PDA

View Full Version : Trozei sprites as avatars!

Kaimorse
10th January 2006, 4:04 PM
Could we please have Trozei sprites as avatars? That would be cool. Who's with me?

-:Buro-kun Tsubasa:-
10th January 2006, 4:15 PM
I am, That'd be cool, but we can't get them yet.

MaskedManAbsolkid
10th January 2006, 4:16 PM
No, they're too small, resizing them will make them worse. Besides, if they wre going up, wouldn't the smilies have been there first? I'd hate them even more if they were smilies.

Kaimorse
10th January 2006, 4:20 PM
I am, That'd be cool, but we can't get them yet.

Yes we can, they are all on the serebii.net website, in every Pokemons' dex entry.

Yellow Bommen
10th January 2006, 4:48 PM
No, they're too small, resizing them will make them worse. Besides, if they wre going up, wouldn't the smilies have been there first? I'd hate them even more if they were smilies.

I agree, the'ye WAY too small, so they wouldn't look good as an avvy... ^^;
I want some more manga avatars instead. From Pokemon adventures. >=3

Kaimorse
10th January 2006, 5:24 PM
They're about the size of a Cascoon/Silcoon sprite. So they should be avvies!

RaZoR LeAf
10th January 2006, 5:25 PM
Serebii has considered putting appropriatly typed pokemon on each skin as a replacement for these:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif / http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

Personally I think that would be a much better use for them, and then the icons would blend in with the skins a lot better.

Kaimorse
10th January 2006, 5:34 PM
Serebii has considered putting appropriatly typed pokemon on each skin as a replacement for these:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif / http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

Personally I think that would be a much better use for them, and then the icons would blend in with the skins a lot better.

Good idea! Wish I'd thoughta that...

MaskedManAbsolkid
10th January 2006, 5:50 PM

I thought you meant we could choose between all 386, but it's still a good idea.

Ilex
14th January 2006, 6:35 AM
Despite being small, they would still be very popular imo. There are already avatar nearly as small as them.

I know I would use them anyway, because Oddish Torouze Sprite = <333

Volteon
14th January 2006, 8:54 PM
cool idea, then we can freely put them in the sig!

DragoonS
14th January 2006, 9:09 PM
i don't think that will be nice.

they wont take place of an avatar like we use

zonic the hedgehog
14th January 2006, 10:55 PM
Umm, THEN RIP THEM. XP

Although I'd totally be doing that right now if I had a functional DS emulator...

RaZoR LeAf
15th January 2006, 1:20 AM
You can already put them in your sig. Scroll up, Artemis has them right there.

http://www.serebii.net/torouze/pokemon/160.png

Just replace the last number with the pokemon's national number.

http://www.serebii.net/torouze/pokemon/071.png Poor Victreebel, that's just obscene...

Iveechan
15th January 2006, 3:12 AM
There's nothing amazing about the Torz-whatever sprites. They're all round and misformed.

intergalactic platypus
15th January 2006, 5:03 PM
I do want Serebii to replace the Celebi icons with Trozei sprites for each respective skin though. That would be a great use for them

indigestible_wad
15th January 2006, 8:58 PM
Do you know how much bandwidth that would take? How many skins we have already times 386, that's a lot of different skins. More if there are more than one unown and deoxys.

intergalactic platypus
15th January 2006, 9:13 PM
Thats not what I mean though. Just a different marker for each skin, like Misdreaveus for the ghost type skin or Slugma for the fire type skin. RaZoR LeAf himself said serebii was considering that

Blaziken Trainer
15th January 2006, 9:56 PM
Doesn't interest me, but I guess it wouldn't hurt...

AV_ROcK-Dark-TB
16th January 2006, 7:19 PM
I'd love to change the celebi icon for eny pokemon from Trozei nice idea:)
but as an avatar to small-__-

Controller of Flames
16th January 2006, 11:32 PM
They're about the size of a Cascoon/Silcoon sprite. So they should be avvies!

No there about 1/4 smaller.

MidnightScott
16th January 2006, 11:34 PM
I don't really care - all I can say is that it gives people more choices then the 5 billion choices they already have, lol.

~Scott;229;

Torchic23
16th January 2006, 11:35 PM
hmmmm, That sounds like a good idea. Maybe have them in a section like the R/S sprites [not IN that section]. I'm also looking for new Torchic avatars

Wolf Goddess
16th January 2006, 11:42 PM
No. They're too small, and very few people would use them. I do like the idea of having corresponding Pokémon on the different type skins, however.

Serebii
17th January 2006, 1:09 AM
The problem is, picking just one pokemon for each type without angering people

Ethereal
17th January 2006, 1:12 AM
Since when do you care about angering others? :P

Seriously, though. Just pick whatever Pokemon you feel would look best on each skin. I'm sure most people would be satisfied. :)

Wolf Goddess
17th January 2006, 2:01 AM
The problem is, picking just one pokemon for each type without angering people

Could have a poll with limited choices.. I'd just stick with the starters, legends and Eeveelutions myself; they're the most popular. Like for the water skin:

Squirtle
Wartortle
Blastoise
Totodile
Croconaw
Feraligatr
Mudkip
Marshtomp
Swampert
Suicune
Kyogre
Vaporeon

Or, if you don't want to go through the trouble, we could just use the results for Type Face-Offs...there's pretty much one for each type anyway, and for the contests, too.

Ethereal
17th January 2006, 2:04 AM
And to make it easier, we (read: the staff that's not Joe) could tally the results ourselves, so we can get the ball rolling even quicker. ;/

Wolf Goddess
17th January 2006, 2:12 AM
Agreed. Just give the word, Joe, and we'll get the ball rolling. :O

Fox
17th January 2006, 2:37 AM
Ball? Where? :D

Ahem...

Another option is to use two Pokemon per Layout. One to symbolize offline/inactive, the other to symbolize active/online. Something like "lesser evolution" = offline/inactive, and "higer evolution" = online/active

Examples:
Charmander/Charizard
Houndour/Houndoom
Skitty/Delkatty
Koffing/Weezing
Dratini/Dragonite
Abra/Alakazam
Squirtle/Blastoise
Pidgey/Pidgeot
etc
etc
etc

Each type, no matter what it is has a Pokemon with a lesser and higher evolution within that type. For those who probably can't think of a Steel one, try Beldum/Metagross :D

Ethereal
17th January 2006, 2:39 AM
^That's an even better idea.

But, without Joe's "OK", we can't do anything. T_T

Fox
17th January 2006, 2:43 AM
lol... This is essentially going to create the Ultimate Pokemon-type face-offs
[/notreallycontributingtothetopic]

um... *tries to think of a way to make this not SPAM...*

Oh, and what I said will also let more Pokemon be used than if it were a single Pokemon that would be normal/dull.

Not to mention, it'd eliminate the Legendaries from being too overused around >>;

Wolf Goddess
17th January 2006, 11:29 PM
Also, are we going to do these for the game skins as well, or just the type skins? Because if we're going to use Charizard and Venusaur for the Fire Red/Leaf Green skin, we won't want them for the Fire or Grass skins.

Serebii
18th January 2006, 12:02 AM
Ball? Where? :D

Ahem...

Another option is to use two Pokemon per Layout. One to symbolize offline/inactive, the other to symbolize active/online. Something like "lesser evolution" = offline/inactive, and "higer evolution" = online/active

Examples:
Charmander/Charizard
Houndour/Houndoom
Skitty/Delkatty
Koffing/Weezing
Dratini/Dragonite
Abra/Alakazam
Squirtle/Blastoise
Pidgey/Pidgeot
etc
etc
etc

Each type, no matter what it is has a Pokemon with a lesser and higher evolution within that type. For those who probably can't think of a Steel one, try Beldum/Metagross :D
I love that idea, I was going to edit them for shiny & non shiny like with the celebi's but thats much better

And for invisible online which only we see or the user who is invisible sees, if theres a middle evolution we do that...if not then I'll just make it glow or somethin :p

Wolf Goddess
18th January 2006, 12:14 AM
And for invisible online which only we see or the user who is invisible sees, if theres a middle evolution we do that...if not then I'll just make it glow or somethin :p

Or do the shiny thing for that.

xXFallenButterflyXx
18th January 2006, 12:43 AM
I really don't care about any Trozei avatars. (But to me, the Trozei trainer sprites are HORRIBLE.)

*shrugs*

We already have like... over one hundered avatar choices.

~;173; Fallen

Volteon
18th January 2006, 2:06 AM
I love that idea, I was going to edit them for shiny & non shiny like with the celebi's but thats much better

And for invisible online which only we see or the user who is invisible sees, if theres a middle evolution we do that...if not then I'll just make it glow or somethin
yes, it&#180;s awesome!
but... we have no 3 stage pokemon in dark type.
so the glowing is more possible.

Fox
18th January 2006, 8:11 AM
I really don't care about any Trozei avatars. (But to me, the Trozei trainer sprites are HORRIBLE.)

*shrugs*

We already have like... over one hundered avatar choices.

~;173; Fallen
Actually, the count is around 4075 give or take about 5. [/useless fact]

MaskedManAbsolkid
18th January 2006, 3:30 PM
yes, it´s awesome!
but... we have no 3 stage pokemon in dark type.
so the glowing is more possible.

Some of the ones Fox named were 2 stage pokemon. Houndour/doom can be used, and besides, there's only one pure dark type like, and that's Poochyena/Mightyena. I was hoping for Sneasel, then I realised Manyula had no Trozei sprite.

RaZoR LeAf
18th January 2006, 4:38 PM
Well even if they are invisible, their still going to be online or offline, so why not just make is pale/black and white like the current invisible icon is.

MaskedManAbsolkid
18th January 2006, 5:24 PM
Thanks for changing them, I just noticed, brilliant!

Volteon
18th January 2006, 5:29 PM
XD I&#180;m seeing a lot of pidgeots around my page!
my mother has problems with pidgeons near my house.
Awesome idea! *trows confetti!*

Serebii
18th January 2006, 5:30 PM
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=2658829#post2658829

:) Sorry there was some transition time but I cant get them all up simultaneously

Volteon
18th January 2006, 5:51 PM
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=2658829#post2658829

:) Sorry there was some transition time but I cant get them all up simultaneously
and........ what about those sprites as avatar (like the title says)?
just answer then you might close this thread, because the off topic here were incredible (in a good way)!

Ethereal
18th January 2006, 7:49 PM
Heh, cool. These look awesome. A lot better than them stinkin' green onion Pokemon. :P

*thumbs up*

Bulk
18th January 2006, 8:05 PM
There cool. Nice decision, much better than using them as avatars.

Missingno. Master
19th January 2006, 6:35 AM
They are NOT too small to be avatars. If I may remind you all, there are Pinball R/S sprites in the avatar selection that are smaller than the trozei sprites. I do like the changes to the styles, though. I was getting tired of seeing Celebis everywhere.

Kaimorse
19th January 2006, 6:50 AM
Wow! The Trozei sprites are cool! Look what my idea of having them as avatars turned into.