PDA

View Full Version : Server woes

Eszett
15th January 2006, 11:30 PM
Does the server act unresponsive to anybody else here? It's been slow as of late, even going down at times from this client.

Methinks it would work better if the matter was alleviated somewhat. The old server worked fine; why couldn't we stick with that one? At the very least I feel that some of the flaws in this one could be fixed.

PLANES CURE TOWERS
15th January 2006, 11:36 PM
I'm gonna be honest with you. I've experienced 0% problems with the server. :/

Indeed the screen captures (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/Eszett/nobodyon.png) you've presented at other (http://tinyurl.com/bvyv8) places suggest issues. Meh, I guess it's down to what everyone else says.

-Josh

Fluorescent Adolescent
15th January 2006, 11:42 PM
Does the server act unresponsive to anybody else here? It's been slow as of late, even going down at times from this client.
It's been much slower for me over the past few weeks ;x

SlimShady
15th January 2006, 11:43 PM
The server may be slower lately but is still fine. o.O
EDIT: I take back. Website not available windows keep popping up all the time in the past few weeks and I need to constantly refresh. I am getting annoyed.

Mimori Kiryu
15th January 2006, 11:51 PM
I've had that problem today too. It keeps taking forever to load and comes up with 'Website Unavailable'. I don't know why though. :/

SlimShady
15th January 2006, 11:54 PM
Maybe the server Admin (Ricocheting?) has to get to the problem. Or maybe Serebii himself. o.O

Mimori Kiryu
15th January 2006, 11:56 PM
Probably. :/ It's not doing it that much anymore. Maybe it slows itself and then fixes itself as well.

Orion-Sama
16th January 2006, 12:12 AM
Got the same problem. The server goes slow at times, and goes down for a while. It comes back in a while, though.

Not much of a hindrance to me, but it's important to remark it, I say...

Eszett
16th January 2006, 12:14 AM
I'm gonna be honest with you. I've experienced 0% problems with the server. :/

Indeed the screen captures (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/Eszett/nobodyon.png) you've presented at other ([URL=http://tinyurl.com/bvyv8) places suggest issues. Meh, I guess it's down to what everyone else says.

-JoshLearn to link (http://tinyurl.com/bvyv8). :p

Ever since Serebii switched to the new server, I've been experiencing more problems from here. The old server worked just fine. Why bother fixing something that isn't broken already. I just don't get the logic. :confused: [/minirant]

Anyways, yeah, the issues with this server have once again been waxing in recent times, not just for me but evidently for several others. Surely Serebii or Cay or something that manages this stuff would be able to fix it.

Luke Groundwalker
16th January 2006, 12:45 AM
Ever since Serebii switched to the new server, I've been experiencing more problems from here. The old server worked just fine. Why bother fixing something that isn't broken already. I just don't get the logic. :confused: [/minirant]
Actually, I don't think it's this new server that's causing the problems. I go to a forum all the time with this same server and it works just fine. Maybe it's the amount of members on SPPf? Though that kind of thing could be easily fixed with hacks, but Joe is apparentlly too afraid to use them to make SPPf a better place, or he's too lazy to look them up. Either way, Joe has to do something about this problem before it gets worse.

Wolf Goddess
16th January 2006, 1:12 AM
For those of you who go to A.N.A.L., you know full well that they like to go down about once a week.

Ethereal
16th January 2006, 1:14 AM
Twice a week, on average.

It's not like Joe's gonna pay attention to this thread, anyways. We're all wasting our time. ¬¬

DigitalKaede
16th January 2006, 1:24 AM
I know it's acting weird. One time I looked at the index and only 3 members (including me) were active then I couldn't logged on. And today, I couldn't get on for quite a while cuz it never let me access SPPf

Serebii
16th January 2006, 1:40 AM
The server is usually slow this time each week for Backups

Ethereal
16th January 2006, 1:40 AM
Fair enough. Now, I have one less thing to complain about. :)

Serebii
16th January 2006, 2:01 AM
Oh yeah, on Wednesday we were down for 6 hours while they were installing a new router into the network

Wolf Goddess
16th January 2006, 2:03 AM
Ah, that's good to know. Thanks for telling us what's going on.

Serebii
16th January 2006, 2:07 AM
I would have given pre-emptive info on the thing on Wednesday but I forgot to check that e-mail address til after the downtime started

Eszett
16th January 2006, 2:08 AM
I'm glad to hear that, Serebii. I thought it was just the server acting haywire.

Serebii
16th January 2006, 2:09 AM
Na, this server is a brilliant server...the only reason the forums slow down is due to the mass size of the forum database causing problems and taking all server usage

Eszett
16th January 2006, 2:11 AM
Also, while you're here how often are old accounts/posts pruned?

SlimShady
16th January 2006, 4:21 AM
Weekly, I believe. That is what Serebii said at one time.

Final Flash
16th January 2006, 1:32 PM
Also, while you're here how often are old accounts/posts pruned?

Accounts Are pruned after 1 1/2 Months of Inactivity I think. Also, Maybe the prune dates should change, How about 30 Days Of Inactivity?

Serebii
16th January 2006, 2:34 PM
I believe Eszett meant how often I do it. It's usually every one or two weeks but im a busy guy so its sometimes more

indigestible_wad
16th January 2006, 7:29 PM
The reason why it's not one month is because fanfiction is not always updated that fast. Don't be so selfish. Two months is fine. Not thirty days.