PDA

View Full Version : Suncoast temporarily stops stocking manga?

Asrialys
12th January 2006, 3:14 PM
The Suncoast here where I live has temporarily stopped stocking manga "due to vendor aggreements." What does that mean? lol "Vendors" as in the store or as in the distributors? I can't be exactly sure for the reason, but one of the most possible reasons is because people keep reading their manga but don't buy it. I don't know how long they've been doing this. I saw it Sunday.

They don't have a great selection anyway, or at least the one here. I've seen other Suncoast stores with a large selection.

Anyway, does anyone know if other stores are doing this or is it just here. I haven't been to a bookstore in a while, so I don't know if they're participating in this either. I kind of doubt it though.

Chris
12th January 2006, 10:17 PM
Vendors = Distributors. Something I learned from work. Basically, Suncoast isn't the one who calls the shot in getting the manga. But rather the companies who distribute and sell the manga to retailers.

Nintendo Master
13th January 2006, 1:00 AM
The suncoast at the mall where I live(Hilltop if you want to know) also stopped stocking manga too! I saw it on Sunday. The Barnes & Noble Bookseller still has manga on the shelves though.

Cipher
13th January 2006, 3:15 AM
My Suncoast has a whole wall of manga, which remains unaltered.

Asrialys
13th January 2006, 8:17 AM
Hmm...Anna is also in California, like me. Coincidence? Anyway, maybe there is something going on with distributors (all of them? lol) and Suncoast stores, or at least some of them. Although, that doesn't make much sense.