PDA

View Full Version : Torchic ♥ Corphish! =D

Meganium Ex
13th January 2006, 2:21 AM
Okay, I know it may sound a little weird, but I actually find this paring kinda cute. Though, what REALLY inspired me of this ship was the episode Torchic evolved; sure they fought with each other alot, but Corphish seemed to really care about Torchic when the Brelooms souronded them. That's what gave me the idea for starting this ship!

Lol, so any other supporters?

bizarcritic
14th January 2006, 6:47 PM
I support it because it looks cute.

Anikin
14th January 2006, 10:13 PM
I know that I support it since it's related to Advanceshipping. Coun't me in this discussion. By the way I find this couple quite cute since both are cute and especialy together. I wonder if there will ever be more hints for this relation in the future battle frontier episodes execp May has a Combusken now and that might change something but they are still a grate couple.

Meganium Ex
15th January 2006, 12:57 AM
Yay! Their are supporters! =D

And yeah, I know Torchic is a Combusken now, but it still looks cute =3

BTW, anyone got a name for this ship? I was thinking PokéVanceShipping...

Anikin
15th January 2006, 11:42 AM
Well mayby that would be a good name. Is there more supporters of this ship?

Seijiro Mafuné
15th January 2006, 12:07 PM
PokéAdvanceshipping sounds better.

Meganium Ex
15th January 2006, 11:02 PM
That sounds good :) Maybe something like...PickyShipping? Cause they pick on each other? XD

Anikin
16th January 2006, 5:49 PM
Or mayby Bickereyshipping. Or is there a ship with that name.

Meganium Ex
16th January 2006, 11:49 PM
That's another good idea, Anikin. And I don't think it was named before :)

Anikin
21st January 2006, 10:43 AM
I don't even know if there was a name like that, it sorta came out on my mind.

Meganium Ex
22nd January 2006, 2:42 AM
Well, it's a pretty good idea. Anwayz, ready for a topic?

If Corphish was about to be attacked by over 5 evil Pokémon, how do you think Combusken would react?

Lil Brother
22nd January 2006, 7:32 AM
If Corphish was about to be attacked by over 5 evil Pokémon, how do you think Combusken would react?

Eh, depends on her PMS level that day. :P (I kid!)

Depends on if they're doing the bickering siblings thing or not. If they weren't, Combuksen would go kick some arse like always. XD

And perhaps Pokéchowshipping? Eh, that bad...

Anikin
22nd January 2006, 11:34 AM
Combusken would defend Corphish and then they would apologize for all of their bickering.

Meganium Ex
22nd January 2006, 5:47 PM
And perhaps Pokéchowshipping? Eh, that bad...
PokéChowShipping? hat's not bad, quite creative ^^;;

And to answer the topic, I think Combusken would rpovide some destraction, as Corphish hits the Pokémon with a Crabhammer when they're destracted, and Combusken uses a flamethrower! =D

Lil Brother
25th January 2006, 4:51 AM
Mmm, new topic time appearantly.

How do you think the type barrier (Pokémon with types that have advantages over one another tend to not like each other) would be broken is Combusken/Corphish became canon?

Medical Meccanica
25th January 2006, 3:12 PM
From what little of the anime I've seen, I find a ship that I support =D woot!
PokéChowShipping is a good name for it, yeah.

How do you think the type barrier (Pokémon with types that have advantages over one another tend to not like each other) would be broken is Combusken/Corphish became canon?
Hmm... well, they say opposites attract. Also, the irony that's typical of the Pokemon anime from what I've seen (Example: Pokemon 1 likes Pokemon 2, Pokemon 2 doesn't like Pokemon 1, somethign happens to Pokemon 2 and it begins to like Pokemon 1, but Pokemon 1 is no longer attracted to it) might come into play here.

swift arrow
26th January 2006, 1:52 AM
I'm going to support this shipping because it seems so real.
and if they did an episode on it, it could be like a big fight between fire and water types so combusken and corphish save the day by showing how the two types can get along.

Meganium Ex
29th January 2006, 3:05 PM
and if they did an episode on it, it could be like a big fight between fire and water types so combusken and corphish save the day by showing how the two types can get along.
That's a good idea. Oh, and love your banner :D

Aptenodytes
29th January 2006, 6:40 PM
Sounds like a cool shipping! Ill support :D

Hmm... well, they say opposites attract. Also, the irony that's typical of the Pokemon anime from what I've seen (Example: Pokemon 1 likes Pokemon 2, Pokemon 2 doesn't like Pokemon 1, somethign happens to Pokemon 2 and it begins to like Pokemon 1, but Pokemon 1 is no longer attracted to it) might come into play here.

I dont know how to answer that question, but that answer makes sense.

Lil Brother
30th January 2006, 5:46 AM
and if they did an episode on it, it could be like a big fight between fire and water types so combusken and corphish save the day by showing how the two types can get along.Oh, that sounds good. I'll go with that. But to add a bit, maybe it'd be good for Corphish to be one of the more enthusiastic of the Water types because... he's Corphish! Likewise for Combusken, with her "Nobody's gettin' in MY way" attitude. But at the end they realize the sheer stupidity of the rivalry somehow or anyother, and do the friends bit to calm everyone down.

Whee. :D

Meganium Ex
30th January 2006, 10:05 PM
Oh, that sounds good. I'll go with that. But to add a bit, maybe it'd be good for Corphish to be one of the more enthusiastic of the Water types because... he's Corphish! Likewise for Combusken, with her "Nobody's gettin' in MY way" attitude. But at the end they realize the sheer stupidity of the rivalry somehow or anyother, and do the friends bit to calm everyone down.

Whee. :D
Yep, nice extra details :D

So, all are we all agreed on that the official name for this ship will be PokéChowShipping?

Aptenodytes
31st January 2006, 5:02 AM
OK that sounds like a cool name :D

Lil Brother
31st January 2006, 11:41 PM
Whee, I named a ship. XD

Hmm... new topic time! Someone else start makin' 'em! :P

Would you like Combusken/Corphish be cool if it was Combusken/Crawdaunt?

XD Yes. Although I'm not exactly liking the idea of Corphish evolving, but it'd still be good in my eyes.

Aptenodytes
1st February 2006, 12:29 AM
Yup definintly! ( you took the topic i was going to make -.-) Crawdaunt is almost as tall as combusken so it would be cool if corphish evolved :D

Meganium Ex
1st February 2006, 1:50 AM
Whee, I named a ship. XD

Hmm... new topic time! Someone else start makin' 'em! :P

XD Yes. Although I'm not exactly liking the idea of Corphish evolving, but it'd still be good in my eyes.
You've got my answer ;) Like you; I really don't want Corphish to evolve much (Sceptile made me dissapointed enough...), Combusken and Cophsish would make an even better pair if Corpish evolved

Aptenodytes
1st February 2006, 10:26 PM
Hmm what do you guys think of Blaziken and Crawdaunt? Personally, i think that would be going a little too far... :D

Meganium Ex
1st February 2006, 11:20 PM
Hmm what do you guys think of Blaziken and Crawdaunt? Personally, i think that would be going a little too far... :D
Yeah...That's going a little bit over the top ;)

Aptenodytes
2nd February 2006, 12:07 AM
Hmm how aboout a new topic? Uhh.... i cant think of any, someone help :p

Torchic23
2nd February 2006, 12:11 AM
I dunno, I guess this sound "cute"

As a fan of Torchic and Ash's Corpfish, I'll support this, they haven't shown a whole lot of Combusken a Corphish, but a love parody would be cool

Lil Brother
2nd February 2006, 12:24 AM
I see nothing wrong with Combusken evolving. Blaziken/Crawdaunt would be awesome. Blaziken/Corphish would be... kinda odd-looking. XD

Hmm. Topic, topic, topic. Oh, I know!

If Ash leaves Corphish with Professor Oak for the D/P saga, where would you like Combusken to go?
As bad as it would be for the ship, I'd like for Combusken to always be with May. She is her starter, of course. There is the possibility with May staying with Oak and Tracey but that's way too farfetched and out of left field.And I like May and what to see her stay on the show. So I'd perfer her to go with Ash to the D/P saga, even if he does leave Corphish behind.

Aptenodytes
2nd February 2006, 2:39 AM
If Ash leaves Corphish with Professor Oak for the D/P saga, where would you like Combusken to go? Well id still like to see cumbusken, but it would be nice if it evolved into blaziken in the 4th generation. It would be sad to see Corphish go, and this ship would go bye bye :p

Lil Brother
2nd February 2006, 2:43 AM
Not really. If PokeShippers can be desperate, why couldn't we?

ZING!

Oh, um, sorry. Forget I said that. Couldn't help it. :P

Meganium Ex
2nd February 2006, 9:36 PM
Welcome to the Thread, T23 :)

If Ash leaves Corphish with Professor Oak for the D/P saga, where would you like Combusken to go?
No matter if Ash leaves Cophish with Oak or not, I like Combusken to be Combusken. Blaziken looks weird with May, while Combusken looks perfect with May, IMO though. Blaziken and Corphish though...Looks weird ;)

Aptenodytes
4th February 2006, 6:20 AM
Welcome to the Thread, T23 :)

No matter if Ash leaves Cophish with Oak or not, I like Combusken to be Combusken. Blaziken looks weird with May, while Combusken looks perfect with May, IMO though. Blaziken and Corphish though...Looks weird ;)

Well a lot of people thought torchic was perfect for May as well :p Combusken just looks weird to me in my opinion.

Meganium Ex
4th February 2006, 4:09 PM
Well a lot of people thought torchic was perfect for May as well :p Combusken just looks weird to me in my opinion.
Well, I like May with Combusken :) Though probably nobody expected its evolution 0.o;;

And so...Got a new topic?

Lil Brother
5th February 2006, 1:02 AM
Yeporz!

..what? I like the sounds of that.

Do you honestly think this could become canon?

No. XD

Meganium Ex
5th February 2006, 4:17 AM
corphish is good
Uh...Thank you for sharing that with us...

Not really, but anything's possible, no? And I like creative and fandom Ships more, not boring, canon ones...

Aptenodytes
5th February 2006, 8:30 PM
I seriously doubt that, but hey anything is possible! (except for Ash releasing Pikachu in the anime XD)

Meganium Ex
3rd March 2006, 11:34 PM
Wow; only 2 more days and this thread would've been dead :o
And so, anyone got a topic?

Aptenodytes
5th March 2006, 7:07 PM
How about: Do you think Torchic would go on a date with Corphish is he every asked her out? Meh, bad topic >.<

Lil Brother
7th March 2006, 3:00 AM
Do you think Torchic would go on a date with Corphish is he every asked her out?Well, that goes into how Pokemon relationships work in the first place. Usually in the anime, they would just kind of be friends and then nuzzle nuzzle/kiss and the humans would go "OMG they like each other!" XD But those were mostly boring filler Pokes.

Maybe something like with Charizard and Charla. They fight and stuff but grow to like each other... but they would probably get straight to the sexxors. Short answer, I think Pokemon don't date and instead just pair up, so no. XD

Aptenodytes
7th March 2006, 6:57 AM
Do you think Torchic would go on a date with Corphish is he every asked her out?Well, that goes into how Pokemon relationships work in the first place. Usually in the anime, they would just kind of be friends and then nuzzle nuzzle/kiss and the humans would go "OMG they like each other!" XD But those were mostly boring filler Pokes.

Maybe something like with Charizard and Charla. They fight and stuff but grow to like each other... but they would probably get straight to the sexxors. Short answer, I think Pokemon don't date and instead just pair up, so no. XD

Well you got a good point there. I really don't remember any Pokemon that have been on "dates" before. o.O

Meganium Ex
30th March 2006, 9:00 PM
Dang, this thread's almost dead...

Anyways, anyone got a topic?

Aptenodytes
19th April 2006, 1:45 AM
Heh, I saved the thread ;).
Do you think Torchic was mature enough to take relationships seriously?

Lil Brother
19th April 2006, 2:30 AM
Do you think Torchic was mature enough to take relationships seriously?

No. :P

Combusken, yes.

But, a better question...

Is and will Corphish ever be able to take a relationship seriously and not just "oh boy, I want to get laid!"

I was talking about Mawile when I said that. XP

Aptenodytes
19th April 2006, 4:25 AM
Is and will Corphish ever be able to take a relationship seriously and not just "oh boy, I want to get laid!"
Of course not. He's always thinking about dirty thoughts XD. Just like Brock...