PDA

View Full Version : Elite 4 Question(s) Section

Seijiro Mafuné
11th January 2006, 1:15 PM
I figure other people might be curious about these and have questions too, so let's just put up all questions related to the use of the Elite 4 in fanfics here.

My first question: who's the leader of each generation of the Elite 4?

BenJS
11th January 2006, 2:09 PM
Lance, Karen and Drake in the respective generations. While the champions (in case that's what you meant, people seem to get the two things mixed up) are Blue(rival), Lance, Steven, and Wallace in Emerald.

Ash_Junior
11th January 2006, 5:15 PM
RBY:

Lorelei, Agatha, Bruno, Lance, Blue (Champion)

GSC:

Will, Koga, Bruno, Karen, Lance (Champion)

RSE:

Sidney, Pheobe, Glacia, Drake, Wallace (Champion)

these lists ('cept for RBY, I know that list by heart) are all courtesy of gamefaqs....

Seijiro Mafuné
11th January 2006, 5:50 PM
I didn't ask the lineups, I asked who is the leader.

Nylf
11th January 2006, 7:31 PM
With Hoenn and Kanto, Drake and Lance appropriatly as the champions are simply the trainer who beat them most recently. With Johto, I'm going to say lance as he is less the most recent winner more the fifth rung, speaking metaphorically, on the E4 ladder, so probably serves as the leader. So basically the guys with Dragon pokemon.

Ash_Junior
11th January 2006, 8:07 PM
er....

according to gamefaqs (and, accordingly, RSE), WALLACE is the leader of the Hoenn E4

Seijiro Mafuné
11th January 2006, 8:34 PM
Emerald only. He wasn't champion on R/S.

Ash_Junior
11th January 2006, 8:46 PM
doh!

lol...

that's what I get for looking at the Emerald FAQs

DarkGirl
11th January 2006, 8:50 PM
R/B/Y: Rival
G/S/C: Lance
R/S/E: Steven

((This should be moved to the Handheld Games, but as I'm not a Moderator, I can't move it.))

RaZoR LeAf
11th January 2006, 9:18 PM
It's not a game question, it's a fanfic question concerning the roles of certain characters. Besides, as it concerns the Elite 4 in general, and there have been three generations of Elite Four, putting it in only one forum would be wrong.

I've always thought of the entire Elite Four as being the leaders of a particular league, with the highest ranking one being the fourth of the set. With Lance reaching champion status in GSC, I think that can be explained as him choosing to back out of being an Elite Member, and wanting to aim higher, or something like that.

Seijiro Mafuné
11th January 2006, 9:40 PM
Oy. Enough replies for me to actually give input. So here I go! (P.S.: Thanks for not shutting it down! I feared that could happen!)

Okay, so we have the Elite 4, the most powerful trainers below the Champion. Note the number. 4. Which means that only four trainers can be in the group. Now, this may sound like nothing, but... well, let's see. In all games, upon reaching the 'enemy citadel'/final area with people, you battle 5 trainers, right? Well, four of these are the Elites and the fifth is the Champion. It's a mutually excludent role.

However, it seems that most people believe in the existance of an Elite 5, which equals the 4 Elites and the Champion in the same group. (Maybe came from the original guides to the Japanese versions of Pokémon GS... I remember one that distinctly called them the Elite 5 instead of the Elite 4.)

The problem is obvious, however; the Elites are always entitled as such, and it's always 4. Not 5, 4. The Champion gets a separate title.

So, basically, what I'm trying to say is that the Champion cannot be considered a member of the Elite 4. Because he's supposed to be of a different rank!

So, my point is that anyone who writes Green/Gary, Lance (when talking of the Johto people), Steven, and Wallace as the leaders of the Elite 4 is inherently wrong. Do they have a powerful role in the Pokémon... 'association' (is there a term for the association that takes care of everything?)? Sure. Are they the most important trainers in the world? Definitely. Are they the leaders? Why do people keep thinking that?

So, to sum everything... Lance is the leader in RBY/FRLG fics, Karen is the leader in GSC fics, and Drake is the leader of the RSE fics.

Next question... how important do/would you write the Elite 4, in your world?

Nylf
11th January 2006, 9:47 PM
Umm, reaching that hill when I reach it. Though Drake I have planned as being sort of the main organiser, he runs the leagues, and keeps check on whether trainers are legal or not legal(are they stealing pokemon or badges? Are they using illegal Pokemon from other regions when they lack the licensing? Are they involved in 'other' things?). Then he spends lots of time training around Lavaridge and Fallarbor(All his team are from that area, Flygon's from the desert, Altaria from by Meteor Falls and Salamence and Shelgon from Meteor Falls), and visiting his son's family when he's not training. He's sort of the cool grandad who always turns up with presents and stuff. So overall a very important trainer, who doesn't act it.