PDA

View Full Version : Are these three better than GBA Pokémon games?

Char1016
8th January 2006, 9:00 PM
;249-d; I think that people enjoyed these three games more than R/S/LG/FR/E because in these three games we can explore two regions and more gyms.
Just think how popular these games will be if they were GBA games, with FR/LG graphics.;249-d;

#1 Poke Fan
9th January 2006, 1:44 AM
They would be pretty good on Advance, but its to early for a remake and the graphics with G/S/C aren't to bad, their quite good.

PikaPikaChu
9th January 2006, 2:05 AM
even if I don't play my G/S (I only own those 2), im AGAISN'T a remake of them. IMO, they are the best pokemon game. Still remake would allow connections with Advance games. But still, G/S/C had a unique concept in pokemon games. 16 gyms, 2 regions, 1 "boss" (Red), 5 legendary (6 if we count Celebi). Shouln'd this be keeped unique?

indigestible_wad
9th January 2006, 5:48 AM
It's all opinion really. Preference. Some people prefer the new games and some prefer the old games.

Double-Edge
9th January 2006, 5:53 AM
i love GSC, and for that matter, RBY

you didnt have to worry about EVs, natures, hold items

it was just pokemon.

and thats what IMO make them better than the 3rd gen games

Char1016
9th January 2006, 1:13 PM
These are pretty good the way they are but they can be better if they were for GBA.

PikaPikaChu
9th January 2006, 3:22 PM
Actually , my post was something like Double-Edge. There's MUCH more mechanics in 3rd gen games. GSC were just... train. Don't worrry about anything just train.

^ fidani, you really think this? Man, let G/S/C be ONLY G/S/C

Altmer
9th January 2006, 3:55 PM
as long as you guys aren't gunna get offtopic and discuss gay REMAKES again I'll keep this thread open

but indeed GSC > RBY > RSE > FRLG

Moonlight.
9th January 2006, 4:30 PM
How can a remake be gay?

Anyway, this series felt special to me. Maybe it's cause it was the first proper new Pokemon game that I saw come out (RBY were already out when I got in to Pokemon). It had some cool Pokemon too. *remembers when he first caught Mareep*

MaskedManAbsolkid
9th January 2006, 4:30 PM
I doubt it'd work, but if there was a remake, make it for the Gamecube or revolution. It probably won't workk for the Revo, but 3D is pretty good for these games. Do what happened in Colo/XD, make trading accessible through GBA games after the main boss is defeated (the Elite 4 in this case).

Moonlight.
9th January 2006, 4:34 PM
Meh, I like how there's a lot of colour yet little detail in GSC.

FRLG's graphics weren't that great in my opinion, so I'm not sure what'd happen if they remade GSC for the GBA.

Flame Haze SnS
9th January 2006, 11:02 PM
G/S/C are pretty much better than R/S/E. This will double the fun if you connect your G/S/C to your Stadium Battle 2 (N64).

Wyndigo
9th January 2006, 11:35 PM
The games are great, but I don't find them too much better then the new Gen.

G/S/C were amasingly expansive. (Not expensive 0_o) There was so much to explore and the world felt really open-ended. My only real complaint is that the Elite Four were too easy and there really isn't much to do once you beat RED. :P

I like the game mechanics in the new games, but of course there really isn't much to do once you beat the game. They also feel too restrictive.

.TraX.
10th January 2006, 1:02 PM
How can a remake be gay?

Did you play FR/LG after enjoying RBY?

Was it just FAINTLY noticeable they chopped out half good parts and added the boring and shitty r/s mechanics?

GSC was gaming at it's best; easy to learn but hard to master.

You try playing ingame with a monotype ghost team and NEVER losing a battle, without trading or ridiculous overleveling (eg. > 8 levels above a gym leaders pokemon) and suddenly its ALOT harder.

No other game has the 'possible yet not probable' options of gsc and thats why it is the best series games.

Altmer
10th January 2006, 3:48 PM
about the game mechanics: they definitely improved; rby was extremely glitchy.

But that is the charm of RBY, and also something you need to deal with.

Also GSC does something the advance generation can't: it promotes a battle to a chess match. In advance, there are so many Pokemon you need to be able to counter that if you forget one and your opponent happens to have that Pokemon it's a 6-0 sweep. Also due to the EV system (which DOES suck IMO) battles become much quicker. In GSC, battles last longer.

The advantage of GSC is that it can really teach you how to think strategically and how to exploit an opponents weakness or mistake. Two teams in GSC that are decently built up cannot ever beat each other unless either player is a humongous lot better than the other, or either player haxes.

remember there are three factors in Pokemon:

1) team: the construction of your team is important. No major weaknesses, no type weaks. That sort of thing. If this is done well (with proper teams, it usually is), in GSC, the teams will be very close and it could very well be a match played at the sharpest of the edge (dutch expression)

2) skill: The ability to predict and to think ahead is very important, and insight to what counters what, what damages what, type resists, and if the difference in this is too large, the most skilled will win.

3) luck: Ever had your team beaten by a lucky critical hit? Ever been paraslammed at critical moments? Blame luck. There is some luck in game mechanics, and some matches you have more than others. Some get more luck than others in some matches (you can ask Trax).

Now, in decent GSC battles, the first two are usually at about an equal level.
The third is variable. Which means that in nearly every GSC match, luck will decide who wins.

This also explains why GSC is a stallish metagame: well-built teams cannot break through each others defensive barriers. In GSC you need just that little bit of luck and surprise.

Sneasel
11th January 2006, 3:28 AM
I believe they would be better as remakes, even though I truly enjoy the way they are right now. You would be able to trade with the 3rd gen. games and they would have better graphics and music.

Char1016
13th January 2006, 9:39 PM
Actually , my post was something like Double-Edge. There's MUCH more mechanics in 3rd gen games. GSC were just... train. Don't worrry about anything just train.

O yeah, let them be how they are.

Shiny Heracross
14th January 2006, 1:44 AM
I kind of liked all 3 generations the same, each with their own special aspect.

DeoxysTrainer
14th January 2006, 1:48 AM
I like G/S/C,they were fun,stupid,and weird

intergalactic platypus
14th January 2006, 1:56 AM
The only reason I would want a remake is so the sprites could be prettified. I know that sounds shallow but it can get annoying looking at sprites with zero to no shading. However, the concept was excellent and unlike most people I don't care if Kanto was watered down, it was still there. The new EV system sucks, I prefer the first and second gen pokemon over third, and I don't like Magma and Aqua. I prefer TR by far kthx

Chilled2m7
18th January 2006, 5:41 AM
Did you play FR/LG after enjoying RBY?

Was it just FAINTLY noticeable they chopped out half good parts and added the boring and shitty r/s mechanics?

GSC was gaming at it's best; easy to learn but hard to master.

You try playing ingame with a monotype ghost team and NEVER losing a battle, without trading or ridiculous overleveling (eg. > 8 levels above a gym leaders pokemon) and suddenly its ALOT harder.

No other game has the 'possible yet not probable' options of gsc and thats why it is the best series games.

What do you mean by "chopping out half the good parts?" I thought this was supposed to be a nearly identical (besides new game mechanics) experience as RBY?

.TraX.
18th January 2006, 6:29 AM
What do you mean by "chopping out half the good parts?" I thought this was supposed to be a nearly identical (besides new game mechanics) experience as RBY?

Play rby, listen to the somewhat improved music - enjoy the unknown dungeon - avoid f---ing around with ferry tickets.

This is what I mean by RBY was a much more fun gaming experience.

DarkGirl
18th January 2006, 5:08 PM
;249-d; I think that people enjoyed these three games more than R/S/LG/FR/E because in these three games we can explore two regions and more gyms.
Just think how popular these games will be if they were GBA games, with FR/LG graphics.;249-d;
I absolutely agree, Pokemon Crystal was my favourite game. Why? Not because of the graphics, not because of the stupid little animations, not because of the TMs, not because of the music, not because of the moves, not because of the breeding, not because of the Battle Tower, but because there was much, much, much more content than any of the other games.

Flame Haze SnS
19th January 2006, 12:15 AM
If they have remakes of G/S/C in store now, they could have been sold out nationwide under 1 week, 2 weeks top? ^_^;

Aurora trainer
22nd January 2006, 10:43 AM
not to go off-topic, but i WISH they would remake yellow; it was much easier to get all three starters, and it was funny to have pika follow you.

Meganium Ex
22nd January 2006, 4:52 PM
As much as this thread is almost opinion-only, I'm gonna break down a few things to you:

Just one thing: Your opinion. Although I agree with you that GSC have all the good things and no dumb mechanics, I'm pretty sure you would want a remake if the left out the new ones (Mechanics)

but indeed GSC > RBY > RSE > FRLG
Agreed. Although I still like RSE and FRLG more then RBY :p

G/S/C were amasingly expansive. (Not expensive 0_o) There was so much to explore and the world felt really open-ended. My only real complaint is that the Elite Four were too easy and there really isn't much to do once you beat RED. :P
IMO, not only were the Elite 4 too easy, but every-single TRAINER in the game was too easy. However, Red was not bad, IMO. Also, I'd like if Ash was the boss instead, but back on topic :P

I also agree with you about after beating Red the Game is almost over. But think about it: RBY was the same thing; after you beat the leauge, catch Mewtwo, complete the PokéDex, the Game is DONE. RS about the same thing; the only thing you got to do new after you beat the Game is go to the Battle Tower. But Emerald had the whole Battle Frontier, and FRLG had the Sevi Islands

But really, to even GET to Red, you had to go through 2 regions, and your still complaining? ;)

O yeah, let them be how they are.
...Was the sarcasm or not?...0.o;;

I like G/S/C,they were fun,stupid,and weird
Sratch Stupid and Weird ;D

If they have remakes of G/S/C in store now, they could have been sold out nationwide under 1 week, 2 weeks top? ^_^;
You're completely right. Actually, they would have sold all their copies in a DAY! ;)

not to go off-topic, but i WISH they would remake yellow; it was much easier to get all three starters, and it was funny to have pika follow you.
I'd like that too. The only thing I'd like more, however, is GSC remake

And well, I'm done ;D

Char1016
24th January 2006, 9:18 AM
You did a mistake in my name, it is "fidani" and not "fidany".

Meganium Ex
25th January 2006, 11:43 PM
Heh, sorry. But it's hard writing everything in a long post with perfect grammer and no mistakes...XD