PDA

View Full Version : Queen of the Serpentine! (435)

Serebii
5th January 2006, 1:14 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/435.jpgFierce Fighting at the Battle Pike! VS Pike Queen Lucy!

Finally at Fuschia City & The Battle Pike, Ash is eager to earn his 4th Frontier Symbol. However Team Rocket are training at the Battle Pike and cause a ruckus. Will Ash be able to stop Team Rocket and still have his Battle?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/435.shtml)

Discuss

♥~Darkness Within~♥
5th January 2006, 5:39 PM
Let just hope Ash beats Lucy:), how did team rocket get in there!, probalby a scam

MaskedManAbsolkid
5th January 2006, 6:47 PM
I'm guessing there was a Seviper battle/communication of some sort?

Gravy
5th January 2006, 6:53 PM
If Team Rocket were actually training there as it states in the synopsis, I'm guessing its most likely because Jessie heard Lucy also uses a Seviper and wanted to pick up some battling tips so she could improve. If thats the case, then I'm guessing Lucy taking her Seviper down is pretty much inevitable. I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case.

...hang on...no I wouldn't.

JazzJazz
5th January 2006, 7:27 PM
Jessie heard Lucy also uses a Seviper and wanted to pick up some battling tips so she could improve.

Fingers crossed that Jessie managed to pick up some original strategies/new moves to have her seviper utilise... it doesn't happen very often for Team Rocket.

The Big Al
5th January 2006, 7:57 PM
Please don't let Lucy fall for Brock.
Please...*smacked* thanks, I needed that.

TR is actually training. Could they actually be taking there job seriously. Or are they doing it to be pains in the rear. I fear the latter is true.

V Faction
6th January 2006, 5:06 AM
Please...*smacked* thanks, I needed that.

TR is actually training. Could they actually be taking there job seriously. Or are they doing it to be pains in the rear. I fear the latter is true.
I'm going to go with... C) Because it was convenient for the Writers

These guys are terrible at keeping surprises, or at least for their set-ups. So TR just happens to be training, with Jessie, the member who just happens to have a Seviper, which just happens to be Lucy's signature Pokemon. Again, it's all way too convenient!

I mean, c'mon, trying some NEW?! Hah! Never.

~Flareon~
6th January 2006, 4:17 PM
Finally Ash and his friends finally reach Fuschia City and the Battle Pike, Ash can face off against the Battle Pike Queen Champion, Lucy. This is a double battle, Ash's Pikachu and his Donphan VS Lucy's Seviper and her Milotic. It will be quite easy for Ash win this battle because Lucy's Pokemons are weak against his Pikachu and his Donphan. I hope Ash wins this round and get the 4th Frontier Symbol from Lucy. I have seen the episode pictures today. It is good that Donphan defeats Seviper with a Rollout like a Flamethrower & Pikachu defeats Milotic with a powerful Volt Tackle.

Joe
6th January 2006, 6:22 PM
Oh my god. Could they have made it look any worse? >_>; That's a Battle Circus Tent.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the battle between Seviper and Donphan. Should be cool, unless it gets interrupted by Team Rocket. Which it might.

Poké_Master
6th January 2006, 6:58 PM
It probably will, knowing Team Rocket. Although, Lucy would probably just blast them off with Seviper or Milotic :)

Gravy
6th January 2006, 7:01 PM
Meh....first things first I suppose~

I liked Lucy's personallity. She does have a thing for Brock, but she's not particulary open about it. She blushes whenever he's around or whenever he calls out to her, but she manages to keep cool, calm and collected about it. And personally, I thought her attraction to Brock was really quite sweet :P You have to let out a big 'awwww' when Brock is cheering her on during the battle, to which she promptly starts blushing like a beetroot ^-^

Also, KC will be pleased to know that she does have an assistant. 4 infact. The one with the sky-blue/white hair being particulary lovely looking.

Now for the battles =D

The Donphan vs. Seviper match should have been the focus of this episode. I'm sorry, but I'm not entirely impressed with having to watch Pikachu take down another Milotic again. Granted, the Donphan vs. Seviper battle was enjoyable to watch (Donphan rolling backwards and then propelling itself off the wall with its hind legs was pretty awesome) and it was great to see a Seviper handle itself in battle so well. But it was over way, way, WAAAAY too quickly. Incredibly unimpressive, considering it seems to have been brushed aside in favour of almost half an episode of random, pointless antics and a battle we've essentially seen before. Rubbing salt in the wound by having Donphan instantly KO'd by Milotic doesn't help things either.

Though, Milotic knowing FACADE was a pleasent surprise however, I'll give them that. But apart from that and Pikachu using Milotic's twister to delvier a drilling Volt Tackle, it was boring. And uhh...thats all there is to it. :P

Blaziken master
6th January 2006, 7:08 PM
Facade eh?What did it look like?

Poké_Master
6th January 2006, 7:09 PM
And how much damage did it do to Pikachu?

Gravy
6th January 2006, 7:12 PM
Facade eh?What did it look like?
It was seen in the preview, and many people thought it was Milotic taking the brunt of Pikachu's Volt Tackle. So basically, it gains and electrified orange aura and tackles the opponent.

CyberCubed
6th January 2006, 7:30 PM
I liked Lucy's personallity. She does have a thing for Brock, but she's not particulary open about it. She blushes whenever he's around or whenever he calls out to her, but she manages to keep cool, calm and collected about it. And personally, I thought her attraction to Brock was really quite sweet :P You have to let out a big 'awwww' when Brock is cheering her on during the battle, to which she promptly starts blushing like a beetroot ^-^

Wow, Brock you lucky son of a _______.

Out of all the girls Brock tries to get he has Lucy of all people returning his affection?

If Brock didn't make some attempt to "stay in contact" with her, then he just missed the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Please tell me Brock took her cell phone number or something! The one time Brock has it made...and with someone like Lucy no less! :o

The Big Al
6th January 2006, 7:31 PM
Jessie was imitating Lucy XD of the ep.

Is it just me or was Lucy not in her skull this episode? She just seemed, I don't know. :/

After two weeks of waiting, this was a rather disappointing episode. Lucy rubbed me the wrong way and it just wasn't all it was hyped to be.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
6th January 2006, 7:33 PM
Pretty cool episode. It's a pity Jessie's Seviper was nothing in battle but what can you expect? Jessie in an Azami costume was something I didn't expect at all.

Brock and Azami did get along pretty fine to me. Especially the ending. I want to see the episode with Prof. Ivy and see how she let Brock stay with her. Just by looking at the pics I couldnt tell if the Snorlax, Makuhita and others were actually Pokemon or dolls.

Yay for Scott appearing! I can agree here. The battle was too short they could have stretched it a bit longer. But the way Donphan got knocked out was pretty funny for me. Ah yes we even see a little bit of May and her Eevee in the beginning. It's a good thing it's not a cry baby.

Poké_Master
6th January 2006, 7:33 PM
Serebii has posted the pictures. Looks like a good episode and Gravy was right, the battle between Donphan and Seviper was too short.

rebellee1187
6th January 2006, 7:41 PM
Well, serebii has the pictures up, and it looks like a cool episode. Donphan is as fun as ever, and the two Seviper DID get to square off. Yay!

BTW, what was up with Lucy and the housefull of 'cute' Pokemon at the end?

Poké_Master
6th January 2006, 7:42 PM
I think those were Pokédolls.

Gravy
6th January 2006, 7:52 PM
They were all real pokémon. Why she keeps a Snorlax in her house is beyond me.

If Brock didn't make some attempt to "stay in contact" with her, then he just missed the biggest opportunity of a lifetime. Please tell me Brock took her cell phone number or something! The one time Brock has it made...and with someone like Lucy no less! =O
No, he didn't. Because Lucy didn't really want to let on that she had a huge crush on him, she didn't actually say anything about him for the entire episode. Nor did she say anything to him for the entire episode. Whenever Brock would take her hands, she just seemed to freeze ^^;
And this was one of those rare instances where I wasn't too fond of Masato. Its kind of sad that the one time Brock finds a girl who has strong feelings towards him, Masato just see's it all as the normal routine and drags him away from a potential life partner. Ouch.

Eddieursa
6th January 2006, 8:16 PM
Several points that I have to comment:

+ Jessie disguised as Lucy?. Why I am not surprised for it?.

+ Seviper vs. Seviper, it was so unavoidable, just like the winner: Lucy's one. It has been very pleasant to see finally a correctly trained Seviper and fighting as a champion.

+ It was very predictable the combat: Seviper vs. Donphan (Donphan wins because Ground beats Poison). Milotic vs. Donphan (Milotic wins because Water beats Ground). Milotic vs. Pikachu (Pikachu wins because Electric beats Water). Besides, knowing Pikachu the mighty Volt Tackle, it was impossible that he lost. (And I was sure that he would use it in the battle).

+ Something curious: Do you remember when Donphan is wrapped in flames?. Even afire, he was able to defeat Seviper. Do you think that attack could be a Flame Wheel?. For me, it has the whole look. It would be amazing if Donphan would know that attack, isn't it?. He would have an advantage against Ice and Grass Pokemon.

+ I don't know, but the possibility about a love's story between Lucy and Brock give me the creeps. Did you notice the Pokemon that she has in her home?: Snorlax, Makurita, Abra, Cyndaquill, Skitty and Swinub. And do you know that all have in common?: The same Brock's face!!!.

So, what do you think?.

RaikousThunder
6th January 2006, 8:16 PM
I saw the ep pictures and it looks like a cool episode. Jessie in a Lucy outfit was funny, but not entirely surprising. What move was used in the beginning to make team rocket look all stunned? It looked like it came from her Seviper. It was cool seeing the two Seviper fight each other. I also liked the flower Lucy had that was like Seviper. Shes totally in love with that pokemon huh? It was really cool seeing Seviper use Flamethrower. I had my Seviper learn it in an rpg. The battle against Donphan was cool. I loved the flaming Rollout. Donphans been getting lots of screen time since it evolved which i like since Donny is such a cool pokemon. I would have rather seen Grovyle battle Milotic than Pikachu. Has Grovyle battled a Brain yet? I cant remember. Are they saving his battles until after his upcoming episode(s)? Besides that i really liked the connection between Brock and Lucy. Finally he got a girl to return his affection, even if she didnt show it to him. Brock looked so cute at the end on the boat. I wasnt really fond of the way Lucy looked. Her eyes looked really weird. Shes kind of a creepy looking character, but cool none the less.

TwilightFacade
6th January 2006, 8:39 PM
+ I don't know, but the possibility about a love's story between Lucy and Brock give me the creeps. Did you notice the Pokemon that she has in her home?: Snorlax, Makurita, Abra, Cyndaquill, Skitty and Swinub. And do you know that all have in common?: The same Brock's face!!!.

So, what do you think?.

Good eyes Eddieursa. I didn't even notice that. I guess that is why Lucy likes Brock.
I thought the battle was okay but a little short. However I think it Should have went like this instead, the winners being bolded:
Pikachu vs Milotic
Pikachu vs Seviper
Donphan vs Seviper

Well at least now all of the pokemon in Ash's party have battled a brain.

Pika Hikari KT
6th January 2006, 8:57 PM
Well, as most of us know, Milotic is one tough SOB in the games. Smart that it had Facade, but did Marvel Scale come into play too?

An actual trained Seviper! And it knows FLAMETHROWER~!:D BTW, I love Lucy's whole look...I really hope they give her a nice dub voice.:)

The Benmeister
6th January 2006, 8:59 PM
Grovyle has battled a brain, Greta...and lost...

Interesting episode but, as many have already said, why was Pikachu the main focus of the battle? They could have at least made Seviper take it out and then have Donphan finish it off, would have made for a much better and more unique battle.

Kabuto
6th January 2006, 9:03 PM
WTF!

I feel like vomiting, swallowing my vomit, and then vomiting again once it is digested.

Seriously I've lost all faith in the anime. I'm mad now because how can Lucy blush so much. Those stupid writers made me lose respect they've ruined a good character. Pfft hardly any battle, and Pika takes the win yet again.

Pokemon Fan
6th January 2006, 9:05 PM
It was very predictable the combat: Seviper vs. Donphan (Donphan wins because Ground beats Poison). Milotic vs. Donphan (Milotic wins because Water beats Ground). Milotic vs. Pikachu (Pikachu wins because Electric beats Water). Besides, knowing Pikachu the mighty Volt Tackle, it was impossible that he lost. (And I was sure that he would use it in the battle).
True enough, but I was impressed with the various strategies Azami/Lucy employed to try to counter those weaknesses. And it was certainly well trained, not being beaten even by Donphan's Hyper Beam and taking several hits before going down. Donphan too performed well.

I'd say that the Donphan vs. Seviper battle was the better of the two simply because it was more unique and seemed pretty fast-paced. And Donphan's Rollout-O-Flame was awesome.

Still, I loved the way they had Milotic use Facade and the way it got beaten by Pikachu (much better than the odd eighth gym battle where Pikachu somehow forces Milotic underwater, when I see the episode maybe it will make more sense). Incidentally, Milotic's ability raises its defense if it has a status condition (as it did when Pikachu apparently paralyzes it) while Facade is twice as strong if the Pokemon has a status condition, so Lucy basically can make a poisoned, burned or paralyzed Milotic even stronger than before.

Though Milotic again suffers from having most of its body hidden for most of the battle. It needs some well animated scenes of it on land like Gyarados got in the first movie.

+ Something curious: Do you remember when Donphan is wrapped in flames?. Even afire, he was able to defeat Seviper. Do you think that attack could be a Flame Wheel?. For me, it has the whole look. It would be amazing if Donphan would know that attack, isn't it?. He would have an advantage against Ice and Grass Pokemon.
Well in the games Donphan has a extremely low Special Attack stat so a Fire attack would do it little good. Besides, it learns some Rock attacks for Ice types.

As for the anime this looked to me to simply be another of those wonderful improvised moves. Ash relied on Donphan's high defenses (which in the anime are for special and non special attacks) to enable it to last long enough in the flames to use them against Seviper. Thus we get a Rollout combiend with Flamethrower.

Indeed! It was great and makes me hope they never put Brock with anyone else so fans can always imagine him coming back to Lucy one day. He did actually seem to still be infatuated with her even when they were on the boat leaving. I mean Brock fans have had few viable choices ever since Suzie hooked up with that Ninetales trainer, and now low and behold comes Lucy with her slit-eyed fetish. She's even fairly local.

And was that thing Lucy kept throwing a plastic flower with a Seviper on it or a pinwheel with Seviper on it?

I feel like vomiting, swallowing my vomit, and then vomiting again once it is digested.

Seriously I've lost all faith in the anime. I'm mad now because how can Lucy blush so much. Those stupid writers made me lose respect. Pfft hardly any battle, and Pika takes the win yet again.
So giving a Brain a bit more character than in the games is wrong? I think its fine that they didn't make Lucy some cold, aloof person and nothing more. Everybody has their soft spots and for Lucy its things with Brock-eyes. There's certainly nothing in the game to disprove that. The trouble is fans making their own assumptions about game characters who have very little revealed about them in the games.

And seriously, Pikachu learning Volt Tackle meant it would be used for some major victories. You should be glad that Pikachu has played such a small role in most of the Brain battles.

As for myself I don't know how long the battles were, can't tell from screenshots, but I think its better to have short battles with both Pokemon doing a lot of damage and skillful techniques than long battles that don't. This episode certainly seemed to have the former. A bad battle would have had Seviper get beaten by that Hyper Beam, not surviving it and coming back for more hits.

Personally I see no reason to complain about this episode except to say it deserved better animation (though the animation at least doesn't seem to be the worst available).

Poké_Master
6th January 2006, 9:13 PM
The pictures were awesome! And I wish Lucy would've gone with Brock. It'd be interesting to have her around for a while and then after the Battle Frontier, Brock and Lucy would go off on their own adventure.

Kabuto
6th January 2006, 9:15 PM
I don't know how you people can actually enjoy Lucy's character brutally mutilated like that. Well, I've said all I have to say.

Gravy
6th January 2006, 9:18 PM
I don't know how you people can actually enjoy Lucy's character brutally mutilated like that. Well, I've said all I have to say.
It was hardly 'brutally mutilated', as you so put it. She was still a pretty reserved woman and just seemed to want to get on with things, just like her game counterpart. Its not like she was acting like a total goofball and drooling over Brock every single second.

V Faction
6th January 2006, 9:18 PM
WTF!

Seriously I've lost all faith in the anime. I'm mad now because how can Lucy blush so much. Those stupid writers made me lose respect they've ruined a good character. Pfft hardly any battle, and Pika takes the win yet again.
Christ, at least TRY to be original when complaining.

"I've lost all faith"; "made me lose respect". Guess what? They don't care! And neither do we. So hush up. You're going to watch the next episode anyway, Mister "Non-believer"...

-------------------

Quite an episode. This may be the first time I've actually been more surprised and fond of the situations surrounding the main battle event than the fight itself. ...Nah! But still. I never would have though that they'd make Jessie dress up as Lucy (Jame perhaps). I also wasn't anticipating Seviper vs. Seviper. Cool acts like that aren't common around here. And the Brock/Lucy 'shipping'... way to go Brock-o. His relationships should play out more like that.

The battle was.. erhm... Well, it wasn't worth a two week wait I can tell you that. Such an odd sequence. Yeah, having Pikachu be the hero was unpleasant enough, but Seviper didn't even nab Finisher. Not exactly a sensible placement.

CyberCubed
6th January 2006, 9:26 PM
Indeed! It was great and makes me hope they never put Brock with anyone else so fans can always imagine him coming back to Lucy one day. He did actually seem to still be infatuated with her even when they were on the boat leaving. I mean Brock fans have had few viable choices ever since Suzie hooked up with that Ninetales trainer, and now low and behold comes Lucy with her slit-eyed fetish. She's even fairly local.

Heh, I wonder if a Brock x Lucy ship was named yet. She actually seems like a good choice for him, since we know he's only going to get rejected by almost every other girl he tries to get.

And Lucy being in Kanto IS good for Brock.

JazzJazz
6th January 2006, 9:57 PM
All I can say is that I'm liking donphan a whole Hell of a lot! It's use of seviper's flamethrower to have a "flaming rollout" attack was awesome.

The Big Al
6th January 2006, 10:01 PM
It should have been Donphan vs. Seviper for the win and longer as others have said. Donphan is the new guy on the team and really needed to prove himself. Granted he showed he could kick snake butt but it would have been better if he clinched the win.

Korobooshi Kojiro
6th January 2006, 10:04 PM
I propose Squint Shipping. XD

So, was Eevee or Lucy added to the Opening?

And, btw, did anyone else think the Green haired assistant, was, well a little off looking?

EDIT: Just noticed Dunsparce has squint eyes, yet didn't appear. Thought it funny since alot of people wanna see one appear.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
6th January 2006, 10:08 PM

So, what do you think?.

Wow good eyes. All of them have the same sort of eyes like Brock. I guess that explains why she kept blushing. Yet here we have people angry because she likes Brock. :( It isn't her fault, it was a coincidence Brock had the same sort of eyes she likes.

Kabuto
6th January 2006, 10:18 PM
I'd assume Pikeshipping if you'd actually want to make shipping stories with Lucy >__>. I am glad Lucy likes Brock because he relates to her Pokemon and not some other reason. I suppose I'll tolerate it. And yes, Dunsparce needed to appear. But no point in complaining because the writers don't even remember that Dunsparce exists.

Andyhaunt
6th January 2006, 10:37 PM
Any special rule for this battle like in prevous facilities??

Magical Leaf
6th January 2006, 10:40 PM
So basically, they turned Azami into Sakaki? (Azumanga Daioh) The tough, cool-headed girl with the secret cute lovey side? Thats.....kinda cool

I haven't watched the episode yet, or even seen the pictures, but it sounds like a decent enough episode.

V Faction
6th January 2006, 10:43 PM
Any special rule for this battle like in prevous facilities??
No, and that's a good point to bring up. Being preoccupied with the whole Pikeshipping, I did not realize that we weren't treated to the traditional Pike Walk-Through like in the game.

Reason for such a passive reaction has to do with how they've treated past BF Facilities. So even the Pike was not safe from being turned into another generic gymansium battle.

Crystal Clair
6th January 2006, 11:04 PM
Now that was a good episode! I tell ya, I hated Azami until I saw the preview to this episode. She nearly had me biting off my tongue and it didn't help with those hawt-as-heck girls that seemed to worship her *whistles*
My thoughts
Aw! Azami has a crushie on Takeshi! *_* despite I ship Brock and Suzie strictly, I'd say what the heck and just try it. Plus, who says Brock cant be in a relationship with two girls! ^_~
First time I was truly mad at Max. I wanted to rip his head off when he pulled Brock away from Azami. Doesn't he see AZAMI BLUSHING?! Or is love too dense for a kid like him to understand.
Hearing the 8th season song during the Pokemon immediately was followed by a "What the hell?!" Seriously, I wish 4kids would play more of their openings during gym or big battles like the Orange island episode Charizard Chills.
I'm dumb. I did not see Jessie dressed as Azami coming AT ALL.
May's Eevee is cute
Well that wraps it up fer mee! Cya around!
ps: gotta take some screenshots, fyi I get them 4x the size of the ones on Serebii but that's cuz I capture them myself
heheheheh

ghost master
6th January 2006, 11:17 PM
I really enjoyed this episode. Only a few downsides though. The battle part wasnt exactly interesting especially with Pikachu using the same moves over and over and Donphan using the same move over and over. Also although the other facilities havent had a noticeable feature that makes them stand out from the other ones at least there was one. The Factory you could choose what pokemon you wanted to face and the battle dome was stadium style with an audience and it was a double battle something that dont happen in kanto. The last thing I didnt like was that Max pulled Brock's ear when he was almost going to stay with Lucy. I hope that the writers do something more with LucyxBrock stuff.
I liked that Seviper style flower that lucy had. I was also happy that the writers at least tried to do everything that people wanted. Although they should've just had a 2 parter instead of cramming everything in. I also name lucyXBrock shipping as Lucky shipping.

heavybassx
6th January 2006, 11:28 PM
This is the one time I want to strangle Max!!! >:(!!!

Blaziken master
6th January 2006, 11:33 PM
I propose Squint Shipping. XD

So, was Eevee or Lucy added to the Opening?

And, btw, did anyone else think the Green haired assistant, was, well a little off looking?

EDIT: Just noticed Dunsparce has squint eyes, yet didn't appear. Thought it funny since alot of people wanna see one appear.

Eevee appears in the part at the start, but not when May runs past her rivals.Lucy hasn't appeared in the intro yet, but she will come soon.

The episode itself was pretty good, Lucy was drawn well{Soo hot!}, Nice to see a kickass seviper in action,donphan kicked butt and some pretty good music{I heard a lyricless LOVELY from destiny deoxys in there}

S.Suikun
6th January 2006, 11:47 PM
I know this is way too much to ask of the writers, but giving Lucy a second episode now has some huge potential. After the Battle Dome, this match had one hell of a lot to live up to, which is why it may have disappointed. The only thing that really bugged me was Milotic, who we've seen enough of. You know what would have been really interesting? A fight against an uber Shuckle dependant on its extreme defense (When was thelast time we saw Shuckle, anyways? Much less one battle?). Meh, at least we finally got a real Seviper battle.

PDL
6th January 2006, 11:49 PM
I guess the whole Lucy getting a crush on Brock was kinda cute...

I was more impressed with Donphan's flaming rollout though...

Sushi
6th January 2006, 11:53 PM
That Brock/Lucy shipping has another supporter. It was the greatest part of this episode.
I cracked up as "Yume miru Lovely Boy" started playing when Lucy blushed over Brock for the second time.

Well, anyway. The whole Team Rocket scene was interesting attempt, but in my opinion it was obvious that the people producing this ep were in a hurry. Jessie in Lucy disguise looked funny, but that's it. This whole "We have to confiscate this Pikachu to recharge it" excuse was so damn lame, especially since the cage they put it in looked exactly like all the other TR traps Pikachu had been caught in in the past.

It makes me sad to see how inconsistent they make Ash's character (in "Do I hear a Ralts?", he dexes Meowth-in-disguise to blow his cover, yet in almost even more obvious cases like this one, he's a blockhead and doesn't notice anything?). Stop it, writers. You make Sushi cry.

*sigh* Ahem, but anyway. Lucy is cool. She did look pretty actually, only several shots where she directly faced the camera showed that the animators had some trouble with her eyes.
...Though I really wish Izumi Shimura's artworks would come back to standards ŕ la "Holy Matrimony!" way back in Kanto. She had a great art-style back then :/ Meh. I guess those people have a lot of pressure with this 'new-episode-every-week' thing. [/random]
Lucy had a really good voice too may I add. And I loved that little Seviper-'windmill' she had. Her strategy of using only offensive attacks without any defense was pretty impressive, too.

And Ibara, her blond assistant, was really funny. It was hilarious when she slapped her forehead and threw a fit about Ash's dimwitted-ness. She had a cool voice, too.

Almost forgot to comment on the battles <.< Well, Donphan vs. Seviper was good, it had much better music than Milotic vs. Pikachu in my opinion (Symphonic Medley was an odd choice for battle music...Though I shouldn't complain, since for one thing, Battle Frontier wasn't played and SM isn't used that often). Nothing's better than the Regi music =D

Lucy deserved another episode, but so did Greta and Tucker. Lucy/Brock and the squinty-eyed thing was the only well thought-out and original thing about this episode, but the battles weren't that bad either. And I wasn't expecting this ep to top the Battle Dome anyway.

Alfonso
7th January 2006, 12:18 AM
You know, I hate Brock x Lucy simply on the principal that it's one of those pairings that has hints in one episode, but will never amount to anything. Lucy probably won't appear again, let's face it. But it'll probably be fawned over here like it's the greatest thing ever to hit Pokemon, and another pairing for certain shippers to use to use to keep a character away from a few certain characters. (Tracey dumped with Daisy, May dumped with Shuu, Brock dumped with Lucy, etc. etc.) That may sound a little mean, but after not being paid for the 4th week in a row, I really couldn't care about being rational.

Speaking of which, can we all decide on a name for it, instead of all these random names that seem to be popping up? And no, 'oddrockshipping' is not a choice. Something decent please.

I was going to suggest Phallicshipping, but whatever. (Lucy = Loves phallic Pokemon, Brock = had an Onix, and other 'rock hard' Pokemon.)

Okay, since I'm in a ratty mood, I'll moan a little.

I'm getting pretty sick of Pikachu's Volt Tackle, for one. At first it was cool, but everytime I read a summery of an episode, I read the words '...and Pikachu blasted them off/defeated _____ with a Volt Tackle'. Sure, it's better than the same old Iron Tail/Thunderbolt, but it's in like... EVERY EPISODE. Should be a finisher, in my opinion. Or something with actual negative results: Pikachu actually being hurt after using it.

Jessie as Lucy = predictable. James as Lucy would have been better imo.

Bleh.

*snugges in corner waiting for the Harley episode* :<

MugenKeiji
7th January 2006, 12:21 AM
My God, I never thought I'd see the day...

It's Beauty and the Breeder!

SuperSonic
7th January 2006, 1:01 AM
How about Luckshipping?

Anyway I thought the Donphan battle isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Donphan was pretty cool and we should just be happy he was used in the battle rather than complaining about how much time he got or the order he was used. This is the first frontier battle to have Pikachu and everyones complaining because it was against Milotic? Before the preview came out everyone was going to flip a lid if Lucy didn't have Seviper, her signature pokemon, and another of her game pokemon. Yet she had both! And we just complain about something else. IMO, not having the game pokemon is much worse than a battle that didn't live up to everyone's superior standards. It's so easy to say the writers are stupid, on drugs, and insane. But maybe we're all the ones that are crazy and cant appreciate the episodes.

Rant complete.

ŁańkaŃ
7th January 2006, 1:13 AM
Now...with Lucy and her blushing...it makes me think that Brock may not a be a flirt guy anymore...a CHARACTER CHANGE for LOVE...

is that possible? lol

hmmm...well besides that...so many girls..in the ep, and they were all drawn well..lol...(lol...i mean good looking)...but Lucy looks perfect...she comes close to Flannery...only negative thing in her is...that her face ain't that attractive...lol

anyway..the battle was good..., Seviper vs Seviper i expected more out of it...lol

and i guess i'd give this ep 8.7/10 :D

Gravy
7th January 2006, 1:16 AM
Anyway I thought the Donphan battle isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Donphan was pretty cool and we should just be happy he was used in the battle rather than complaining about how much time he got or the order he was used. This is the first frontier battle to have Pikachu and everyones complaining because it was against Milotic? Before the preview came out everyone was going to flip a lid if Lucy didn't have Seviper, her signature pokemon, and another of her game pokemon. Yet she had both! And we just complain about something else. IMO, not having the game pokemon is much worse than a battle that didn't live up to everyone's superior standards. It's so easy to say the writers are stupid, on drugs, and insane. But maybe we're all the ones that are crazy and cant appreciate the episodes.

Rant complete.
The thing is though, for pretty much the entire first half of the episode, almost anything remotely linking to Lucy had something to do with Seviper. The outfit, the pinwheel, the 'tube' itself. Don't you think its rather awkward to then have a Milotic take center stage instead of the signature pok&#233;mon that has just been shoved in our faces for at least ten minutes? Especially since, as I already stated, we've seen a Pikachu vs. Milotic match-up before. There was pretty much zero originallity in the fight, bar the single use of Facade and Ash's creative Volt Tackle strategy.
Thats why the episode SHOULD have focused on Donphan and Seviper. Because its something we haven't seen before. And thats why people are complaining. I don't see how finding something unoriginal and boring substituting for something that had some real potential isn't a justified reason to be dissapointed.

People appreciate the episodes when they're actually any good. Which is why everyone enjoyed the Tucker and Greta facillities. When they suck, people complain. And this one sucked, because the fact of the matter is, it was rushed.

Flamez
7th January 2006, 1:52 AM
Definelty have to agree with Gravy this episode was rushed, It should've been a two parter. The battle should've started with pikachu vs. Milotic first, which should've ended in a draw and then an all out battle with seviper and donphan with donphan taking the glory. And as we were discussing in the speculation thread of this episode, pikachu still has quick attack so V Faction was right. But no Earthquake from Donphan, i was really disappoint to see takedown, and rollout consecutively, and one hyper beam attack. Seviper only used poison tail and Flamethower, the battle was just to rushed.

Pikachu vs. Milotic was handled fine it was nice the way ash used volt tackle with twister.

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~
7th January 2006, 1:57 AM
just saw the pictures.
man. >_<. if they gave the personality from the manga/game ash and co. would be running for their lives, not seeing some obvious fake Lucy blushing and stuff. that battle was: okay. at least the anime has room for more strategy. i liked the volt-tackle twister with pikachu. didn't he do thunderbolt twister during Juan's battle? i wish the anime pokemon had potential like their game counterparts. oh well. WHY did max pull brock away? maybe he's afraid that lucy will kick them out for flirting... ah, well, we can't have frontier brains falling in love. i think that lucy was just flattered, that's all. remember that episode where some girl fell in love with Brock?

anyway, sorry for my flaming, but that's just how i feel.

Luckshipping sounds good.

SuperSonic
7th January 2006, 2:21 AM
Gravy, I can appreciate the problem you had with the non originality of Pikachu vs. Milotic. But just because we've seen it before doesn't mean it shouldn't happen again. Milotic is a pokemon that Lucy has in the games. It is a completely viable pokemon for her to choose. It is water type with an extremely high special defense. As far as I see, Pikachu and its new volt tackle was Ash's best bet against it. This is a frontier brain he should be doing the best he can, and to him that was Pikachu. Seviper was her lead pokemon and Donphan just did great against it. Also, we can agree that Ash's strategy with volt tackle and Milotics use of facade were entertaining strategies.

One more thing, IIRC people had big problems with the Tucker episodes. As for the Greta ep, people were a little more mild about it.

Geodude
7th January 2006, 2:33 AM
As far as a ship name is concerned, ships are usually named after the most obvious or prominent thing having to do with the two characters. So since they met in Lucy's Battle Tube/Pike, I suggest naming it both TubeShipping and PikeShipping. The names could be used interchangably.

STJ
7th January 2006, 2:54 AM
You know, I hate Brock x Lucy simply on the principal that it's one of those pairings that has hints in one episode, but will never amount to anything. Lucy probably won't appear again, let's face it. But it'll probably be fawned over here like it's the greatest thing ever to hit Pokemon, and another pairing for certain shippers to use to use to keep a character away from a few certain characters. (Tracey dumped with Daisy, May dumped with Shuu, Brock dumped with Lucy, etc. etc.) That may sound a little mean, but after not being paid for the 4th week in a row, I really couldn't care about being rational.

I'm glad that someone feels the same was as I do :D (ok, I don't hate the ship, but I don't support it either)

Don't me wrong, I can see that Lucy blushed (at least with the pictures anyway, I have yet to see the episode) , But, I just don't see it going any further than that..

Alfonso
7th January 2006, 3:19 AM
As far as a ship name is concerned, ships are usually named after the most obvious or prominent thing having to do with the two characters. So since they met in Lucy's Battle Tube/Pike, I suggest naming it both TubeShipping and PikeShipping. The names could be used interchangably.

I suggested that that perhaps should be saved for Ash x Lucy, since it's something the two share in common, (They battle in the pike. Brock is there too, but he's just... watching.) and to be honest, is rather vague. Something to do with Brock and Lucy's actual common interests or Lucy's 'crush' on Brock would be ideal: See the thread in the Shippers Forum for thoughts of this matter.

Giving it two names... normally, I wouldn't really be bothered, but the shipping name situation is rather strained at the moment: There's a huge outcry for original names as more and more names are being taken up. Best to stick to one imo.

Poké_Master
7th January 2006, 3:23 AM
I really couldn't care less how long the battles are. All I want is to see the episode.

Geodude
7th January 2006, 3:34 AM
Yes, Alfonso, but there is sort of another precedent set even with the name PokeShipping. It was named such because (at least at the time) it was the most obvious/prominent ship in Pokemon, despite the semi-vagueness of the name as relating particularly to Ash and Misty's relationship. The same reasoning is used with many other ship names. And since the most obvious ship in the Battle Pike/Tube is Brock/Lucy, I still say it should be called PikeShipping/TubeShipping.

Alfonso
7th January 2006, 3:35 AM
Yes, Alfonso, but there is sort of another precedent set even with the name PokeShipping. It was named such because (at least at the time) it was the most obvious ship in Pokemon. The same reasoning is used with many other ship names. And since the most obvious ship in the Battle Pike/Tube is Brock/Lucy, I still say it should be called PikeShipping/TubeShipping.

Indeed.

However, in hindsight, I'm sure a few people could say that Pokeshipping was a bad choice of name considering it's utter vagueness, and may I say, unoriginality.

PDL
7th January 2006, 3:39 AM
am I the only one who would think it would be cool if Ash decided to teach Donphan Facade?

it'd be good to move on from Pikachu's Volt Tackle and go through teaching a pokemon another new attack...

Heracross
7th January 2006, 6:58 AM
Interesting episode. Although not quite up to her game counterpart, I thought they handled Azami well enough. They even gave her some cute, and rather useless lackeys too. Particularly the blue haired one. Though they've got nothing on Erika's gym employees if I do say so. ;0

...Moving right along - I rather liked how Azami was secretly crushing on Takeshi but trying to hide it and keep her cool. Not to say I'm in support of this new ship, but the way it was done was original and quite a welcome change from the usual routine as far as I'm concerned. And it gave Azami a bit of extra character development as well.

As for the battle, I pretty much agree with everyone else. Habunake vs Donphan should have been saved for last, as it had much more potential than the second half of the battle. Mirokarosu vs Pikachu was too long, to predictable, and too already done in AG 112. :/

The Rocket-dan were meh... certainly not as much action as I had expected from Musashi. Habunake vs Habunake was really short and not very remarkable in any way.

Enishida made me lol when he just randomly walked around from the side of the Pokémon center. Like he had been hiding in those bushes or something. If ever there was a doubt that he's stalking Satoshi-tachi, 'tis no longer.

With all the hate "Lovely Boy" received last year, I'm rather surprised nobody mentioned that the lyric-less version was used. As always, I enjoyed the old school instrumentals they threw in there - especially the one at the very end. The last scene instantly reminded me of episode 19, which also leaves off with the crew sailing on a ship by the sunset.

The Big Al
7th January 2006, 11:36 AM
Watch 4Kids replace the music with their crap. ><

Here's hoping they don't renew their contract.

Gravy
7th January 2006, 4:17 PM
Gravy, I can appreciate the problem you had with the non originality of Pikachu vs. Milotic. But just because we've seen it before doesn't mean it shouldn't happen again.
I disagree. Its just not good writing to feed us essentially the exact same battle in favour of overlooking any chance of providing some sort of originallity in the show. Its just not entertaining in the slightest.
Infact, why even have Milotic vs. Pikachu in there at all. This episode would have benefitted a whole lot more if it had been a one on one scuffle against Seviper and Donphan. We'd see two pok&#233;mon who are long overdue for some decent battle screentime kicking butt with no interuptions. I personally think that would have been a much better set-up to give us a decent first look at Donphan's prowess, amongst other things.

Milotic is a pokemon that Lucy has in the games. It is a completely viable pokemon for her to choose.
I agree with that, but in no way should it have been treated as her strongest pok&#233;mon. A significant threat perhaps, but definatly not her strongest.

It is water type with an extremely high special defense. As far as I see, Pikachu and its new volt tackle was Ash's best bet against it. This is a frontier brain he should be doing the best he can, and to him that was Pikachu. Seviper was her lead pokemon and Donphan just did great against it. Also, we can agree that Ash's strategy with volt tackle and Milotics use of facade were entertaining strategies.
Well, if their intention was to show of Pikachu's Volt Tackle so much, they should have just left it for another Battle Facillity as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather see more of a pok&#233;mon thats more than likely just going to be dumped off anyway as opposed to one thats going to be in the show until it comes to an end.
Though, I do agree that facade and Volt Tackle where pretty neat, the bad outweighs the good imo :P

am I the only one who would think it would be cool if Ash decided to teach Donphan Facade?
No...you're not.

Edit: Oh, and Heracross, I personally liked the lyricless version of Lovely Boy :P

Yamato-san
7th January 2006, 4:35 PM
Sure, it's better than the same old Iron Tail/Thunderbolt, but it's in like... EVERY EPISODE. Should be a finisher, in my opinion. Or something with actual negative results: Pikachu actually being hurt after using it.

Actually, I think it was actually brought up in this episode. Inishida was impressed that Pikachu's capable of using Volt Tackle, and he makes mention of the recoil damage it receives.

Anyway, I know I'm probably gonna get a lot of "Takeshi leaving for a girl? Now where have we seen that before?"s, but... this seems as good as opportunity as any. I'm sure several of us can agree, the guy really should go by the time the Diamond/Pearl saga starts, and is it any coincidence that they're having a very popular Frontier Brain be the one girl who so happens to be falling for him (which, BTW, may leave hope for all the Azami fanboys that she'll appear again)?

Other than that, nothing I can say that hasn't been said before already... Seviper should've taken out Pikachu and then go on to fight Donphan as the main focus. The fact that Azami's signature Pokemon (who's a snake, a type of creature I really like) could take out nothing but Rocket Dan, and that even a well-trained Habunake gets the shaft, makes me weep T_T. Come on, how friggin hard could that have been? Reverse the order of the matches, have Habunake pwn Pikachu by slamming a Poison Tail when it's tired from battling Mirokarosu as opposed to Mirokarosu taking out Donphan. As Gravy mentioned, it certainly would've fitted the showcasing we got for the first ten minutes much better (I guess this isn't the first time that's happened... Senri's Yarukimono, Nagi's Airmudo that didn't even battle, Tsutsuji's Ishitsubute, and even though it battled last, Matsuba's Gengar seemed to do a helluva lot less than his Ghost).

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention.... someone already brought up Eievui being added to the opening in that forest scene. Oddly enough, Donphan still hasn't been inserted into there.

TeddiUrsa
7th January 2006, 6:30 PM
mh,..what should I say?

This episode seems medicore for a gym battle-like/BF battle episode.

The battle was rushed and some movements looked very odd with the animation,like seviper jumping away from donphan&#180;s attack in one scene.

Pikachu against milotic was predictable and I think I like the milotic battle against Adan more. Pikachu winning because of this damn volt tackle..boooring. It&#180;s the same with charizard and seismic toss, I hope it will stop sooner or later.

Btw, shouldn&#180;t pikachu be pushed away by milotic&#180;s [edit]twister (thanks Kthleen ) instead of getting nearer to it before its final attack? It wasn&#180;t in volt tackle mode at that time.
Facade was I suprise

The brock substory was nice and brock got finally more screentime ^^ and that without bonsly. I liked how Lucy had a crush on brock because of his eyes. Slitshipping? maybe... *cough* The writers hate brock..giving him a crying little wannabe bonsai who needs a bottle and giving him an ear pulling nemisis like max ( who I like in almost every episode...his behaviour was just unneceassary this time).

No running evee in the intro with may&#180;s other pokemon but having it sitting in the forest scene is okay for me. I think donphan was too big to fit into the forest scene...

I think avoiding any spoilers for a episode and stop watching the episodes before the preview ,something I do since the Dragonir&#180;s Lake episode, makes me like even medicore episodes a bit more. I don&#180;t know why.

Kthleen
7th January 2006, 6:42 PM
With all the hate "Lovely Boy" received last year, I'm rather surprised nobody mentioned that the lyric-less version was used.Well, I just got around to watching the episode, when I heard this silly music that I wasn't really liking. Then I recognized it. (The beginning, before the xylophone was added, was actually rather nice, but after that, ugh.)
Not too fond of "PSM," either.

Eh, everyone's said everything already: perhaps should have been two episodes; what the hell was Satoshi thinking; poor Takeshi/*kicks Masato*. I'm glad Azami didn't turn out as creepy as I made her out to be, and it was kind of funny to see Takeshi cheering for her during the battle.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention.... someone already brought up Eievui being added to the opening in that forest scene. Oddly enough, Donphan still hasn't been inserted into there.I wonder if that's because Gomazou wasn't in the scene, so they had no ability to replace it with Donphan and thus no real reason to insert it there. (Usohachi isn't there, either.) They needed to put Eievui somewhere, and just decided that that was the best place. Though why they didn't put it further down, I don't know. Maybe it was conversing with Pikachu before Pikachu fell asleep?

Btw, shouldn&#180;t pikachu be pushed away by milotic&#180;s twister/whirpool ( don&#180;t know what it was ^^; ) instead of getting nearer to it before its final attack?Tatsumaki is Twister. And yes, it should have, but you know how things work in Pok&#233;mon....

wobbanut
7th January 2006, 7:54 PM
Wow, for once Brock gets a girl that likes him back. That gives me more than enough reason to watch this episode. :D

JazzJazz
7th January 2006, 9:50 PM
Watch 4Kids replace the music with their crap. ><

Here's hoping they don't renew their contract.

Perhaps Nintendo will start doing it in-house when they start dubbing episodes.

Alfonso
7th January 2006, 11:47 PM
Uh.

4Kids will more than likely, if not certainly continue to dub the episodes for Pokemon. Sure, some of the money they get from the merchandising rights are gone, but it's still a damn popular show of theirs. Nintendo is not about to start dubbing Pokemon themselves: It's just too much hassle.

babowonsuni
8th January 2006, 12:25 AM
i just saw the episode, and barely caught the snippets of the conversations with my broken japanese...

i thought the whole lucy and brock thing was cute, even if he is a dog and chases anything with a skirt...

i normally watch the gym battle episodes only, and i enjoyed this one. i would have thought that ash would have called back donphan atleast, but it was a lil shameful it got defeatd so easily. i will never understand how pikachu is sometimes played down, even though he has been with ash for 8-9 seasons.

i agree, the whole team rocket and tent thing was a lil amusing, but crappy.

Poké_Master
8th January 2006, 5:11 AM
Perhaps Nintendo will start doing it in-house when they start dubbing episodes.
Nintendo won't be doing the episodes; Pokémon USA Inc. will.

Heracross
8th January 2006, 8:57 AM
Neither of them will because the only change was in the merchandising rights. 4Kids will continue to ruin the soundtrack for years to come.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
8th January 2006, 3:03 PM
what is the Takeshi x Azami ship called?

yeah after watching japanese anime I tend to use their japanese names until I watch an english ep >.>

Donfan v Milokaross should have been at the end, it had alot of pottensiol.

my rating:
8/10

AcethePuma
8th January 2006, 4:37 PM
well i just saw the ep pics right now an i´d have one question... i mean may already has a squirtle, but why does eevee look at the sea????(vaporeon???)

well as many others menioned a "longer" fight between s and d would have been more interesting, but well a quite nice ep...

TeddiUrsa
8th January 2006, 5:32 PM
well i just saw the ep pics right now an i´d have one question... i mean may already has a squirtle, but why does eevee look at the sea????(vaporeon???)

well as many others menioned a "longer" fight between s and d would have been more interesting, but well a quite nice ep...

Eevee looking at the sea means nothing for its evolution. May was talking about eevee partaking in an upcoming pokemon contest or something like that and she said how cute her new eevee is. Well, something like that I guess, I don´t speak japanese.

Strange assumption..by your logic you could say pikachu looking at an outlet would hint an evolution...

JazzJazz
8th January 2006, 7:57 PM
Eevee looking at the sea means nothing for its evolution. May was talking about eevee partaking in an upcoming pokemon contest or something like that and she said how cute her new eevee is.

True, the sea didn't represent a longing for eevee to evolve into vaporeon... it was simply gazing off into the horizon, to the future.

Rozalin
9th January 2006, 3:31 AM
I actually liked the epsiode. X3

Azami. I am a big fan of her... she looks so hawt. XD. She has a good voice in there too. The battle itself seem pretty intresting as well. I really hope Azami can appear in other eps as well. (Or cameos at least) Overall, it was good, but not THAT good. It seemed pretty short...

Yamato-san
9th January 2006, 7:47 AM
Eevee looking at the sea means nothing for its evolution. May was talking about eevee partaking in an upcoming pokemon contest or something like that and she said how cute her new eevee is. Well, something like that I guess, I don´t speak japanese.

I don't remember exactly how the line went, but she said "Some day, you'll be in contests with me."

Jo-Jo
9th January 2006, 10:16 AM
I wonder if May will use Eevee in her next-next contest? The Drew-Wakana one, not the Harley one. Although she might use Munchlax instead to make up for it losing to Harley.

Addydo
9th January 2006, 9:12 PM
What attack was that that hit TR, which blasted them sky high!? :confused:

jolteonjak
9th January 2006, 9:27 PM
From Seviper? Wasn't it Flamethrower?

Addydo
9th January 2006, 9:29 PM
From Seviper? Wasn't it Flamethrower?

Thanks! :)

jolteonjak
9th January 2006, 9:31 PM
EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention.... someone already brought up Eievui being added to the opening in that forest scene. Oddly enough, Donphan still hasn't been inserted into there.

Hmm..I'll have to watch it again. I didn't see Eevee at all, and I was wondering about it...or I could just wait and see this week's with Lucy revealed...

I kinda liked this episode. It was great to see Donphan in a battle. Honestly I liked the Pikachu v Milotic battle...especially the part where Pikachu was getting the crap pounded out of it (like how Torkoal mopped the floor with it in Lavaridge). But seeing as how this was its first brain battle, I'm glad it won. I'm getting sick of Team Rocket showing up for dumb things on Gym/Brain/Contest (unless Jesse is a participant) battles. Please go off somewhere, and give that time to a better battle (Donphan v. Seviper could have been longer).

Watched the opening again. Its pretty obscure up there with Pikachu. It doesn't even move. I agree though, add Donphan somehow.

Riva
10th January 2006, 5:15 PM
Me and my friend Crystal Clair discussed this days before. We thought maybe if she'd gone with Ash she'd have taken her Abra, Milotic and Skitty.

What was the name of that girl in that white jacket?

Kthleen
10th January 2006, 7:49 PM
What was the name of that girl in that white jacket?Ibara.
gilgffxd5

The Doctor
15th January 2006, 8:36 PM
They've spoiled Azumi! First they make Lucy fall for Brock, then they give her a Skitty! I'm hoping the writers haven't done another misstep, they don't need it (Seviper with Flamethrower was pretty cool, admittely; did I spell that right?)

CyberCubed
15th January 2006, 8:49 PM
The only reason Lucy had a Skitty was because she likes all the "slit-eyes" Pokemon.

Gravy
15th January 2006, 8:53 PM
I still don't understand how giving her a crush on Brock spoilt her character either. Apart from that, she was just like her game counterpart, so wtf?

TeddiUrsa
15th January 2006, 9:46 PM
I guess people wanted a cold hearted, evil looking snake lady who does next to nothing besides challenging Ash.
I like her crush on Brock because it gives us a bi of variety of her character. Not a simple Game-copy.

Riva
16th January 2006, 8:53 PM
Maybe she was nasty before and Brock just reached a more tender part of her?

PDL
17th January 2006, 3:42 AM
The only reason Lucy had a Skitty was because she likes all the "slit-eyes" Pokemon.

aw man, I just noticed that! XD

Akane
17th January 2006, 5:29 AM
This epsiode was really good. I like when Lucy had a crush on Brock. XD Brock had his chance...but Max..grr. He had to mess it up. XD Oh well. Also when Ash was battling with her, it was totally awesome! He made Pikachu use this attack( I don't know what it is) to beat Milotic. Totally cool. And when Lucy went home, she had totally cool Pokemon greeting her. Cute. =3 I was also shocked when Seviper used Flamethrower. I was like...What? Oh wow...XD

I will give it 10/10

Aldrius
17th January 2006, 8:19 PM
You know what I just noticed? Instead of giving the second battle to Bayleaf, or a pokemon we haven't seen in a while... they give it to Pikachu again. Not exactly an astute observation, but still. Couldn't they atleast have given someone else a shot? I mean, I'd take Tauros over that silly yellow guy. I don't even like Tauros!

Eh, anyway. Sounds like a neat enough episode, I kinda like Donphan so that's cool. =D (It is after all, about what I like. :P)

-Aldrius ;230;

jolteonjak
17th January 2006, 9:38 PM
What are you talking about? This is Pikachu's first Brain battle. I, for one, was glad it was used because it finally got Volt Tackle down.

Aldrius
17th January 2006, 9:44 PM
It could have gotten his Volt Tackle down in a normal fight -.-;. It's not like it's not in every single darn episode of the series.

BUT! I'm sure this is a discussion that's happened alot. So I drop my point.

pikachu146
29th January 2006, 3:53 PM
It was cool to see Seiviper use flamethower.It can learn it in game indeed.Seeing pikachu use volt tackle is great.

Sceptile Warrior
29th January 2006, 7:07 PM
Aldrius will you stop complaining you are so retarded that you did not know that Ash is using completely different pokemon in each battle facility. So stop complaining he is eventually going to use another Oak pokemon.

V Faction
29th January 2006, 8:04 PM
Aldrius will you stop complaining you are so retarded that you did not know that Ash is using completely different pokemon in each battle facility. So stop complaining he is eventually going to use another Oak pokemon.
Enough. No more talking.

WaterDragon trainer
21st October 2006, 3:26 PM
Just saw this in the US. This episode was awesome. It was funny to see someone else pull Brock's ear instead of Max. Barbara was really annoying. Ash's battle was awesome, especially Milotic and Donphan. It was awesome to see Facade. It was nice to see a girl that actually likes Brock back.

Korobooshi Kojiro
21st October 2006, 3:27 PM
Oh...I always thought it was pronounced "Fa-caid", not "Fa-cod"

I was going WTF for a while.

Judai Yuki
21st October 2006, 3:30 PM
I did too, anyway why did Ash's voice sound screwed up on the boat? :/

-Judai

Luxuria
21st October 2006, 3:34 PM
I only saw the ending...I hate how Lucy liked Brock back. That just annoyed me. It's always funnier to see Brock flirting and failing.

Judai Yuki
21st October 2006, 3:35 PM
It's not like he actually got her though. So no problem.

-Judai

TheBuddyBud
21st October 2006, 4:05 PM
its nice to see a girl liking brock back

Mandi.
21st October 2006, 4:07 PM
I thought it was cute how Lucy liked Brock back. ^-^ I mean, a girl actually liking Brock back. Too bad Max had to ruin the moment. Lucy blushing was so cute too.

This episode was great. Those crazy girls yelling to call Lucy "QUEEN Lucy". Damn..xD I really enjoyed the battle between Ash and Lucy. I loved when Pikachu went into the twister and spinned around. =]

Riva
21st October 2006, 4:11 PM
Lucy's sister struck me as reverring Lucy like a minor god or something. Rather protective and overestimating her sibling. They sort of cut the scene where Lucy is blushing before the battle, I guess it actually contridicted Barbra's insults towards Brock.

Judai Yuki
21st October 2006, 4:13 PM
Barbra wanted to kick some twerp ***.

-Judai

~Battle Frontier~
21st October 2006, 4:14 PM
I wished Brock stayed behind since he finally found a woman who likes Brock back. (Temacu doesn't count since Brock didnt like her). And it is hard for Brock to find other woman who also likes him. He should have stayed.

Digitalkaiser65
21st October 2006, 5:06 PM
The thing is that if you noticed at the end, all the pokemon in lucy's house had squinty eyes....(Skitty, snorlax ect...) That was why she liked brock. xD Then it imediatly cuts to a shot of brocks face...Hehe.

I thought the episode was mediocre, the battle wasnt that enthralling, and I expected a tad bit more. o_o Compared to the battledome battle it was EH.

I liked it though!! xD Very cute.

raticatelover
21st October 2006, 6:31 PM
BWahAHAHAHAHAHA! The power of the slint eyes explode! Go Brock! Well, other than that it was a fair battle, not one of the worsts but definitely not one of the better ones.

C.J. Ray
21st October 2006, 8:45 PM
Someone should ask the writers why they didn't implement aspects of the game's Battle Frontier facilities, so people would stop complaining about these changes.

I slept past the first part and got to the point where Lucy's Seviper smashed Donphan, ten minutes into the episode. Dang. :@ Anyways, the episode was really nice with the girls cheering for their Queen, and that part at the end was neato.

Woman: Now that you beat Queen Lucy, you'd better never lose again!

:D

I think that Lucy just loved the eyes, not the man of Brock. Shame. Anyways, the episode was okay. Lucy was one of my favorite Brains and this was really nice, but they didn't implement the "luck" part of the battle at all, like they did with Tucker and his tactics.

Eerie Wind
21st October 2006, 8:51 PM
That move was facade! I looked through the Attack dex P section trying to find out what that was! I loved this episode, I officially love lucy even more! Great episode!

♥Princess Ketchum♥
21st October 2006, 8:56 PM
This sounds amazing episode <3 hope to watch it soon

chosen_one386
21st October 2006, 9:01 PM
Great episode! The battle was awesome and Lucy liking Brock was so cool. Um... this may sound dumb, but what is their shipping named? Is it Luckshipping or something like that? Anyway, Barbara annoyed the hell out of me...

Darkness Angel
21st October 2006, 9:06 PM
Finally someone who likes Brock back appears in the anime.

Orange_Flaaffy
21st October 2006, 9:18 PM
I only saw the ending...I hate how Lucy liked Brock back. That just annoyed me. It's always funnier to see Brock flirting and failing.

Like he's done ten million times before?:P I don't find it funny anymore, just sort of sad :(...
And I really don't think it was just the eyes that she liked, Lucy seems to be a caring person just like Brock, I think they could have made it work and she should have joined them traveling :).

Charizard006
21st October 2006, 9:38 PM
I liked the episode, but I couldn't imagine any girl liking Brock back, since he's been dumped on so much.

Also, what's wrong with Ash's voice? It sounds like he went through puberty.

Geodude
21st October 2006, 10:36 PM
Have you not read any Pokemon anime news in the last year, or what? 4Kids is no longer dubbing Pokemon, PUSA is, so the whole gang has new voice actors. It's not hard to find info on this on the forums, if you'd bother to look.

Korobooshi Kojiro
21st October 2006, 11:27 PM
Not too mention I hope people can notice when the people they've watched 8 years sound different.

Cobalt_Latios
22nd October 2006, 3:57 AM
The thing is that if you noticed at the end, all the pokemon in lucy's house had squinty eyes....(Skitty, snorlax ect...) That was why she liked brock. xD Then it imediatly cuts to a shot of brocks face...Hehe.
In bold: That had never occured to me! So that was why.

Ya a great episode. Funny, all that time beating up Jessie's Seviper served no form of practice whatsoever for Ash's battle against Lucy. After having seen the Jap eppy on Youtube, it seemed that Lucy's voice sounded a little young for how she looked. All in all, i enjoyed it. Seeing Facade(i knew it was pronounced fa-sod) was also pretty cool. Didnt expect that. Funny how this is the second Milotic we see and this one aint armed with Recover. Though in the game isnt it armed with Mirror Coat? Then again, one of Lucy... I mean 'Queen Lucy'(couldnt resist doing that, lol)'s aids said that she never uses defensive. Isnt Facade somewhat defensive? Eh, oh well.

After 8 seasons and about 10-12 episodes, Ash gets a Donphan(ever since the First Movie).

~C_L~

uncutpokemon
22nd October 2006, 5:01 AM
i can't help but wonder if Brock would have actualy stayed with lucy had she admitted to liking him? i still can't believe that there is actualy a girl that likes Brock back! and a pretty one to! wow!!! it was actualy quite funny that rather then Max pulling Brock by the ear that it was that sister of Lucy's, lol.

Pika Hikari KT
22nd October 2006, 5:06 AM
-Lucy's my favorite Frontier Brain(gijinka Seviper~:D), so I was looking forward to this ep. I wasn't disappointed.

-FLAMETHROWING SEVIPER~!~!:D Really, the fact Seviper can even learn that is cool in itself.

-I KNEW Facade was pronounced that way!:)

-Lucy's fangirls were annoying. And I mean REALLY annoying.X(

-Tee-hee, squinty-eyes. Poor Brock.:p

Pokemon Fan
22nd October 2006, 5:47 AM
Let me just say that Lucy's voice actor was magnificient, it seemed to fit her perfectly. Confident and sexy, with just a hint of kindness too. :cool:

As for the other characters, I must note that Brock's voice actor has improved immensely since the 10th anniversary special, as have the others. I love the tones and inflections he uses and think he brings out Brock's zany side in ways that even Eric Stuart didn't (no offense to him of course). :cool:

Indeed, the only main character voice I have any problem with these days is Ash's. This is simply because the voice actor seems to put so little emotion into the voice, and with a character like Ash this is really noticeable.

Orange_Flaaffy
22nd October 2006, 8:33 AM
Let me just say that Lucy's voice acotr was magnificient, it seemed to fit her perfectly. Confident and sexy, with just a hint of kindness too. :cool:

As for the other characters, I must note that Brock's voice actor has improved immensely since the 10th anniversary special, as have the others. I love the tones and inflections he uses and think he brings out Brock's zany side in ways that even Eric Stuart didn't (no offense to him of course). :cool:

Indeed, the only main character voice I have any problem with these days is Ash's. This is simply because the voice actor seems to put so little emotion into the voice, and with a character like Ash this is really noticeable.

I agree, for some reason Ash's voice sounded a little too deep in this episode O.o (and yes, I know about the new VAs ;)

Medea
22nd October 2006, 3:06 PM
I love Lucy's voice. It was exactly as I imagined.

Now the episode was pretty cool for the most part. I did like the battle (not as much as Tucker's but good none-the-less). Now I wasn't too thrilled seeing Lucy being such a blushing school girl and I saw this in both versions (Eng/Jap). But I still seem confident that Lucy will become a raging lesbian in the years to come. Oops, sorry about that! Oh yeah, I have to ask, Lucy's henchmen...Well one of them Barbra, is she REALLY Lucy's sister even in the Japanese version? I never really caught that and I would just like to know.

Orange_Flaaffy
22nd October 2006, 7:38 PM
I love Lucy's voice. It was exactly as I imagined.

Now the episode was pretty cool for the most part. I did like the battle (not as much as Tucker's but good none-the-less). Now I wasn't too thrilled seeing Lucy being such a blushing school girl and I saw this in both versions (Eng/Jap). But I still seem confident that Lucy will become a raging lesbian in the years to come. Oops, sorry about that! Oh yeah, I have to ask, Lucy's henchmen...Well one of them Barbra, is she REALLY Lucy's sister even in the Japanese version? I never really caught that and I would just like to know.
Actually, I liked that for once a character was not stereotyped like that based on looks and voice. She can be, tall, tough voiced and still like guys, sheesh :P.
Anyhow, most likely not, but famous people in the real world have fans that wish they were their sister, so it doesn’t really matter.

CrimsonX
22nd October 2006, 7:42 PM
This episode was executed well

- Lucy's Pkmn are AWESOME

- VA's were good except Ash's

- Nice how all of Lucy's Pkmn had squinty eyes at the end =D

- Seviper getting KOed by another Seviper was nice

- Made me notice that Donaphan has a terrible moveset

Overall I liked it (Ash's VA didn't help).

Geodude
22nd October 2006, 10:25 PM
When I first saw this ep when it was released in Japanese, I was fully expecting Earthquake from Donphan. We know that it can use the move, since it did as a Phanpy in the Silver Conference. But I then realized that it may not have been as effective on this particular field, since it was half water.

Gravy
22nd October 2006, 10:38 PM
I don't know about that. I think that Donphan could have still utilised the move, despite the apparant hiderence of the field being half of two completely different settings. Perhaps using the shockwaves from the quake to cause the water to crash around wildly, possibly as a way of distorting Milotic and putting it off balance? Maybe even using this as a method of drawing the pokémon out of the water completely?

Ash6K
22nd October 2006, 10:48 PM
I liked this episode. It's about time soneone liked Brock back. As for Ash's battle, I wished it could've been Pikachu vs. Milotic, Pikachu vs. Seviper, and then Seviepr vs. Donphan...but oh well. As for Donphan using Earthquake...I was wondering if that Barboach episode way back had anything to do with the lack of using Earthquake....well just a thought.

Korobooshi Kojiro
23rd October 2006, 12:12 AM
I don't know about that. I think that Donphan could have still utilised the move, despite the apparant hiderence of the field being half of two completely different settings. Perhaps using the shockwaves from the quake to cause the water to crash around wildly, possibly as a way of distorting Milotic and putting it off balance? Maybe even using this as a method of drawing the pokémon out of the water completely?

You guys forget the infamous Team Rocket battle in the first episode of the Lugia 3-Parter....

Gravy
23rd October 2006, 12:34 AM
You guys forget the infamous Team Rocket battle in the first episode of the Lugia 3-Parter....

It was a saga that had Richie onscreen about 90% of the time. You'll have to forgive me for forgetting about it :P

For curiousity's sake however; what exactly did happen? ^^;

Korobooshi Kojiro
23rd October 2006, 12:41 AM
Bayleaf, Pupitar, Houndour, and Hitmotop battling over water perfectly for about 5 minutes without even touching the ground.

Geodude
23rd October 2006, 3:13 AM
Consider that an anomaly.

Swirling Squirtle
23rd October 2006, 6:20 PM
I WAS WONDERING WAT FACADE WAS!!! i was like wat the heck is she saying i never heard that move b4..... but i like it if you pronounce it Fay-Kade

Geodude
23rd October 2006, 8:46 PM
No. It was originally a French word, but is commonly used in English, like the word rendez-vous. They pronounced it correctly in the episode.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/facade

Jorah
23rd October 2006, 10:36 PM
Wow, Lucy's really cool. I noticed her snake eyes.

But I have to say, that this was Team Rocket's worst disguise in ages. I've been watching this cartoony thing on YouTube for a while that pokes fun at the Pokemon episodes and in them it usually shows Ash handing over Pikachu to Team Rocket looking exactly as they usually do, with the only difference being that they wore sunglasses and they asked if they could borrow his Pikachu because they needed him for a moment. I always thought that this cartoony thing was just an exaggeration...but that is exactly what happened in this episode! He just handed Pikachu over to Team Rocket wearing sunglasses because they needed to see Pikachu! It amazes me that Ash can be so smart in battles, yet he can't remember a group of people he's known for about 10 years now.

But the battle was good, so that made up for it...

wobbanut
24th October 2006, 4:17 AM
The fact that Lucy shows feelings for Brock is definitely the highlight of this episode. It's debatable whether her feelings for Brock is true or if she just has a thing for the seemingly-eyeless crowd, but either way I found it really sweet. I think Lucy's feelings for Brock could be a combination of both, because she was consistently blushing. Plus, that part where she held her hands after Brock was pulled away was telling. Good stuff, I love these rare reciprocal episodes. I felt bad that Max kept pulling Brock away. Luckily, I like Max, so I could forgive him. :)

The romance kind of overshadowed the episode, but the battle was pretty good. Donphan did a good job against Seviper. I wish they would have done more with the two sevipers, since we rarely see more than one of a Team Rocket pokemon in an episode, but otherwise it was good. Oh, and Barbara was REALLY annoying.

Overall, 9.5/10, taken down slightly because of all the ear-pulling and Barbara.

Caseydia
24th October 2006, 5:38 AM
This episode was nice. I sort of wished Lucy would I falled for Brock. Then he could finally get a life.

Sato
24th October 2006, 8:57 AM
But I have to say, that this was Team Rocket's worst disguise in ages. I've been watching this cartoony thing on YouTube for a while that pokes fun at the Pokemon episodes and in them it usually shows Ash handing over Pikachu to Team Rocket looking exactly as they usually do, with the only difference being that they wore sunglasses and they asked if they could borrow his Pikachu because they needed him for a moment. I always thought that this cartoony thing was just an exaggeration...but that is exactly what happened in this episode! He just handed Pikachu over to Team Rocket wearing sunglasses because they needed to see Pikachu! It amazes me that Ash can be so smart in battles, yet he can't remember a group of people he's known for about 10 years now.

If you think these disguises were bad, just wait until DP004, they wear green jackets, glasses and Jessie has her hair tied up. Their uniforms, including the red R are still visible. And yes, Ash does believe them at first. -_-;;

This is quite an enjoyable episode though. I'm totally loving all the Brain Battles and the new VAs just keep getting better. Although Taj and PUSA could stand to keep at least a bit more of the Japanese music more often...

Ashy Boy
24th October 2006, 9:10 AM
What did Jessie say when she got blasted off? Whatever she said, it was too quick.

MechaBulba
24th October 2006, 11:45 PM
This Suxs i can't watch this episode because the person who posts them all on YouTube has made them private over night. Whats the point of doing that now we can't watch them without being your friend? Dam it i have been waiting for this ep for ages.

Unprivate them!!!

I want to see a real Serviper in battle!

Judai Yuki
25th October 2006, 12:36 AM
TF?! At the end Ash was all like "Oookay".

-Judai

Jukain:)
25th October 2006, 12:50 AM
I watched this jap version of this one! great episode, but TR had a lame diguise, and seviper apeared to much(zangoose all the way! XD). However, I love how they have Lucy fall for Brock, and the part where she looks at him walk away in the sunset with the rest of the crew is really cute <3.

-J;460;

PS: Does anyone know where I can see the dub? There's no cartoon network in canada, and whenever I watch it on youtube it tells me it's a privite vid and I must fufil the users friend request. PM me if so!

Judai Yuki
25th October 2006, 12:51 AM
Damn Lucy and her seemingly no eyes fetish! =P

-Judai

Neko Godot
26th October 2006, 2:01 AM
Nice episode, whoever voiced Lucy made her hawt actually.

Bliksem
26th October 2006, 10:17 AM
Having finally seen this episode in English, I realized that for how wonderful this episode was, that has got to be the worst battle. "The battlefield is partially water, so I have to choose a Water Pokemon... blah blah blah." Seconds later. "Go Donphan!" Honestly, it's not like he has many Water Pokemon to choose from AND the fact that he chose Donphan directly after is bleh x_x. Finally got to see that the move was Take Down. And I despise the Milotic/Pikachu battle even more now. It's one thing to totally pull a strategy out of your tailhole. As long as it makes sense, I don't care. But 'LOL USE THUNDRBOLT ON URSELF!!!111one" is like... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Maybe I'm just bitter than my signature Pokemon was defeated by that dumb rat. Oh well, at least Anabel has a nice surprise for it.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
26th October 2006, 10:16 PM
I liked the episode

Silent Conversation
26th October 2006, 11:11 PM
Haven't seen the episode, want to though. Sounds like a good episode.

Anyone 4 Buttons?
30th October 2006, 2:40 PM
I 'spose it was a good episode, whereas most of the actual Frontier Brain battles are. The battle was nothing in comparison to the Battle Dome, or Factory, but cool to see Donphan though, even if it wasn't the water-type that Ash was goin on about.
To be honest, if Ash is stupid enough not to recognise TR by now, they deserve to take Pikachu.

SheWhoLovesPineapples
5th November 2006, 6:21 AM
The writers hate brock..giving him a crying little wannabe bonsai who needs a bottle and giving him an ear pulling nemisis like max ( who I like in almost every episode...his behaviour was just unneceassary this time).

If only they hated him enough to take him out... ;_;

...sounds like he went through puberty

LOL... it does, doesn't it? xP

About the episode - wow, Lucy likes Brock. That's the last thing I would've ever expected. It made me laugh a little. To me, it seemed like she liked him more because she was flattered - I didn't even notice all her squinty-eyed Pokemon. I can be dense like that, LOL.

Ash's strategy for defeating Milotic didn't really make sense to me... o_0

Jessie dressing up as Lucy didn't come as much of a surprise to me... but I never play Emerald (I share it with my brother and he messed it up with cheats, and I don't get any satisfaction from playing cheat games...), so I don't know any of the Brains before I see them in the anime.

Anyway... good episode. ^.^ 8/10.

Riva
11th November 2006, 12:58 AM
The music for Mime Jr.s attack is "Polka-Dolka!"! And it effects everyone but the tv crew. That's funny. If you listen closely, you can hear Meowth's old voice actor sing his lines.

BattleFranky~40
11th November 2006, 12:58 AM
The music for Mime Jr.s attack is "Polka-Dolka!"! And it effects everyone but the tv crew. That's funny. If you listen closely, you can hear Meowth's old voice actor sing his lines.

Wrong thread?

Samayowa
11th November 2006, 5:46 PM
This was one of my favorite episodes.
The battle was actually a decent battle...those don't happen too often.
A girl was finally crushing on Brock as well... NEVER happens.
..What was that weird attack that was used???
I don't remember the name of it, but it's not one of the attacks that you can get in the games...
...weird.O_O

Geodude
11th November 2006, 6:32 PM
As was mentioned already, it was Facade. What is so unfamiliar about it?

No. It was originally a French word, but is commonly used in English, like the word rendez-vous. They pronounced it correctly in the episode.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/facade
Reading is a good thing.

Latias Fan
14th November 2006, 9:01 AM
Havent seen the ep yet since im in australia (only up to a hurdle for squirtle :( ) but seems pretty good from guide , cant belive someone's finally crushing on brock!!!

Pacman
20th November 2006, 9:42 PM
It was alright. Ash should of had to past the Pike like in the games. That would be interesting. Also, Lucy doesn't really act like she does in the game.

Knight_Ram
27th November 2006, 3:37 AM
This was a great battle! I loved the twister/ volt tackle attack used on Milotic! Amazing! Super Duper sweet.... lol Anyways, great battle and the move sets on the pokemon Lucy had was great! But they should of made it a two part battle. But they didnt so 8.5/10

RedJirachi
27th September 2007, 10:19 AM
Someone LIKES Brock?!It's the apocalypse!
What was the move she used

uber gon
29th September 2007, 10:03 AM
Meh, I kinda wanted Donphan to showcase ANCIENTPOWER.

Megaranger
21st October 2007, 11:47 AM
I laughed my head off when Ash told Donphan to charge in on Milotic with Take Down, only for it to receive a Hydro Pump in the face :D

HONESTLY, just what was Ash thinking back there?!?

Wobuffet fan
16th November 2007, 4:10 AM
Someone asked what Jessie said while blasting off. It was" There's nothing worse than a know it all goody two shoes!!!!".

I must admit Team Rocket's fake facility was actually quite a good idea. it would have been nice if we had another episode to dedicate about Team Rocket stealing Pokemon from unexpected Battle Frontieer challengers

I also thought that Jessie's disguise was good, but Ash must be so freaking stupid if he can't recognize James and Meowth. I mean he must be living in a fantasy world where short furry little midgits stand on top of a Wobuffet. Ash should have also at least remebered the cage mechanism in which Pikachu was trapped as it's been used hundreds of times before.

As for the Frontier battle itself, I wish Seviper would get that long-overdue respect and pound that little twerp's Pokemon in their place. But no, it just had to lose to Donphan. The Milotic vs Pikachu battle was much more realistic than the last battle. It didn't make sense how a 15 pound Pokemon can take lift something almost twenty times it's weight.

Kenpachi
3rd November 2008, 10:45 PM
Brock doesn't always get lucky with the ladies, in fact he almost never does.
But for Lucy to like you, the prettiest girl in the entire Pokemon universe, forget
everyone else. Brock doesn't even cheer for the other girl gym leaders, his cheering for
her was especially sweet. I really saddens me how they'll probably never show Lucy ever again.

HoennMaster
4th November 2008, 5:44 AM
Tis sad, Lucy is awesome. too bad she likes Brock though.

Kenpachi
4th November 2008, 11:26 PM
Tis sad, Lucy is awesome. too bad she likes Brock though.
Why is it too bad ?

HoennMaster
5th November 2008, 6:05 AM
Because Lucy is an awesome character, best Frontier Brain and shouldn't like a vile creature like Brock.

ShinyCharyZard
5th November 2008, 8:25 PM
Because Lucy is an awesome character, best Frontier Brain and shouldn't like a vile creature like Brock.

what is everyones problem with Brock? so he doesnt do as much as we'd like him to...so what?

oh, and Lucy liked his squinty eyes...which i thought was pretty cool.

Jessie Worshiper
5th November 2008, 10:56 PM
Let me guess, is it because he is darker than everyone else?
Would it be okay if Gary or Paul liked her?

You sound pretty racist, Brcok would make a a great boyfriend to anybody.
A total gentlemen, smart, and a jack of all trades.

Tadashi
7th November 2008, 6:00 AM
Pff, Jessie disguised herself as Lucy. Darn, it's a shame Brock wasn't there. I would have loved to see his reaction! Still, it was pretty cool to see Lucy's Seviper battle with Jessie's ^_^

As for the Frontier Battle... ehhh. I didn't like how quickly Seviper went down =\ It is her signature Pokémon, after all. But Pikachu brought victory (again), so yay! The whole battle just felt rushed to me... although, seeing a girl actually return Brock's affection probably caused a rift in the space-time continum, thus making time speed up XD;

HoennMaster
7th November 2008, 8:14 AM
what is everyones problem with Brock? so he doesnt do as much as we'd like him to...so what?

Yes, that is exactly why I say he can't like Lucy.....NO Lucy is too cool for Brock.

Let me guess, is it because he is darker than everyone else?
Would it be okay if Gary or Paul liked her?

You sound pretty racist, Brcok would make a a great boyfriend to anybody.
A total gentlemen, smart, and a jack of all trades.

I sound racist? What the hell did I ever say to sounds racist!? I never mentioned his skin color once, YOU DID. And no, no one can like Lucy because she is too cool for anyone.

Torpoleon
9th November 2008, 1:18 AM
Somebody finally likes brock back1I also thought the twister and Volt tackle rocked!

TurtwigFan1
1st January 2009, 10:00 PM
Yet another great Frontier Brain battle! Lucy loving Brock back, and the epic battle of Pikachu and Donphan versus Milotic and Seviper made an awesome episode. I loved seeing all of Lucy's squinty Pok&#233;mon at her home, so cute!

Igottapoo
19th January 2009, 5:23 PM
Not a bad episode. Cool how someone fell in love with Brock. They should have stayed together. Oh well.

Blue Snover
9th March 2009, 4:06 PM
Brock finally finds the right girl and he leaves, what an idiot.

Lucy's Seviper was impressive though, teaching it Flamethrower was a good move.

Donphan against Milotic was just asking for trouble.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 12:15 PM
someone has an eye on brock, she must be really sexually fustrated if somebody falls for him-_-

anyway it was a nice episode, iliked watching it.

Willow's Tara
20th June 2009, 9:00 AM
I liked this episode really, I started liking Lucy alot too, sure I like Flannery and Cynthia better but still.

I was actually annoyed at Max that he pulled Brock away from Lucy, maybe if he hadn't done that Lucy would have said something about I think you are cute or something as well (I know Max always does that but it was annoying in this episode because Lucy liked Brock, actually after this one Max started annoying me with doing that followed by Croagunk, Misty didn't though and I don't know why).

Unlike some people I actually liked that Lucy liked Brock, do you think if somehow there was a Johto BF and they moved all the Kantos into Johtos that when Brock and Lucy reunite he will go off with her? (Okay I doubted that myself).

Surfer_Dude
26th September 2009, 1:13 PM
Heh lucy apparently has some feelings for brock :p

Ash-kid
11th October 2009, 4:29 PM
I liked the battle between Donphan and Seviper. very good battle. but Milotic VS Pikachu was a de-ja-vu of Juan's battle. I have expected for new attacks for Lucy's Milotic..

Lorde
20th October 2009, 10:57 AM
Lucy's dub voice was amazing! I had expected something more childish since she is rude and possibly immature in the games. I was also surprised to see her return some affection for Brock in this episode, which few females ever do haha. That was a nice change from her cold attitude in the games. I liked the Milotic vs. Pikachu part of the battle since Pikachu got to take charge with it's Volt Tackle. A decent battle but a great episode for Ships, regardless. 7/10.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
24th October 2009, 4:06 PM
Wow. Brock finally fell for someone who liked him back. Good thing Croagunk wasn't with them yet or he would have thrown Brock to the moon with a poison jab.
Lucy's Seviper v. Jessie's Seviper: no contest; did Jessie really think she would win that battle? That was a strong flamethrower attack, to say the least.

Armaldo48
5th January 2010, 8:45 AM
Seviper is a cool Pokemon, so this episode was alright.

7.5/10

firestar319
18th January 2010, 12:55 AM
Seviper was just awesome in this episode, especially when it used flamethrower. And Brock finally meets a girl that has feelings for him... 9/10

Lorde
18th January 2010, 1:01 AM
Seviper was just awesome in this episode, especially when it used flamethrower. And Brock finally meets a girl that has feelings for him... 9/10

I wasn't even sure Seviper could use Flamethrower :3

Why not give Jessie's Seviper some elemental attacks like Lucy's had?

Anyway, kinda sad to see Brock leave right when Lucy was starting to like him.

Kenpachi
25th January 2010, 9:48 PM
I just saw this episode again and didn't really notice it the 1st time but Lucy's referee is really pretty. Those cool colors and short clothes are very appealing.

Shneak
19th March 2010, 5:35 AM
Not a bad episode, although YTV's airing of it was terrible. Crackly screen and audio. I just wish the battle was more interesting.

7/10.

saar
28th June 2010, 2:00 PM
Lucy's pokemon were very cute , I love them all. Especailly Cyndaquil and Skitty.
The gym battle was good. Not something that I'm going to remember all my life, but Donphan was used, which is a rare thing to see. I haven't had the time to see all the fight, but Donphan was great.

Painkiller2001
3rd December 2010, 6:48 PM
Not a bad episode, although YTV's airing of it was terrible. Crackly screen and audio.
7/10.

Yeah, what was up with that?
This has to be the third episode (that I've seen) that has done this:
1.) The Scuffle of Legends (I think) - It was tolerable, but still irritating
2.) The Drifting Snorunt - Started to get on the "really annoying" bandwagon
3.) Queen of the Serpentine - Okay, seriously, stop doing that!

I never thought I would see the day when I see another female character (sort of) return Brock's affection! Why did Max have to ruin a possible sure thing!?
Then I find out why she has a thing for Brock, she likes Pokemon/people with squinty eyes, apparently.

Lance The Champ
17th December 2010, 11:02 AM
Great battle.... but that of Pikachu and Milotic reminds of Ash and Juan's battle

kemal07
6th January 2011, 9:18 PM
Just watched this episode for the second time since few years back. I have to say since Brock's left the series he should get in contact with Pike Queen Lucy if she's still located in Kanto lol.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
6th March 2011, 1:28 PM
AHAHAHHAHAHAH

She was looking at skitty and said you have the same eyes as someone 1 know and it was brock

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA LOL

G50
26th April 2011, 11:26 AM
This episode was cool. It was cool to find out that Seviper could use Flamethrower unlike Jessie's Seviper. Lucy definitely had some sort of feelings for Brock in this episode. Donphan vs Seviper was a very cool battle, as well as Pikachu vs Milotic. I'm surprised Milotic was the 1 getting the "star Pokemon" of the 2 treatment. Not very surprised to see that Milotic knocked out Donphan very easily. It was cool to see Facade attack for the 1st time. The way Pikachu used Volt Tackle to knock out Milotic was very cool. I'm glad Ash won his 4th Frontier Symbol. I'm glad that there was a Seviper vs Seviper battle in this episode.

79/100

Littlemyuu
14th June 2011, 2:55 AM
Cool episode Seviper is my favorite pokemon, cool that it could use flamethrower

Jnmisty
27th January 2012, 7:37 PM
Did anyone else notice besides me that there are similarities and differences between Lucy and Misty?

They both have three sisters.
Misty has a graydos that can use flamethrower while Lucy has a serviper that can use flamethrower.
Misty pulls Brock's ear away when brock is hitting on a woman while Barbara was the one pulling brock's ear away when Brock was hitting on Lucy.
Lucy is the eldest child in the family while misty is the youngest in her family.

lolipiece
27th January 2012, 7:42 PM
Did anyone else notice besides me that there are similarities and differences between Lucy and Misty?

They both have three sisters.
Misty has a graydos that can use flamethrower while Lucy has a serviper that can use flamethrower.
Misty pulls Brock's ear away when brock is hitting on a woman while Barbara was the one pulling brock's ear away when Brock was hitting on Lucy.
Lucy is the eldest child in the family while misty is the youngest in her family.

They aren't her sisters.

English dub mistake only.

Bulba the Great!
23rd May 2012, 8:36 AM
The stars of the battle should have been Donphan and Seviper, showing the true power of Lucy's signature Pokemon and Ash's newest. If they had to have Milotic, it should've been first and against ANYTHING but Pikachu. Bring in a reserve. Something unexpected like Muk or Tauros.

It was neat to see Facade, though. Not sure how I feel about making Lucy so vulnerable, but props to Brock for scoring the hottest Frontier Brain. Too bad Max Brock blocked.

Vernikova
11th September 2012, 9:48 PM
I liked the episode but I wish it could've been animated better and been longer. Pikachu shocking itself was pretty disappointing to watch though.

The Power of Pika
10th May 2013, 3:15 PM
Okay episode.

I liked seeing Donphan fight and I enjoyed seeing jessie dressed up as Queen lucy. Got to wonder how dumb ash is falling for that same container they capture Pikachu in past episodes with. He's gullible and will believe anything.XP

I thought it was amusing when I believe her name is barbara screams at brock when he talked about love and him and Lucy being together.XD

I liked that lucy had a crush on brock. Pity Brock didn't notice this.

PokemonNation2000
13th June 2013, 6:34 AM
Not a bad episode. Not a particularly good one, either. It was okay.

Sarah's Ash, oddly enough, sounded better than usual this episode.

Bill was hilarious as Brock, yet he was really overacting the part to me.

Everyone else was at their usual standard: Max still sounding horrible, May still sounding like she inhaled helium, James with a cold, etc.

All in all, one of the better eps of Season 9.

Dub: 80/100

Dawn+Serena Fan
2nd July 2013, 9:19 PM
This was a pretty good episode. Team Rocket annoyed me at the beginning, but I enjoyed the battle Ash had with Lucy. I also found it funny that Lucy liked Brock back XD

PokemontrainerY
3rd July 2013, 11:58 PM
This episode starts with Ash, Max and Brock coming out of a Pokémon Center. Ash was excited for his Frontier Battle... but suddenly Bonsly starts crying. Brock goes to needs to be fed. May was not there, so Max goes after her while Ash goes to the Battle Pike on his own. May shows her Eevee the ocean, and mentions something about participating in a Contest together. Max comes and tells May to come to the Battle Pike.

Ash arrives at the Battle Pike, which is a building with a head of a Seviper. Team Rocket appears in front of him in disguise and introduces him to fake Queen Lucy (Jessie). Ash wants a battle her, but James tells they will put Pikachu in energy-purifying box so it can be fully charged before the battle. Now that was just weird. despite James and Mewoth terrible disguise, how come Ash couldn't identify James? Geez, the writers shouldn't make Ash THAT dense.

When that was going on, Brock, May and Max were about to head towards the Battle Pike... but suddenly three women appears in front of them. The sexy blonde haired girl Barbara, who is Lucy's sister, asks them where Ash is? After Barbara was told that he went to the Battle Pike, she rudely tells the gang that they came to greet him on the behalf of Queen Lucy. Scott appears out of nowhere and to calms everyone down, saying that the Battle Pike is closed. Just then, Queen Lucy appears with an unique style. She apologizes to the gang for her sister's rude behaviour. As usual, Brock falls in love with Lucy and grabs her hands to flirt with her, much to Barbara's dismay. Barbara pulls him away, while Lucy deeply blushes. Well, what you know? We have Another girl actually liked Brock's flirting.

Meanwhile, Team Rocket managed to capture Pikachu, but he was saved thanks to Lucy. Ash tries to battle TR with Pikachu, but Lucy tells she will handle it on her own and sends out her Seviper. Jessie's and Lucy's Seviper use Poison Tail, but Lucy's Seviper is stronger, so it knocks Jessie's Seviper out. Lucy's Seviper uses Flamethrower, blasting Team Rocket off. Later Ash asks her for a battle. But Brock tells her that the Battle Pike is close, so they have to come tomorrow. Hearing Brock's words, Lucy blushes deeply and tells them that the Battle Pike is open for good friends. While Ash is excited for the battle, Brock grabs Lucy's hands and starts flirting, causing her to blush AGAIN! As usual, Max pulls Brock away, while Lucy blushes deeply. xD

The battle between Ash and Lucy was great! It was clever of Ash to use Donphan against Seviper. Since Donphan is a ground type, it is resistent to Poison type move. After a tough battle, Donphan manages to defeat Seviper, leaving Lucy with her just one Pokémon. May and Max talks about how well Ash did in the battle, while Barbara cheers for Lucy. Brock starts cheering for Lucy As well, which causes Lucy to blush AGAIN! Surprised by this, May Brock who is he cheering for. Brock tells her that he is cheering for both Ash and Lucy, so Max pulls his ear and telling him he needs to choose one of them, as the battle between Ash and Lucy continues. Lucy sends out Milotic as her next Pokémon, who knock Donphan out. Ash chooses Pikachu as his second Pokémon, who puts up a great battle and eventually defeats Milotic, earning Ash the Luck symbol!

Ash learns that his next battle will be at the Battle Palace and May says they haven't travelled across the water for while. All of sudden, Brock grasps Lucy's hand and asks if she would like to join them. But before she could answer, Max pulls him away AGAIN! Ugh, Max... Why did you have to pull Brock away? Even after seeing that Lucy is blushing? Geez, what a kid!

Overall, great episode. I really liked Lucy's. She liked Brock back, but she's not particulary open about it. Sure, she blushed whenever he flirted with her or cheered for her, but she still managed to keep calm and collected about it. Not to mention, she's cute and Hot. The Frontier battle was cool, both Pikachu and Donphan did very well in the battle. I'm glad Ash got the Luck Symbol, he deserved it.

Painkiller2001
16th November 2014, 3:48 AM
I noticed something just before Lucy gave Ash his Luck symbol. In real life, I swear, Lucy would be like 11 or 12 feet tall. Unless Ash is a little shorter than usual.
It's still hilarious how Lucy has a fetishthing for squinty eyes. :)