PDA

View Full Version : My mates site

Guitar dude bill
7th January 2006, 2:41 PM
And before anyone asks about it being my mate's site. I'm a staff member and I got his permission. So here's the link
Breloom woods (http://www.freewebs.com/breloom_woods/)

Jetx
7th January 2006, 2:49 PM
Just stressing that he did get my permission to advertise it...

Magma Leader Maxie
7th January 2006, 5:08 PM
Personally, it's got some useful data, but it does seem like your forums are your main attraction which often tends to make the site pointless.

Here's a little something:

2. Don't use stupid JavaScript to keep me from right clicking. Don't use stupid JavaScript to make snowflakes on my screen. Don't use stupid JavaScript to have a Pikachu follow my mouse cursor.
I don't really agree with the "stupid" that goes infront of JavaScript every time, since JavaScript is often too damn useful to be called stupid, however, disabling right click using a script from dynamicdrive.com is bad.

Not only that, but displaying a message when you right click is *aaaaaaaa!* and *OMFG!*. The message variable should at least be left empty, if you really have to disable it, which you don't. Serebii, who is a lot more susceptible to art thieves, might be better off disabling it, but at least you don't get a message box. The message box is a serious maluse of the alert() function, and it tends to get on people's nerves. A lot. So if you want more visitors, get rid of it A.S.A.P.

Apart from that, it's not bad, but it will need more improvement if you care about how many visitors you get :)