PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Attacking Prof. Oak

asia_catdog_blue
15th January 2006, 8:52 PM
May I ask why are all those Pokemon hurting Professor Oak in his lab?

Geodude
15th January 2006, 8:54 PM
Oak's Pokemon Lecture was a segment that used to air at the end of every Japanese episode. Oak would pick a Pokemon at random and talk about it for a while as footage of it from a previous episode would play. Then something funny would happen involving that Pokemon and Oak, often meaning that it would attack him, either intentionally or accidentally.

asia_catdog_blue
15th January 2006, 9:08 PM
Oh, Thanks. I hope it comes out here on the U.S.

Rex Kamex
15th January 2006, 9:19 PM
It won't. It's been in Japan for years and it still hasn't come here yet. And for your other thread, you can just delete the first post in order to get rid of the entire thread.

asia_catdog_blue
15th January 2006, 9:38 PM
I wish it did come out. I wonder why not.

Kamex
15th January 2006, 10:26 PM
I wish it did come out. I wonder why not.
I believe it had something to do with time constraints of the episode.

FlareonJupiter
16th January 2006, 3:24 AM
If anyone has the American VHS version of the first movie, at the beginning they actually have a dubbed version of one of the lectures, re-written so Oak could introduce the feature presentation. At the end, when Oak says, "Isn't that right, Alakazam?", Alakazam uses a Psychic attack -- and the professor is freaked out when all he has on is his underwear! LOL

So this is the closest thing we get as far as the lectures go outside of Japan...

Geki
16th January 2006, 6:01 AM
Oak should get eaten by a Victreebel, like James has in the past. XD

Judai Yuki
16th January 2006, 6:18 AM
A VHS of the first movie?!Where would one find that anymore?Dont say ebay silly

Blackjack Gabbiani
16th January 2006, 6:29 AM
Used video stores would probably have it...

ハルカ and ゴンベ
16th January 2006, 6:33 AM
Mmk...Anyone else notice that this thread is going no where and the topic almost completely changed?

Geki
16th January 2006, 6:35 AM
Used video stores would probably have it...

I have VHS of the 1st Movie in FYE. They also have tons of AG and other movies on VHS.

V Faction
16th January 2006, 6:40 AM
Oak gets attacked because he:

A) Has delicious candies in his pockets.

B) Has the Pokemon's young in his pockets.

C) Is carrying a Pokeball, used to capture said Pokemon, in his pockets.

D) Is actually a dangerous criminal in disguise. In his pockets.

E) All of the Above. In his pockets.

stu770
16th January 2006, 8:56 AM
you can get the first movie from amazon.com or if you are from england its amazon.co.uk

sdp
17th May 2006, 5:16 PM
wow, why would 4K!ds not dub that?
I liked that segment from the movie, why did they take it out for the DVD?... ;(

how many of them have been produced? its a shame we wil never see them though.

♥Princess Ketchum♥
17th May 2006, 5:33 PM
I Thought the bit before the first movie with prof.oak was funny ^.^

Jesse GS the II
17th May 2006, 9:25 PM
wow, why would 4K!ds not dub that?

Over in Japan, there aren't as many time constraints on televised programming, since their broadcast TV system isn't as rabid about commercials as the American system is. Thus, it allows for longer running times for pretty much all their shows. "Pocket Monsters" took advantage of that by putting in the lectures, but there's not enough time allotted to the show in America to fit it in, so it got the ax overseas.

intergalactic platypus
17th May 2006, 10:07 PM
Oak is pretty much a magnet for abuse. Him and poor James seem to have a giant "kick me" sign on their backs or something

YoshiAngemon
18th May 2006, 1:20 AM
Ax, nothing! It got shafted by the PokéRap, and later, Pikachu's Jukebox!

Kamex
18th May 2006, 1:42 AM
Ax, nothing! It got shafted by the PokéRap, and later, Pikachu's Jukebox!
I was just wondering about that. If they used to have room for that stuff, and now they have lots of timecuts too, than how come they have no room anymore?

SuperShadow
18th May 2006, 2:33 AM
If anyone has the American VHS version of the first movie, at the beginning they actually have a dubbed version of one of the lectures, re-written so Oak could introduce the feature presentation. At the end, when Oak says, "Isn't that right, Alakazam?", Alakazam uses a Psychic attack -- and the professor is freaked out when all he has on is his underwear! LOL

So this is the closest thing we get as far as the lectures go outside of Japan...
I remember that! I really do wish that was that was in the US, that would be ultra funny for many, oh yeah, didn't he also have his lab coat on?

Jesse GS the II
18th May 2006, 2:35 AM
It's partially the FCC's fault for allowing so much advertising time, and it's partially Kids' WB's fault for eating up so much of that time with lengthy network promos.

I never understood the purpose of the PokéRap - apparently, nobody in America thinks that kids would want to see the ending credits of this show (and given the divine animated segments that go with them in Japan, it's truly a shame to see them get squeezed down to nothing over here).

Abraace
18th May 2006, 4:24 AM
It still doesn't explain why Prof. Oak is just so damn easy to target with Poke-violence/humiliation.