PDA

View Full Version : Off the Unbeaten Path! (436)

Serebii
12th January 2006, 7:25 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/436.jpgWho Single-Handedly has the Victory!? Pokemon Orienteering!!

On their way to the Battle Palace on Seafoam Island, Ash & Co. learn about a Pokémon Orienteering Championship. Both Ash & Co. and Team Rocket decide to take part in it. Ash & Pikachu, May & Eevee, Brock & Bonsly, Max & Munchlax, Jessie & Meowth and James & Manene all enter...who will emerge victorious?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/436.shtml)

Discuss

ZoraJolteon
12th January 2006, 7:30 PM
James r winnor, says Pokeani.

Serebii
12th January 2006, 7:37 PM
You dont have to use spoiler tags in the episode discussions ¬¬

JazzJazz
12th January 2006, 7:50 PM
James r winnor, says Pokeani.

Was there some sort of prize awarded to the winner? Food? Bottle-caps? Both of these would be inspiration enough for James to strive for victory...

CyberCubed
12th January 2006, 7:56 PM
Wow, it's about time James won something. :D

I remember how annoyed people were when he didn't win the Poke-ringer competition. Did he get anything worthwhile?

Jo-Jo
12th January 2006, 9:10 PM
James won? YAY! :D He deserves it.

El Cool
12th January 2006, 9:16 PM
Orienteering? Is this an anime version of Pokemon Dash?

Flamez
12th January 2006, 9:31 PM
Good to hear about james winning. I either wanted james or max to win, max hardly enters any sort of competition since he has no pokemon. Anyways great to see James with a victory with manene on his side, really nice. This alone makes me eager to watch this episode, James being one of my favorite anime characters and all. O well take care people.

ChaosMage
12th January 2006, 10:00 PM
It's a shame that Jesse and Meowth inevitably spoil it and retrieve the prize.

Nintendo Theatre
12th January 2006, 10:16 PM
So were the rumors about Manyula making an appearance true? and if so, what did the Manyula do?

Addydo
12th January 2006, 10:22 PM
So were the rumors about Manyula making an appearance true? and if so, what did the Manyula do?

That was Meowth dressed up as Sneasel.

Geodude
12th January 2006, 10:45 PM
As could be clearly seen in the preview.

Lupin
12th January 2006, 10:55 PM
So James finally won something, thats good to hear.

Did he properly win it then (actually try and not cheat)?

ghost master
12th January 2006, 11:02 PM
Did he properly win it then (actually try and not cheat)? I doubt it James rarely would do it unless under the influence of Jessie or Meowth. Also the anime writers dont usually let anyone win if they cheat.

Torchic23
12th January 2006, 11:07 PM
How do know for sure James wins? I mean, that is pretty cool, but the person only said "James r winnor, says pokeani". Maybe I'm asking a stupid question ^_^;

Alfonso
12th January 2006, 11:08 PM
How do know for sure James wins? I mean, that is pretty cool, but the person only said "James r winnor, says pokeani". Maybe I'm asking a stupid question ^_^;

Because ZoraJolteon knows his stuff. If he says that James won, then James won.

Torchic23
12th January 2006, 11:10 PM
ok, well tha's cool. James is a pretty funny and stupid charcter. Maybe he won it by accident :p

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
12th January 2006, 11:17 PM
Sounds good that someone other than our main crew win. What exactly did James win?

taitofan
12th January 2006, 11:23 PM
People were talking about Kojirou winning on PokeAni's forums while I was looking for info on the next preview. I didn't pick up anything more about it though. Well... There was something about a friendship medal, but only one person mentioned anything of the sort, so don't take that as canon or anything.

I am glad that Satoshi didn't win yet another competition. Kojirou deserves to win something. ^.^

Thriller
12th January 2006, 11:49 PM
So... whats the prize? Something that would have some use? Or something that the writers will just forget (like Brocks Heavy Ball)

Black Marauder
12th January 2006, 11:54 PM
Because ZoraJolteon knows his stuff. If he says that James won, then James won.

And if he says that Ash r caught Lucario, then he did :o

Kewl eppy ^..^

Zoramon089
13th January 2006, 1:59 AM
Why do people think James couldn't win? Remember the PokeRinger episode? James has actual skills in things and were it not for Taillow evolving he would have beat Ash

Heracross
13th January 2006, 2:23 AM
Kojirooou! :3

What awesome news. XD Depending on how the writers handled this one, it could finally make up for Satoshi's cheap win in the Pokéringer tournament.

The Big Al
13th January 2006, 2:24 AM
undenialable evidence James should kick Jessie and Meowth to the curb and go legit. He can actually get ahead without them.

JazzJazz
13th January 2006, 5:50 AM
undenialable evidence James should kick Jessie and Meowth to the curb and go legit. He can actually get ahead without them.

Kick 'em all to the curb (including Ash and the funky bunch) and have the whole show focus on James... that'd be a winner!

Still waiting to hear what he actually won, if anything...

DarkWobbuffet
13th January 2006, 6:14 AM
So Koujiro won this competition thingie? Awesome, bout time he won at something. He's always been my favorite of the Rocketto Dan members (I especially liked his role in the Pokeringer episode), and I'm glad to see he finally got some respect.

The Big Al
13th January 2006, 11:36 AM
If he did win, I wonder if it's because his fanbase were busting down the door for him to win one of this competitions. Obiviously many of us here wanted him to win something and thought he got screwed in the poke-ringer competition.

Lupin
13th January 2006, 2:13 PM
Why do people think James couldn't win? Remember the PokeRinger episode? James has actual skills in things and were it not for Taillow evolving he would have beat Ash

We know that he does have skills, but its just unusal for the writers to give Team Rocket a win like this (and a legal win at that).

Blaziken master
13th January 2006, 5:07 PM
I've seen the pics, nothing special happens beside James winning.There are quite a few cute scenes with James{ love his outfit!}and manene, but nothing much to write home about

JazzJazz
13th January 2006, 8:50 PM
I've seen the pics, nothing special happens beside James winning.There are quite a few cute scenes with James{ love his outfit!}and manene, but nothing much to write home about

Agreed, but it does add more proof that James can accomplish quite a lot on his own and has a good relationship with his pokemon when he isn't in the middle of an "evil" scheme.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
13th January 2006, 10:49 PM
It was pretty nice episode and everyones Pokemon was shown except for Seviper and Cacnea but we see them enough. James winning was great and yeah he works really well with his Pokemon. Jessie and Meowth sure get annoying.

I liked the ending where the lady is sitting with her Ursaring.

Thriller
13th January 2006, 11:42 PM
What did James win? A useless trophy or a cool item?

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
14th January 2006, 12:05 AM
James won a medal but I'm not sure if he also won all the food though.

Flamez
14th January 2006, 2:43 AM
Good episode overall, The part where james breaks the cookie and wants to give manene the bigger half, but manene wants james to have it is soooooo damnn cute, I was like awwww. Okay enough of the sentimental stuff.lol.
Donphan vs. Dustox was well pretty much like this, dustox tackled donphan and then donphan used take down to knock dustox and jessie and meowth down on the ground and then donphan used hyperbeam sweeping through the ground and that blasted jessie and meowth.

Geodude
14th January 2006, 2:47 AM
James won a medal but I'm not sure if he also won all the food though.
He did, but he decided to share it with all the other contestants, much to the shock of Jessie and Meowth.

V Faction
14th January 2006, 2:53 AM
James already owned. Does this make him a God now? A Titan? Chuck Norris-like?

JazzJazz
14th January 2006, 4:26 AM
James already owned. Does this make him a God now? A Titan? Chuck Norris-like?

To all of those things I'd say yes... enough to be Walker's new Texas Ranger sidekick. James is such a good-hearted guy, if you take a step back you have to wonder why he's actually with Team Rocket, but he may feel that doing anything else would be abandoning his "friends", Jessie and meowth.

Heracross
14th January 2006, 4:40 AM
Well, what can I say? It was pretty damned awesome to finally see Kojirou win something he deserved. <3 I certainly never thought I'd see the day when one of the Rocket-dan actually came out on top in a competition with Satoshi-tachi competing.

The animation could have been better, but it can be ignored as the plot was quite entertaining. The antics of Musashi and Nyasu in particular were quite amusing. It was hilarious when they had to do the motto together and Nyasu was wearing that Kojirou wig. XD It was also funny when Kojirou heard them blasting off over his head.

And speaking of which, Usohachi gets credit for making be laugh by blasting Takeshi off during his uber flirtation mode of doom. Nothing like seeing everyone's favorite pok&#233;mon breeder flying head over heels into the stratosphere while screaming "JOOOI SAAAN!!!".

As for the music, it's pretty much the same deal as last week. We've got the lyricless lovely boy in there again, and the old Kanto instrumentals make me a happy Hera.

Good times.

Judai Yuki
14th January 2006, 4:45 AM
So did he just win a useless medal and food that he gave away?anyways at least he won something

MagicBox
14th January 2006, 4:53 AM
So did he just win a useless medal and food that he gave away?anyways at least he won somethingActually, the fact that he shares the food with others is what pleases me the most. James is such a good person at heart. He's slowly climbing my favorite characters list. I really want to see this episode, if only for the scenes with Brock and James.

And who can't be happy for James for finally winning a competition? I'm thrilled, to say the least. The writers have made some pretty wierd decisions since the BF started, but so far, they haven't done a single thing wrong with James.

I have a question. Has Manene like.......battled yet? Thrown an attack? Besides mimic? I don't really care if it battles or not; I just haven't been keeping up with the recent episodes.

Also, were there any good scenes with any of the other characters?

Riva
14th January 2006, 4:58 AM
Jessie STILL wants a Sneasel?! Hasn't she given up, yet? No Sneasel is that selfconfident yet accident prone to be captured by her.

Geodude
14th January 2006, 5:28 AM
I have a question. Has Manene like.......battled yet? Thrown an attack? Besides mimic? I don't really care if it battles or not; I just haven't been keeping up with the recent episodes.
Nope, no battles for it yet.

Judai Yuki
14th January 2006, 8:06 AM
Actually, the fact that he shares the food with others is what pleases me the most. James is such a good person at heart. He's slowly climbing my favorite characters list. I really want to see this episode, if only for the scenes with Brock and James.

And who can't be happy for James for finally winning a competition? I'm thrilled, to say the least. The writers have made some pretty wierd decisions since the BF started, but so far, they haven't done a single thing wrong with James.

Also, were there any good scenes with any of the other characters?
Brock getting attacked by his Bonsly

Yamato-san
14th January 2006, 9:49 AM
So why was this "Pokemon Orienteering" again? It looked to me like a simple competition to go around an island to collect stamps, something a human is easily capable of doing on their own. In fact, the Pokemon were doing barely anything for the competition, with the exception of Gonbe holding Masato down and Usohachi instantly increasing Takeshi's travelling distance at one point. It seemed like little more than a refreshing hike where you try not to get seperated from your partner. In any case, it was a nice way to see some characters interacting with their Pokemon (and yay! Eievui hasn't pulled uber crap... yet).

The animation could have been better, but it can be ignored as the plot was quite entertaining. The antics of Musashi and Nyasu in particular were quite amusing. It was hilarious when they had to do the motto together and Nyasu was wearing that Kojirou wig. XD It was also funny when Kojirou heard them blasting off over his head.

You left out the part where, while they were doing the motto, Haruka and Masato were sneaking behind them, getting the fruit prize away from them, and Takeshi was pulling the net off of the Pokemon. I cracked up at this, since it's not often you see the protagonists taking advantage of the time they take up doing their motto.

And speaking of which, Usohachi gets credit for making be laugh by blasting Takeshi off during his uber flirtation mode of doom. Nothing like seeing everyone's favorite pokémon breeder flying head over heels into the stratosphere while screaming "JOOOI SAAAN!!!".

Ah, yes. My respect towards it can raise a bit after seeing that. It didn't pull any of that annoying crybaby crap this episode either (as much as I recall, anyway), all the more reason to like it just this once.

About Kojirou's win, I think I may know why he gave the fruit away. I heard Joy mention how the Pokemon Center was saved earlier, and Kojirou said he'll share the stand with those heroes, which is immediately before he goes on to say that he'll share his prize as well. Did I catch that right? Guess that goes to show how much of a good sport Kojirou can be. One thing does confuse me, though. What was going on in that scene where Musashi and Nyaasu told Kojirou to climb the cliff or something? My assumption is they were trying to get him to do something that involved cheating, judging by the way he stormed off.

The Benmeister
14th January 2006, 11:43 AM
Heh, I XD'd when Bonsly smashed into Brock.

Overall this was an entertaining and funny episode. James and Manene interacted well (especially the cookie scene), plus Eevee is not doing anything to outrage us, so that must count for something. The bit where they stole the food prize from behind Jessie and Meowth's back was funny.

One question, did Ash and the gang know that it was James that won it, or did their blind eyes deceive them yet again and couldn't see past his disguise/clothes?

Heracross
14th January 2006, 11:48 AM
They knew. Joi announced his name when she gave him the medal. Not to mention Manene is a dead giveaway.

The Benmeister
14th January 2006, 12:02 PM
They knew. Joi announced his name when she gave him the medal. Not to mention Manene is a dead giveaway.

That's cool, I was just wondering because:

1) The gang did not seem to have much reaction to it.
2) Because people in the anime are stupid like that.

The Big Al
14th January 2006, 1:01 PM
James didn't let himself get sucked into Jessie and Meowth's plans. He just trekked along with Manene and they had a bonding experience. He really deserved to win this one and I'm glad he did. Take that you "TR can't win anything because they're villians and can never win" pinheads. Here's hoping Harley breaks his losing streak next week.

Yamato-san
14th January 2006, 1:59 PM

Actually, he used a different name, "Kojirosuka" or something.

CyberCubed
14th January 2006, 2:49 PM
I'm happy that Team Rocket didn't suddenly pull some scheme at the very end of the episode to steal Pikachu again, thus earning them a blasting off. It was a nice happy ending for Team Rocket for once, it was very sweet.

Hey, maybe this gives some hope that Jessie might win a contest someday. Well...she is a lot less of an honest person than James, but nobody honestly expected a Rocket member to win in a competition that Ash and friends were competing in did they?

Manene is adorable, and hopefully James gets Chimecho back. His team in AG has all been little cute Pokemon, it's a nice change from his menacing Weezing and Victreebel from the previous series.

jolteonjak
14th January 2006, 7:51 PM
I loved this episode. Of all the fillers I've seen of this region, this one is the best. Let's hope when its dubbed, it remains a good episode. Manene is the best thing to happen to this show for awhile (until that fated Facility battle where teh Muk returns). Loved the part where it was yelling at Jesse and Meowth with James.

It was a nice pace to see the gang all split up by choice (not by a *yawn* explosion). It looked like May was doing all right by herself. Max and Munchlax were hilarious too. I wonder if they ever got any stamps. Nice to see Bonsly not being so annoying this time.

This goes right up there with my other favorite fillers (Just Waiting on a Friend and Claydol, Big and Tall).

Heracross
14th January 2006, 11:25 PM
Actually, he used a different name, "Kojirosuka" or something.
Oh.. my bad. >.> I guess it makes sense, as there would be no point in wearing that disguise if he just used his real name. Heh.

Magical Leaf
16th January 2006, 10:10 PM
I lol'd at poor Corphish and the Azurill, it had that "Please, leave me alone..." look on its face.

Overall, I enjoyed this episode, then again, i'm not the kind to complain. I enjoy most episodes. Once again it's nice to see James in a favourable light, i echo the majority who say he's too good to be a part of Team Rocket.

Geodude
16th January 2006, 11:43 PM
Oh.. my bad. >.> I guess it makes sense, as there would be no point in wearing that disguise if he just used his real name. Heh.
I say he should call himself Jameson in the dub.

One thing I liked is that jari-boy-tachi never did find out that it was James. That's really rare.

Riva
30th June 2006, 7:47 PM
Did anyone notice Jessie painted Meowth the wrong color while she was trying to pass him off as a Sneasel? Sneasel are normaly greenish-black, while Jessie painted Meowth a shade of grey.

Ashy Boy
1st July 2006, 1:04 AM
Lame episode ruined by Jessie and Meowth's silly and predictable scheme.

malfunctionedbob
1st July 2006, 9:41 PM
I lol'd at poor Corphish and the Azurill, it had that "Please, leave me alone..." look on its face.

Overall, I enjoyed this episode, then again, i'm not the kind to complain. I enjoy most episodes. Once again it's nice to see James in a favourable light, i echo the majority who say he's too good to be a part of Team Rocket.

Thats what i say man

Anyone 4 Buttons?
11th July 2006, 11:53 PM
Well done, James. Saw the episode a while ago now and thought it was really good, especially for a filler episode. Manene didn't actually really help as far as I can remember, but at least it is shown why James' Pokémon are always so loving of him, with his gift of the bigger half of the cookie.
James didn't actually blast off for a change did he?

Judai Yuki
21st October 2006, 3:37 PM
Sounded like Brock said he wanted to get in on Joy. ^^

-Judai

Pkmn Trainer Abram
21st October 2006, 3:45 PM
XD at Brocks body all mangled flying through the air.

Korobooshi Kojiro
21st October 2006, 3:49 PM
YES THEY WERE SANDWICHES IN THE ORIGINAL.

So, don't freak out.

Judai Yuki
21st October 2006, 3:53 PM
I checked the episode pictures just to make sure. ^^

-Judai

WaterDragon trainer
21st October 2006, 3:55 PM
Just saw this in the US. This episode was pretty funny. It was funny when Munchlax always ran ahead of Max. Seeing Brock blast off was the most hilarious thing I've seen in a long time (in the anime). It was also funny to see Munchlax sleep standing, Jessie and Meowth telling James to climb the cliff, as well as everything that happenened with Max and Munchlax. Also, the part with Jessie being selfish with Meowth. It was funny when Ash & Co. took back everything when Jessie and Meowth said their motto. Dustox has a terrible new voice. It was good to see James being generous.

Korobooshi Kojiro
21st October 2006, 3:56 PM
I wonder if OLM saw how 4kids always edited them out (since this was made pre-PUSA), and decided to make them sandwiches to save them the trouble?

Luxuria
21st October 2006, 3:58 PM
I loved this episode! For once, James wasn't acting like a villan.

Mandi.
21st October 2006, 4:03 PM
James is so sweet with Mime Jr. xD He gives him/her the bigger half. And then with Jessie and Meowth fighting over it. Those two are so different.

But yeah, this episode was great. I really enjoyed seeing everybody on there own trying to win.

I LOVE when Bonsly rams into Brock like that when Brock goes after Nurse Joy. xD Bonsly is awesome. I love that thing.

TheBuddyBud
21st October 2006, 4:04 PM
this is probably my favorite episode of all time

its a shame that PUSA had it dubbed
it was still funny nontheless

my favorite part was when jessie and meowth were performing their motto, while the others got the fruit back, freed the pokemon and stuff

then james saying he copyrighted the blasting off

CyberCubed
21st October 2006, 4:05 PM
I say he should call himself Jameson in the dub.

Damn, you were right, Geodude!

Korobooshi Kojiro
21st October 2006, 4:06 PM
OMIGOD, He's a RIVAL!

You know....maybe 4kids would've edited the sandwhiches into rice balls? XD

RandomCharizard
21st October 2006, 4:08 PM
Damn, you were right, Geodude!

Cyber I hope you saw the commercial after this episode, It had Harley's voice.
It was the same. Just like Andy Ranelles, my friend says he sounds like the Kecleon in the Mystery Dungeon Special. I dont think so though..

Judai Yuki
21st October 2006, 4:08 PM
Jameson. >_< It's the armageddon.

-Judai

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
21st October 2006, 4:31 PM
Sounded like Brock said he wanted to get in on Joy. ^^

-Judai

The actual Quote:

Nurse Joy: "The more the merrier, I always say!"
Brock: "Oh Joy, nothing would make me merrier than getting it on with you!"

Brock, you dirty boy...

?*V Tsun*?
The 8th Champion

ShadowDragon16
21st October 2006, 4:37 PM
James is a nice guy to donate all the fruit to Ash and co., you would never catch jessie doing anything nice like that.

I think james needs to leave team rocket on three reasons,

1) He is kind to his Pokemon.
2) He doesn't act cruel like jessie.
3) He gets no respect.

Five reasons Jessies a B****,

1) She is cruel to james and Meowth.
2) She puts herself infront of the team.
3) She cares only about herself and doesn't care whos life she ruins to do so.
4) Jessie doesn't have a connection with her pokemon like James has with his.
5) She plain sucks!!!

TheBuddyBud
21st October 2006, 4:49 PM
and james has cute pokemon, unlike jessie and her disgusting dustox, wobbufett, seviper, etc.

Korobooshi Kojiro
21st October 2006, 4:52 PM
Dustox and Seviper are cute.

Digitalkaiser65
21st October 2006, 5:02 PM
I think its ironic that james gets all the wonderful pokemon and jessie is just....jessie. But you need her there to balance everything out. This was possibly the best battle frontier episode yet, and the voice actors are really growing on me. Its like they arent new at all almost.

xD YAY JAMES. *waves flags*

Nathan Madien
21st October 2006, 5:11 PM
I really liked the episode, especially when it contrasts Jessie and James. James really shows that beneath his idiotic exterior is a guy who genuinely cares about his Pokemon. My favorite scene was when Jessie and Meowth are being so full of themselves, they don't notice May and Brock undoing their stealing. Besides, it's nice to see James win for once.

Lil Brother
21st October 2006, 5:16 PM
Zomg. Brock's line. This has got to be the dirtiest yet. XD

Did anyone else notice Marshtomp and Wooper? :D

And Wobbuffet's one of the cutest Pokémon ever. But I don't think he was in this episode! :o

pokenoob
21st October 2006, 5:40 PM
is it just me or is james slowly going straight.

Nathan Madien
21st October 2006, 5:43 PM

In this episode, James wasn't becoming straight...he was becoming "white and nerdy", especially in that German getup.

Digitalkaiser65
21st October 2006, 6:13 PM
I dont think thats ever going to happen. xD hahaha.
Especially this season. o_o Its just the voice actor is a little..off. lol.

raticatelover
21st October 2006, 7:17 PM
The bad thing about this is that Meowth had to dress in the Sneasel costume. That was the most unessessary thing ever.

Orange_Flaaffy
21st October 2006, 9:24 PM

He already is in my book, there are straight guys that crossdress in the real world you know :). Of course I never sterotyped him based on his VA anyway...
He's such a sweet guy in this episode :3
And the Sneasel costume was wonderful, Meowth looks good in black...

Magical Needle Smash
22nd October 2006, 12:40 AM

When you say "straight," you're talking about no longer being a criminal, right?

Right?

chosen_one386
22nd October 2006, 2:39 AM
Right... (sarcasm)

This was a great episode. And, to me... James has ALWAYS been straight.

FlashSpirit
22nd October 2006, 2:44 AM
dang that bonsly is getting quite brutal, when that thing can battle(with hope) it'll sure make up for the lost brock action

chosen_one386
22nd October 2006, 3:11 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think Bonsly will get much battle time...

Dark Star
22nd October 2006, 3:28 AM
The episode was great espescially for a filler. There were many good points to it which most people already pointed out.

Anyway, the idea of the competition was great but did anyone notice that the Pokemon were completely useless in it? They just followed their trainers but they really didn't use any attacks or help them. In fact, they kind of held their trainers back.

Also, what was the point in Meowth dressing up as Sneasel? It HATES Sneasel!

Cobalt_Latios
22nd October 2006, 4:25 AM
Also, what was the point in Meowth dressing up as Sneasel? It HATES Sneasel!
Technically, Meowth doesnt hate Sneasel, he just doesnt want to be replaced by one. Simply put, Jessie likes Sneasel a whole lot, so she probably decided to dress hiim up.

I really liked it when Jessie and Meowth start the motto and during the whole thing, Brock, May and Max were taking everything they stole. Then when Jessie and Meowth are blasting off...

James: I thought i heard someone said 'were blasting of again', but that's copyrighted!

Great line! Bonsly beating up Brock was priceless!

Pika Hikari KT
22nd October 2006, 5:16 AM
James: I thought I heard someone said 'We're blasting off again', but that's copyrighted!
^^; That was cute. Didn't shatter the you-know-what(okay, maybe it put a small crack...), but it still got best line of the episode.

Unfortunately, I don't think Bonsly will get much battle time...
D/P says otherwise...

James was so sweet this episode...I love when they focus on him in this light.:)

Korobooshi Kojiro
22nd October 2006, 5:17 AM
DP says meet Forretress, Foretress says hi from AG.

Pokemon Fan
22nd October 2006, 6:00 AM
James is a nice guy to donate all the fruit to Ash and co., you would never catch jessie doing anything nice like that.

I think james needs to leave team rocket on three reasons,

1) He is kind to his Pokemon.
2) He doesn't act cruel like jessie.
3) He gets no respect.

Five reasons Jessies a B****,

1) She is cruel to james and Meowth.
2) She puts herself infront of the team.
3) She cares only about herself and doesn't care whos life she ruins to do so.
4) Jessie doesn't have a connection with her pokemon like James has with his.
5) She plain sucks!!!
You neglect to remember all the times Jessie has been kind to her pokemon and team mates. She doesn't show a soft heart as much as James and Meowth do but its still there. Deep down she's just sad little girl with a messed-up past, an inferiority complex and a nasty temper.

One person said that Jessie and Meowth's plan to steal the pokemon ruined the episode, but really I found it to be one of the best parts. I always love it when Ash and company take advantage of the time afforded by the TR motto.

Nathan Madien
22nd October 2006, 6:50 AM
You neglect to remember all the times Jessie has been kind to her pokemon and team mates. She doesn't show a soft heart as much as James and Meowth do but its still there. Deep down she's just sad little girl with a messed-up past, an inferiority complex and a nasty temper.

That's true. We are talking about a woman who becomes tender over snow.

By the way, does anyone know Jessie and James' Japanese aliases?

Sato
22nd October 2006, 7:22 AM
That's true. We are talking about a woman who becomes tender over snow.

By the way, does anyone know Jessie and James' Japanese aliases?

I don't recall Musashi having her alias ever mentioned, however Kojiro was "Kojirosuka".

flame fox
22nd October 2006, 8:26 AM
great episode lovd it wen james said that we're blasting off again is copy writed and bonsly smahing brock is pretty funny, as brock and james are my favorites

Medea
22nd October 2006, 3:12 PM
This episode was okay. Great to finally see a bad guy (more or less) win some kind of competition (and now I will start to rant about the pokeringer competition which James should have won and not Ash goddammit). Sorry about that! Now some of the pokemon were entertaining in this episode. Munchlax of course, but one I have to point out is Manene (Mime Jr.). I always love it when it copies their bad moods. And even though I can't stand Bonsly on many levels, it was funny when it got piss'd at Brock for falling for Nurse Joy...yet again! Oh yeah, Jessie and Meowth with their blasting off line and James hearing it saying they copyrighted that bad boy. Love it!

jolteonjak
23rd October 2006, 2:27 AM
This was probably my favorite BF episode in Japanese. Now it automatically wasn't good due to James' and Ash's new voices. I'm sorry I don't like them (that's all I'll say since there's a thread elsewhere).

There some good moments in it, and I did laugh at a couple places which is odd for me and a Pokemon episode (last one I really LOL'ed was "Claydol Big and Tall").

Is it me, or are Munchlax and Max closer than May and Munchlax?

Rashdan
23rd October 2006, 2:33 AM
Max does spend quite a bit of time with Munchlax, being responsible for giving it the Pink pokeblock earlier on, etc.

This was a great episode, and it was funny when Nurse Joy asked James to give the fruit to Ash and co. I won't forget the looks on Jessie's and Meowth's faces. The voices are sounding a little better now, but I still haven't gotten used to Ash's one yet.

Jorah
23rd October 2006, 11:30 PM
James: I thought i heard someone said 'were blasting of again', but that's copyrighted!

I loved that line!

^^; That was cute. Didn't shatter the you-know-what(okay, maybe it put a small crack...), but it still got best line of the episode.

Er...what?

wobbanut
24th October 2006, 4:27 AM
James wins! James wins! That alone gives the episode a 10/10. At least the writers finally gave some vindication to everyone who was upset by the results of episodes like "Princess vs. Princess" and "That's Just Swellow". At least for once Team Rocket was allowed to win something, instead of having Ash or one of the other twerps, or all the twerps, win. Now if they would only be kind enough to let Jessie win a contest, especially now that they're going into the third region with contests, I'll be very happy. The best line of this episode was definitely James hearing "We're blasting off again" and not knowing it's Jessie and Meowth, saying it's copyrighted. LOL I also loved seeing Meowth in a James wig, that was hilarious. I also think this solo motto (my term for only one human member of Team Rocket doing it) was much better than the one in "The Saffron Con". For some reason, James and Meowth doing all the lines of the newer motto sounded much more awkward than Jessie and Meowth. Or maybe Meowth in a James wig made it better. :)

Overall, 10/10. At least tomorrow I'll FINALLY get to see "Absol-ute Disaster", which I've been cursed with missing it every time it aired. Thanks for the daytime reruns, Cartoon Network.

Neko Godot
26th October 2006, 12:48 AM
About time TR digs another pitfall, I missed their hole related exploits.

Jukain:)
27th October 2006, 12:24 AM
AWSOME EPISODE. My absolute favourite line:

"Hmm...I thought I heared someone saying 'were basting off again'. But we copyrighted that!"

But really, this was a funny ep, and much less childish then most.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
27th October 2006, 3:46 PM
AWSOME EPISODE. My absolute favourite line:

"Hmm...I thought I heared someone saying 'were basting off again'. But we copyrighted that!"

But really, this was a funny ep, and much less childish then most.

I found that funny too

SheWhoLovesPineapples
5th November 2006, 5:36 AM
I absolutely adored this episode! It was hilarious... Ash and May's voices were still a little meh to me, but the episode in general was just... great. Why can't there be more funny episodes like this? The last one that made me laugh was "Pasta la Vista".

And as everyone else is saying - yes, the "copyrighted" line was hilarious. xD

PumpedAaron
11th November 2006, 12:32 PM
I like James' posh outfit as "Jamison" that's so sophisticated...

Pacman
21st November 2006, 9:04 PM
Well, it was nice to see a TR member will something. I thought one of Ash & co. would win.

Knight_Ram
7th December 2006, 11:54 PM
Yeah, everyone would ha thought that! But im glad that James won, he deserves something after all he has been through lol. Funny, Funny, Funny! 7.5/10

katfairy
7th December 2008, 3:24 AM
I don't have a problem with TR having lost the other contests, because in Princess VS. Princess Misty had an honest win (and how often did she get to battle?), while in That's Just Swellow we were meant to feel bad for James, who got shafted by Jessie and Meowth's cheating as well as Taillow's evolving. But that last episode did show that James could be a serious competitor, which was the point.

Having said that, it was great to see him win, especially since he did it by being himself.

Tadashi
10th December 2008, 9:16 PM
Meowth dressed like a Sneasel was pretty funny XD And later in a James wig... um o_o;

The episode was a bit slow-paced, but I'm glad James won ^^ I think he deserves it.

Torpoleon
20th December 2008, 9:09 PM
Yay!James won.TR wins something atleast.

Rommath
11th January 2009, 1:44 PM
I'm glad James won, and they didn't do a re-hash of the unfair treatment in That's Just Swellow. Meowth dressed as a Sneasel was funny, and of course James's comment about the copyright when Jessie and Meowth were blasting off. And they included the Advance Adventure BGM in the Dustox vs. Donphan battle, one of my favourite themes ^_^

Igottapoo
19th January 2009, 11:54 AM
This contest was pretty fun. Finally, James beat Ash and the other heroes at something. Which is a sigh of relief.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 2:10 PM
team rocket finally won something, what a rare sight they usually are the ones that receive the overdose of destruction.

Littlemyuu
10th March 2009, 5:09 PM
Nice episode, good that TR win this time

Ash-kid
5th December 2009, 10:44 AM
Great episode.
I loved this tournament, and the fact that James won it.
and Meowth's costum was very funny...

Lorde
6th December 2009, 8:27 PM
Truely awesome. Finally, a new event that was both fun and exciting.

I really like Meowth's Sneasel disguise and I was glad that James and Mime Jr. got the spotlight all to themselves.

7/10

Willow's Tara
26th May 2010, 8:19 AM
Did anyone notice that Torchic that appeared in this episode, it was running along with a trainer (I think when Jessie and Meowth makes that pithole).

Anyways not a bad episode I like it, it was funny when James said that line.
I think they should make James win more contests because he does seem to love it alot.

saar
27th June 2010, 6:04 PM
@Willow's Tara: Yeah, I've noticed that, it was something special?

Well, TR are always trying to take part in those things, but their problem was Pikachu. This time they've ignored from it and won. This how they should have done before, but it's never late^

Painkiller2001
6th December 2010, 6:32 PM
Did anyone notice that Torchic that appeared in this episode, it was running along with a trainer (I think when Jessie and Meowth makes that pithole).

I noticed that too!

I too am glad TR (even though it was actually just James and Mime Jr. who won) won at something for a change.

It was funny to see Meowth dressed up as a Sneasel. A Pokemon that he kind of doesn't like.

Cutest scenes:
- James offering Mime Jr. the bigger half of his cookie. Awwwwww.
- Marshtomp playing with a Wooper.

Best scene:
- Grovyle standing by the fruit as if to say "If you even think of stealing any of this fruit, you'll have to go through ME first!" Well, that's the impression I got from that scene.

I also didn't realize, till now, that Grovyle was so small. I though he was at least as tall as Ash is.

Lance The Champ
20th December 2010, 3:21 PM
How nice to see James win..... thats so rare

Tyranitar Rules
23rd December 2010, 12:45 PM
How nice to see James win..... thats so rare

Agreed lol

G50
26th April 2011, 11:45 AM
This episode was ok... It was great to see James finally win a competition for a change. It was funny when Jessie and Meowth had to do the motto by themselves, and Meowth worse a wig to look like and act like James while saying the motto. The bonding moment with James and Mime Jr. and the cookie was really cool to see. James definitely has a great heart deep inside. It was odd to see Meowth dress up to look like a Sneasel. It was clever that during the motto, the gang gathered up items TR stole.

30/100

Vernikova
11th September 2012, 9:48 PM
A boring episode. The scavenger hunt wasn't fun to watch and it was a pretty uneventful episode for the most part.

The Power of Pika
10th May 2013, 3:56 PM
My 2nd favourite episode of BF.^-^

I loved seeing the trainers bonding with their Pokemon. Also Max and Munchlax had their moments from max chasing Munchlax to Munchlax being greedy demanding more food from max.XP

Eevee is so cute.=3

Also I liked how jessie and meowth suggested for james to climb a cliff as a short cut.XD

I also enjoyed seeing james win aswell.=3

Dawn+Serena Fan
2nd July 2013, 10:05 PM
This was a pretty interesting filler. I find it funny that James won something XD

PokemontrainerY
22nd July 2013, 1:53 PM
This was an interesting filler episode........ It's funny when Meowth and Jessie had to do their motto by themselves. xD

The scenes with Munchlax were funny too.

It was nice to see James wining a competition for once.

Painkiller2001
16th November 2014, 4:14 AM
>Rainbow Falls
I didn't know Equestria was in the Kanto region!

I forget that the gang is heading to an island called Metallica island! How could I forget that? At least, that's still what I think i'm hearing...

Lorde
30th November 2014, 4:22 AM
While I liked the concept of orienteering in the anime, I thought that the prize for winning was lame; just a bunch of food? Yawn. And then James just shares it with all the trainers. Sigh. At least I cackled when Bonsly sent Brock flying and seeing Jessie and Meowth randomly end up on a mountaintop showed their bad sense of direction.