PDA

View Full Version : Egoshipping Discussion

Shadowcat
31st December 2005, 6:35 AM
Basically, I forced Egoshipping into the Shippers Community. I created the last thread too, and due to me making a face-off approved by Himiko in the Face-Off Forum, it caused Egoshipping to have much more popularity.

Now, basically, Egoshipping is the Shipping Name for the couple: Gary and Misty/Shigeru and Kasumi.

Now, let's discuss and try to keep this thread alive.

EDIT TO Ex_Kyogre: Like Kiori said in the rules, if you don't like the shipping. Don't post at all. And you bearing a grudge on me has nothing to do with Egoshipping. Don't post if you have nothing to contribute to this discussion. All Egoshippers from the other two threads, don't be afraid to post. We'll discuss on Egoshipping.

intergalactic platypus
1st January 2006, 7:13 PM
A fanon ship I'm very fond of. It will never happen, but that doesn't stop me from liking it

Lady Barbara
2nd January 2006, 12:20 AM
Not a huge fan of this ship, but it presents some interesting possibilities in the realm of fanfiction. I once read a fanfic on FFN where Gary and Misty got together because she got tired of waiting around for Ash to notice her. Another possibility: what if Misty began dating Gary to make Ash jealous?

intergalactic platypus
2nd January 2006, 4:40 AM
OOOH I should write a fic like that. She gets together with him to get back at Ash for a fight, but she ends up discovering she really does have feelings for him. But when he finds out thats why they got together, lets just say hes less then happy

Lady Barbara
2nd January 2006, 4:09 PM
I like that idea. The ship has some basis in fanon, if only for the fact that Gary and Misty are both old enough to date and to understand what's involved in falling in love. And didn't Gary ask Misty to join him during one of the episodes set on Cinnabar Island? It might've been "Volcanic Panic" but my memory's rusty here.

intergalactic platypus
2nd January 2006, 5:41 PM
I am writing the fic now. Basically, its a while later. Misty and Ash were engaged, but she finds out he was cheating on her so she breaks it off. Being Misty, she wants revenge and to make him feel as bad as she felt, so she decides to track down his biggest rival. She finds Gary as a professor who has dedicated his life to being the best professor in the world, so she has quite a challenge ahead of her: to make Gary loosen up on his ambition and drive and get together with her. Needless to say, it happens but she starts to develop actual feelings for him. When he finds out he was just being used to make Ash jealous, well all hell breaks loose. It should be put up soon. I'm sick of the shipping fic forum being all advanceshipping, contestshipping, and the occasional pokeshipping, so I figure this will be a nice change of pace

Shadowcat
5th January 2006, 11:57 AM
intergalatic platypus, I'll check out the Egoshipping Fic soon. I have to get off soon, so sorry.

Now, Egoshipping Fics are now quite commonly found on FanFiction.Net. Search them out using Search, but I can't help you guys as I can't post links unless their my own Fics, but that's advertising.

RedJirachi
6th January 2006, 10:07 AM
May x Drew
May x Harley
Jessie's Seviper x Ash's Pikachu{if Seviper is a girl,which I'm pretty sure Seviper is}