PDA

View Full Version : Richie's Pokemon!

Addydo
31st December 2005, 4:46 AM
Hey Guys, I have a question;
On Bulbapedia they claim that Ritchie has an Eevee. They put this right next to Eevee's name (Only ever referred to in the dub).
So, my question is, is this true, does he really have an Eevee!? :confused:

CyberCubed
31st December 2005, 5:35 AM
Not that we've ever seen.

V Faction
31st December 2005, 6:36 AM
They are correct: Tis only an addition by the dub to add some flavor to Richie. In truth, there has not been any evidence that he holds Pokemon other than those that we've seen (Butterfree, Charmeleon, Swellow [EDIT: Or Taillow. Or Hello. Or Marshmellow. Or Jesus], Pikachu, and Pupitar).

Alfonso
31st December 2005, 6:38 AM
They are correct: Tis only an addition by the dub to add some flavor to Richie. In truth, there has not been any evidence that he holds Pokemon other than those that we've seen (Butterfree, Charmeleon, Swellow, Pikachu, and Pupitar).

Looks like someone's caught the evolution bug that plagues several members of this board, forcing them to constantly insist that Pokemon are going to evolve. :p

Richie had a Taillow, not a Swellow. XD

Chris
31st December 2005, 6:40 AM
Bulbapedia fails for going by the dub.

V Faction
31st December 2005, 6:42 AM
Looks like someone's caught the evolution bug that plagues several members of this board, forcing them to constantly insist that Pokemon are going to evolve. :p

Richie had a Taillow, not a Swellow. XD
I, uh, meant he, erhm, SHOULD have a Swellow! Yeah!
And I've always had that bug. See Ash's Torkoal? It'll evolve.

CyberCubed
31st December 2005, 6:49 AM
Bulbapedia fails for going by the dub.

Bulbapedia fails in general.

Ho! I kid, I kid.

Geki
31st December 2005, 7:05 AM
Actually being serious, Bulbagarden fails at everything. I've never been fond of the site ever since I've laid eyes on it. But didn't the anime make it look like Richie had Tentacool, Spearow, and a bunch of other Pokemon in the episode ''Friends To The End'' while he was battling Assumpta in the Indigo League?

Alfonso
31st December 2005, 7:09 AM
Actually being serious, Bulbagarden fails at everything. I've never

Actually being serious, shut up.

Personally, I'd like to see Richie with an Eevee. She, in Pokemon terms, if Richie = Ash, and May = Ash, then Richie = May. Interesting, eh?

Geki
31st December 2005, 7:18 AM
Actually being serious, shut up.

Personally, I'd like to see Richie with an Eevee. She, in Pokemon terms, if Richie = Ash, and May = Ash, then Richie = May. Interesting, eh?

Richie with an Eevee would be pretty stupid actually since May just hatched a newborn Eevee and everything. XD Also, we probably won't even see Richie for the rest of the series again. They pretty much have replaced Ash with a new rival every saga

Kanto (Indigo): Richie
Johto: Harrison
Hoenn: Tetsuya

Masamune was also, but he was more like a friend since Ash had met him beforehand, six episodes before they had even laid foot on Ever Grande City. Seven if you count the Clip Show.

Alfonso
31st December 2005, 7:23 AM
Richie with an Eevee would be pretty stupid actually since May just hatched a newborn Eevee and everything. XD Also, we probably won't even see Richie for the rest of the series again. They pretty much have replaced Ash with a new rival every saga and all.

Hence the whole thing about Richie = Ash, May = Ash, so Richie = May. :|

Also, I'd like you to explain this 'replaced' thing. Ash has only really had one rival. Ash's rival in Kanto was Gary. He had non in the Orange Islands, and Gary was only a fleeting presence in Johto. He then had non in Houen, and currently non in Kanto again.

And no, random trainers that appear at the very end of the series to battle Ash are not 'rivals'. They're simply friends that end up battling him. If you were going to say that Richie was or is Ash's Rival, then what about Mandy? And Pete Pebbleman? Or Tomono? They all battled Ash in the Leagues, the others just got more screentime.

packerdan
31st December 2005, 7:23 AM
Richie with an Eevee would be pretty stupid actually since May just hatched a newborn Eevee and everything. XD Also, we probably won't even see Richie for the rest of the series again. They pretty much have replaced Ash with a new rival every saga and all.

And that stopped us from seeing Richie both in Johto and in Hosos during Hoenn, right?

Just because he isn't Ash's rival doesn't mean he's nonexistant. Obviously /someone/ remembers he is still alive. That is unless his Pupitar evolved and ate him, like I've been hoping for.

Geki
31st December 2005, 7:28 AM
Richie has become more of a friend to Ash then a rival ever since Ash lost to him. If you remember correctly, they shook hands at the end of Kanto and said they will always be friends. You're also negating the fact that Ash has lost Gary as a rival at the end of Johto, and that he didn't even make an appearance in the Orange Islands saga until Ash returned to Pallet. Once Ash beat Gary in the Johto League and he quit as a trainer, Gary has also became more of a friend. That leaves the people he lost to, Harrison and Richie, rivals.

MidnightScott
31st December 2005, 7:29 AM
That is unless his Pupitar evolved and ate him, like I've been hoping for.

LMAO xD

If RIchie actually had an Eevee I would start laughing.

~Scott;229;

Geki
31st December 2005, 7:34 AM

Hence the whole thing about Richie = Ash, May = Ash, so Richie = May. :|

Also, I'd like you to explain this 'replaced' thing. Ash has only really had one rival. Ash's rival in Kanto was Gary. He had non in the Orange Islands, and Gary was only a fleeting presence in Johto. He then had non in Houen, and currently non in Kanto again.

And no, random trainers that appear at the very end of the series to battle Ash are not 'rivals'. They're simply friends that end up battling him. If you were going to say that Richie was or is Ash's Rival, then what about Mandy? And Pete Pebbleman? Or Tomono? They all battled Ash in the Leagues, the others just got more screentime.

You're also forgetting that Ash LOST to Richie, Harrison, and Tetsuya. That means that Ash LOSES to league and goes home because he LOST to them, thus making them a form of ''rival'' to him. People that he defeated aren't the same sort of rival because they are no longer a threat to him.

ChaosMage
31st December 2005, 10:39 AM
I always thought that Richie was put in Hosos because some dude thought to himself "But people only ever watch pokemon because of Pikachu. If there is no Pikachu in an episode, people will hate the show and never watch anything even remotely pokemon related again!", so they put Sparky in a few episodes and threw his annoying trainer in as an afterthought.

Chris
31st December 2005, 11:02 AM
I'm sorry, when was this a thread about talking about his importance or how much of a clone he is of main characters?

The question was answered earlier. Therefore, I shall close this.