PDA

View Full Version : Name off the other two trainers from Pallet Town

daveshan
12th January 2006, 8:18 PM
Has there ever been a point where they reviel the actual names of the trainers who took bulbasuar and charmander from Oak?

Nidorino99
12th January 2006, 8:22 PM
I think it was Dameon who got the charmander and then released it.

CyberCubed
12th January 2006, 8:32 PM
No it wasn't. We never found out the names. They were just kids who for some reason gave up Pokemon training or "failed" at being trainers.

PDL
12th January 2006, 8:40 PM
was there a thread about this like a month ago?

they were only written as a plot device so Ash would miss out on all 3 starter pokemon and get Pikachu, and without revealing who Gary's starter was

then they were referenced a few times without being shown, and were later said to have "failed" and written out of the show entirely, never to be referenced again.

Sharpshooter
12th January 2006, 9:01 PM
I think it was Dameon who got the charmander and then released it.

Just because you have a Charmander doesn't mean you got it from Professor Oak.

intergalactic platypus
12th January 2006, 9:37 PM
Odds are you would; but Damien was far older and probably hadn't gotten it from Oak. They're nameless characters

Charizard 1337
12th January 2006, 9:38 PM
I remember when many real world trainers used to assume that Gary started with Eevee.

Could the other two trainers be named Jack and John? Those are the alternate names in Red and Blue.

Geki
12th January 2006, 10:25 PM
There was already a thread on this a while back.. The characters don't have names. Samurai from Kanto said they swept through him, as well as Gary so at least we can here about them. I also think they were mentioned briefly in ''The Poke-Corral''.

daveshan
13th January 2006, 7:18 PM
Dang. Thanks anyway guys and girls.

Yamato-san
14th January 2006, 6:48 AM
you know, I recently watched the Japanese episodes for the Sekiei League, and I couldn't help wondering: who the hell were all those people cheering on Satoshi at Orchid's lab? For that matter, there was another large crowd of people for Satoshi when he first got Pikachu. Really, these people, as well as the other two trainers that left Masara Town, had been growing up in Satoshi's home, so they're most likely people he grew up with, childhood friends, etc. Have these guys even appeared again during the later leagues? Not that I can recall. It really is a crying shame they couldn't divulge more on these type of characters.

torkoaltrainer4
5th February 2006, 6:25 PM
then they were referenced a few times without being shown, and were later said to have "failed" and written out of the show entirely, never to be referenced again.

you wouldn't happen to know where i could find information about them "failing" do you?

stu770
5th February 2006, 6:31 PM
gary started with squirtle just check the character bios, and as for the others they have not been mentioned

Dogasu
5th February 2006, 6:59 PM
Has there ever been a point where they reviel the actual names of the trainers who took bulbasuar and charmander from Oak?

Has there ever been a point where this forum went two weeks without someone coming in and asking the exact same question?!?

Aptenodytes
6th February 2006, 5:06 AM
Maybe they'll reveal the other two trainers in the last episode or something. Other than that, i doubt we shall ever know.

Alfonso
6th February 2006, 1:31 PM
Maybe they'll reveal the other two trainers in the last episode or something. Other than that, i doubt we shall ever know.

Why would they do that?

It's not like it's important or anything.

Raito
7th February 2006, 12:49 AM
It's one of those unsolved mysteries that are better off unsolved.

pikachu146
7th February 2006, 7:57 AM
I think the trainer that pick charmander might be Sammy (which appeared in Celebi:voice of the forest (http://www.serebii.net/movies/serebii/)) because Oak knew him before Ash told Oak about him.That Charmeleon maybe is evolved from Charmander

Mikey
7th February 2006, 8:12 AM
I think the trainer that pick charmander might be Sammy (which appeared in Celebi:voice of the forest (http://www.serebii.net/movies/serebii/)) because Oak knew him before Ash told Oak about him.That Charmeleon maybe is evolved from Charmander
Its not Sammey for the simple reasn is Oak and Sammey are one in the same. Sammey is just the younger version of Oak that went threw time from the past to the present in the movie.

Blackjack Gabbiani
7th February 2006, 11:33 AM

Wow, way to completely miss one of the main plot points of the movie.

pikachu146
7th February 2006, 1:43 PM
Its not Sammey for the simple reasn is Oak and Sammey are one in the same. Sammey is just the younger version of Oak that went threw time from the past to the present in the movie.
Sorry,just a guess.