PDA

View Full Version : HandymanShipping Debate Thread

Kagome Higurashi
15th January 2006, 4:00 AM
I know we have an OrangeShipping Versus HandymanShipping thread, but I wanted there to be a place just for HandymanShipping.

Do you believe it will happen? Do you think it has lots of hints?

And please don't bring OrangeShipping in here.

To start things off, anyone have a list of HandymanShipping hints?

~Pokeshipper~
16th January 2006, 12:45 AM
well didn't daisy and tracey go on a date?

Kagome Higurashi
16th January 2006, 12:46 AM
yes so that means handymanshipping is canon1

i declare handymanshipping the winner!!!!

CyberCubed
16th January 2006, 12:50 AM
Is there any doubt that ~Pokeshipper~ and Kagome Higurashi are the same person?

cold_katanagirl
16th January 2006, 12:51 AM
Is there any doubt that ~Pokeshipper~ and Kagome Higurashi are the same person?I was about to say the same thing. =0

Magus
16th January 2006, 12:59 AM
It's not a lock that we'll ever see Daisy again now that the Hosos are over, and Tracey doesn't get much air time himself. I like the ship (it's cute, and it adds a little depth to Daisy to have her fall for a guy like Tracey instead of somebody more suited to the movie-star image she cultivates), but probably the only way it'll come up is if Daisy calls Tracey on the phone next time Ash is at Oak's lab, and some reference is made to her being his girlfriend.

Phantom_Bugsy
16th January 2006, 1:09 AM
Don't believe it will happen, don't believe it has lots of hints, believe Kagome and ~Pokeshipper~ are the same person.

LYK WOAH TEY WEN ON A DATE LAWL IT CANNOON. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Means nothing.

intergalactic platypus
16th January 2006, 1:57 AM
I don't think it has any evidence really. The only bit is when Daisy called Tracey nice, and that doesn't exactly exude sexual tension ;)

Magus
16th January 2006, 2:01 AM
I think it has sufficient evidence for a ship where the characters are this minor and have this little actual screen time together. Daisy being in a big hurry to show off a Luvdisc to Tracey before she even tells her sisters about it seems like a fairly strong hint to me. And Tracey acts like even the most unreasonable requests from Daisy are perfectly logical; even he isn't that nice.

CyberCubed
16th January 2006, 2:25 AM
Does it really matter that Daisy wants to show Tracey her Luvdisc? What's the big deal?

cold_katanagirl
16th January 2006, 2:35 AM
Does it really matter that Daisy wants to show Tracey her Luvdisc? What's the big deal?Luvdisc symbolizes the love Pokemon so Daisy wanting to show Tracey so badly is a hint or whatever.

I thought it was because she wanted to use him, but whatever floats your boat.. It's not like I've seen the episode, so who am I to judge anyway?

From what I hear, Handymanshipping seems far too vague for me to really consider it.

And someone confirm this date stuff: Did it happen in the original too? I hear from some it only happened in the dub and vv. If it happened in the original too, I have to wonder why it has never been brought up until the dub came out. Or I never heard about it, but others said they did... o_o

intergalactic platypus
16th January 2006, 2:58 AM
wait a minute Tracey and Daisy went on a date? oO thats just wierd

cold_katanagirl
16th January 2006, 3:06 AM
I hear Daisy takes him out as a thanks for doing something.

Now that I think about it, I just realized Luvdisc's Attract didn't work for Daisy and Tracey. Why isn't this considered an anti hint for all ships involving Misty, Tracey, and Daisy?

Magus
16th January 2006, 4:01 AM
I don't think Daisy was near Tracey until after the Attract was over.

Alfonso
16th January 2006, 3:53 PM
...Wasn't the 'date' Daisy allowing Tracey buy her dinner? ¬¬

intergalactic platypus
16th January 2006, 6:18 PM
Oh thats all? Ok

High Commander Solomon
16th January 2006, 6:20 PM
Cute idea but, as nearly all minor ships, fanon. I thought this much was generally agreed already (except perhaps the cute part, but that's individual opinion and besides rambling is fun - you should do it more often, it's cleansing)?

FabuVinny
16th January 2006, 6:22 PM
Both housous after Daisy returned to the Gym are full of HandymanShipping! The date is just an added bonus.

Does it really matter that Daisy wants to show Tracey her Luvdisc? What's the big deal?
Why did she go out of character to invite him to the Gym then?

CyberCubed
16th January 2006, 6:28 PM
Why is it so out of character for Daisy to invite Tracey? It's not like Daisy hates any of Misty's friends. She's never shown any dislike to Ash and Brock when they stopped over in "The Misty Mermaid".

Alfonso
16th January 2006, 6:40 PM
Both housous after Daisy returned to the Gym are full of HandymanShipping! The date is just an added bonus.

Yeah! I can see how Daisy imagining her sister with the guy she's supposed to like is totally Handymanshippy! :D

And there was me thinking it was an Anti-Hint and that the entire Luvdisc Hoso went against everything that was 'supposed' to have happened in the previous Misty Hoso.

Not to mention, nobody ever mentions the date again. Must not have gone well then, eh?

Not to mention, the exact line from the episode:

"I'm letting him take me to dinner as a thank you gift!"

Yeah, sure sounds like a date to me. More like Daisy making a chump out of poor gulliable Tracey after he did all those repairs. And that quote is *exact*... I've got the episode playing now on my PS2. :P

Why did she go out of character to invite him to the Gym then?

...Because he's Misty's friend? Because she wanted to use him for her play plans?

cold_katanagirl
16th January 2006, 7:16 PM
I thought Daisy was trying to manipulate Tracey into helping her with the play, and that involved getting the Luvdisc to get along. I don't really see a reason why she's just showing Luvdisc because she likes him.

Magus
17th January 2006, 12:29 AM
Daisy asking Tracey to be in the play seemed like a spur-of-the-moment thing to me. Daisy clearly had envisioned Misty as the mermaid from the start (Plot contrivance to include a scene of Misty in her popular mermaid suit? Could be.), but Tracey as the prince struck me as an afterthought on her part. So if Tracey wasn't invited to rope him into the play (Why would Daisy bother anyway, when she could just cast herself, Lily, or Violet as the prince?), why did she want to show a Pokémon described officially as a "symbol of love and romance" to Tracey even before she showed her sisters? "She doesn't hate him" isn't a reason.

CyberCubed
17th January 2006, 12:33 AM
"She doesn't hate him" isn't a reason.

Although the fact that "She doesn't like him" may be the reason.

Magus
17th January 2006, 12:35 AM
She invited Tracey over to her home because he doesn't like him? How little sense does that make?

cold_katanagirl
I thought Daisy also wanted Tracey to help out with getting the Luvdisc together if I'm not mistaken, and I think she wanted him because he was a Pokemon Watcher. And if he's coming, why not get him in the play too?

I still don't see why Daisy didn't imagine herself with Tracey instead of Misty.

Since when do you need to be in love to invite someone over?

CyberCubed
She invited Tracey over because she knows he's Misty's friend, not because she has romantic interest in him.

Magus
17th January 2006, 12:45 AM
That still doesn't make sense. You don't invite your younger sibling's friends over just because they're her friends. I still think it's significant that Daisy called Tracey over before she even told Violet and Lily about her new Pokémon that she was obviously proud of.

cold_katanagirl's idea that Daisy wanted somebody knowledgable about Pokémon (a Pokémon Watcher and apprentice to Professor Oak would qualify) to help with the Luvdiscs makes some sense, but I don't remember Daisy actually asking Tracey to do that.

cold_katanagirl
17th January 2006, 12:47 AM
... Alfonso, would you mind telling us what the damn characters said? Or someone who's seen the episode because apparantly the guide sucks? <_<

I hate to refer to the guide and all, but I would expect the person to know what's going on. Since, well, they wrote a guide for it.

Jo-Jo
17th January 2006, 3:39 AM
I think it's possible that Daisy finds Tracey sort of cute. She does get a tiny bit flirty with him. But IMO that's as far as Handymanshipping goes. I like the ship a lot, but it doesn't have any really convincing hints.

Alfonso
17th January 2006, 6:14 PM
... Alfonso, would you mind telling us what the damn characters said? Or someone who's seen the episode because apparantly the guide sucks? <_<

I hate to refer to the guide and all, but I would expect the person to know what's going on. Since, well, they wrote a guide for it.

...I already posted what was said in my previous post in this thread. o_o

"I'm letting him take me to dinner as a thank you gift!"

^Exact quote

That was in reply to Tracey saying 'Well, while I was here, I thought I would do some minor repairs', or something along those lines. Pretty much the exact line, actually.

She used him to clean the Gym and make repairs. She then made him buy her dinner as a 'thank you gift'. She used him for her play plans.

Yeah. Everything HandyManshippers class as hints seem rather like Daisy taking advantage of Tracey's kind nature.

And before you say 'Oh, but not even Tracey is that nice...', may I remind you of 'The Joy of Pokemon', where he risked his life going out to sea in stormy weather to save someone he just met?

Not to mention, what sort of girl would imagine the guy she likes in a romantic situation with someone else, ESPECIALLY her young sister? It's just something YOU DO NOT DO. End of.

Magus
18th January 2006, 1:25 AM
Daisy is a professional actress and model. She doesn't have any need to con other people into buying her meals. Even if she has no real interest in Tracey, I'm sure she genuinely thinks that letting him take her out to dinner is a reward.

CyberCubed
18th January 2006, 1:56 AM
Uh, you do realize that Misty's sisters are generally overly selfish? There's really not much to say about Handymanshipping, and since the Hoso's are dead we may not even see Daisy again for a long time.

However we WILL see Misty/Tracey again, since they're former main characters. I bet the next time we see them will be right before Ash is ready to head off to the D/P region, and all the others will be there at his house right before he heads off.

In that way, Orangeshipping is a far more plausible ship than Handymanshipping.

Magus
18th January 2006, 3:52 AM
This thread is just about Handymanshipping. If you want Orangeshipping vs Handymanshipping, there's already a thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=99020) for that.

CyberCubed
18th January 2006, 3:55 AM
I'm aware of that, I just said why it's unlikely that we'll see anything new about Handymanshipping anytime soon. (If ever, since it didn't even appear to be a ship to me to begin with)

Meganium Ex
19th January 2006, 10:17 PM
Is there any doubt that ~Pokeshipper~ and Kagome Higurashi are the same person?
They are, obviously. Look at their profies. Both say the same thing: Last visited Jan 15, 6:46

~Pokeshipper~/ Kagome probably logged in to both their accounts at the same time...(Sorry for being off-topic)
Edit: And both their posts were only a 1 minute difftence :o

Kiori
19th January 2006, 11:09 PM
Bah! This is just ridiculous. Make a Handymanshipping thread, discuss the hints there, and THEN make a debate about it AFTER you gather at least several evidences. One more thing: READ THE DAMN RULES. There's no point in a shipping debate unless you can provide examples that are actually true or close to it where the majority of the fans of the ship can actually agree with it.

Next time you create a debate thread like these, it may be your last.

*closes*

PS: Excuse me. This may be a ridiculous debate thread, but NO ONE had an excuse to go and post things as suspecting people. *stamp warning signs on your faces*