PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Mythic Proportions

klducks
9th January 2006, 11:52 PM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/onslaught/mythic_proportions.jpg
Mythic Proportions - Onslaught. Rare
4GGG: Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +8/+8 and has trample.
The blood of Krosa turns rational beings into primal forces.

Pretty half and half card.

pros: gives a creature +8/+8, trample, for only 7.
cons: enchantment with GGG in it's cost and requires you to have a creature.

Can be pretty cool on a creature with double strike. On a creature like Troll Ascetic who can't be targeted would put this card into good use. If you have enough mana, this should be worth it. However, it is an Aura.

The Duck's Rating: 2/5

mindripper
10th January 2006, 12:35 AM
You know, this card pretty much blows, and everyone on this thread knows it. 7 mana for a clunky enchantment is way too much, and it does not even have the "I win" factor that some enchantments have. That siad, I am partial to this card in a way. Those who know me know that I used to play rector-bullets, and this card pretty much sits in my SB, a single copy. I had so many uses for this card it was not funny. Example: turn 1, llanowar waste(extended, no duals!), BoP. Turn 2, lay a forest, and cast Nantuko Husk. Turn 3, cast academy rector. beat with the Husk, and sac the rector to make it 4/4. Take the mythic proportions from your deck, and make BoP a 8/9 flier! I used to do that against decks like RDW. Things get even better when I get a third turn Akroma, and then slap mythic proportions onto it. Woo! When I SB in Phantom Nishoba against Reanimator at times, things get even better. Reanimator plays with phantom nishoba as well, and for example they get one out and attack in turn 4, and I block with my own. I then sacrifice a rector to get mythic proportions and dump it onto Nishoba, gain of 15 life at once. And then the nishoba tramples its way to victory.

Yup this card is sueless on its own, but when a deck exploits it ruthlessly, it begins to take on some usefulness.

Shadow Trainer
10th January 2006, 6:46 AM
It's nice that this card is an enchant creature and not an instant or sorcery and the effect is decent, but not for seven mana. 2/5

Shadow the Hedgehog
10th January 2006, 3:18 PM
2/5. Even in accelerated green this won't work all that well. I remember my friend has one that gives +7/+7 and trample to all of their creatures for one turn. And I believe it was cheaper than this. I would probably like this better if the creature equipped with this wasn't screaming "Hit me with a terror"

klducks
10th January 2006, 5:30 PM
2/5. Even in accelerated green this won't work all that well. I remember my friend has one that gives +7/+7 and trample to all of their creatures for one turn.
Overrun? it's +3/+3, not +7/+7

Shadow the Hedgehog
10th January 2006, 7:34 PM
No. It's something else and it might not give trample. I'll ask him when I see him next. I just remember it was a pain to get hit by.

mindripper
10th January 2006, 7:51 PM
You are probably referiing to Vitalising Wind from Prophecy. gives +7/+7, but no trample.