PDA

View Full Version : Nice screw up WB.

Token
1st January 2006, 2:56 AM
I was watching WB this morning and a commercial ofr the show came on. It said a few highlights of what will happen then swiched to a picture of the SEVEN frontier brains, at wich point they said "Ash will face the Elite Four Challenge!" Apparantley, WB cant count past four. ¬¬ Kinda stupid huh? or is that what its called in Japan. Just wanted ta say.

Alfonso
1st January 2006, 2:59 AM
No, you're right. They are stupid.

The Brains in Japan are called the Frontier Brains. The Elite Four are known as the Golden Emporers or something along those lines. I don't really know about the latter... Will and Pheobe are the only ones in the E4 that interest me.

Phantom_Bugsy
1st January 2006, 3:01 AM
I wish he'd face the Elite Four. BUT NO.

Ah, WB is stupid anyway. :3

Kamex
1st January 2006, 3:03 AM
I didn't see that commercial. So wait-what exactly were they advertising? Was it the Elite Four or the Frontier Brains? -_-;

Edit: Don't tell me that commercial was about the Hoenn League Championship. :/

intergalactic platypus
1st January 2006, 3:05 AM
WB and 4Kids both make me laugh with how little they seem to know about a franchise they've been working with for the past 7 or 8 years give or take *rolls eyes*

Satoshi
1st January 2006, 3:17 AM
Apparently when they saw the Advance Battle intro, they assumed that the shadowed Battle Frontier Brains were the Elite Four. Sad part is, they aren't the Elite Four, nor does Ash even fight the Elite Four in the first place. ¬¬

CyberCubed
1st January 2006, 3:19 AM
As long as 4kids doesn't call them the Elite 4, all will be well.

Kanadian Kyuubi
1st January 2006, 3:21 AM
Even worse, they spelled Hoenn League wrong! Does Hoen sound right?

Kamex
1st January 2006, 3:27 AM
Apparently when they saw the Advance Battle intro, they assumed that the shadowed Battle Frontier Brains were the Elite Four. Sad part is, they aren't the Elite Four, nor does Ash even fight the Elite Four in the first place. ¬¬
Oh, that's what confused me. Sheesh, they should start double-checking their info from now on.

Kinda funny, though. First 4Kids made the poor decision to include the Frontier Brains in the last Hoenn intro, then KidsWB! comes and bungles things up further with this mess. *sigh*

ChaosMage
1st January 2006, 5:02 PM
It won't even be shown for five or six months!

ghost master
1st January 2006, 5:16 PM
Spoiler Warning*
Maybe they're refering to the fact that Ash has to face Agatha to determine whether he could enter the battle frontier challenge. Also remember in the games you have to defeat the elite 4 to get into the battle frontier. I'm pretty sure it will still be called the battle frontier. I think 4 kids was going for the hype what sounds better the ultimate elite 4 challenge or the battle frontier?

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
1st January 2006, 5:23 PM
I remember I saw that commercial while they were rerunning Vanity Affairs on Monday I think it was. So maybe they were referring to Drake? But I barely watch WB anymore so it was probably something else.

YoshiAngemon
2nd January 2006, 1:36 AM
Well, the Elite Four of the Anime are: Bruno, Lorelei/Prima, Lance, and Drake! They pretty much introduced the Elite Four, anyways.

SuperShadow
2nd January 2006, 1:47 AM
Spoiler Warning*
Maybe they're refering to the fact that Ash has to face Agatha to determine whether he could enter the battle frontier challenge. Also remember in the games you have to defeat the elite 4 to get into the battle frontier. I'm pretty sure it will still be called the battle frontier. I think 4 kids was going for the hype what sounds better the ultimate elite 4 challenge or the battle frontier?

That's what I was thinking when I saw the commercial.

Rex Kamex
3rd January 2006, 12:15 AM
That's what I was thinking when I saw the commercial.

No, that's not what they meant because they would've shown Agatha instead of the Brains. If they were really talking about her, showing the Brains would've messed up the commercial (not that there isn't anything wrong with the commercial already). The point is, Kids WB! made a mistake. It was just like when they said that May was having her very first Pokemon Battle when she faced Drew for the first time.

Geki
3rd January 2006, 4:24 AM
4Kids don't know anything when it comes to their dubs, so what do you expect? They have made idiot commercials in the past, they will continue. Like Cybercubed said, as long as they don't dub the brains as the Elite Four then it doesn't really bother me.

Satoshi
3rd January 2006, 4:28 AM
4Kids don't know anything when it comes to their dubs, so what do you expect? They have made idiot commercials in the past, they will continue. Like Cybercubed said, as long as they don't dub the brains as the Elite Four then it doesn't really bother me.
4kids didn't do the commercial, KidWB did. -_-

Hence the thread title "Nice screw up WB".

Tamed Raikou
3rd January 2006, 7:34 AM

Knowing that you mentioned it, they will probably dub that, too.

Satoshi
3rd January 2006, 6:19 PM
Knowing that you mentioned it, they will probably dub that, too.
For the last friggin time, WB called the Frontier Brains the Elite Four NOT 4kids. :)

Red
3rd January 2006, 11:19 PM
It's really sad 4Kids doesn't know squat after being with Pokemon for 8 years... Or Maybe WB is even sadder.

MudkipsGirl
8th January 2006, 9:01 PM
ya WB is getting kinda dumb.. they air the same episode like 2 times in a row on each saturday and both times the commercial said that it was a brand new episode never seen in the U.S.