PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Aura Thief

klducks
5th January 2006, 2:32 AM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/ud/aura_thief.jpg
Aura Thief - Urza's Destiny. Rare
3B: Creature - Illusion
Flying
When Aura Thief is put into a graveyard from play, you gain control of all enchantments.
(You don't get to move local enchantments.)
Illusion steals reality from the unwise.
2/2

ok. I guess this could combo with Reduce to Dreams or Cleansing Meditation but even then, this card would require to go to the graveyard from play. If you're running a Sacrifice/Threshold deck, this is the card for you! *eye roll*

The Duck's Rating: 1/5

Shadow Trainer
5th January 2006, 3:44 AM
A decent card, 2/2 body with flying for four mana is'nt that bad and it's ability is great against Enchantress and Enduring Ideal decks. 2/5

klducks
5th January 2006, 5:57 AM
umm... Which enchantress are you talking about? =S

Yamivaya one says "all enchantments in play"

All the rest are when they come into play.

Shadow Trainer
5th January 2006, 7:27 AM
Yeah forget about playing this against Enchantress since it does not really effect them, since they usually use them to draw cards.The only thing I remebered about Enchantress is that it played alot of enchantments.

~RaikouRider243~
5th January 2006, 5:12 PM
I don't know what blue has for flying creatures, but if this is a rarity, I'd play it for the flying. 4 for 2/2 flying seems just a little expensive, and the ability is meh. Control all enchantments, meh. If it let you change the targets for those enchantments, THEN we'd be getting somewhere. Hello all your opponent's power-up enchantments. It won't take equipment because that's an artifact not an enchantment...another downside. Plus it has to be sent to the graveyard to use the ability in the first place.

If I were to play the card, I'd play it for the body. The ability is way too situational. What enchantments are worth taking since you don't take control of the cards they enchant?

2/5