PDA

View Full Version : Having a pokemon tournament with a friend

ChronaMew
31st December 2005, 11:48 PM
We get to go by places and level. Currently, we get level 30, up to Daycare. We can breed for egg moves and the like, and I plan to. This is the team I plan to have. No EV spreads yet, but I might later on. I have Ruby btw

I got 2 King's Rocks from my Zigzagoons, other then that the best I have is berries and a Silk Scarf

;253;
Grovyle @ King's Rock
Leaf Blade
Pursuit
???, Possibly Screech
???

I know he started with Mudkip, so Leaf Blade will be useful.

;288;
Vigoroth @ ???(Maybe Silk Scarf or my second Rock, nothing better currently)
Slash
Possibly Focus Punch, if I can get it at a high enough level to breed
???
???
EndRev? Again, don't want to level that high to breed

;282;
Gardevoir @ ???
Psychic
Calm Mind
Double Team
Filler til I can breed Will o Wisp. Possibly Confusion?

Possibly a Shejinda, but it won't have any good attacks for a while. Not sure if my friend knows how to counter it though, which gives me an advantage. Was also thinking about a Manectric. Gyarados might also work, but it doesn't learn a lot of attacks at 30 and can't learn through breeding. Maybe a Swalot would work well on my team. Any suggestions for the last few pokemon and movesets? Thanks in advance, and go ahead and ask me if you want to know anything. Oh, and I don't mind breeding for natures either, I have another week til we start.

aipomkong
31st December 2005, 11:50 PM
btw king's rock won't work with any move that has side effects

i.e leaf blade (+ ch ratio), pursuit (x2 damage on switch outs)

ChronaMew
31st December 2005, 11:56 PM
Oh, forgot about the critical ratio of LB. Well perhaps on another poke

Carpetted!
1st January 2006, 12:06 AM
Do you know your friend's pokemon?

ChronaMew
1st January 2006, 12:20 AM
Only his Marshtomp. Neither of us know eachothers pokemon, so I basically want a team that covers eachothers weakness

SapphireL
1st January 2006, 12:56 AM
Don't use Double Team. ¬_¬ go for Thunderbolt instead on Gardevoir

well.. there's also:
Grovyle (Timid Nature) @Leftovers
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp.Attack, 6 Hp..... maybe less Sp.Attack and more Hp :/
-Leaf Blade
-Leech Seed
-Substitute
-Thunder Punch

is what I suggest... but if you for some reason can't get those moves, you COULD go with:
-Leaf Blade
-Dragon Claw
-Leech Seed
-Safeguard

:/ lol

Carpetted!
1st January 2006, 1:32 AM
You might want to skip grovyle, as your friend will most likely have a counter to it and won't send in marshtomp against it. Use magic leaf on gardevoir, suprise him

chaos952
1st January 2006, 1:51 AM
Natures?

We get to go by places and level. Currently, we get level 30, up to Daycare. We can breed for egg moves and the like, and I plan to. This is the team I plan to have. No EV spreads yet, but I might later on. I have Ruby btw

I got 2 King's Rocks from my Zigzagoons, other then that the best I have is berries and a Silk Scarf

;253;
Grovyle @ Leftovers
Leaf Blade
Thunderpunch
Leech Seed
Substitute

I know he started with Mudkip, so Leaf Blade will be useful.

;288;
Vigoroth @ Salac Berry
Endure
Reversal
Flail/Taunt
Shadow Ball

That's just about as good as Vigoroth can get. =/ Hopefully you can get 82 Speed to outspeed Pokemon with base 130 speed after the Salac.

;282;
Gardevoir @ Leftovers
Psychic
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt/Ice Punch
Will-O-Wisp

Possibly a Shejinda, but it won't have any good attacks for a while. Not sure if my friend knows how to counter it though, which gives me an advantage. Was also thinking about a Manectric. Gyarados might also work, but it doesn't learn a lot of attacks at 30 and can't learn through breeding. Maybe a Swalot would work well on my team. Any suggestions for the last few pokemon and movesets? Thanks in advance, and go ahead and ask me if you want to know anything. Oh, and I don't mind breeding for natures either, I have another week til we start.

Lack of Tyranitar means that you can attempt to EndRev on your friend. :o

ChronaMew
1st January 2006, 8:18 AM
Yeah, I can only obtain stuff up to the Daycare and 3rd Gym, so I can't get some of those moves