PDA

View Full Version : Advice...

JazzJazz
7th January 2006, 7:12 AM
I'm well into Pokemon (manga, anime, whatever form I can get it) and have recently started getting into other manga. I've started with Shaman King (loving it) and am interesting in Beet the Vandel Buster. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend other manga titles that I may enjoy... I like the theme of "collecting", like how people collect Pokemon or Yoh "collects" spirits in Shaman King.

Oh, please note that I'd prefer to stick to "mainstream" titles.

Sorry to become a bit of a newbie... it won't happen again.

Blackjack Gabbiani
7th January 2006, 9:12 AM
Well, you might like Card Captor Sakura then, it's about a young girl who has to collect magical cards.

Skiks
7th January 2006, 7:44 PM
Try Hunter X Hunter if you enjoy the shonen type animes. =D It's about a boy trying to find his father. Sounds lame I know but if you read there are more things to this manga then meets the eye. Hunters do search for treasures at times. Though it's more of a fighting gerne.
Try the manga recommendations thread though that should help you.

JazzJazz
7th January 2006, 9:56 PM
Would you recommend One Piece... does this have the theme of "collecting" thrown in?

That Scary Clefairy
7th January 2006, 10:44 PM
There is a manga recommended thread as a sticky. Check out there for titles.

Skiks
8th January 2006, 8:03 PM
Would you recommend One Piece... does this have the theme of "collecting" thrown in?
Almost the same as hunter x hunter, collects things at times. Such as crewmates, treasure, ect. Do check the manga recomendation thread though.