PDA

View Full Version : High School?

Eternal Daydreamer
2nd January 2006, 9:30 PM
I have this idea for a story. It's about a small town in Johto. But not in general but about it's high school. In this fic, high school is the place where people who don't start on a journey when they are ten end up. They get a Pokemon for future use in classes, battles, protection ect. They get a Pokemon by choosing a type (not Dark, Dragon, or Steel) and picking a random Pokeball out of a bag. Well, I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to continue this idea or not. Input would be apreacted.

whit19
2nd January 2006, 9:41 PM
So it's like a pokemon academy story? It's been done before, but sure I say do it.

Atari
2nd January 2006, 9:42 PM
It sounds like a pretty good idea. I've always wondered what people do when they're not going to go on an adventure. My input is limited, but I think that a few other people might support the idea too. Keep on working with it.

Questions people may ask:
Name of School?
Name and discription of main character.
Friends and Teachers?
Classes available for students?

~I hope this helped~

Eternal Daydreamer
2nd January 2006, 9:51 PM
Well, thank you for the input so far.

Name of School?
Port Johto High School

Name and discription of main character.
Not ready yet. It's in the works still.

Friends and Teachers?
Same with the main character. I just need some time to work on it.

Classes available for students?
Regular classes and some Pokemon related electives such as:
Battling 101
Pokeworld Cultures
Defense 1
Attack 1
Pokemon Drama
Ect.

billy5772
2nd January 2006, 9:54 PM
Eh. It seems like if there were a high school, all parents would want their kids to go there. I mean, if you go to high school, you wait a while, learn a lot, and still get to do the pokemon thing later if you want to. If you just go on a journey, you get thrown out into the world much more ignorant than those kids that went to school, and thus with a disadvantage. It seems like the ten-year-old trainer breed would die off pretty quickly because they just wouldn't be able to compete.

I don't know.

Atari
2nd January 2006, 10:01 PM
Eh. It seems like if there were a high school, all parents would want their kids to go there. I mean, if you go to high school, you wait a while, learn a lot, and still get to do the pokemon thing later if you want to. If you just go on a journey, you get thrown out into the world much more ignorant than those kids that went to school, and thus with a disadvantage. It seems like the ten-year-old trainer breed would die off pretty quickly because they just wouldn't be able to compete.

I don't know.

I actually had in mind of the famous ''Prof.Oak''. He didn't start his journey off at age 10, of course. And, as you know, his top ranking was his pokesmarts. But then, the other trainers who don't go to school, they get the first-hand veiwing of becoming a fuul-throttle trainer. Even if the parents wanted their child to go to school anyway, unless they were really mean or something, they'd let their child do what they wanted. I don't know either. That's my theory.

Eternal Daydreamer
2nd January 2006, 10:02 PM

I don't know.
That makes sense. I think I have an answer, however:

All of the kids go to basic education. (Elementary and Middle school.) Those who want to be trainers after they complete that, do. Those who want other careers such as medical or politics continue.

There isn't a high school in big towns since they usually have gyms there. The gym leaders in those towns would give classes when they aren't battling. If they are old enough, that is. Same goes for towns with professors.

It's not mandatory to go, however or even stay long. Some beginning trainers stay in high school for a couple of months then drop out.

Seiryu
3rd January 2006, 2:16 AM
Judging by what you said earlier, it seems that this school has other classes that would normally be mandatory (English, Science, History, etc.) along with the Pokemon-related classes. Is that correct?

If so, then there's already quite a difference between this and other academy-based fanfics I've seen; all the others seem to only have courses related to Pokemon and cater to those who may want to become trainers but don't necessarily have the time or ability one would normally require for a long journey. But what about those people who may not want to become trainers?

Well, whatever happens, it seems like you've got bit worked out, and I'll try to drop in for a review when it's out.

Eternal Daydreamer
3rd January 2006, 2:29 AM
Judging by what you said earlier, it seems that this school has other classes that would normally be mandatory (English, Science, History, etc.) along with the Pokemon-related classes. Is that correct?

Yes, this is a high school that has Pokemon classes for those who want to take them. However those aren't mandatory.

If so, then there's already quite a difference between this and other academy-based fanfics I've seen; all the others seem to only have courses related to Pokemon and cater to those who may want to become trainers but don't necessarily have the time or ability one would normally require for a long journey. But what about those people who may not want to become trainers?
This school is for those, but if they want to become trainers they can if they wish. It caters to the whim of both (trainers and non-trainers). If they suddenly want to go on a journey, they can if their parents talk with the principle. Then if that is ok, they drop out.

Well, whatever happens, it seems like you've got bit worked out, and I'll try to drop in for a review when it's out.

Thank you. I need a few days to write down my thoughts, however.