PDA

View Full Version : Pokerus in G/S/C

Jirachi X
9th January 2006, 9:05 AM
I was wondering if any of you people got the Pokerus because I recently did & I think something is wrong, because I don't get any extra stats or anything when my pokemon levels. If anyone else has gotten it, come & reasure me...

The Benmeister
9th January 2006, 8:49 PM
Recently my Growlithe caught Pokerus and spread it to my Bayleef, Pidgeotto, Jynx and Magneton. Unfortunately, I also notice that I do not get enough experience as I thought I should. Isn't it 1.5x the normal experience each time?

Mudkip of DVN
9th January 2006, 9:47 PM
No no no no no no! Experience isn't modified at all! The amount of EV's earned is doubled when you have PKRus. (At least I'm pretty sure- that's how it is in the 3rd gen., but I think it should be the same for the 2nd, too.)

Altmer
9th January 2006, 10:27 PM
experience is gained by stat experience, which is simply the base stat (for special, sp. atk is used) added to the amount you already have.

I think that's what's being doubled here.

Dark Hades
2nd February 2006, 8:34 PM
no es malo tener pokerus?????

ya que yo tengo en un pokemon pero lo tengo guardado en el pc para que no se le vaya la enfermedad

zorkmaster
14th February 2006, 11:55 PM
no esw malo. el pokerus aumenta varios aspectos al pokemon infectado, pero despues de un tiempo se va

Phreack
15th February 2006, 12:52 AM
Hey guys. This is an ENGLISH forum if you didn't know.

On topic: I thought pokerus made you get more stat experience than normal. And EVs didn't exist in this gen.

~*Pikafan*~
15th February 2006, 1:18 AM
I thought pokerus was only in the 3rd generation of games

Stardust25
15th February 2006, 4:32 AM
The PokéRus does exist in the G/S/C games, and it increases the amount of stat experience that your Pokémon gets.

In G/S/C, every Pokémon has a set of DVs. (Deter Values, which are similar to the IVs in Ru/Sa/Co/FR/LG.) DVs can never be changed, unless you use a Gameshark, and they are automatically set whenever you catch a Pokémon, or whenever you receive a Pokémon egg. DVs decide what a Pokémon's "personal max stats" are. For example, Vaporeon has a maximum Defense stat of 218. However, one Vaporeon's Special Attack stat may go no higher then 198, while another's may be 210, and another's could be 204. If a Vaporeon's Defense stat is 218, then it has maximum Defense DVs. DVs are used to decide a lot of different things, such as a Pokémon's personal max stats, a Pokémon's Hidden Power type and base power, and whether or not a Pokémon is shiny. DVs can be anywhere from 0-15, and each stat has it's own DV, except for Special Attack and Special Defense, they are combined into one DV. A DV of 15 means that the Pokémon will be able to reach it's species maximum for that stat, so a Vaporeon with a Defense DV of 15 can have a Defense stat of 218, which is the maximum for it's species. If a Pokémon has a DV of 0 for a stat, then it's personal maximum for that stat will be 30 points lower then the maximum for it's species. For example, a Vaporeon with a Defense DV of 0 will have a maximum of 188 for it's Defense stat. If a DV is lower then 15, then you subtract 2 points from the maximum stat for a Level 100 Pokémon for each 1 point that the DV is off from 15.

Here is a little chart to explain this better. The number on the left is the DV, and the number on the right is how much the Pokémon will be off of the max stat for it's species.

DV (# below max stat)

15 (0)
14 (2)
13 (4)
12 (6)
11 (8)
10 (10)
9 (12)
8 (14)
7 (16)
6 (18)
5 (20)
4 (22)
3 (24)
2 (26)
1 (28)
0 (30)

A Pokémon's DVs are completely random, except for it's DV for Hit Points. (HP) A Pokémon's HP DV is decided by the DVs for it's other stats.

If the attack DV is an odd number, add 8. If it is an even number, add 0.

If the defense DV is an odd number, add 4. If it is an even number, add 0.

If the speed DV is an odd number, add 2. If it is an even number, add 0.

If the special DV is an odd number, add 1. If it is an even number, add 0.

Now, a Pokémon's stats can keep increasing until they reached their personal maximum for each stat, the personal max stats for each stat is decided by a Pokémon's DVs, and a Pokémon reaches its personal max stats when it gets a certain amount of stat experience points. Pokémon have to get around 65,535 stat experience points to reach their personal maximum for each stat. Each stat has its own individual stat experience, and the stat experience that you gain is equal to the base stats of the Pokémon that you defeated. Because base stats are used to determine how much stat experience you gain, it doesn't matter if you beat Level 5 Pokémon or Level 50 Pokémon, because base stats never change. Because stat experience is different from regular experience, you can keep getting stat experience even after your Pokémon reach Level 100. There is a trick called the Box Trick, where you go out and fight Pokémon until your Pokémon runs out of PP for all of its moves, and then you go to a Pokémon Center, and deposit your Pokémon in a box, and then withdraw it. Depositing a Pokémon in a box will recalculate a Pokémon's stat experience, so by depositing a Level 100 Pokémon in a box, it could still see an increase in its stats if it has gained more stat experience. Keep repeating this process until you stop seeing an increase in a Pokémon's stats. If you box trick 2-3 times without seeing an increase in stats, then you can assume that your Pokémon has reached its personal max stats.

indigestible_wad
15th February 2006, 5:14 AM
On topic: I thought pokerus made you get more stat experience than normal. And EVs didn't exist in this gen.
Of course there are EVs in GSC. There were EVs in every pokemon game. If you want proof just check netbattle, but otherwise just look at each specific pokemon as they level up. The stats may change as they grow. That's one way to check a pokemon's EVs.

Phreack
15th February 2006, 3:13 PM
Umm, I think you misunderstood it. There are DVs in every pokemon game, but EVs were something new for Ru/Sa. Stardust just explained what DVs are but EV makes you increase certain stats by battling strong pokemon of that stat (For ex to increase HP, battle whismurs in ruby or sapphire)