.

Spells and Traps:

Dark Hole/Torrential Tribute: Can destroy a full field of monsters and triggers effects like Sangan. It can leave the field open for attack.

Snatch Steal- You can take an opponent's monster, you can dish out more damage than they gain, and it combos well with Book of Moon.

Premature Burial/Call of the Haunted- A small cost (Premature-800 LP/Call-Slow Trap) to reborn a Sangan or a strong monster. The best topdeck in the game, if LP permits.

Heavy Storm- Destroys a Burn Deck and Trap-heavy decks. You will definetely need it for offense and it combos well with Dark Hole.

Mystical Space Typhoon- It has versatility and it destroys one Spell or Trap Card on the field. Can either be set or can be used during your turn.

Coming Soon... The Excellent cards section.

pretty much agreed except i think you should add noblemen of crossout and exiled force>warrior lady(sometimes,for my deck i run it over ddwl beacuse it is too slow in my adv. dark magician deck)

Raito
30th December 2005, 5:14 PM
All those cards are in this article. They will be in my next section.

Aquadon
31st December 2005, 1:00 AM
pretty much agreed except i think you should add noblemen of crossout and exiled force>warrior lady(sometimes,for my deck i run it over ddwl beacuse it is too slow in my adv. dark magician deck)
NoC I agree with. Exiled though, is nothing compared to DDWL. With DDWL, they CAN'T revive it with CotH or Premature Burial. They CAN with Exiled, which makes all the difference. Also, DDWL's effect works on the opponent's turn as well.

Most cards that Wingblade said are good, EXCEPT for Lightning Vortex. 2 for 1 or 2 for 2 isn't that good in our meta, and that's basically what it most likely will be.

Good article, or somewhat of an article. Could've been longer, but I like it :D

CloudLink
5th January 2006, 9:21 AM
Ah, you are leaving out Mobius...
In the current format, he is nearly a staple...
He's been popping up lately...
Also, D.D. Assailant > D.D. Warrior Lady for one reason: you can use 3 of him(or is it a her?)

Otherwise, I pretty much agree with your list...

Peace...

~RaikouRider243~
5th January 2006, 5:19 PM
Ah, you are leaving out Mobius...
In the current format, he is nearly a staple...
He's been popping up lately...
Also, D.D. Assailant > D.D. Warrior Lady for one reason: you can use 3 of him(or is it a her?)

I don't know about DDA > DDWL... In the current format, you don't really need to draw DDA, and you can't really splash him in every deck like you can DDWL. DDA is better off in warrior decks, Earthdown decks, and Dimension (DD) decks.

Plus it is almost certain he'll get restricted next format, possibly with D.D. Warrior.

Mobius is nice, but I prefer to play Parshath in quite a few decks. He's the best filler tribute in the game. I just prefer Parshath in my hand control deck because it's the only reliable drawing engine left in the game. Pot of Avarice only works in a few decks like tomato control or any form of graveyard control. It works in just about any deck that Necrovalley kills.

Of course, Mobius is still sitting in my sideboard in case I need spell/trap removal beyond Breaker/Heavy/MST/2 Dusts.

Shadow the Hedgehog
6th January 2006, 7:33 PM
I have most of those in my deck already except DDWL. (I have one I just don't use it.)

The Requiem
6th January 2006, 10:04 PM
I don't know about DDA > DDWL... In the current format, you don't really need to draw DDA, and you can't really splash him in every deck like you can DDWL. DDA is better off in warrior decks, Earthdown decks, and Dimension (DD) decks.

Is that why DDA is splashed into about every deck? (including mine, sadly...) DDA is one of the best removal monsters we have right now.

Plus it is almost certain he'll get restricted next format, possibly with D.D. Warrior.
2 things.
#1. Different Dimension Assailant is female.
#2. Different Dimension Warrior is currently too rare, and not as powerful as his "sisters", so I dont see him getting a restriction shot at all. Hes a not-optional DDWL.

Mobius is a better filler than Airknight, BTW. Heavier attack and s/t removal > deckthinning + trample.

((Okay, Josh, Im done picking on you now, lol))

Okay, no. No no no. Faith is *NOT* and I repeat *NOT* a staple card. She is currently useful in ONE Tier 1 deck, and thats flip flop control. She fits into flip flip control and is only searchable in spellcaster builds that use the less useful Apprentice Magician over the much better Gravekeepers Spy. She still wont be much more than that when the spellcaster decks roll around, just maybe to recycle Dimension Magic, but thats it...

*koff*

Uhm...good burn decks make Heavy Storm stfu with a well placed Judgement of Anubis/Fake Trap...and its not really a combo with dark hole, its just clearing the field...Its not even often that you see them together..

Okay.

I'm done ranting for now.

And I leave you with this.

Sagan could be down to 3.

How hilarious is that?

Phaedra
7th January 2006, 6:00 AM
They made a card based on Carl Sagan?

Raito
7th January 2006, 6:23 AM
Sagan could be down to three

They made a card based on Carl Sagan?

Officially Sigged!

Excellent cards will be up by next Saturday.

The Requiem
7th January 2006, 7:47 AM
I didnt even realize that...lol

ash5550
14th January 2006, 4:22 PM
For monsters like Breaker and DDWL wouldn't you have more than one? If you do that Chthonion alliance can cause a massive breakdown for your opponent. Is Chothion alliance good for cards with effects like Breaker? Also, wouldn't Infernal Incinerator be good good idea for spell decks? Because its only summond one way, cards like magical explosion come into effect. But it is a summon killer, but aren't there other cards that counter this?

Aquadon
15th January 2006, 12:06 AM
For monsters like Breaker and DDWL wouldn't you have more than one?
Ummm.... more than 1 Breaker in a deck? Are you crazy? Both of those cards are limited, thus, you can only have 1 per deck.

Also, wouldn't Infernal Incinerator be good good idea for spell decks? Because its only summond one way, cards like magical explosion come into effect. But it is a summon killer, but aren't there other cards that counter this?

And I really don't see what this has to do with the "staples".

Love Hina Fan
15th January 2006, 3:10 AM
If people are still doubting the power of some of these cards, here is an even better explanation.

Sangan- You could overextend with this so you can have three monsters on the field without losing too much advantage from Dark Hole/Torrential Tribute. 1-1.

Breaker the Magical Warrior-Should always be at least a 2-1 if you know how to use it. Becomes an x-1 if survived on the field long enough.

Dark Hole/Torrential Tribute-Punishes swarming overextending players. x-1.

Heavy Storm-Punishes backfield overextend and keeps Burn/Stall somewhat in check. Also x-1.

Mystical Space Typhoon-Solid 1-1, could be 2-1 when chained to another MST or Dust. If this becomes unrestricted, I'd main three and side Heavy...

Snatch Steal-This could be a +2 for you because you got rid of an opponent's Monster and got yourself a Monster.

Premature Burial/Call of the Haunted-Solid 1-1s that revives a Monster.

BTW, Staples are pieces of metallic device used to hold paper together...

Raito
15th January 2006, 5:20 AM
^Hilarious...

Zora
15th January 2006, 6:41 AM
MoF is a staple because most of the powerful cards are magic, and you need them back. Premature, Heavy Storm, Lightning Vortex maybe. Magic also are very quick compared to there brother, traps. Also they don't have leveling. It is very good indeed.

The Requiem
15th January 2006, 9:37 AM
Okay, no. No no no. Faith is *NOT* and I repeat *NOT* a staple card. She is currently useful in ONE Tier 1 deck, and thats flip flop control. She fits into flip flip control and is only searchable in spellcaster builds that use the less useful Apprentice Magician over the much better Gravekeepers Spy. She still wont be much more than that when the spellcaster decks roll around, just maybe to recycle Dimension Magic, but thats it...

*koff*

So tell me again why MoF is a staple?

Most flips are terrible..

She's barely useable.

Oromis
17th January 2006, 6:57 AM
Non-Aggresion Area is pretty good. Goes well with Dark Hole, Raegeki, anything that clears the field.

Dark Maltos
17th January 2006, 1:19 PM
Non-Aggresion Area is pretty good

Meh, if your really scared of them getting a monster out, you could just use Monster Removal instead.

Raito
17th January 2006, 2:41 PM
Maltos, you are cool, I didn't know you went on SPPF, I thought you were just a Pojo guy.

Jupetta
18th January 2006, 2:31 AM
Maltos, you are cool, I didn't know you went on SPPF, I thought you were just a Pojo guy.
To answer your question he was formerly known as "Ghostrider124" or something like that.
;354;~Dark Magician~;354;

Aquadon
18th January 2006, 10:22 PM
So tell me again why MoF is a staple?

Most flips are terrible..

She's barely useable.
MoF (much like Dekoichi, which is popping up now) is a +1. +1's in this meta are g0dly, and you get to choose the card. How awesome is that! Not to mention you can most likely use it on the same turn you get it. I have it stapled into my deck.

Ghostrider124 was Dark Maltos? Wow, I didn't realize that!

Zee-V70
19th January 2006, 1:55 AM
Here are some combos for a good Fiend Deck:
Inferno Tempest+Return From the Different Dimension/Gren Mahu De Eiza

Inferno tempest makes you remove all monsters in your hand and deck from play if you lose 3000 life points or more.

Return From the Different Dimension allows you to summon as many monsters removed from play as you can if you give half of your life points.

Gren Mahu De Eiza gets 400 attack points for each monster removed from play.

up to a 28,000 (With megamorph 56,000 8p-) attack point monster without Megamorph=pure ownage.

Super Aipom
20th January 2006, 12:46 AM
what about wave-motion cannon? This card works in any deck! Smashing ground is a must, throw in 2 or 3 in your deck.

Aquadon
23rd January 2006, 9:35 PM
what about wave-motion cannon? This card works in any deck! Smashing ground is a must, throw in 2 or 3 in your deck.
It may work, but do you see it in Every Top 8 deck? Didn't think so. It's just one word for a non-Cannon Control deck: filler.

Here are some combos for a good Fiend Deck:
Inferno Tempest+Return From the Different Dimension/Gren Mahu De Eiza

Inferno tempest makes you remove all monsters in your hand and deck from play if you lose 3000 life points or more.

Return From the Different Dimension allows you to summon as many monsters removed from play as you can if you give half of your life points.

Gren Mahu De Eiza gets 400 attack points for each monster removed from play.

up to a 28,000 (With megamorph 56,000 8p-) attack point monster without Megamorph=pure ownage.

Good combo, but does it work in every deck? No? Then it's no Staple.

Remember, this is a thread for Staples, cards that MUST go in EVERY deck.