PDA

View Full Version : Trainer's Choice Incorrect Answers

Xanderfox
2nd January 2006, 11:43 PM
I've noticed at least twice the "Trianer's Choice" answer has been wrong.

Q: Which Pokemon Evovles into Seviper
Correct A: None, Sevivper doesn't have prevolutions.
A Given: Arbok

Q: Which Pokemon would last longest vs a Psychic attack. Mystrvious, Poochyena, Teddiursa
Correct Answer: Poochyena, Dark Types are immune to Psychic attacks, thier for it would last FOREVER.
A Given: Teddiursa

Any other examples of the "offical" answer being completly wrong?

Capt.Miko
2nd January 2006, 11:48 PM
Q. Which Pokémon would be best to use against Plusle and Minun? (Treecko,Torchic or Mudkip)

Correct A: none of the above

Given A: Mudkip (Must of thought it was part ground-type like its evos)

Alfonso
2nd January 2006, 11:57 PM
Uh. Treecko is resistant to Plusle and Minun's Electric type attacks.

Heracross
3rd January 2006, 12:05 AM
The whole "Trainer's Choice" business was old months ago. Honestly. Even I'm sick of hearing about it, and I hate the dub. :/

Kabuto
3rd January 2006, 12:13 AM
The whole "Trainer's Choice" business was old months ago. Honestly. Even I'm sick of hearing about it, and I hate the dub. :/

Yes, I'm tired of hearing this as well. The sad thing is that 4Kids probably doesn't know a hundredth as much about pokemon as we do.

Gravy
3rd January 2006, 12:23 AM
Its not so much the trainers choice that I'm sick of, nor is it the fact that they were wrong every other epiosde. What annoys me is that people still seem to have some sort of obbsession with the whole Seviper/Arbok fiasco. Whenever you think you've heard the end of it, BAM! Its back in all its loathsome, "4Kids ish dum, yo!" glory.

CoolTrainerTerry
3rd January 2006, 12:31 AM
Definately the Mudkip > Plusle & Minun.
I shout out Treecko, the answer came up as Mudkip, I'm like, NO IT AIN'T!
Same with the whole Teddiursa one being best against Psychic. I guessed Poocheyena, and it said it was wrong.

asia_catdog_blue
3rd January 2006, 12:35 AM
What about the best choice to battle Spoink?

Rezduis
3rd January 2006, 12:46 AM
A Poochyena,Maybe?

intergalactic platypus
3rd January 2006, 12:48 AM
I think what it really shows us is that 4kids knows a pitiful amount about a franchise they've been using as a money wh0re for the past 8 or so years -___-

Medea
3rd January 2006, 1:17 AM
I remember one of the Trainer Choice's asked what was the best choice to battle Kirlia. I don't remember the other pokemon in that category or what episode it came from, but they said Combusken was the best choice to beat Kirlia.

kingboo30
3rd January 2006, 2:20 AM
I remember one of the Trainer Choice's asked what was the best choice to battle Kirlia. I don't remember the other pokemon in that category or what episode it came from, but they said Combusken was the best choice to beat Kirlia.

Fighting is Kirlia's strengths and combusken is fighting so Combusken would be bad anyways. Fire is just normal so I don't know where they got that from.

Rezduis
3rd January 2006, 2:38 AM
It Would Get Creamed(Combusken)

ToonKid
3rd January 2006, 2:40 AM
i guess 4kids noe zip about their star show :D

Rezduis
3rd January 2006, 2:47 AM
Teh 4Kids is Clueless......

ToonKid
3rd January 2006, 3:01 AM
Teh 4Kids is Clueless......
yea true, good thing they just lost the rights to pokemon, tho we still get 21ish more episodes dubbed by them

Missingno. Master
3rd January 2006, 3:06 AM
Ugh.... 4kids is EXACTLY why I stopped watching the dub. Now that they're out of the Pokemon buisness, I may watch it again.

The Big Al
3rd January 2006, 3:40 AM
This is assuming they stop dubbing it. However, on that day I will celebrate.

Arbok -> Seviper was funny at first and making fun of 4Kids was all great when it first happened but its gotten old. Granted it's their worst screw up but they've made others.

I don't see why they can't just use the Japanese eyecatches. They've OMG save money. Though since when has 4Kids giving a Rattata's rear about saving money?

Rezduis
3rd January 2006, 4:37 AM
Only if they stop the saying their own name thing (I am getting rather sick of it by now!)

Gravy
3rd January 2006, 4:43 AM
I don't see why they can't just use the Japanese eyecatches. They've OMG save money. Though since when has 4Kids giving a Rattata's rear about saving money?
Its probably because they're just boring, static images (then again, the same could be said for a lot of actual episodes!). I'm shocked that they even kept any sort of eyecatch in the first place, so I guess we could count our blessings, so to speak.

Magus
3rd January 2006, 4:53 AM
Fighting is Kirlia's strengths and combusken is fighting so Combusken would be bad anyways. Fire is just normal so I don't know where they got that from.
They probably assumed from its appearance that Kirlia was part Grass.

Heracross
3rd January 2006, 4:56 AM
Another theory is that they assumed Wakashamo was effective against the Ralts line after seeing it own Sirnight in the second AG opening.

Lupin
3rd January 2006, 4:28 PM

The Professor Oak thing they do looks a lot more interesting then what we've got.

Geki
3rd January 2006, 5:16 PM
Since 4Kids stopped dubbing, maybe it will be more simular to the original. Also, people won't have to complain about the Seviper evolves into Arbok mess that happened months ago.

Satoshi
3rd January 2006, 6:35 PM
Since 4Kids stopped dubbing, maybe it will be more simular to the original. Also, people won't have to complain about the Seviper evolves into Arbok mess that happened months ago.
Ugh. They DIDN'T stop dubbing, they stopped merchandising. 4kids will still be dubbing Pokemon, wether you like it or not. -_-

And the Trainer Choice thing is so old I'm getting sick of it. "omg @bOk ev0lv3 int0 s3vIp3r!1 4cr2p R t3h sUxz!!!111"

Seriously, STOP your complaining people. =/

The Big Al
3rd January 2006, 7:11 PM
We'll complain if we feel like it. You can't stop us. If you don't want to see complaining, get off the net.

They haven't stopped dubbing. I wish they did but sadly those pinheads have yet to surrender their dubbing contract.

Satoshi
3rd January 2006, 7:25 PM
We'll complain if we feel like it. You can't stop us. If you don't want to see complaining, get off the net.
What I was mostly getting at was the Arbok --> Seviper thing (which is the most cliched trainer choice complaint). The rest, you can complain all you want, since they're well, not old.

They haven't stopped dubbing. I wish they did but sadly those pinheads have yet to surrender their dubbing contract.
This, I will agree with.

Only if they stop the saying their own name thing (I am getting rather sick of it by now!)
4kids has NOTHING to do with Pokemon saying their names all the time. ¬¬ Now, will you stop repeating that crap. Seriously, it's getting annoying, even more than the Arbok evolves into Seviper thing. ¬¬

Rezduis
3rd January 2006, 7:52 PM
But it ruins them.......(A cool looking thing acting like a goofball,no way!)

CyberCubed
3rd January 2006, 7:56 PM

That's how Pokemon talk. The 8-bit cries in the games are part of Nintendo's shoddy production values. Especially in the 3d ones like Colosseum and XD, it's painful to hear those horrible 8-bit cries when Pokemon come out of their Pokeballs.

Rezduis
3rd January 2006, 7:58 PM
Ugh, the things are so silly for doing that......

The Big Al
3rd January 2006, 8:15 PM
That's how Pokemon talk. The 8-bit cries in the games are part of Nintendo's shoddy production values. Especially in the 3d ones like Colosseum and XD, it's painful to hear those horrible 8-bit cries when Pokemon come out of their Pokeballs.
At least they sounded better in stadium. I still love how Grimer sounds like a toilet flushing. Why did they take a step a back for the cube?

Back on topic
It would be nice that if they actually had the common sense God gave lettuce and researched these things so they wouldn't screw up. I know people have tried to justify it but it's just plain stupidity.

Arbok -> Seviper is old. Use something from season 8 to b*tch about it.

Rezduis
3rd January 2006, 8:41 PM
Yes they should stick to animal sounds for some of them,but not all of them (I feel sick everytime i watch Pokemon)

Satoshi
3rd January 2006, 8:44 PM
Yes they should stick to animal sounds for some of them,but not all of them (I feel sick everytime i watch Pokemon)
Than don't watch it anymore. :o

On Topic:

That little "Mudkip is best against Plusle and Minon" thing...they should actually look into the ACTUAL Pokemon, other than it's evolutions, otherwise, that trainer choice would've been accurate.

Yamato-san
4th January 2006, 12:29 PM

If that comment was directed at Grovyle, you should know that Juptor was nowhere near like that in the Japanese version. For that matter, quite a few Pokemon in the Japanese version don't actually say their name, while they do in the dub (Coil, Porygon, Onisuzume). As for the ones that do say their Japanese name, quite a few of them manage to mix it into an animalistic growl (the afforementioned Juptor, Airmudo, the entire Poppo line, etc.), or saying it in some kind of way that fits them (tough-looking Pokemon speak lowly, Satoshi's Cotoise had a high-pitched voice which nicely suited its crybaby personality, etc.). As for Pokemon (the cute ones, anyway) saying their name in the first place... it's just some kind of anime cliche. Cute mascot creatures in Japan have a tendency to speak their own name, usually for the effect of increasing their cuteness (and several of them manage to do so quite successfully, I might add).

xXFallenButterflyXx
6th January 2006, 3:38 AM
There's this one Trainer Choice that went like this:

Ash's Voice: Trainers, which one of these was my original starter that I left Pallet with? (I really can't remember how it went but it was something like that. >_<)
Choices: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
Correct Answer: None
Answer Given: Squirtle

._.U

~;173; Fallen

Satoshi
6th January 2006, 5:41 AM
There's this one Trainer Choice that went like this:

Ash's Voice: Trainers, which one of these was my original starter that I left Pallet with? (I really can't remember how it went but it was something like that. >_<)
Choices: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
Correct Answer: None
Answer Given: Squirtle

._.U

~;173; Fallen
...Actually, that was correct. His first choice was Squirtle, but the Pokeball was empty.

CyberCubed
6th January 2006, 5:45 AM
That was the BEST Trainer's Choice 4kids made, as you actually had to think a bit about it.

That and only people who have watched the very 1st episode would be able to get it right. :D

Ah, Squirtle was a great Pokemon. He better return one day.

Satoshi
6th January 2006, 6:31 AM
I forgot to mention, the exact question was "Trainers, which one of these Pokemon was my original choice as a starter." The way you (Fallen_Angel) put it was "Trainers, which one of these was my original starter that I left Pallet with" ......4kids aint that dumb. >_>

And, agreed CyberCubed. That was one of the best and accurate Trainer's Choice ever.

YoshiAngemon
6th January 2006, 2:24 PM
Well, if Pokemon USA decides to do something else, it might as well be "WHO'S THAT POKEMON?" with the music for the current theme. Or if they redo some Incorrect Trainer's Choice, for the one with Seviper, it might as well have Jesse say "Allright, Twerps! Which one of these Pokémon did I have BEFORE Seviper?" and after "Okay, Twerps. If you chose Arbok, you're correct!"

jd2718635
6th January 2006, 4:16 PM
episode writers know nothing about pokemon types

Satoshi
6th January 2006, 7:14 PM
episode writers know nothing about pokemon types4kids doesn't write the Pokemon epsiodes, they just dub them. &#172;&#172; Trainers choice was a dub added eyecatcher.

Well, if Pokemon USA decides to do something else, it might as well be "WHO'S THAT POKEMON?" with the music for the current theme. Or if they redo some Incorrect Trainer's Choice, for the one with Seviper, it might as well have Jesse say "Allright, Twerps! Which one of these Pok&#233;mon did I have BEFORE Seviper?" and after "Okay, Twerps. If you chose Arbok, you're correct!"
Um....PUSA didn't take over dubbing, they took over merchandising. And Trainer's Choice isn't that bad, it's just some inaccurate ones that makes it look bad. So even if they did start dubbing it, there's no need for it to be taken away.

YoshiAngemon
6th January 2006, 7:40 PM
Maybe it should be removed, just so we'd end up with the Eyecatch of the Original Version kept intact, AND it would have the American Logo, with one of the characters saying "We'll be right back with more Pokemon!"

CyberCubed
6th January 2006, 7:45 PM
Except the eyecatches are boring. Why would you want those instead of Trainer Choices? As long as they're right, they're the best think 4kids ever came up with.

Rufinito18
9th January 2006, 12:32 AM
mmm....I dont remember the seviper> arbok thingy..was that in jotho? cause jotho bored me so much i stopped watching it till ash got larvitar

CyberCubed
9th January 2006, 12:34 AM
Uh...the Trainer's Choices didn't exist until the Advanced Challenge season.

And how in the world can you think the Arbok ---> Seviper thing happened in Johto when Seviper wasn't even created back then!? WTF! Common sense comes in handy you know.

Dogasu
11th January 2006, 6:47 PM
Seriously guys, stop your *****ing. We've got enough complaints about the Trainer's Choices in the actual episode review threads. There's no reason a whole new thread needs to be created just so you guys can whine and complain even more.

You also have to realize that 4Kids employers are very busy and aren't able to spend hundreds of hours playing a Game Boy game like some of you guys can. Honestly.

Since this thread is going nowhere, I'm closing it.