PDA

View Full Version : This new NetBattle Metagame is scary, I miss SkarmBliss [OU Team]

Hey Micky!
9th January 2006, 4:33 PM
You got 0ma running around with his creepy Sword Dance Celi-CB Meta combo and then shitting on me with DD mence (and for those who missed it I got raped big time by 0ma just now), then I run into a CB-Tar which tore the utter **** out of me on surprise alone (I had been led to believe Boah is dead and DD-tar reigned supreme >>). So yeah, it's a new age, SkarmBliss is a faded memory, people use Destiny Bond on their Gengar's, Salamence doesn't use CB and 0ma's still raping me like the new inmate in prison, fix the **** out of my team and bring it up to the new era of online pogeymonzing.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 124 HP / 176 Def / 158 Spd / 52 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt
Good old Zappy. Not much to see here, in the old days it used to have 300 Speed for the predictable CB mence leads. I haven't seen a single CB mence since my return, nor have I seen any lead. The growth in Regice popularity doesn't help matters either. The set is designed to receive a couple of Cms from Celi and generally sweep or stall with Rest-Talk. Absorbs sleep status for the team.

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 82 SAtk / 176 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Charm
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Wish
Charm is awesome on this thing, again, the new Regice craze complete shits on me, but Lax still seems popular enough to make Charm still cool. Using this guy as Wish support for Starmie, Hera and Meta.

Heracross (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 140 Spd / 118 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brick Break
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Megahorn
The age of CB Hera doesn't seem dead either. The guy still shits on things. Gave him enough speed to outrun max speed Maggy/Meta, I don't see the need for Max speed on an Adamant 'cross for the sake of outrunning people who didn't give their DD-mence an extra 24 Speed EVs...

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 78 HP / 150 Atk / 10 Spd / 96 SAtk / 176 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Substitute
- Thunderpunch
When it gets a CM pass from Celi TPunch is quite nice for Water type switch ins. Swampert totally rapes me though. Skarm still seems popular though. Sub is quite fun for incoming statuses and stuff but should probably drop this set altogether.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 242 HP / 60 Def / 152 Spd / 56 SDef
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Recover
CM-passes to Starmie or Zappy. In the good ol' days 300 speed meant it could jump to Zappy before a CB HP Flying.. again, dead.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 42 Def / 216 Spd / 252 SAtk
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
Duno if I need Recover with no Bliss to play stall games with, although I do miss it. On the other hand hitting Celi with Ice Beam on the switch is awesome =S

----

Anyway, this team is living in the past. SkarmBliss died along time ago and with it went the McGar and BoahTar, 2006 my team for me kthx before I just get ****** off and make the age old stall team to be **** on by someone else living in 2005 running around with a McGar or Boah >>;

Current trail of thoughts is to drop Vappy altogether in favour of a solid special wall *cough* Regice */cough*, change up Meta or drop him as well, ditch Starmie completely and change or ditch Celi. Zapdos seems to be the heart of my team still, despite being rather out dated.

Edit: Cleaned up typos.

Fluorescent Adolescent
9th January 2006, 4:39 PM
Whatever happened to HP Grass on zappy ;-;

Hey Micky!
10th January 2006, 4:26 AM
Whatever happened to HP Grass on zappy ;-;
Celebi shitting on CM Pass :D

blazemxx
28th March 2006, 2:38 AM
for metagross, you wasted 2 ev's on hp and 2 on speed making 4 ev's.

9voltdude
28th March 2006, 2:46 AM
hmmm... I might have to try some of these out (I have already used a few of these sets before).

DragonDance
28th March 2006, 3:13 AM
What does that have to do with Rating the thread? I guess Toy is right.

You really need a (P)Hazer. Mabey Weezing > Vappy imo.

9voltdude
28th March 2006, 4:43 AM
holy crap, I tryed out the charm vaporeon and it is very good

SpaceFlare
28th March 2006, 10:21 AM
Watch out for Dugtrio. They run all over the place now and trap Celebi and finish it off with HP Bug. Heracross can also be trapped after sacrificing one pogey and then switching in Duggy for the Aerial Ace Hera overkilling.

Hey Micky!
28th March 2006, 11:30 AM
I don't even NB anymore and this thread is 2 months old.

/Closed

And yes, Charm Vappy is f-ing awesome, ^5 for 0ma.