-Body Slam
-C-Ray
-Moonlight
-Screech

i dont like the taunt or the cursebreon ****...its boring

any suggestions??

Brown Bomber
11th January 2006, 12:38 AM
Ugh, that Umbreon SUCKS. Body Slam will do nothing with 65 base Attack and no STAB, you can merely switch against C-Ray and Screech.

Use Taunt Umbreon, wish-passing Umbreon, TAUNT-Toxic Umbreon, or Curse Umbreon. Those are the only good sets. Use those or don't use Umbreon.

EDIT: This isn't Rate My Moveset, it's RMT, you should post a team.

Tazzler
11th January 2006, 1:49 AM
NO. No, just no.

~Taunt
~Wish/Moonlight
~Baton Pass
~Mean Look

~Curse
~Mean Look
~Taunt/Wish/Moonlight
~Baton Pass

Redd
11th January 2006, 3:50 AM
it really does work i just used it the screechs make it strong and it works wonders

Freakshow
11th January 2006, 4:03 AM
Substitute Skarmory will totally wall it like nothing else...and Metagross/Regirock laughs

Redd
11th January 2006, 4:41 AM
well than i siwtch

klducks
11th January 2006, 4:52 AM
Substitute Skarmory
Who the hell uses substitute on Skarm? =\

Freakshow
11th January 2006, 5:00 AM
Who the hell uses substitute on Skarm? =\

People who gets bored on using rest or wants magneton switchin protection.
Like me

chaos952
11th January 2006, 5:30 AM
People who gets bored on using rest or wants magneton switchin protection.
Like me

Having a Substitute up while Magneton comes in is just delaying the inevitable, as you still can't switch out. This is why Substitute on Skarmory is pointless.

Hey Micky!
11th January 2006, 9:01 AM
Having a Substitute up while Magneton comes in is just delaying the inevitable, as you still can't switch out. This is why Substitute on Skarmory is pointless.
*cough* Roar *cough* Apparently Sub blocks Rapid Spin now as well so Sub Skarm > Spin Phan. That and Sub-Skarm screws up Wisp 'zing & 'clops if they lack Fire Blast/Bolt or Seismic/Shade respectively.

The EVs on that set are WAY too simplistic for the record. That set doesn't accomplish much either, you might get a surprise para from a Body Slam but it won't take too many turns for your opponent to catch on to you and just set up a Sub. Topped with how Screech will have 0 effect on Pokemon with Clear Body (Regice and Meta for example, both icnredibly popular) you're working on a 30% chance of parafusion. The set in general seems too chance-based, if you wanted to play with Para-fusion Umbreon isn't the one to be doing it with.

Redd
11th January 2006, 9:10 AM
well back to the point of my original post...maybe i could put mean look it the mix

-body slam/mean look
-c-ray
-screech/mean look
-moonlight/mean look

Infinity
11th January 2006, 10:17 AM
Look I annoyed half of this forum here with my "Haxbreon" set and it had 3/4 of the moves this has, but I'll be honest it sucked, I just wanted to annoy some people.

Umbreon with Base Attack of 65 and SpAtk of 60 is not meant for attacking head on. Mean Look and Baton Pass are deadly and Umbreon does not die quickly so it can support those moves. Try going on Netbattle with that set that you have, it will not work, no offense, but this is worse than the Haxbreon set.

In short if Umbreon is going to work at all in the metagame it needs Mean Look and Baton Pass. A healing move is always nice and the fourth is up to you, but I recondmend not having it attack. Without Mean Look and Baton Pass Umbreon would be at best UU/BL, it needs them above anything else.

Redd
11th January 2006, 11:41 AM
i have already used this set and it can work......true they can switch if i dont have mean look but if it comes to their last pokemon screech and body slam do work together in a 1 v 1 battle without switching my umbreon will win.....unless its skarm or metagross or some1 their type but i can rely on confusion if im lucky ;]

Hey Micky!
11th January 2006, 1:16 PM
i have already used this set and it can work......true they can switch if i dont have mean look but if it comes to their last pokemon screech and body slam do work together in a 1 v 1 battle without switching my umbreon will win.....unless its skarm or metagross or some1 their type but i can rely on confusion if im lucky ;]
Redd, if it comes down to their last Pokemon you've probably won. And if it comes to a point that Umbreon is your last Poke and they're down to their last as well, you've done something wrong.

"1 v 1 battle without switching my" < you're in the wrong server if you ever end up in an agreement of not switching. 80% of the battle is switching, why do you think Spikes can become so deadly? =S

"i have already used this set and it can work" < there's also Brazilians with 100% ratings. Beating random people means jacksh*t. Smogon is full of nubs, try to pull that set off agaisnt Chaos or Jump or someone and make it work [note: it won't], then you might get some people to take you seriously.

Infinity
11th January 2006, 3:10 PM
Even run into one of the Serebii RMT regulars and that set will get trashed. If you want to even be creative you could even try SubPassing with Mean Look, but this set will not work, Subs and anything that can Heal Bell/Aromatherapy completely makes this useless along with Clear Body as stated earlier. I would like to see the rest of your team as well... To give a through judgment.

aipomkong
11th January 2006, 5:05 PM

if you play any one who doesn't have...

'XD BRAZIL NO LEGEND Y UBER' in their info who then has 6 ubers

or

people who are just generally nubs or ****

... then you would get your *** served to you royaly, anything that uses roar/substitute will instantly be able to setup on you and sincerly **** you up

Redd
11th January 2006, 7:55 PM
Alright ill post my team.....but i wanna say ok i got all of your points but i dont have any means of changing it...umbreon in my point becomes useless but lets stop arguing about it.....some1 has already posted my team for me on a different post but ill repost it

Sceptile @ Lefties
Modest(252Sp,252Sa,6Hp)
-Leaf Blade
-Hp Ice
-Leech Seed
-Sub

Gardevoir @ Lefties
Modest(252Sa,252Sp,6Def)
-Psychic
-Hypnosis/W-o-W
-Calm Mind
-T-bolt

Umbreon @ Lefties
Impish(252Hp,129Def,129Sd)
-Body Slam
-Screech
-C-Ray
-Moonlight/Meanlook

im thinking of putting mean look in and i changed nature from original post

Dusclops @ Lefties
Calm(252Def,252Sa,6Hp)
-Sesemic Toss
-Pain Spilt
-C-Ray
-W-o-W

Milotic @ Lefties
Modest(252Sp,252Sa,6Hp)
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hypnosis
-Recover

Milotic does fine without the def boost

Bellyzard @ White Herb
Lonely(252At,252Sp,6hp)
-Belly Drum
-EQ
-Rock Slide
-OverHeat

And thats my team...**** i but the wrong thing for his ev but there i edited it

UmbreonMaster
11th January 2006, 8:12 PM
Umbreon is a GREAT pokemon just depending if you know how to use it!

aipomkong
11th January 2006, 9:09 PM
the ev spreads and natures are pretty lol sometimes, white herb on bellyzard is stupid as you need salac berry to actually outspeed things after bellydrum and substitute

plus you are owned so much by gengar

Redd
11th January 2006, 9:30 PM
well bring that gengar to me ;]...im not trying to be the best i just like my team and most of the time insted of charizard i use flygon

Flygon @ Lefties
Lonely(252At,252Sp,6Sa)
-EQ
-Fire Blast
-Rock Slide
-Quick Attack/?

i like my umbreon and i still wanna know if i put mean look into the set i could set up everything with the screechs

chaos952
11th January 2006, 10:15 PM
More like Choice Band over Leftovers on that Flygon... Adamant Nature as well.

Umbreon should not have any attacking moves, as it doesn't have the attack stats to put a dent in anything. Screech is useless on it as well. When the opponent finds out what set you're using, in comes Metagross/Regice/Regirock/Pokemon faster than it and has Substitute/Ghost/Skarmory to ruin your fun.

Use any one of the sets Brown Bomber suggested, or don't use Umbreon at all.

Redd
11th January 2006, 11:02 PM
alright alright how about

bold(same evs)
Mean Look
Baton Pass
Taunt
Moonlight/Wish/Confuse Ray

Confuse ray for the easier switch?

Brown Bomber
12th January 2006, 1:58 AM
Yes, you almost got the standard Umbreon!

Put Wish or Moonlight (preferrably Wish), and you're set.

Auraninja
12th January 2006, 2:05 AM
Uh.. Umbreon's attack stats aren't that bad. (65 for Attack, and 60 for Defense.) May I remind you my killer Jumpluff, who is a sweeper, and who Miror B. stole my idea from?

Edit: Although I do think that Umbreon should have some defensive moves.
Faint Attack
Moonlight
Toxic
Psychic (To fend of Fighters)

Brown Bomber
12th January 2006, 2:19 AM
lol no.

What part of "Umbreon is a supporter" do some of you people not get? Its attacking stats are TERRIBLE, it is outclassed by lots of Pokemon in the attacking standard. You use it to trap Pokemon or to Curse for your team, period. Go face a good player and you'll see what I'm talking about.

EDIT: I looked up your Jumpluff, and it isn't "killer", it's a standard Sunnybeamer outclassed by Eggy.

Redd
12th January 2006, 9:14 PM
hey who do u breed to get eevee with wish and baton pass?
also i was just thinking of a moveset what do u guys think of this

-moonlight
-meanlook
-c-ray
-toxic

personally i like it trap then toxic and c-ray for the switch and a healing move :]

aipomkong
12th January 2006, 10:30 PM
what part of 'common sense' do people not understand

shoe pilot
12th January 2006, 11:26 PM
hey who do u breed to get eevee with wish and baton pass?
also i was just thinking of a moveset what do u guys think of this

-moonlight
-meanlook
-c-ray
-toxic

personally i like it trap then toxic and c-ray for the switch and a healing move :]
Togetic->pikachu->Eevee, IIRC. Eevee learns BP at level 30.

that moveset takes WAY too much set-up to be screwed by the ***-common sub. just ****ing go with Chaosbreon already dammit.

Tazzler posted the good movesets in the damn third post.

Freakshow
12th January 2006, 11:33 PM
meh, taunt over CRay to keep blissey from aromatherapying the toxic

Redd
13th January 2006, 12:23 AM
i was just posting the moveset and i will go with choasbreon and thx for the wish and bp

Auraninja
14th January 2006, 12:18 AM
lol no.

What part of "Umbreon is a supporter" do some of you people not get? Its attacking stats are TERRIBLE, it is outclassed by lots of Pokemon in the attacking standard. You use it to trap Pokemon or to Curse for your team, period. Go face a good player and you'll see what I'm talking about.

EDIT: I looked up your Jumpluff, and it isn't "killer", it's a standard Sunnybeamer outclassed by Eggy.

My Jumpluff is in a double battle, it gets a base speed of 220, so it can "outrun" a Ninjask. And then, it can Solarbeam first turn to get a lot of the enemies HP gone. With the help of my other Pokemon, the enemies gets knock out. Miror B. understands this. :)

Also, Umbreon's stats are just slightly below average, and I don't like non-attacking movesets. An Umbreon moveset that is probably better than what I preposed before is this...

Faint-Attack
Toxic
Moonlight
Helping-Hand/Confuse Ray/Double Team/Attract

Hey Micky!
14th January 2006, 1:18 AM
My Jumpluff is in a double battle, it gets a base speed of 220, so it can "outrun" a Ninjask. And then, it can Solarbeam first turn to get a lot of the enemies HP gone. With the help of my other Pokemon, the enemies gets knock out. Miror B. understands this. :)
Congratz, you've converted a computer game character. Do that t othe NetBattle metagame and I might say congratz withotu the sarcasm.

Also, Umbreon's stats are just slightly below average, and I don't like non-attacking movesets.
Then Umbreon isn't the pogey for you.

An Umbreon moveset that is probably better than what I preposed before is this...

Faint-Attack
Toxic
Moonlight
Helping-Hand/Confuse Ray/Double Team/Attract
No-no, it's still piss poor. The only right thing there is Moonlight (and Toxic is sortof passable).

This thread has died a horrible death, as most of us predicted upon seeing it.

One Word: Closed