PDA

View Full Version : Which shipping seems most logical?

Kabuto
10th January 2006, 1:23 AM
Which ship do you think is most likely to happen (not your desires)?

intergalactic platypus
10th January 2006, 1:25 AM
How bout none? This is pokemon after all. But I wouldn't be fully suprised if Oak became Ashes stepfather, or if Brock finally found a girl

Meganium Ex
10th January 2006, 3:11 AM
Meh, next time try to make it multiple choice :)

BTW, I choose OrangeShipping...(Reason is for the loads of hints left in the Hoso's)

Shego
10th January 2006, 3:27 AM
I decided that Kissshipping would occur. Even they do got separated, Ash,and Melody always have each other in their hearts.

Meganium Ex
10th January 2006, 3:29 AM
Heh, maybe Ash and Meledy DO have a chance...:)

Kveran
10th January 2006, 3:39 AM
Judging by the nature of the show, I actually would have to say that Eldershipping might be likely.

Black Murder Heavangelon
10th January 2006, 3:50 AM
Being a hoennshipper, i have faith that May and Brendan HAVE met before. so, i have faith. can't say the same for others except for certain ones...

Magus
10th January 2006, 4:06 AM
BTW, I choose OrangeShipping...(Reason is for the loads of hints left in the Hoso's)
Loads of hints? Did we watch the same Hosos? The closest thing to a hint occurred solely in the mind of a third party, and wasn't even imagined by that character as a real event.

CyberCubed
10th January 2006, 4:28 AM
Logical as in "Which will definitely become canon?"

Well seeing as how some characters won't be on this show forever, you can rule off certain ships in that regard. Out of all those ships I only see maybe 2 of them actually being without a doubt "declared" in the show, the others all have various problems of their own.

Heracross
10th January 2006, 4:57 AM
Well of course, everyone is going to have some degree of bias towards the ships they favor as to which make the most sense. As far as shipping is concerned, 'logical' is fairly relative.

Anyway, to answer the question, I don't think any main character will ever become truly romantically involved in the show, but as far as hints and such go, I would have to say Rocketshipping has the most going for it. Maybe not so much as of late, but it's still quite an obvious fact that Musashi and Kojirou are very close friends.

And there you have my own little piece of bias. ;p

Kenta99
10th January 2006, 6:56 AM
I picked other.
Questshipping is my choice.
The writers set it up, even caked it with Kenta getting her Pokegear number after the credits. So obvious.

Magus
10th January 2006, 7:40 AM
Good point. And since we'll probably never see them again, there'll never be anything in canon to contradict Questshipping.

Mamoru
10th January 2006, 9:16 AM
And nothing to confirm it either.

Of the listed ships, I'd have to go for PokéShipping at this point, with its long established backstory, and evidence of continuation of Misty's feelings.

LuckShipping (Or PikeShipping, as it's called here. Things are going to be confusing for a while, until everyone agrees which of the 4 rival names to use) is interesting, but it's too early yet to come to a conclusion there. We need her to show up again, or for Brock to stop thinking about other women.

ContestShipping has some establishment, but it's nowhere near the level of PokéShipping, so I can't vote for it. The same goes for ElderShipping.

Meganium Ex
10th January 2006, 12:56 PM
Loads of hints? Did we watch the same Hosos? The closest thing to a hint occurred solely in the mind of a third party, and wasn't even imagined by that character as a real event.
Well, IMO I think there were quite a few hints, and this isn't a debate thread :rolleyes:

Also, QuestShipping can have a chance, like Kenta99 said...I think

Toran Frostbite
10th January 2006, 1:53 PM
Ick. Well, since there's no 'none' choice, I picked Orangeshipping. Why? Not because I'm a fan, not because of any particular reason, and because you threw up the nevermet shipping Hoennshipping (where's the Gym and Rocketshipping? the Eldershipping?! Hoennshipping shouldn't be a choice!), so I'm allowed to have an opinion. So there. XP

High Commander Solomon
10th January 2006, 10:59 PM
I don't know what version of "logical" the poll means. For example, Advanceshipping may be "logical" based on the personalities of the characters but Contestshipping may be more likely to happen.

Ketsuban
10th January 2006, 11:04 PM
The most likely ship is SeasonShipping, Almond and Hazel. There ARE no likely ships in the anime.

articuno_trumps_all
11th January 2006, 12:13 AM
Clearly, Leagueshipping is the only Ash-opt that has a chance of becoming canon.

Black Murder Heavangelon
11th January 2006, 2:16 AM
Clearly, Leagueshipping is the only Ash-opt that has a chance of becoming canon.

uh, not trying to sound rude or anything, but don't you seem to be a bit TOO obsessed with this ship? i mean, this anime is directed towards children and i don't think the creators would let a yaoi couple become canon in the series. '

P.S. i apologize for the little "incident" that happened back at a forum i will not detail it's name at.

Kabuto
11th January 2006, 2:18 AM
Leagueshipping is 99.9999% impossible. Feel free to dream but try containing yourself ^__^. Anyway Pike shipping seems most logical as much as I oppose it.

taitofan
11th January 2006, 2:38 AM
You know what? Leagueshipping is about as plausible as anything else you can think of. Why? Cause it's doubtful that anything will become canon. Right now, I'd say contestshipping has the most going for it, but even that may be dashed away in a few weeks. Thus, I'm saying other, as it's the closest to "none." One-time characters and parents seem to be the only ones getting any loving.

Besides, this is an opinion poll, and if Arti thinks leagueshipping is the most logical, than respect his opinion. =/ Logical is a fairly realive word anyways, as others have pointed out. What's logical to you might not be to me, and vice versa. For example, I think RobertHaruka is logical, but I know it'll never be canon. And just because something becomes canon doesn't mean it make sense.

The Red Butterfly
11th January 2006, 2:41 AM
I think Contestshipping makes most sense because May nd Drew have a lot in commom, both want to be coordinators and they do seem to really like eachother (Expecially on drew's side) Also Pokeshipping, they already put in a lot of hints so it would be wrong to just drop all the material out of nowhere

articuno_trumps_all
11th January 2006, 9:09 AM
uh, not trying to sound rude or anything, but don't you seem to be a bit TOO obsessed with this ship? i mean, this anime is directed towards children and i don't think the creators would let a yaoi couple become canon in the series. '
Ummm. Pokemon is pretty damn homosexual thank you. And the reason why I like the ship is because it is the most logical. End of story (we actually have hints) LOLZ.

Seijiro Mafuné
11th January 2006, 6:00 PM
You want logic? How about the one with the chick who fell in love with everyone and that doctor? Or the chick who died and the guy who she fell in love with? That's logical.

Shego
12th January 2006, 11:07 PM
You want logic? How about the one with the chick who fell in love with everyone and that doctor? Or the chick who died and the guy who she fell in love with? That's logical.

http://www.toonmasters.hpg.ig.com.br/entretenimento/18/Animes-Cartoons/Pokemon/Episodios/Pok-Ep-198.jpeg

You mean, Temaku? The woman who in love with Brock,James,and then the doctor?

Seijiro Mafuné
13th January 2006, 12:20 AM
Yeah, her. Didn't remember her name then.

Hakajin
13th January 2006, 6:33 AM
Well, of course I'm going to choose Pokeshipping. I know it's not supposed to be based on preference, but for me, it's impossible to tell if it's really all that more obvious than any other or if I've just managed to convince myself that it is. But I think it was really obvious in Kanto, even more so in the Orange Islands. They were always arguing, and Misty made a whole bunch of remarks, and there was a little jealousy. It was pretty solid, whether it still is or not.

Mysty
13th January 2006, 6:42 AM
I may be partial, but Eldershipping is a pretty safe bet. It's just logical. Oldercharacters tend to get together.