PDA

View Full Version : New OU team

OmastarLover
7th January 2006, 5:28 AM
Yes, its OU, and im not worried about that this time, LOL... ive just kept my principes of not using Blissey, hahahahah

Here it is, im SURE it needs adjustments, so please help me:

Jolteon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 132 HP / 180 Spd / 198 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Nothing much to say, huh?

Dugtrio (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide

Standard.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 30 SAtk / 80 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Wish

Thunder is sexy with Serene Grace and it can get an ocasional help with Rain Dance of Ludicolo. The EV's were adjusted mainly to resist Duggy's Earthquake with sure.

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 66 Atk / 192 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Spiker that works well with Jolteon (usually forces switches) Ludicolo (LOVES to force switches) and Suicune (PHazer)... Passing Substitute from Jolteon also helps to spike easily.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 180 Spd / 90 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Roar
- Surf

Well, im not sure about EVs, simply dont know what speed is good, what defenses nor SAtk, LOL

Ludicolo (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 58 Def / 96 Spd / 104 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Rain Dance
- Toxic

Pure staller to get benefits from spikes, and also support Jirachi and Suicune with Rain Dance when its possible. It might prevent Forretress from being OHKOed from some weaker fire attacks as well. But not sure of EVs too.

DemonScythe
7th January 2006, 6:40 AM
Zapdos and Raikou probles I see

and well Sweeping Ludicolo does more than stalling
use Sceptile or Celebi if you're gonna leech stall..

OmastarLover
7th January 2006, 6:58 AM
Hm, but wiyhout Ludi, i have no chance of RD support... and BTW, dont want to get both Jirachi and Celebi :/ Sceptile may be an idea... Ive had some problems with metagross

DemonScythe
7th January 2006, 7:25 AM
It doesn't really matter, I've seen people with Salamence and Metagross on the same team, and well you don't need raindance support unless its raindance team :/

OmastarLover
7th January 2006, 7:44 AM
Well, people already yell at me for using celebi, who would say for using both celebi and Jirachi :O.... Salamence and Metagross arent in the aim of those who want to banish Jirachi and celebi :)

But why do u think Celebi lasts longer or works better as a leach stalk than Ludi does?

DemonScythe
7th January 2006, 8:22 AM
Its not really my opinion, more of a fact.
Perhaps because because Celebi can has sexy defences and awesome HP
that let it take HP Bug, and with Recover, Healbell, and CalmMind
theres no ridding of it..

OmastarLover
7th January 2006, 6:30 PM
Hm... so u suggest me to take Celebi over Ludicolo? I just tought Ludi very good at the job, despite its dificult to kill Metagross and a Imunnite Snorlax, but they wont kill me without a CH so, its OK :)

BTW, im not happy having only Duggy as my main physical attacker, but im not able to switch one of the other pokes to take one like Aerodactyl into the team... i wouldnt like to use skarmory, but maybe its more wise to take it over Forry so i wont need Cune as roarer.... what do u think?

wozfe
7th January 2006, 8:40 PM
bold nature and A LOT more defences on suicune.

OmastarLover
7th January 2006, 9:51 PM
Hey, i made some Changes, and the team seems musch better now, despite its weaknesses to Fire and Rock. Ive put Skarmory over Forry so i dont need suicune to roar, and put an sweeperr moveset on Ludicolo so i dont need Suicune AT ALL. This way i put Celebi over Suicune and i have now my so-needed heal beller, and no more Swampert Weakness, nor the Ground one. See how it is now:

Jolteon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 132 HP / 188 Spd / 190 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Dugtrio (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 44 SAtk / 38 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Wish

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 18 Atk / 192 Def / 48 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Drill Peck
- Rest
- Roar
- Spikes

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 134 Def / 136 SDef
- Heal Bell
- Leech Seed
- Psychic
- Recover

Ludicolo (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 58 Def / 96 Spd / 104 SDef
- Ice Beam
- Leech Seed
- Rain Dance
- Surf

Im wondering if would be usefull to put Calm Mind over Leech seed on celebi, and Ice punch over psychic in Jirachi, so i have a pseudo-boltbeamer in Jirachi with calm mind, and Celebi with psychic so it doesnt get senseless to have 2 calm minders.

SealElement
8th January 2006, 7:33 AM
If this is truly OU, slap Ninjask in front of Jolteon and watch the other guy cry.

Ninjask @ Leftovers (M)
Jolly Nature (-SPAtk, +Speed)
Silver Wind
Baton Pass
Substitute
Shadow Ball/Agility

Silver Wind because it pwns, Baton Pass in case of real trouble, Sub to absorb Damage, Shadow Ball
to hit Gengars, and Agility if you feel lucky.

DemonScythe
8th January 2006, 7:37 AM
uh who switches gengar into jask?

OmastarLover
8th January 2006, 8:19 PM
As people said here or in smogon (dont remembber), Raikou and Zapdos do great damage on my team, and switching Ninjask over Jolt would make the trouble even bigger :O... not to mention that i have 3 pokemon weak to fire and nobody that resists, it would make a total of four... Insane weakness to fire, to be taking chances :(

BTW, why do u thnik Ninjask superior to jolt?

Brown Bomber
9th January 2006, 12:58 AM
Ninjask - isn't - superior, Jolteon is a much better Baton Passer.

HP Grass > HP Ice for Jolty, please.

OmastarLover
9th January 2006, 5:46 PM
Yeah ure right, Hiden power even dont OHKO Salamence Anyway... BTW, does HP grass OHKO Swampert?

Fluorescent Adolescent
9th January 2006, 5:48 PM
Yeah ure right, Hiden power even dont OHKO Salamence Anyway... BTW, does HP grass OHKO Swampert?

No. It usually does something like 75-85% damage ;/

aipomkong
9th January 2006, 5:48 PM

No it doesnt, it does about 80% maximum to a swampert with 401 hp / 230 Sdef which is the most common ev spread iirc.

also jolteon's hp ice really should ohko mence, unless they use sdef evs, but thunderbolt 2hko's anyway

OmastarLover
9th January 2006, 6:13 PM
Well, i have max SP Atk on my Jolteon, and it does normally ~90% to Salamences i attack, and to be able to 2HKO it, i need to have already a sub attached, and Sala not dragon danced yet :/

At least for Swampert, HP Grass should do mucho, and Thunderbolt does nothing, obviously. OK, ill go with HP grass.

BTW, is there a way to minimize the problems with fire in my team with slight changes? i tought about raising SP defense of Celebi and Ludicolo, the ones that can absorb fire damage :/

aipomkong
9th January 2006, 6:18 PM
BTW, is there a way to minimize the problems with fire in my team with slight changes? i tought about raising SP defense of Celebi and Ludicolo, the ones that can absorb fire damage :/

Ditch Jirachi as it is uneeded on this team

now stick Calm Mind/Recover/Baton Pass/Psychic on Celebi as Heal Bell is really overrated

now put Surf/Thunderbolt/Rapid Spin/Recover Starmie > Jirachi

there! Spikes problem covered, Status taking problem covered and Fire problem cobered

OmastarLover
9th January 2006, 6:50 PM
Hm, thanks THANKS for the Starmie hint, not only to solve fire problems, but also i needed a change from one of the legendaries on this team for it to compete on championships with only one legendary. BTW, i dont see, why are status taking covered?

aipomkong
9th January 2006, 9:31 PM
celebi and starmie both have natural cure, so they can take status

OmastarLover
11th January 2006, 9:51 PM
Well, u are right, but it requires Celebi and Starmie to keep switching into Thunderwaves/Toxics/WoWs all the time, what can easily degrade they're health, especially for Starmie thats built to sweep and have low HP :/

For example, WoW ruins Dugtrio, as well as TWave ruins Ludicolo :(

aipomkong
11th January 2006, 10:54 PM
recover....