PDA

View Full Version : AG 163 and 164 Titles

Sushi
5th January 2006, 4:13 PM
PokeAni says:

AG 163 (439): Pokémon Contest! Yuzuriha Convention!!
Japanese Title: 「ポケモンコンテスト!ユズリハ大会!!」
Art director for this seems to be Toshihito(?) Hiro'oka.
For reference, it's the same art style as in the Jiruba Town Contest and the Time-Travel episode.
Airdate: 02/02/06

AG 164 (440): Sceptile! Dawn of Revival!!
Japanese Title: 「ジュカイン!復活の夜明け!!」
Art director: Izumi Shimura
For reference: Recent Elekid & Celebi episodes, as well as the Battle Pike episode.
Airdate: 02/09/06

If people are interested to see who will draw the other three eps that haven't aired yet:
- Art director for the Orienteering episode seems to be Yuusaku Takeda ("Mudkip and Flaaffy! Wonder Drug of Love?!" & "Dragonair's Lake!")

- Masa'aki Iwane (First half of the Battle Dome episode, and first half of the Bonsly episode) is in charge of "Munchlax' Battle Debut!"

- As for the Grovyle VS Tropius episode, it's Izumi Shimura & Akihiro Tamagawa (Manene's Debut episode, second half of the Battle Dome episode, as well as the second half of the Bonsly episode).

Hiroki
5th January 2006, 4:22 PM
Any source? Where did you get the info?
Good titles btw, ;]

Sushi
5th January 2006, 4:30 PM
"PokeAni" was the very first word in my post ;P

Edit: Ick *kicks photobucket for resizing picture*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Karnimani1990/TC/titlespokeani.jpg

Now it's visible I think^^ See red rectangle.

FlamingRuby
5th January 2006, 4:39 PM
So Ash gets Sceptile? Cool!

CyberCubed
5th January 2006, 4:51 PM
^ Well it's not confirmed, but Grovyle probably evolves in the "Grovyle Vs. Tropius" episode. This episode is probably a follow-up that focuses on his new Sceptile.

Anyway, yet another contest? Huh? Isn't this only like only one episode after her Harley contest? How could they have another contest so soon?

AcethePuma
5th January 2006, 4:57 PM
i think it will evolve in ep 164... i guess it will lose against tropius and evolves afterwards... but we´ll see, i think we´ll have some cool episodes

Sushi
5th January 2006, 4:58 PM
I predict that's the episode where Drew finally appears again. I already PMed one of my friends about this, but Mitsuki Saiga (Shuu's voice actress) said on her site that Drew will appear in an episode in near future, so I assume it's this one. Roselia's in it, too (kinda obvious, but since Flygon was the only one of his Pokémon that appeared in the Arcanine ep, I felt like pointing it out XD).
Saiga-san didn't mention the title of the episode though, so I could be wrong.

CyberCubed
5th January 2006, 5:03 PM
Maybe since there are two contests so close to each other, it gives hope that May will lose one of them. Hopefully she loses the one against Harley, and then wins on this one.

May needs at least one loss this saga (as does Ash for that matter, hoping he loses to Spenser), so if May could lose to Harley and then win this second contest, it would be pretty good. She'd have 3 ribbons and her quest would be more than half over, and she'd still get a loss too. Sounds good to me.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
5th January 2006, 5:05 PM
Nice, can't wait for another contest. The faster this saga goes the more happier I get. Heh, the Sceptile episode has a pretty nice title.

jolteonjak
5th January 2006, 5:10 PM
That gives hope...finally another fully evolved starter.

MaskedManAbsolkid
5th January 2006, 5:18 PM
Cool, I don't get title 2, but I hope there's a Sceptile owned by Ash by the eppy after. Title 1 gives hope for a loss, but is the town mentioned an existing one or just created?

V Faction
5th January 2006, 5:42 PM
Between the vs. Episode and this brand new one, if we don't get a Sceptile (or rather if Ash doesn't), it's time to scream bloody murder!

Stupid episode tease...

And I guess May gets in a contest or something.

Gravy
5th January 2006, 5:44 PM
Thanks for the information regarding animation direction for the episodes Sushi~
Despite the fact that pretty much all of them are going to be done by some rather lackluster, or indeed crappy, teams, I'm glad to hear that the first of the two contest episodes is going to be handled by someone capable. Yays.
And I'm uber estatic with who is going to direct the Tropius ep. Thank god Grovlye is going to go out with style. It would have been a major migrane to see its potential last appearence marred by dire animation and poor artwork.

Speaking of which...
Aww biscuits, Grovyle finally evolves ;_____; Happy now, evolution jockeys? Its so going to look like cack in the revival ep.
I hope that dawn of the revival refers to its kickass personallity being revived. Where the hell did THAT go to?

And for gods sake, have Harley win this time around. I don't care if they shove another contest in there asap so Haruka can reddem herself, just make her lose. Munchlax needs to get its first taste of dirt.

Factory Head Noland
5th January 2006, 5:46 PM
Looks like Ash's Grovyle may evolve then, bigger chance of it happening now. But I must say when I saw the AG164 title I thought of Tetsuya straight away...but I don't think that will happen...

Good titles, we seem to be on a roll of good episodes lately [well, good sounding titles].

IMPERIAL DRAGON
5th January 2006, 5:54 PM
Holy ****, this is too damn coincidental, so I’ll be forced to dismiss the cynics by assuming Ash’s Grovyle evolves. It was inevitable anyway, and face facts, I doubt we’ll be let down. This is literally the first time I’ve been truly exited about something in the anime for a hell of a long time.

Jo-Jo
5th January 2006, 6:41 PM
O_o Another contest? Doesn't the one with Harley air only two weeks before? That's strange. I'd say this ups the odds of May losing to Harley, except that Ash's battles with Greta and Tucker were close together, too, and he won both of those.

Either way, more Drew, plz. His last appearance was in friggin' September. I was beginning to think he wouldn't come back until the Grand Festival.

Guess Grovyle's evolution is almost a certainty now, huh? 'Bout time if you ask me. Considering that Treecko and Torchic's evolutions weren't all that far apart, does anyone think this signifies that May will get Blaziken in the near future?

ŁańkaŃ
5th January 2006, 6:59 PM
yea...ep 164's title makes it intresting...

it seems that either...Grovyle doesnt' evolve and loses to Tropius...

or it lose as Sceptile still to Tropius...in the TROPIUS EP...

so i guess...either it evolve and revies or just revives its TRUE STRENTH...in ep 164...

NOW THAT IS INTRESTING...

can't wait to see this ep...

yea..and another contest...lol now dats funny..lol *May will lose this one, if she wins the other one*

IMPERIAL DRAGON
5th January 2006, 7:03 PM
I'm thinking Tropius will royally kick Grovyle's arse, leaving Grovyle in an incredibly weakened state, before having him return to his former glory by evolving in episode 164. Something along those lines anyway.

CyberCubed
5th January 2006, 7:09 PM
O_o Another contest? Doesn't the one with Harley air only two weeks before? That's strange. I'd say this ups the odds of May losing to Harley, except that Ash's battles with Greta and Tucker were close together, too, and he won both of those.

True, except for the fact that there were 3 episodes inbetween the Greta and Tucker match. Between the two contests there is only 1 episode (Grovyle Vs. Torpius). It is really strange, as there is only one ep between two totally different contests. But hey, if this means May will lose to Harley then it's all good.

Either way, more Drew, plz. His last appearance was in friggin' September. I was beginning to think he wouldn't come back until the Grand Festival.

If they follow the Gary route, Drew may only appear one more time after this one, so he'll get 3 episodes before the GF just like Gary got in Johto. :D

Guess Grovyle's evolution is almost a certainty now, huh? 'Bout time if you ask me. Considering that Treecko and Torchic's evolutions weren't all that far apart, does anyone think this signifies that May will get Blaziken in the near future?

I think that's a reason they finally evolved Mudkip into Marshtompt. Treecko and Torchic evolved in Hoenn, and Mudkip didn't evolve all the way till a little bit into the BF season. Now that Grovyle is reaching his final form, and Combusken is in its second, they didn't want to leave poor Mudkip still in its first form. So they got Mudkip to its second form so all the starters were on even ground, and now Grovyle is going again.

Less sure about Combusken though, I think the earliest it may evolve will be in the D/P saga. Since Combusken is her starter Pokemon, we know that it'll never leave her team. So they have plenty of time with Combusken still, no reason to rush it.

ZoraJolteon
5th January 2006, 7:11 PM
The Sceptile Ep airs on the 9th of Feb. The Sceptile card is released 10th of Feb. Go figure.

ŁańkaŃ
5th January 2006, 7:16 PM
The Sceptile Ep airs on the 9th of Feb. The Sceptile card is released 10th of Feb. Go figure.

That makes sense to me...

and maybe we see that Mysterious pidgey...in the other contest in ep 163 :D

ZoraJolteon
5th January 2006, 7:25 PM
Pidgey is released on the 3rd of Feb. Again, go figure.

JazzJazz
5th January 2006, 7:37 PM
Pidgey is released on the 3rd of Feb. Again, go figure.

Did the other TCG "spoilers" come out before or after their respective pokemon were seen in the anime?

Gaiash
5th January 2006, 7:39 PM
I don't recall it saying "Grovyle evolves" for all we know this could mean Grovyle has a Sceptile for a rival like the whole Pikachu vs Raichu or Meowth vs Persian thing.

Still if this Sceptile is Ashs Grovyle it means Ash has a grass type chain (One grass type of each region each at a different evolution level) and people might stop posting their evolution threads.

ZoraJolteon
5th January 2006, 7:51 PM
Donphan Marshtomp and Eevee cards came out mid-Oct. Marshtomp appeared shortly after on 20th of Oct, then Donphan 1st of Dec and Eevee on Dec 22nd.

ChaosMage
5th January 2006, 8:24 PM
Yeah! This rocks! A contest, Grovyle's semi-confirmed evolution, and May finally loses! Rock on!

Pika Hikari KT
5th January 2006, 8:25 PM
I dunno...Sceptile was never my favorite looking Hoenn Pokémon. It'll be so sad to see Grovyle go if he does evolve...;_;

Oh, and I want more Drew and Flygon.^_^ Or a Fighting type...*coughcoughHitmonleecoughcough*

Fizban
5th January 2006, 8:31 PM
Yeah! This rocks! A contest, Grovyle's semi-confirmed evolution, and May finally loses! Rock on!It isn't confirmed that May wins or loses either contest yet.

Of course, she and Ash both need to lose at least once in this saga. Any loss for May means another awesome contest further down the road, which means more coordinators and more "Ya, suki desu ne!"

ghost master
5th January 2006, 8:54 PM
Anyway, yet another contest? Huh? Isn't this only like only one episode after her Harley contest? How could they have another contest so soon? Was it ever confirmed that episode was a contest or was it assumed it was a contest afterall the Harley episode could just be she meets Harley and they have a serious battle and May uses Munchlax.

Kabuto
5th January 2006, 9:15 PM
Another contest? Meh, I don't really care, I never was really interested in contests. But if Drew appears it'd be nice. Imagine if Harley had another cameo?

And the best title is Sceptile Dawn of Revival. It could be Tetsuya, but I prey Ash will get Sceptile in either Grovyle vs. Tropius or this one. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for Sceptile for so long.

Black Marauder
5th January 2006, 9:27 PM
AG 164 (440): Sceptile! Dawn of Revival!!

Hmm... sounds to me like Grovyle loses to Tropius (and when I say loses, I mean LIKE TOTALLY GOT HIS *** KICKED) and the next episode he 'revives' and something happens and he evolves... :O

DANdotW
5th January 2006, 9:51 PM
Hmm, not sure if it has been suggested already, but Sceptile! Dawn Of Revival could focus on Sceptile's learning of a new attack, Synthesis. Anyone agree?

Hunter

Lupin
5th January 2006, 10:00 PM
So from we can tell so far (or rather what we are hoping):

May loses to Harley (finally) and wins the next contest against Drew.
Grovyle gets its arse kicked against Tropius and becomes a Sceptile in a following episode.

Out of those two, I hope the first one is true. May needs to loseto Harley more then Grovyle needs to evolve.

Flamez
5th January 2006, 10:00 PM
Maybe learning a new attack in the episode could happen, although it losing to tropius in the other episode and then evolving in this one would make more sense, pretty much the same way he evolved from treeko after losing to Gulpin i think it was.

The Contest episode will prob feature Drew as everyone else has said, I hope the episode with Munchlax is where Harley beats may. I like May but still May needs to lose and i want Harley to be the one to do it since he is being shown as may's punching bag i really want that to stop.

Gravy
5th January 2006, 10:03 PM
people might stop posting their evolution threads.
"Grovyle evolved, so Ash's team should go all the way and have Corphish do the same!"
or
"Its not fair that Grovyle evolved, Corphish deserved it more!"

Thats pretty much the sort of thing I'm going to expect once a preview goes up with Ash odering Sceptile to perform an attack.

Eh.
On the topic of Sceptile, I'd like it if Grovyle was to kick Tropius' *** in a rematch and THEN evolve. Then in the 'Dawn of the Revival' episode, we get to see Sceptile strut its stuff. That would be the perfect scenario imo. Give Grovyle one last, totally awesome battle episode to himself, in which his personallity can really shine through and have him pull through in the fight AS a Grovyle before recieving his reward.
If you can call growing a huge needle-coated tree out of your rear a reward, that is :/

Jikkle
5th January 2006, 10:04 PM
Hmm... sounds to me like Grovyle loses to Tropius (and when I say loses, I mean LIKE TOTALLY GOT HIS *** KICKED) and the next episode he 'revives' and something happens and he evolves... :O

Would hate for the writers do this same set up again for Grovyle but juding by the title it sounds like this is what's going to happen. So for next saga we can look forward to Ash coming across a valley with a bunch of strong Sceptiles with a hot trainer that watchs over them and Ash dumping Sceptile there to become stronger and calling on Sceptile to take a cab I guess or maybe get a ride from Charizard to Ash's league battles and of course his movies :D Now if Ash can't win the next league while having a Charizard and Sceptile than the boy should really just give it up.

So who wants to put money that Sceptile learns Solar Beam when it evolves and blasts TR away with it?

Jikkle
5th January 2006, 10:14 PM
Heck with the pace BF is going maybe the next title will be

"Cyndaquil & Totodile double battle! Double Evolution?!?!?!"

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
5th January 2006, 10:26 PM
Heck with the pace BF is going maybe the next title will be

"Cyndaquil & Totodile double battle! Double Evolution?!?!?!"

Or it could be "Jikkle read the rules!!No double posting!"

I'll miss Grovyle if he indeed does evolve but the steaks are too high now. Yeah I guess I agree with many of you. Let Grovyle get beaten up bad and then get Sceptile to revive himself.

The contest episode is again one episode long. I wish there was a two parter since it's been quite a while.

DKzM0mA
5th January 2006, 10:31 PM
Gravy is right. After sootopolis, Grovyle was on a huge *** losing streak. Grovyle is an awesome pokemon, and is probably Ash's strongest pokemon on the team, and a pokemon like it doesn't derserve to leave us with a bad record. Grovyle should have a kick as* battle with tropius, hand its arse to it, and then evolve. It's better that way to me.

ghost master
5th January 2006, 10:37 PM
Also on the topic on " if its Ash's sceptitle topic. This is either its evolution episode or learn a new move episode. I hope its a new move and I hope it evolves in that tropius one. If it learns a new move I hope its part fighting. Kinda like how the writers had Charizard adapt a dragon type as well. I hope Sceptile does the same but, with fighting. Maybe detect, dynamo punch, brick break, etc., Other moves i like would be solarbeam, leach seed, dragon breath , dragon claw, synthesis.

The Benmeister
5th January 2006, 11:03 PM
Grovyle's evolution seems inevitable now but I'd be very suprised if it didn't evolve.

What's with all the contests?...how many are there in total? Are they just thrown in anywhere? Will the anonymous Pidgey be explained?

hustenapfel
5th January 2006, 11:05 PM
Ash should start training Barleef,i´m sure,it would evovle quick,because it is allready pretty strong.

ghost master
5th January 2006, 11:09 PM
What's with all the contests?...how many are there in total? Are they just thrown in anywhere? Will the anonymous Pidgey be explained?there has only been 3 confirmed ones. 2 have aired one we just got the title of. That take place in between the frontier facilities. The Harley one doesnt have to be a contest. Since Drew has had a few episodes where Drew, May and co. have some sort of adventure unrelated to any of the contests. The same could happen with Harley and it should happen. If you ask me the episode with harley will most likely be about may and harley just having an ordinary battle against each other and May chooses Munchlax to battle.

Poké_Master
5th January 2006, 11:42 PM
These title are good! I can't wait for the Contest as it features MAY!

CyberCubed
5th January 2006, 11:46 PM
What's with all the contests?...how many are there in total? Are they just thrown in anywhere? Will the anonymous Pidgey be explained?

Well May has to win 5 ribbons, but since May can lose some contests, there can be more than 5 contests.

In Hoenn we went to 8 different contests, the 5 May won, the 2 May lost, and the first one where she didn't enter.

May will probably lose at least once, so we're looking at at least 6 contests this saga. She has 2 ribbons thus far.

Then of course we have the Grand Festival which is a league-esque thing like Ash's leagues.

Poké_Master
5th January 2006, 11:48 PM
This saga could be longer than I thought. I was thinking around 460 would be the end but I don't think they will have time for that unless May doesn't enter the Grand Festival and Ash doesn't have to enter some sort of league.

Thriller
5th January 2006, 11:59 PM
I don't recall it saying "Grovyle evolves" for all we know this could mean Grovyle has a Sceptile for a rival like the whole Pikachu vs Raichu or Meowth vs Persian thing.

Still if this Sceptile is Ashs Grovyle it means Ash has a grass type chain (One grass type of each region each at a different evolution level) and people might stop posting their evolution threads.

Clue #1: Sceptile card being released. Other cards in its set signify others Pokemon. Besides the Lati@s and the Pidgey.
Clue #2: Just connect the dots from the episode titles revealed.

And where was there ever a "Meowth Vs. Persian" thing?

And people won't stop posting about evolution, atleast not I until that damn wimp shrimp grows up and gets out of Neverland.

Sharpshooter
6th January 2006, 12:04 AM
It would be funny if she lost two in a row, make a interesting climax trying to come back after a bit of a losing streak IMO. But nah probably not, she'll win one of them I suspect.

Gravy
6th January 2006, 12:39 AM
And where was there ever a "Meowth Vs. Persian" thing?
Meowth in Boots' fight against Yuriko's Persian, in which he kicked the absolute crap out of it in a rage. And of course, there's our Meowth and the fact that he despises Persians. The feeling is often mutual.

Torchic23
6th January 2006, 12:42 AM
^ Well it's not confirmed, but Grovyle probably evolves in the "Grovyle Vs. Tropius" episode. This episode is probably a follow-up that focuses on his new Sceptile.

Anyway, yet another contest? Huh? Isn't this only like only one episode after her Harley contest? How could they have another contest so soon?

Grovyle better evolve! that would be so cool! Maybe May will get a Blaziken :D

Thriller
6th January 2006, 12:50 AM
Meowth in Boots' fight against Yuriko's Persian, in which he kicked the absolute crap out of it in a rage. And of course, there's our Meowth and the fact that he despises Persians. The feeling is often mutual.

I was thinking of TR's Meowth. It never fought against the boss's Persian. But your right.

GreenKirby
6th January 2006, 12:51 AM
I don't know about you guys but I want Grovyle to <b>win</b> and not lose to Tropius. And it's about time Sceptile gets a debut episode!

Flamez
6th January 2006, 1:01 AM
Have to agree with Master~Harley I also want Grovyle to take down Tropius. I mean Tropius is one of my favorite hoenn pokemon but Grovyle is just to damn awesome. And as gravy said before this would be a great way to show grovyle's evolution a crazy battle where grovyle wins so when it evolves into a sceptile it'll have a great glory point as a grovyle. Grovyle losing to tropius and then evolving just like that would be stupid, grovyle has been one of ash's most impressive pokemon IMO and if its going to evolve make it leave with a bang.

V Faction
6th January 2006, 1:44 AM
I don't know about you guys but I want Grovyle to <b>win</b> and not lose to Tropius. And it's about time Sceptile gets a debut episode!
I Heart <b></b>

Time for Grovyle to kick some *** and take some names.

ŁańkaŃ
6th January 2006, 2:04 AM
Thing is...i actually think Grovyle is much BETTER GOOD LOOKING...(lol...i'm not in love with pokemon, and NO i won't marry one either...lol)...

while Sceptiles...big tale...isn't that very attractive...and it's top of the head..lol...

while this...ep is all about REVIAL...is what makes the ep big :D

V Faction
6th January 2006, 2:36 AM
I'm always hearing people say that. Any particular reason fellas?

Me personally, I'm a little tired with Grovyle's design. His size is pissing me off and they don't make him look as cool as he used to anymore. Time for a change in my eyes.

Squirtle_007
6th January 2006, 2:45 AM
&#191;ANOTHER CONTEST ALREADY? ... hmm ... that was fast, well ... if the writers are trying to make Shuu into another Shigeru, then I think that Haruka will win against Harley (I don&#180;t think the writers would let the marketing Pok&#233;mon loses) and loses against Shuu IF the next contest has Shuu in it.

Grovyle&#180;s evolution would make Satoshi&#180;s team looks very professional, not a begginer anymore

CyberCubed
6th January 2006, 2:46 AM
Corphish is such a rebel. ~

ghost master
6th January 2006, 3:12 AM
&#191;ANOTHER CONTEST ALREADY?And again I ask the question. Why does everybody assume the Harley one is a contest?

Me personally, I'm a little tired with Grovyle's design. His size is pissing me off and they don't make him look as cool as he used to anymore. Time for a change in my eyes. I dont understand the problem. The animators have also been known to make the pokemon look better than game art. Grovyle wasnt the coolest of pokemon when looking at game art either.

Gravy
6th January 2006, 3:16 AM
What I don't get is people hoping that the animators will make it look different from the game or official art, when its already been in the show. Granted, we didn't see as much of it as say, Blaziken in Johto, but still, I thought it was enough to base an opinion on. And its not like it was seen in a horribly animated episode either.

Squirtle_007
6th January 2006, 3:27 AM
And again I ask the question. Why does everybody assume the Harley one is a contest?

Good point ... now that I think about it ... there is no evidence in the title ... but "Rival is a Salaryman" was a contest episode and nobody expected it

Puffs
6th January 2006, 3:41 AM
I have a bad feeling that Sceptile will go the way of Primeape. Evolving after a big fight, then being released 2 episodes later.

CyberCubed
6th January 2006, 3:43 AM
Ash hasn't released a Pokemon since AG started, the writers don't do that anymore. -_-

Gravy
6th January 2006, 3:46 AM
Yeah, they'll just send it back to Oak so Heracross can chew on its sap-filled balls.

...*points to Sceptile's back*

V Faction
6th January 2006, 4:50 AM
I dont understand the problem. The animators have also been known to make the pokemon look better than game art. Grovyle wasnt the coolest of pokemon when looking at game art either.

What problem? There isn't one. I'm just a little bored of Grovyle's design/size and feel it's time for a change. Nothing harmful about that is there? Unless you're one of the types that totally shun supporters of outer cosmetic beauty!

I'm simply curious as to why most people prefer Grovyle's design to Sceptile (which I'm starting to catch on is because of Sceptile's horrid appearance). Hey, I don't care if Grovyle was evolving into a Feebas [maybe a little], it's different and new! I want Grovie to share in some of that Evo-Pie Phanpy was snacking on.

It doesn't have anything to do with Grovyle or his attitude or his losing streak. I only want what's best (*coughformecough*)

What I don't get is people hoping that the animators will make it look different from the game or official art, when its already been in the show. Granted, we didn't see as much of it as say, Blaziken in Johto, but still, I thought it was enough to base an opinion on. And its not like it was seen in a horribly animated episode either.
My guess is that people are assuming the animators are going to pull another "What You See Is What You Get!". The first Grovyle we ever saw was boring (and HUGE), but when we rolled around to darling Treecko's evolution time it had that cool, bad-boy demeanor still with it. And hey, the animation didn't hurt as well. So that's my theory, but as I've stated, it doesn't bother me if it LOOKS like a Sceptile form of Grovyle or resembles Tetsuya's more.

Yeah, they'll just send it back to Oak so Heracross can chew on its sap-filled balls.

...*points to Sceptile's back*
You may commence with your interpretations. Aaaaannnnd... GO!

Pitchi
6th January 2006, 11:38 AM
And again I ask the question. Why does everybody assume the Harley one is a contest?
That`s right. I don`t think Harely one is a contest episode.. If it really is a contest episode, the title will mention that it is. Like "Pokemon Contest!". This future episode mentions it :"Pok&#233;mon Contest! Yuzuriha Convention!!" So.. o__O

Edit:
Good point ... now that I think about it ... there is no evidence in the title ... but "Rival is a Salaryman" was a contest episode and nobody expected it

Oh yeah.. but It is quite weird that another contest episode is coming so soon don`t ya think? O_o

Poké_Master
6th January 2006, 2:38 PM
Not really. They seem to be rushing things this season and making less fillers.

CyberCubed
6th January 2006, 3:31 PM
That`s right. I don`t think Harely one is a contest episode.. If it really is a contest episode, the title will mention that it is. Like "Pokemon Contest!". This future episode mentions it :"Pok&#233;mon Contest! Yuzuriha Convention!!" So.. o__O

The Rival is a Salaryman ep didn't have "Contest" in the title.

Likewise it says "Munchlax's Battle Debut". Munchlax has already battled a lot in the show, so a "battle debut" would have to be in a contest, something where it has never participated yet.

jolteonjak
6th January 2006, 3:45 PM

...and that's a good thing!

see above.....

Lupin
6th January 2006, 5:19 PM

Like jolteonjak said.

There have always been way two many fillers in the episodes and hardly any where we saw anew capture, evolution, gym/contest episodes. The BF saga is brilliant cos we see something pretty much every other episode. There arn't any crap fillers.

Poké_Master
6th January 2006, 6:41 PM
Yeah. This season has had the least amount of fillers for the first 25 episodes:

411: Filler #1
412: Battle Factory Ep #1
413: Battle Factory Ep #2
414: Filler #2
415: Filler #3
416: Filler #4
417: Filler #5
418: Filler #6
419: Filler #7
420: Contest Ep #1
421: Contest Ep #2
422: Filler #8
423: Filler #9
424: James catches a Manene
425: Mudkip evolves
426: Ash wins at the Battle Arena
427: May receives an egg
428: May beats the Silver Town Contest
429: Filler #10
430: Battle Dome
431: Phanpy evolves
432: Filler Ep #11
433: Brock catches Bonsly
434: May's egg hatches
435: Ash wins at the Battle Pike

So only 11 Fillers for the first 25 episodes.

ghost master
6th January 2006, 10:05 PM
What problem? There isn't one. I'm just a little bored of Grovyle's design/size and feel it's time for a change. Nothing harmful about that is there? Unless you're one of the types that totally shun supporters of outer cosmetic beauty!I was refering to the people complaining about how sceptile looked. Not you.

Likewise it says "Munchlax's Battle Debut". Munchlax has already battled a lot in the show, so a "battle debut" would have to be in a contest, something where it has never participated yet. I dont think he has had a proper battle though. I believe the closest thing to a match was when munchlax learned focus punch against vileplume. That just lasted about 5 seconds though. I really doubt they would have contests so closely. Also Harley needs to be in a filler episode at least once, Drew has had a few why cant Harley? This is as a good time as any.

Pokemon Fan
6th January 2006, 10:13 PM
My guess is that people are assuming the animators are going to pull another "What You See Is What You Get!". The first Grovyle we ever saw was boring (and HUGE), but when we rolled around to darling Treecko's evolution time it had that cool, bad-boy demeanor still with it. And hey, the animation didn't hurt as well. So that's my theory, but as I've stated, it doesn't bother me if it LOOKS like a Sceptile form of Grovyle or resembles Tetsuya's more.
Indeed, the animator's have always liked making Ash's Pokemon look cooler than a typical one on the show. I mean really, who didn't think that the Charizard Ash faught in the Hoenn league was considerably less impressive than Ash's?

It should also be noted that while Tetsuya's Sceptile did get some nice animation, it never did much of what has made our Grovyle so great. It never performed the agile maneuvers that it is said to be capable of, it largely just stood still, fired Solarbeams, and weaved out of attacks using Detect. It never even used Leaf Blade as far as I know, which is bound to be far more impressive than when Grovyle uses it, which is pretty impressive. *uses Leaf Blade on TR's balloon, entire balloon is sliced in half*

So yeah, personally I think they could easily make Sceptile look awesome. Will they is another matter. One question remains though, if he does evolve will he need another new twig, or just forego the twig completely? Or maybe a branch given its new size...

JazzJazz
6th January 2006, 10:45 PM
So yeah, personally I think they could easily make Sceptile look awesome. Will they is another matter. One question remains though, if he does evolve will he need another new twig, or just forego the twig completely? Or maybe a branch given its new size...

Never thought of this before, but the whole twig gimmick doesn't seem as though it would be suited to a sceptile... but I'm sure, if the writers want it, that the animators could pull it off somehow.

V Faction
6th January 2006, 10:48 PM
I was refering to the people complaining about how sceptile looked. Not you.
Ah yes, I see now. Thank you ghost master.

So, I guess going back to the original question, any theories on why people don't want to see Sceptile show up? Besides the apparent cosmetic dislike.

It never even used Leaf Blade as far as I know, which is bound to be far more impressive than when Grovyle uses it, which is pretty impressive.
Double-bladed Leaf Blade.

Gravy
7th January 2006, 12:29 AM
425: Mudkip evolves
427: May receives an egg
431: Phanpy evolves
434: May's egg hatches
You've got to love the way these guys can create the ever impressive illusion of the episode being worthwhile JUST by tacking all the evolutions, captures and new techniques in there, right before it episode comes to a close.

*Recalls fond memories of how Marshtomp added absolutely nothing to the plot of the Love medicine episode*
Filler or not? Ooooh, thats a toughie!

JazzJazz
7th January 2006, 12:43 AM
You've got to love the way these guys can create the ever impressive illusion of the episode being worthwhile JUST by tacking all the evolutions, captures and new techniques in there, right before it episode comes to a close.

*Recalls fond memories of how Marshtomp added absolutely nothing to the plot of the Love medicine episode*
Filler or not? Ooooh, thats a toughie!

Perhaps we need a new category of episode classification... something to describe what is basically a filler, but is saved by an evolution/capture/etc. that occurs (but is irrelevant to the actual plot). Filler + development = fillopment, perhaps?

The Benmeister
7th January 2006, 12:46 AM
Perhaps we need a new category of episode classification... something to describe what is basically a filler, but is saved by an evolution/capture/etc. that occurs (buts is irrelevant to the actual plot). Filler + development = fillopment, perhaps?

How about 'non-fitting development'?

Still, at least now the writers are making something happen every so often, even if it is randomly stamped onto the end of a script.

SuperSonic
7th January 2006, 1:06 AM
I just hope the animators animate the 3rd stage evolutions of the main characters as well as they've handled their 2nd stage evolutions. Also, Sceptile is supposed to be extremely fast, and he cant lose his arborial agility, thats one of my favorite biological aspects of the Treeko line.

Poké_Master
7th January 2006, 3:06 AM
I hope, if Grovyle evolves, that Sceptile is exactly like Grovyle: attitude, twig, speed and power.

Yamato-san
7th January 2006, 3:36 PM
I think "half-filler" is the fitting term. And Gravy, are you sure the egg episode falls into this category? Haruka receiving the egg did directly connect to Haruka's interaction with the characters and participation throughout that episode. Also, two other events occured here: Gonbe learned Focus Punch, and Pikachu learned Volt Tackle (which I can't believe that list left out, given how much we've been seeing that move). And I liked the plot to that Elekid episode, personally (can't say Gomazou's evolution was that relevant, but just kinda going on your comment that the rest of the episode wasn't worthwhile).

Double-bladed Leaf Blade.

Nah. The way the leaves are designed on Jukain look as though they'd be pretty limiting.... I mean, look at how far apart they're angled. I invision that, like Juptor does now, the leaves will simple merge together and form some glowy blade thingy.

Gravy
7th January 2006, 4:25 PM
I think "half-filler" is the fitting term. And Gravy, are you sure the egg episode falls into this category? Haruka receiving the egg did directly connect to Haruka's interaction with the characters and participation throughout that episode. Also, two other events occured here: Gonbe learned Focus Punch, and Pikachu learned Volt Tackle (which I can't believe that list left out, given how much we've been seeing that move). And I liked the plot to that Elekid episode, personally (can't say Gomazou's evolution was that relevant, but just kinda going on your comment that the rest of the episode wasn't worthwhile).
Mmm, you're right. That egg episode wouldn't pass as a filler at all. Though in all honesty, Munchlax learning a new technique in those 20 or so minutes completely slipped my mind.
As far as the Elekid episode is concerned, I wasn't all that fond of it myself. Most of the episode was essentially just the characters aimlessly wandering around talking and the general plot seemed rather slap-dash to me. I dunno, maybe I'm just missing something about it that made it stand out from other fillers.

Geki
7th January 2006, 4:49 PM
Well, it looks like Grovyle is evolving after all, like I predicted!!!

Gaiash
7th January 2006, 9:46 PM
Well, it looks like Grovyle is evolving after all, like I predicted!!!
SINCE WHEN?! This is as bad as when that Crawdaunt episode was announced! Unless Serebii pops up and says "Its been comfermed Grovyle evolves" there happens to be no proof to Grovyle evolving! Grovyle evolving is a theory, NOT a fact!

CyberCubed
7th January 2006, 9:49 PM

We have a title saying "Grovyle Vs. Tropius."

We have another title saying "Sceptile! Dawn of Revival!"

Then we have those TCG promo sets that are promoted by TVTokyo. All the Pokemon there are owned by main characters with the exception of Latias (who may have an upcoming episode) and Pidgey (who someone may capture). There is a Sceptile card there.

Three seperate sources indicate a Sceptile. This is NOTHING like the Corphish/Crawdaunt thing.

It's going to happen, it's blatantly obvious.

JazzJazz
7th January 2006, 9:59 PM
It doesn't seem like anyone has pondered the second part of the sceptile-related title, "Dawn of Revival". What could this mean? I'm guessing that there could be some sort of ancient ruin/ceremony/turnip that involves sceptile and Ash's newly-acquired green monster is revered by locals.

Gaiash
7th January 2006, 10:14 PM

We have a title saying "Grovyle Vs. Tropius."

We have another title saying "Sceptile! Dawn of Revival!"

Then we have those TCG promo sets that are promoted by TVTokyo. All the Pokemon there are owned by main characters with the exception of Latias (who may have an upcoming episode) and Pidgey (who someone may capture). There is a Sceptile card there.

Three seperate sources indicate a Sceptile. This is NOTHING like the Corphish/Crawdaunt thing.

It's going to happen, it's blatantly obvious.
that doesn't make it comfermed, jesh!

ghost master
7th January 2006, 10:54 PM
It doesn't seem like anyone has pondered the second part of the sceptile-related title, "Dawn of Revival". What could this mean? I'm guessing that there could be some sort of ancient ruin/ceremony/turnip that involves sceptile and Ash's newly-acquired green monster is revered by locals. I think it may refer to one of the reviving moves such as synthesis or morning sun that Sceptile learns. Although I dont think Sceptile can learn it so probally not.

that doesn't make it comfermed, jesh first comfused and now comfermed. Although it isnt totally confirmed its really obvious. The Crawdaunt situation was very different. First Corphish didnt have an episode dedicated to it the episode before and crawdaunt wasnt in the title either. Yes, there were people who thought it would evolve but, there is a lot of evidence that points toward Sceptile unlike the Dragonair episode where all we saw was a Crawdaunt scaring pokemon away which isnt like corphish at all anyway. Also what would be the point of having the focus of an episode all on Sceptile? The focus of this saga is on Kanto and Sceptile has had a couple of episodes in Hoenn.

V Faction
7th January 2006, 11:40 PM
As far as the second half of the title goes... Didn't someone mention back a bit that it could possibly be refering to Grovyle/Sceptile's rekindled battle spirit? I'll go with that for now, but very well could be another random ancient civilization thingy. Those are more frequent than a Smeargle using Sketch.

Alfonso
7th January 2006, 11:45 PM
SINCE WHEN?! This is as bad as when that Crawdaunt episode was announced! Unless Serebii pops up and says "Its been comfermed Grovyle evolves" there happens to be no proof to Grovyle evolving! Grovyle evolving is a theory, NOT a fact!

Uh.

Most of time, it's not Joe that confirms or releases information like that on the forums. People who have special means of getting the episodes before any else (And I mean, anyone. Even before 'torrent.) like Golden Darkness usually do, or someone who knows Japanese who checks PokeAni.

To be fair though, Joe did confirm the information that May's egg evolved into an Eevee first, but that's not the issue here.

Gravy
8th January 2006, 12:50 AM
AG163

サトシたちは技の出せなくなったジュカインのためにトレーニングを行なうが、回復するようすが ないままだっ た。

[unsure of this one, though this seems to imply the Juptile evolves in AG161] Satoshi-tachi train [something about recovery] for the sake of Jukain (Sceptile), who has become unable to learn new moves.

Translation of one of 5 newley released episode synopsis.
So yeah. It is going to evolve.

Word up, I'm a class A lurker, yo!

Lil Brother
8th January 2006, 1:00 AM
Sceptile unable to learn new moves-?

Awesome. I wonder if it's a trauma thing or a freakish biology thing. Eh, either way that's cool. And have the writers themselves noticed the lack of badass? Hopefully it'll return to that. And a new move is nearly certain.

(Class D lurker. Grr.)

CyberCubed
8th January 2006, 1:07 AM
Gravy do you post under Unregistered there? There's somebody who posts there that reminds me of you, but I'm not sure if it is you or not.

Gravy
8th January 2006, 1:27 AM
I have done once or twice, but I don't do so regulary. I don't really like posting on forums as an unregistered user, seems somewhat rude ^_^;

DEMONCAMERUPT
8th January 2006, 1:49 AM
anyone else eager to see Ash with Sceptile.

IMPERIAL DRAGON
8th January 2006, 2:26 AM
That would be perfectly logical actually, because since newly evolved pokemon miraculously learn new moves upon their evolution, such as Phanpy instantly knowing earthquake and hyper beam (although don’t quote me on that, because I haven’t been rigidly astute with the anime recently) it would break the pattern for a change. So basically, Grovyle’s evolution would be the full extent of its advancement, meaning that its ability to learn new moves would be rekindled in the revival episode. Which then leads to the question of which moves…

Gravy, by the way dude, what did the other episode synopsises mention? *Is too damn lazy to find out myself*

Alfonso
8th January 2006, 2:30 AM
That would be perfectly logical actually, because since newly evolved pokemon miraculously learn new moves upon their evolution, such as Phanpy instantly knowing earthquake and hyper beam (although don’t quote me on that, because I haven’t been rigidly astute with the anime recently) it would break the pattern for a change. So basically, Grovyle’s evolution would be the full extent of its advancement, meaning that its ability to learn new moves would be rekindled in the revival episode. Which then leads to the question of which moves…

Gravy, by the way dude, what did the other episode synopsises mention? *Is too damn lazy to find out myself*

The the summeries mentioned a suggestion of May losing in the Harley contest episode, for one. (The Harley episode is a Contest episode, by the way. Confirmed that for myself I did. :p)

Oh, and Phanpy knew Earthquake before evolution: Used it in the Johto League, I believe.

Gravy
8th January 2006, 2:33 AM
AG 159
メタリカ島にあるバトルフロンティア、バトルパレスを次の目的地に定めたサトシたち。途中で立 ち寄ったポプ リ島でポケモンオリエンテーリングの存在を知り、サトシは自信満々に参加を決める。

Satoshi-tachi (Ash and co.) set out for their next destination, the Battle Palace on Metarika (Metallica?) Island. Stopping on Popuri Island on the way, they learn about the Pokémon Orienteering competition, and Satoshi confidently agrees to participate.

AG 160
ポケモンコンテストが開催されると聞いたサトシたちは、モダマタウンにやってきた。今回ハルカ は、初出場の ゴンベをパートナーにリボンゲットをめざす。

Having heard of a Pokémon Contest being held, Satoshi-tachi wound up in Modama Town. This time, Haruka (May) aims to get a ribbon with Gonbe (Munchlax) as her partner for the first time.

AG161
旅の途中で、ひょんなことからフルーツポケモンのトロピウスに戦いを挑まれたジュプトルが、ケ ガをしてしま う。

Midway through their trip, Juptile (Grovyle) somehow gets injured while challenging a Tropius.

AG162
再びリボンゲットをめざして、ユスリハ島のポケモンコンテストに挑むハルカ。そこで彼女はシュ ウにあこがれ る新米のコーディネーター、ワカナを出会う。

On her second attempt at getting a ribbon [implies that she loses the contest in AG160], Haruka takes on the Pokémon Contest on Yusuriha Island. There she stumbles upon Wakana, a rookie Coordinator who admires Shuu (Drew).

AG163
サトシたちは技の出せなくなったジュカインのためにトレーニングを行なうが、回復するようすが ないままだっ た。
[unsure of this one, though this seems to imply that Juptile evolves in AG161] Satoshi-tachi train [something about recovery] for the sake of Jukain (Sceptile), who has become unable to learn new moves.

There you go ID~
Oy, I do hope he doesn't mind me swiping his posts >>

Thriller
8th January 2006, 2:39 AM
I don't mean to burst your bubble Alfonso, but was it confirmed that she lost to Harley?

Probably after getting injured by the Tropius, Grovyle trains similar to the way it did after being beaten by Seviper and evolves and the end of it.

I'm glad Drew is coming back. I like Harley a lot but I really don't want him to fully replace Drew. I hope he has a new Pokemon (NOT Pidgey).

I wonder why Sceptile can't learn any new moves, could it be similar to the games where stone evolved Pokemon can't do the same? Yes I know Grovyle doesnt evolve by a stone but its the only guess I can come up with.

Alfonso
8th January 2006, 2:44 AM
I don't mean to burst your bubble Alfonso, but was it confirmed that she lost to Harley?

Well, Harley's in the episode, and all of their battles (Minus the Grand Festival one, which is different.) are the deciding battle of the Contest, so I imagine that yes, May must be losing to Harley. I don't imagine they would have Harley appear, be beaten again, by May, and then have her lose to some nameless nobody- Harley is always the focus rival trainer is the contests he appears in.

V Faction
8th January 2006, 2:48 AM
Ouch, did we just get hit by a bunch of sensible, plot-licious episode?! Why, I believe did! Get a medic!

There's only one bad thing to all of these great new episodes. The wait.

Thriller
8th January 2006, 2:51 AM
I just hope Harley doesn't cheaply win because Gonbe isn't very strong. I want to see a good battle here and I'm sure every other Harley fan would like it too.

CyberCubed
8th January 2006, 3:16 AM
Reading these descriptions for some of these new episodes scare me. In a good way, but jeez, I am frightened as to how some of these episodes will play out.

Will Harley really cream May and Munchlax?

Will Grovyle evolve in the first episode or the second one?

Will that new coordinator be another recurring rival? Will May be able to win a ribbon if Drew is competing, since she's never been able to beat him? (I don't see how they'd let May lose two contests in a row, so I don't know how they can do this with Drew competing, unless he loses to someone else)

This wait is going to be painful.

Gotta love the Battle Frontier arc. One minute its crap and the next minute its fantastic. We're on a roller coaster this season, it's like the writers are purposely trying to keep us on our toes.

Alastor DMc
8th January 2006, 7:41 AM
given the titles of the these episodes, I'm going to venture to guess that May will loose THIS contest to Harely, and that the Harely episode coming up will NOT be a contest. Grovle will evolve in the Tropius episode, and the Sceptile episode will be about him learning how to battle as a Sceptile (like how Bayleaf didn't understand at first that it had become bigger)

Shadowcat
8th January 2006, 8:02 AM
Actually, Shuu may not appear... (Don't kill me Contestshippers...)

It may be a person who likes Shuu, but Shuu doesn't actually appear in the Contest. Ends up that the person and Haruka become rivals and Shuu may not appear and etc...

And Pidgey? Maybe the "Haruka's rival in the Quest for Shuu's Love"'s Pokemon... Possible...

But I say 75% Chance of Shuu appearing... Nah.. 95% Chance unless the writers suddenly switch it out and all...

Sceptile not learning new moves? Sad, 'cause I wanted Sceptile to learn Slam, cool move ya' know.

crawdauntpro
8th January 2006, 1:33 PM
What I think happens is: Grovyle beats Tropius but it overburns itself out in the process and they have to get him to a Pokemon Center, in the next episode as they arrive in the next town where the Contest is being held Ash runs ahead to the Center to check in Grovyle, meanwhile May starts her Contest and Wins in the end and the episode ends with Ash watching over Grovyle and hoping he gets better. And finally in the latest episode as Ash watches Grovyle, Grovyle wakes up and smiles at Ash then Evolves and is back to full strength and begins training again.

What do you guys and gals think?
Yay/ Nay?

Alfonso
8th January 2006, 4:44 PM
Actually, Shuu may not appear... (Don't kill me Contestshippers...)

It may be a person who likes Shuu, but Shuu doesn't actually appear in the Contest. Ends up that the person and Haruka become rivals and Shuu may not appear and etc...

And Pidgey? Maybe the "Haruka's rival in the Quest for Shuu's Love"'s Pokemon... Possible...

But I say 75% Chance of Shuu appearing... Nah.. 95% Chance unless the writers suddenly switch it out and all...

Nah. It's been reported that Shuu's Seiyuu is going to be doing Shuu's role in an upcoming episode.

Jo-Jo
8th January 2006, 4:51 PM
That makes me a happy fangirl. Drew is long overdue an appearance. Ideally the ep would be a two-parter, but hopefully the levels of Contestshipping will make up for that.

Speaking of which, how crazy are the shipping forums going to be for the next month? May's feelings about Drew could potentially be settled once and for all. Say, if she does get all jealous of Wakana, would that make Contestshipping... canon? :o

Gaiash
8th January 2006, 5:28 PM
^___^ That makes me a happy fangirl. Drew is long overdue an appearance. Ideally the ep would be a two-parter, but hopefully the levels of Contestshipping will make up for that. :D

Speaking of which, how crazy are the shipping forums going to be for the next month? May's feelings about Drew could potentially be settled once and for all. Say, if she does get all jealous of Wakana, would that make Contestshipping... canon? :o
oh please, Drew will appear, doesn't mean it'll be Contestshippy, I mean I don't think that each episode will be Advanceshippy because Ash and May will both be in them, I mean really.

CyberCubed
8th January 2006, 5:33 PM
Wakana may own that Pidgey we're all wondering about, since she's suppossed to be a rookie trainer and all. I just wonder how May could win that second contest if Drew is competing.

Unless Drew ISN'T competing in that contest, and he just appears to watch in the audience or something.

Jo-Jo
8th January 2006, 6:18 PM
oh please, Drew will appear, doesn't mean it'll be Contestshippy, I mean I don't think that each episode will be Advanceshippy because Ash and May will both be in them, I mean really.
*laughs* You didn't read what I said too closely, hmm? ;) I (and many other people) think that there could potentially be Contestshipping in the ep because the PokeAni synopsis says that there will be a girl there called Wakana who admires Drew. Assuming that "admires" is being used as a euphemisim for "fancies", then May's reaction will most likely settle forever the debate over whether or not she likes Drew. So that's why I think there may be Contestshipping, not just because Drew's in the episode. Honestly, we didn't assume the Arcanine ep would be shippy, y'know.

Wakana may own that Pidgey we're all wondering about, since she's suppossed to be a rookie trainer and all.
Oooh, good idea. That would make a lot of sense. And if Wakana does own the Pidgey, it suggests that she might become a recurring character.

I just wonder how May could win that second contest if Drew is competing.
It'll likely be May vs. Wakana in the last round. I guess Drew will have to be knocked out in the first round. Hmmm, does that mean he'll lose to Wakana? O_o Woah, embarrassing.

Unless Drew ISN'T competing in that contest, and he just appears to watch in the audience or something.
Unless he's already got five ribbons, I think it's almost a given he'll be competing.

cold_katanagirl
8th January 2006, 7:00 PM
I hope Drew is competing, it's been ages since we've seen him.

About time Harley wins. Cause he needed to.

This is going to be one loooong wait.

Gravy
8th January 2006, 7:09 PM
I like the idea of Wakana becoming a recurring character actually. They could always resort to having her just miss out on recieving her final contest ribbon, thus enabling her to follow Shuu around as his little tag-along fangirl. Of course, he wouldn't be too fond of her, and neither would Haruka.
Something along the lines of a human Snubbull, 'cept with less chomping on the...erm...'tail'.

Jo-Jo
8th January 2006, 7:15 PM
I like the idea of Wakana becoming a recurring character actually. They could always resort to having her just miss out on recieving her final contest ribbon, thus enabling her to follow Shuu around as his little tag-along fangirl. Of course, he wouldn't be too fond of her, and neither would Haruka.
I like that idea. She could make up embarrassing cheerleader chants whenever Drew's onstage.

Something along the lines of a human Snubbull, 'cept with less chomping on the...erm...'tail'.
Oh, I dunno, if she's anything like the Drew-fangirls in real life... :p

CyberCubed
8th January 2006, 7:23 PM
If Wakana is recurring, I believe we found our third rival for the Grand Festival. Since it's unlikely that the writers are going to rehash the results of the last one with May beating Harley but losing to Drew, Wakana may add some flavor to this one.

I still think May will probably beat Drew at this GF, but losing to a "rookie" coordinator like Wakana seems kinda off.

cold_katanagirl
8th January 2006, 7:28 PM
Wakana is almost starting to sound like Gary's cheerleaders before they... died or whatever.

If Wakana really is Drew's obsessive fangirl, I'd prefer her to be shy. Most of Drew's fangirls seem to be "WHOMAGOD DREW SEX MEH!"... I wonder what a shy one would be like, Drew might find it adorable or something.

Now that I think about it, insert the Wakana x Drew fans before it's too late...

Hitchin_A_Ride
8th January 2006, 7:32 PM
if they are so few episodes apart betwen the two contest I will be tented to think that she will lost to harley, but with ash winning every frontier facility my hopes are really low by now

Jo-Jo
8th January 2006, 7:32 PM
If Wakana is recurring, I believe we found our third rival for the Grand Festival. Since it's unlikely that the writers are going to rehash the results of the last one with May beating Harley but losing to Drew, Wakana may add some flavor to this one.

I still think May will probably beat Drew at this GF, but losing to a "rookie" coordinator like Wakana seems kinda off.
Yeah, it is a bit funny. We know that May won't lose to Harley, and losing to Drew would be a rehash. Unless there's going to be yet another co-ordinator thrown into the mix, but IMO that'd be complicating things excessively.

In fact, if all three rivals - Harley, Drew and Wakana - are competing in the GF, then that's a big mess right from the get-go. Is May likely to have a proper, drawn-out battle with all of them? Considering the Kanto GF will likely only be a three-parter, like the Hoenn one? Usually there are only two big rivals in Ash and May's tournaments: one to beat, one to lose to. With the exception of the Kanto league, where Ash only battled one rival.

So assuming that Wakana will come back, it seems to me that one of the rivals will have to be sidelined when it comes to the GF. IMO the most likely scenarios are:

- The May vs. Harley showdown occurs in May's final contest, not in the GF. Harley is then unable to enter the GF because May snagged the last ribbon.

- Wakana doesn't get all her ribbons and only comes back in a cheerleading capacity, like Gravy suggested.

- Drew and May don't battle; he gets knocked out by someone else (Harley, perhaps? If he's made into her main opponent again, like in Hoenn, then letting him beat Drew will set him up as a credible threat).

And even with that, we're still left with the problem of who May loses to. OK, I suppose perhaps if Harley isn't in the GF, May could beat Wakana and lose to Drew, and it wouldn't be quite as big a rehash. Hmm. We'll have to see.

CyberCubed
8th January 2006, 7:37 PM
Hmm, I like the idea of Wakana not getting all her ribbons in time and just returning to be Drew's cheerleader in the GF.

After all she is a rookie coordinator, it would be nice to see someone not get all 5 ribbons for once. And then returning for the GF just to cheer for Drew on the sidelines would be nice.

But yeah, May still needs someone to lose to. And even the writers aren't THAT repetitive to make her lose to Drew AGAIN. That would be just pathetic.

Here's hoping the GF is more than 3 episodes this time then.

ChaosMage
8th January 2006, 7:57 PM
I want Drew to beat Harley, personally. The two became rivals in the GF and never really resolved it. And if new girl battles May, then we have the battles of love!

JazzJazz
8th January 2006, 8:13 PM
And if new girl battles May, then we have the battles of love!

Is there a cat-fight in the works? Doubt it, I see this new trainer becoming May's "buddy" whom she's always friends with and enjoys meeting in challenges (like Ash and Richie).

Gaiash
8th January 2006, 10:23 PM
I want Drew to beat Harley, personally. The two became rivals in the GF and never really resolved it. And if new girl battles May, then we have the battles of love!
lets not start shipping arguements (especialy if I get involved) by calling them battles of love. But you raise a good point with the Drew beating Harley, it would amusing, I don't think we've seen him lose to anyone else but May (He tends to battle nameless unimportant characters and I believe he battled Jessie, and all those battles he won).

CyberCubed
9th January 2006, 6:28 AM
Anyone hoping Harley uses Bannette to take down Munchlax? Considering Munchlax is a normal type that would be a good match up for Harley to use Bannette. It's a shame because Bannette in general get so little screentime in the show.

I seriously cannot wait to see May's reaction if she actually loses to Harley. :D I'm hoping Harley rubs his win in her face and causes her to burst into tears thus running off the Contest stage in shock and embarrassment.

If Harley really does beat May, apparently there is justice in the universe. I'm just glad the writers realized it was best not to run Harley into the ground any longer.

Is there a cat-fight in the works? Doubt it, I see this new trainer becoming May's "buddy" whom she's always friends with and enjoys meeting in challenges (like Ash and Richie).

True. May's never gotten jealous of Drew's female fans before (remember the mothers from Rubello town?) why would she start now?

Shadowcat
9th January 2006, 7:03 AM
The mothers are married... Would they marry or be Drew's girlfriend when they have husbands CyberCubed? And they HAVE Children... They call themselves "Mothers" so it's obvious...

Now... Shuu's appearing, WOOTNESS! *snags him away*

I like all of Jo-Jo's ideas. Wonder what's going to happen for the GF... More than 3 Epis please...

CyberCubed
9th January 2006, 7:11 AM
I dunno about that, the mothers all clearly blushed over Drew and fangirled him. They wanted him badly. Apparently there is no such thing as pedophilia in the Pokemon universe.

Jo-Jo
9th January 2006, 10:14 AM
I wish we could see those mothers again. They were hilarious.

MILF 1: "So... can I have an autograph?"
Drew: "...No. I don't do that."
MILFs: "Oooh, how cool! He actually turned her down!!"

Savannah: "Drew's totally incredible, isn't he, May?"
May: -_- "Spare me."

^The above quote practically demands May take a fall for Drew, incidentally. Irony, dontcha love it.

Gaiash
9th January 2006, 10:37 AM
if May get in some kind of arguement with this new girl it will be more like this

New Girl: Drew is great, he came 2nd place in the grand festival for Houen
May: you know I entered that Contest
New Girl: Really? I've never heard of you

Eddieursa
10th January 2006, 12:00 AM
Guys, in my opinion, if Grovyle finally evolves to Sceptile (something that I've waiting for a long time) unquestionably he will have to learn the Solar Beam attack. You can't be a complete evolved Grass type Pokemon without knowing the strongest Grass attack, right?. Don't you think that he will have to learn it?.

CyberCubed
10th January 2006, 12:09 AM
Wouldn't that be repetitive? I mean Ash's Bulbasaur and May's Munchlax already know Solarbeam, would they really give the same attack to a third Pokemon? It would be pretty repetitive.

Oh wait, who am I kidding? That would be the norm for this show.

ghost master
10th January 2006, 12:15 AM
Guys, in my opinion, if Grovyle finally evolves to Sceptile (something that I've waiting for a long time) unquestionably he will have to learn the Solar Beam attack. You can't be a complete evolved Grass type Pokemon without knowing the strongest Grass attack, right?. Don't you think that he will have to learn it?. Actually frenzy plant is the strongest grass move. It would be nice to see it learn it too. I would assume that by the end of the dawn of revival epi that Sceptile will learn a new move. I think he should learn a new powerful move though. I'm not a fan of solar beam especially since Bulbasaur knew it and Munchlax knows it now. I always thought Treeko/grovyle/sceptile was supposed to be different than the others. Such as the vine whip/razor leaf combo being replaced with a bullet seed/leaf blade combo. I would like to see it learn a fighting move like dynamo punch or detect, Im not much a fan of the dragon claw idea but, I wouldnt be mad if it learned it either.

JazzJazz
10th January 2006, 7:24 PM
Im not much a fan of the dragon claw idea but, I wouldnt be mad if it learned it either.

At least dragon claw would be something new and interesting... I'd love to see sceptile wielding this move.

Lupin
10th January 2006, 10:22 PM
Actually frenzy plant is the strongest grass move. It would be nice to see it learn it too. I would assume that by the end of the dawn of revival epi that Sceptile will learn a new move. I think he should learn a new powerful move though. I'm not a fan of solar beam especially since Bulbasaur knew it and Munchlax knows it now. I always though Treeko/grovyle/sceptile was supposed to be different than the others. Such as the vine whip/razor leaf combo being replaced with a bullet seed/leaf blade combo. I would like to see it learn a fighting move like dynamo punch or detect, Im not much a fan of the dragon claw idea but, I wouldnt be mad if it learned it either.

Agreed, it should get something better then Solar Beam.

Dragon Claw wouldn't be too bad, but hopefully the writers will come up with something better.

ghost master
10th January 2006, 10:45 PM
"Pokemon Contest! The Yuzuriha Convention!!"
Haruka participates in the Yuzuriha Island Pokemon Contest in another attempt to win a Contest Ribbon. There, Haruka and Shuu meet a new Coordinator named Wakana.this is what Dogasu said so it seems Drew will be in the episode as well since some people questioned whether he would be in the episode.

Dragon Claw wouldn't be too bad, but hopefully the writers will come up with something better. Yeah. Dragon claw wouldnt be bad but, it is something more expected from the writers. Also Jukain doesnt really have a powerful move. Frenzy plant wouldnt be out of the question either although only venusaur ingame can learn it it seems stupid to only have one pokemon able to learn a tutor move that is so powerful.

Gaiash
10th January 2006, 11:07 PM
Better than Solar Beam? Never! You know how much more powerfull it is in the anime, the only time I remember a Solar Beam not deafeating its apponent was Legend of Thunder (have in mind I havn't seen every episode but I know every time Ashs Bulbasaur used Solar Beam he defeated his apponent, yes Meganium counts since it was a draw meaning both Solar Beams defeated both Pokemon).

But if Grovyle does evolve (I still feel that a card isn't enough proof, it just raises possibility, its the same as the Charizard debate before the first Frontier episode aired) I essume he will get another move than Solar Beam, I mean if too many main Pokemon end up getting Solar Beam it'll be less special.

CyberCubed
10th January 2006, 11:14 PM
They say Sceptile's name in the episode summaries, what more proof do you need that it's going to evolve? It's already confirmed.

Heracross
10th January 2006, 11:17 PM
I still feel that a card isn't enough proof, it just raises possibility, its the same as the Charizard debate before the first Frontier episode aired
The difference here is that we have an episode that we know will be focused on Juputoru, followed closely by an episode with Jukain in the title. We're not basing this solely on the card. :/

Gaiash
10th January 2006, 11:20 PM
The difference here is that we have an episode that we know will be focused on Juputoru, followed closely by an episode with Jukain in the title. We're not basing this solely on the card. :/
even so I still am waiting for an actual comfermation, also isn't it abit soon for Ash to have an evolution? I mean Phanpys evolution wasn't that long ago

The Benmeister
10th January 2006, 11:23 PM
even so I still am waiting for an actual comfermation, also isn't it abit soon for Ash to have an evolution? I mean Phanpys evolution wasn't that long ago

With the rate that most of the Battle Frontier saga is currently going pretty much anything could happen at anytime. So nearly anything can be expected at this stage.

The Big Al
10th January 2006, 11:29 PM
I'm hoping Dragon Claw because Ash hasn't had a Pokemon with Dragon Type Attacks since Charizard and Sceptile being his second fully evolved starter after Charizard should get one.

Contest + Drew = May creamed. Dang it, that means Harley will likely lose his contest and be beaten for the FOURTH time.

Ashfan2006
10th January 2006, 11:31 PM
Jumping into say, I don't care what move Sceptile learns, as long as its a move I haven't seen before and can go 'cool' but that's just me.

Only I'm not going to be to hopeful of Ash's Grovyle evolving... yet. :)

Jo-Jo
10th January 2006, 11:35 PM
Contest + Drew = May creamed.
She won the Fallarbor contest, and Drew was in that one.

Dang it, that means Harley will likely lose his contest and be beaten for the FOURTH time.
The summary says something about "on May's second attempt to win a ribbon", which suggests that she loses the Harley-contest. I suppose it's possible she could defeat him and lose to someone else, but it sounds far more likely that he'll beat her.

ghost master
10th January 2006, 11:44 PM
Dang it, that means Harley will likely lose his contest and be beaten for the FOURTH time. Harley doesnt have to be in the 2nd contest. the first contest that May loses to has Harley in it and I doubt the next contest a few episodes later would have him in it.

Better than Solar Beam? Never! You know how much more powerfull it is in the anime, the only time I remember a Solar Beam not deafeating its apponent was Legend of Thunder (have in mind I havn't seen every episode but I know every time Ashs Bulbasaur used Solar Beam he defeated his apponent, yes Meganium counts since it was a draw meaning both Solar Beams defeated both Pokemon).

But if Grovyle does evolve (I still feel that a card isn't enough proof, it just raises possibility, its the same as the Charizard debate before the first Frontier episode aired) I essume he will get another move than Solar Beam, I mean if too many main Pokemon end up getting Solar Beam it'll be less special.
You do know in the synopsis of the episodes given it states that Ash has to train and help sceptile because it is unable to learn new moves. Also again I say Frenzy plant is better than solar beam.

DEMONCAMERUPT
11th January 2006, 12:11 AM
You do know in the synopsis of the episodes given it states that Ash has to train and help sceptile because it is unable to learn new moves. Also again I say Frenzy plant is better than solar beam.

Why not have it learn both then it'd be super uber powerful.

MagicBox
11th January 2006, 12:55 AM
also isn't it abit soon for Ash to have an evolution? I mean Phanpys evolution wasn't that long agoTake Brock for instance. Mudkip's evolution to Marshtomp and Bonsly's capture were 8 episodes apart. Donphan's evolution and the episode with Sceptile are 9 episodes apart. It's not too soon for Ash to have an evolution.

So, another Contest and Grovyle's evolution (99.9% confirmed). Sounds like a good pair of episodes as long as they're done right. I want Grovyle to go out in a blaze of glory, and May really needs to lose a contest. I feel like an echo, because this is what everyone else has been saying, but it's true.

Alfonso
11th January 2006, 1:16 AM
Take Brock for instance. Mudkip's evolution to Marshtomp and Bonsly's capture were 8 episodes apart. Donphan's evolution and the episode with Sceptile are 9 episodes apart. It's not too soon for Ash to have an evolution.

So, another Contest and Grovyle's evolution (99.9% confirmed). Sounds like a good pair of episodes as long as they're done right. I want Grovyle to go out in a blaze of glory, and May really needs to lose a contest. I feel like an echo, because this is what everyone else has been saying, but it's true.

9 episodes is an incredibly short time. You forgot, we're used to evolutions and captures happening 15-25 episodes apart.

ghost master
11th January 2006, 1:39 AM
9 episodes is an incredibly short time. You forgot, we're used to evolutions and captures happening 15-25 episodes apart. True but, then again there is only one episode apart from the two contests.
Why not have it learn both then it'd be super uber powerful. Well having two superpowered attacks that take a bit to launch can cause problems. Also IMO solarbeam would be a little unecesary with munchlax also knowing it.

CyberCubed
11th January 2006, 3:01 AM
They should have placed the Harley contest between the Tucker and Lucy battles. It seems odd that they placed two contests so close, even if May loses the first one.

It would have probably been better pacing to move that pointless Ranger episode to a later on spot, and put the Harley contest in its place.

Gaiash
11th January 2006, 3:23 AM
Why not have it learn both then it'd be super uber powerful.
because then it'll end up pulling a Charizard and leaving only to return for Leagues and other big battles

jolteonjak
11th January 2006, 4:16 AM
When is the Ranger coming back anyway? I thought she had 3 episodes?

Almighty Zard
11th January 2006, 4:47 AM
because then it'll end up pulling a Charizard and leaving only to return for Leagues and other big battles

you could give it every move alive, but it will NEVER come close to Charizard.

GreenKirby
11th January 2006, 4:41 PM
Wow. Harley winning AND Grovyle evolving! I'm starting to like the writers again! ^_^

GreenKirby
11th January 2006, 4:47 PM
Wow. Harley winning AND Grovyle evolving! I'm starting to like the writers again! ^_^

Gaiash
11th January 2006, 5:35 PM
you could give it every move alive, but it will NEVER come close to Charizard.
thats not what I ment by Pulling a Charizard. What I ment was it'll be released because of being so powerfull and be released. I did NOT mean he would be Charizards equal

CyberCubed
11th January 2006, 5:51 PM
And why would Sceptile have to be released because it's a third stage Pokemon?

Why can't he just ditch it at Oaks right before he heads to the D/P region?

Ash hasn't released a Pokemon since Lapras, and that was way back in the Orange Islands. I don't even know why people keep thinking Ash will release his Pokemon anymore.

Alfonso
11th January 2006, 6:50 PM
I don't see why if Grovyle evolved, it couldn't be Charizard's equal. We haven't even SEEN Grovyle doing his stuff in his Sceptile form yet, so making assumptions that he wouldn't even close to this supposed 'Godly' Pokemon that is Charizard is a little unfair.

JazzJazz
11th January 2006, 7:17 PM
I don't see why if Grovyle evolved, it couldn't be Charizard's equal. We haven't even SEEN Grovyle doing his stuff in his Sceptile form yet, so making assumptions that he wouldn't even close to this supposed 'Godly' Pokemon that is Charizard is a little unfair.

True, a lot of people seem to think that charizard is some sort of God-like pokemon and that Ash will never get another to match its power.

ghost master
11th January 2006, 8:58 PM
you could give it every move alive, but it will NEVER come close to Charizard. spoken like a true charizard fan. Man charizard fans can really annoy me. Charizard is like any other pokemon. Sceptile or pretty much any other pokemon could become as powerful as Charizard if the writers wanted them to.

IMPERIAL DRAGON
11th January 2006, 9:39 PM
In all fairness, Charizards blatant omnipotence is infamous, but not immune to improvement. Sure, I’ve always been a huge Charizard fan, but anyone who denies Grovyle’s/ Sceptile’s potential is a blind ignorant fool. There’s no such thing as undefeated in the pokemon world, so if anyone is destined to surpass Charizard, it’ll be Sceptile, mark my words.

Thriller
11th January 2006, 11:58 PM
thats not what I ment by Pulling a Charizard. What I ment was it'll be released because of being so powerfull and be released. I did NOT mean he would be Charizards equal

Those days are over.

Tailows and Torchics evolution was just 1 episode apart. Lotad & Treecko's was just 3 episodes apart. Compared to season 7, the evolutions haven't been that close apart.

And look, the show won't get cancelled if evolutions are too close apart.

Ash hasn't released a Pokemon since Lapras, and that was way back in the Orange Islands. I don't even know why people keep thinking Ash will release his Pokemon anymore.

Well he did ditch Beedrill even though he gave it to Casey.

Gaiash
12th January 2006, 12:44 AM
Tailows and Torchics evolution was just 1 episode apart. Lotad & Treecko's was just 3 episodes apart. Compared to season 7, the evolutions haven't been that close apart.
Different trainers, I said its abit soon for ASH to have an evolution, not for any other main characters.

The Big Al
12th January 2006, 1:09 AM
Different trainers, I said its abit soon for ASH to have an evolution, not for any other main characters.
considering they've been at least putting main events into just about every episode since Greta, this shouldn't be a surprise.