PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Chronicles....for the US?

Mimori Kiryu
2nd January 2006, 12:16 AM
I know there's a sticky on it but I wanted to verify this....

I found this link at TV.com:

http://www.tv.com/pok%C3%A9mon-chronicles/show/32685/summary.html

Saying that the KidsWB station will be airing this series in September of 2006 for the USA. Can anyone verify that this is true? I hope it is because it stars Richie, Sakura and other sub-characters that many of us like ^_^.

I'm sorry in advance if this is SPAM.

Ralts Master
2nd January 2006, 12:50 AM
>_> Part of me is glad they're FINALLY letting the US see it...

on the other hand, part of me is angry the rest of the English-speaking world seemed to get it before us...

Thriller
2nd January 2006, 12:53 AM
Heh, I miss Dogasu's thread about tvtome/tv.com.

Maybe a new rule should be instituted saying "Don't trust tv.com for anime news."

Translation: This is 99% false as most of tv.com is fanbased.

.Bambi.
2nd January 2006, 12:58 AM
Even if this is indeed true, you shouldn't be excited in the least.
Pokemon Chronicles is WAYYY overrated, and the episodes are actually quite boring. The fact that Ash is in pretty much none of them doesn't help either.

Soooo...yeah.
If this is true, congratulations, and 'take that' US for being the last ones to finally see it :p
But don't get your hopes up, you'll only be disappointed.

Judai Yuki
2nd January 2006, 12:59 AM
Yes i believe we wont get it also because they said that before but if we do how will we also see the brain saga?

Satoshi
2nd January 2006, 1:06 AM
IF it was true: Yay for bringing Chronicles to the US.

Nay for bringing the worse translated Pokemon dub alive to the US. BOO. >_>

Gravy
2nd January 2006, 1:31 AM
on the other hand, part of me is angry the rest of the English-speaking world seemed to get it before us...
And now you know exactly how the citizens of europe feel http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Pokemon Chronicles is WAYYY overrated, and the episodes are actually quite boring.
I concur.
Well, except for 'A Familly That Battles Together, Stays Together.' MILF or not, that was a pretty awesome episode, as Brock-centric eps tend to be. The same goes for the Team Rocket special. Awesome episode, despite the questionable disruption of the trio's canon history.
Those two are pretty much the only worthwhile ones out of all 22.

Uchiha Obito
2nd January 2006, 1:34 AM
waz the brain saga?
i only want to see the "Legend of Thunder"

Poké_Master
2nd January 2006, 1:41 AM
I know there's a sticky on it but I wanted to verify this....

I found this link at TV.com:

http://www.tv.com/pok%C3%A9mon-chronicles/show/32685/summary.html

Saying that the KidsWB station will be airing this series in September of 2006 for the USA. Can anyone verify that this is true? I hope it is because it stars Richie, Sakura and other sub-characters that many of us like ^_^.

I'm sorry in advance if this is SPAM.

I am the Editor for Pokémon Chronicles at tv.com and when I was editing the summary and fixing the air dates for the US, I put September 1st for the Original Air Date because there has to be a date there. It is not confirmed and will be changed when it is.

Sorry for any confusion this has caused.

Judai Yuki
2nd January 2006, 1:46 AM
Ok.. i dont believe you but i believe it isnt airing anytime soon.

Satoshi
2nd January 2006, 1:46 AM
waz the brain saga?
He means the Battle Frontier saga.

Don't you people know how to use spoiler tags anymore? x_x;

i only want to see the "Legend of Thunder"
You should be more greatful that it *didn't* air in the US.

Kabuto
2nd January 2006, 2:00 AM
OK I've known this for a long time. But yes, surprised we get this after Europe. Ehh wasn't too excited to see Chronicles but when it airs I'll watch it. All I really want to see is Legend of Thunder.

Judai Yuki
2nd January 2006, 2:07 AM
Whats so good about the Raikou ep?

The Big Al
2nd January 2006, 2:13 AM
Whats so good about the Raikou ep?
It seemed great because it starred the G/S/C heroes and got us away from Ash for an hour.

However 4Kids handed it to the worst crew who couldn't get Hun's gender right, screwed up on everyone's name, and were so lazy they just used they chorus of that awful Johto pokerap.

Though from what I've heard, the Raikou special didn't need much help from 4Kids to suck.

Chris
2nd January 2006, 2:54 AM
Actually, the Raikou special was quite nice.

..In the original version. There was quite a lot of emotion that was lost thanks to change of music and added dialogue. Not to mention, making Marina into a completely annoying ditz.

Those of you who did not see the dub are quite lucky. :\

CyberCubed
2nd January 2006, 3:35 AM
The original version of the Raikou special was very good. It's one of the best "movies" if you want to call it that.

Except the fact that Kenta is more or less a clone of Ash. I mean really, Kenta did the EXACT same thing Ash would have done had he saw Raikou badly injured. Not to mention the fight against Team Rocket.

As for Marina (the Japanese Marina), she's not really an original character personality wise either. Just take Misty and May, roll them into one, and essentially you have Marina. Even though Marina existed before May, it is amusing to see her afterward and see how Marina is basically Misty and May put together.

Hell, Jackson/Vincent was the only truly original new character from that movie. Aside from the Rocket villains.

Blackjack Gabbiani
2nd January 2006, 7:26 AM
Though from what I've heard, the Raikou special didn't need much help from 4Kids to suck.

That's about the size of it. There's a reason Bashou and Buson have the popularity they do (for one-shots)--they were the best things about it. Even Eusine wasn't his gung-ho, kill-the-blasphemers self that he was on the show itself.

MaskedManAbsolkid
2nd January 2006, 3:14 PM
Some eps are good, like the TR history ep, some you may like because of returning characters who some people like (the Pichu Bros (the mates of them suck, and have bland personalities, maybe except Smoochum), Sakura, Richie, the Magikarp salesman (5 sec appearance), etc), but most are boring. Eusine being changed to Eugene should put you off.

Volteon
2nd January 2006, 3:20 PM
cartoon network is showing pokémon chronicles here in Brazil, but they are so boring that you won´t lose too much

Factory Head Noland
2nd January 2006, 3:23 PM
Those of you who did not see the dub are quite lucky. :\

Agreed.

It was actually quite painful to sit through 3 episodes of it. "Legend of Thunder!" is nothing to look forward to.

Uchiha Obito
2nd January 2006, 3:57 PM
so i am guessing the dub version of any show sucks?

CyberCubed
2nd January 2006, 4:03 PM
What's with all the Hoso bashing lately? Most of the episodes (aside from the Pokemon only ones) are good. The only one with human characters that was really dull was the Casey and cheerleading Charizard one.

I thought all 4 Misty specials were pretty good, both Team Rocket ones, the Brock one, the Gary one, and the Tracey/Oak Butch/Cassidy episode too.

And luckily the dub only butchered the Raikou special, so the dub for the rest of the episdoes bar maybe the Brock one turned out fine.

Silver Ryu
2nd January 2006, 4:07 PM
Well, finally! I don't care if they're boring, I'd still like to see them. Then I can judge for myself whether they're boring or not.

intergalactic platypus
2nd January 2006, 4:31 PM
We shouldn't assume they're boring just because they feature people other then Ash, May, Brock and Max. I think it will be interesting to see what happenens to Misty, Tracey, Sakura, Cassidy, Butch, Casey, Gary, and pretty much everyone featured except for Richie cause I don't like him. But its good to get away from the heroes for a while

Tifa
2nd January 2006, 4:35 PM
>_> Part of me is glad they're FINALLY letting the US see it...

Your from the US?

And your angry that other countries have seen it first,
Rofl
The US really cant talk when it comes to 'who gets what first'

The Big Al
2nd January 2006, 4:38 PM
Ash not being around is a plus. I'm tired of Ash. Think a certain k-word member is the only one who said Ash not being around was bad. Though this person seems to hate change and those who support change.

Ash has been around longer than Goku episode wise and he's tapped. Let other characters shine some.

Blackjack Gabbiani
2nd January 2006, 10:39 PM
so i am guessing the dub version of any show sucks?

Despite what anti-dubbies say, no, dubs do not inherently suck. I'll never understand the hatred for them.

Kamex
3rd January 2006, 1:43 AM
The way everybody condemns the dubbing of Legend of Thunder makes me want to watch it even more than I normally did. >_>

The Big Al
3rd January 2006, 2:12 AM
Despite what anti-dubbies say, no, dubs do not inherently suck. I'll never understand the hatred for them.
There are some animes that the dumb version is better than the original Japanese version.

Andromache
3rd January 2006, 3:12 AM
"Legend of Thunder" was actually the one Chronicle ep I saw and ugh, did not like it. Marina was too shallow to get behind, Jimmy was...well...heroic and therefore uninteresting, and Vincent...well...he was weak and panicked about everything. The Team Rocket members were interesting, but I hear they are uncanonical. Still, it was nice to see pretty competent villains for once. It didn't help that I didn't know who any of these people were. Why should I care about one-shot characters? Eh, I agree with those who say "Legend of Thunder" was nothing special and not that interesting.

Satoshi
3rd January 2006, 3:18 AM
"Legend of Thunder" was actually the one Chronicle ep I saw and ugh, did not like it. Marina was too shallow to get behind, the main hero guy was...well...heroic and therefore uninteresting, and Eugene...well...he was weak and panicked about everything. The Team Rocket members were interesting, but I hear they are uncanonical. Still, it was nice to see pretty competent villains for once. It didn't help that I didn't know who any of these people were. Why should I care about one-shot characters? Eh, I agree with those who say "Legend of Thunder" was nothing special and not that interesting.
...That's because you're talking about the dub version of Legend of Thunder, which screwed up on most of the dub names, character personalities, and the plot. Actually, most of the dubbed specials and hosos (a.k.a Chronicles)aren't exactly accurately translated.

The original versions of Legend of Thunder and the hosos were excellent.

Blackjack Gabbiani
3rd January 2006, 4:22 AM
I donno, I've only seen the undubbed version and the only characters I liked were Bashou, Buson, Shiranui, and Jackson. Yes, Shiranui managed to keep my interest more in his thirty seconds of screen time more than Kenta and Marina's special-long appearences combined.

And the plot wasn't really much. TR goes after Raikou, Raikou saved by heroboy and friends. Blaaaah...