PDA

View Full Version : Teen Titans Ships

.:Tremolo:.
16th January 2006, 1:38 PM
I think mostly Robin and Starfire and Jynx and Kid Flash. But what do you think?

blackice2
16th January 2006, 1:59 PM
Beast Boy/Tara
Cyborg/Bumble Bee

CyberCubed
16th January 2006, 4:09 PM
Well there's two ships that are confirmed canon now that the show is over:

Robin/Starfire
Kid Flash/Jinx

I really like Starfire/Raven though. Ever since that episode in the first season where they switched bodies I loved that ship. Since their personalities are so different it would be amusing to see them together.

In one of the comics Raven kisses Starfire too, too bad that didn't happen in the cartoon. :p

Jo-Jo
16th January 2006, 4:20 PM
I lovelovelove Raven/BeastBoy. Sadly not canon, though. Robin/Starfire is great, too.

Jinx hooked up with Kid Flash? Interesting.

Kasumi-chan
16th January 2006, 4:56 PM
I support Robin/Starfire. I have heard that Starfire kisses robin sometime in the cartoon but i dont know.

Valkyrie X
16th January 2006, 5:23 PM
HUGE Robin x Starfire fan here (I even claimed it in the Couple-Claiming Thread =P). It's definitely my favorite Teen Titans ship.

I also love Beast Boy x Raven...Their personalities are so different; it's such an amusing ship. XD It's just too cute.

Forgive me, but I can't stand Beast Boy x Tara...It just irks me for some reason. >_> I dunno, there's something about that ship that just doesn't seem right, but I can't put my finger on it. o_O

;381;ZR;380;

Silver Ryu
16th January 2006, 10:55 PM
Ooh! I like Robin/Starfire and Terra/BB. I know, boring canon ships, (well, in the case of the second one, whether it's canon or not is debatable, but...) but I'm the type who supports shippings that have evidence, and that I like. Usually both.

cold_katanagirl
16th January 2006, 10:58 PM
I lovelovelove Raven/BeastBoy.They kissed in a comic. There was a picture of it in another thread somewhere, I'll find it...

Anyway though, I like Beast Boy x Terra, Robin x Raven, Robin x Starfire, and Kid Flash x Jynx. BB x Raven phails. D:

... Wow, my ships are so... Dull. Ah well. o_o

EDIT: Found the pic. Clickie. (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/thekrystalmethod/ravenandgar.jpg)

About Kid Flash and Jynx... Was it canon in the comics too? From what I heard, he was in love with Raven, but Raven didn't love him back. o_o

The Red Butterfly
16th January 2006, 11:02 PM
I don't see y Beastboy x Raven isn't canon they've had their moments!!!!! :) Also I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE THE ROBIN x STARFIRE ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The prom episode was great!!

Locke Yggdrasill
16th January 2006, 11:02 PM
I really haven't seen any season 5, but from watching 1-4, I say Terra/BB, and Robin/Star.
Although I saw the series finale(season 5) (and yes, I say series, because I presume it's the last episode) and Kid Flash and Jinx looked...in love. :3

CyberCubed
16th January 2006, 11:04 PM
Today was the final episode of Teen Titans, not the last one with the Brotherhood of Evil.

The final episode was appalling however, most fans will probably be disappointed how it ends.

Hint: If you watched the final episode of Angel (Buffy spinoff), you'll know what to expect from the last ep of Teen Titans. :/

cold_katanagirl
16th January 2006, 11:07 PM
An episode of Teen Titans came on today?

... WHAT HAPPENED?! DAMMIT I HAVE TO KNOW! *goes insane*

CyberCubed
16th January 2006, 11:08 PM
Don't worry, the episode will air again on Toonami this Saturday. Today they aired the ep as a bonus on Miguzi.

You'll be disappointed though, trust me. The series finale gives us more questions than answers.

cold_katanagirl
16th January 2006, 11:11 PM
Don't worry, the episode will air again on Toonami this Saturday. Today they aired the ep as a bonus on Miguzi.

You'll be disappointed though, trust me. The series finale gives us more questions than answers.... Damn it. I have a band concert all day Saturday. Damn region band. <__<

... Gah. I wish it would come on again today.

CyberCubed
16th January 2006, 11:13 PM
Meh, the final episode makes the whole series feel worthless, so you're not missing much. (I wish the series ended with the one where they defeated the Brotherhood of Evil and this one didn't exist)

Although it does make past ship a possibility again. Otherwise bah.

Toran Frostbite
16th January 2006, 11:14 PM
Today was the final episode of Teen Titans, not the last one with the Brotherhood of Evil.

You mean TODAY? As in Sunday? >.< When did that happen?? And you think it might repeat?

Couples I favor happen to be Cyborg/Jynx (damn you, future!Impulse, just damn you), Robin/Raven, Raven/Starfire, and Aqualad/Speedy.

cold_katanagirl
16th January 2006, 11:14 PM
Meh, the final episode makes the whole series feel worthless, so you're not missing much. (I wish the series ended with the one where they defeated the Brotherhood of Evil and this one didn't exist)Wow, it was really that bad? What a letdown. D:
Although it does make past ship a possibility again. Otherwise bah.Ooooh, BB/Terra?!

CyberCubed
16th January 2006, 11:17 PM
You mean TODAY? As in Sunday? >.< When did that happen?? And you think it might repeat?

Today is Monday, the episode aired at 4pm EST.

Wow, it was really that bad?

Well if you like finale's that are open ended and that leave a LOT of questions for the fans to figure out on their own, then you might like it. The final episode feels like a start to a brand new story arc, because there's so damn much that they put into the final episode just to confuse people. Sadly knowing it was the last episode, it's very disappointing. You'll be scratching your head trying to figure out why the hell they did what they did.

Ooooh, BB/Terra?!

:rolleyes:

I'm not saying more than that. If you can see it this Saturday at its usual time of 8pm, go for it.

cold_katanagirl
16th January 2006, 11:19 PM
Well if you like finale's that are open ended and that leave a LOT of questions for the fans to figure out on their own, then you might like it. The final episode feels like a start to a brand new story arc, because there's so damn much that they put into the final episode just to confuse people. Sadly knowing it was the last episode, it's very disappointing. You'll be scratching your head trying to figure out why the hell they did what they did.... Sounds like an Inuyasha ending. Meaning it sucks. =/
:rolleyes:

I'm not saying more than that. If you can see it this Saturday at its usual time of 8pm, go for it.So cruel. D:

Ankari Elric
17th January 2006, 12:00 AM
TerraxBeastboy
RobinxRaven
StarxAqualad
CyborgxBumblebee

Power Shot
17th January 2006, 12:48 AM
Are you sure it was the last episode? I mean, if they were continuing it from there it might not have been that bad. Though the last Brotherhood of Evil episode was so funny at the end, when it showed all the Titans against Dr. Light.

That has got to be one of the funnier parts of the series, but my all-time favorite was the prom one. Flat out, it was awesome. I didn't care about the shipping in that one, it was that funny.

Silver Ryu
17th January 2006, 12:48 AM
OK, that last episode was just stupid. -_- Seriously, WTF? I have so many questions, and it's so confusing! What was that thing that could change itself? How do they beat it? What the hell is wrong with Terra, and how did she come back? God, I felt so sad for Beast Boy when I watched that thing. ;_; He really loved her...but I guess the feeling isn't mutual anymore.

There goes all hope for Terra/BB. Oh, well. I'm not much of a shipper anyway.

Wish I'd seen the one where they beat the Brotherhood of Evil or whatever. It sounded awesome.

CyberCubed
17th January 2006, 12:50 AM
Are you sure it was the last episode? I mean, if they were continuing it from there it might not have been that bad. Though the last Brotherhood of Evil episode was so funny at the end, when it showed all the Titans against Dr. Light.

It was the last episode, I watch the DC cartoons and keep up to date on the news, and this was episode 65 of Season 5. The show is over, all that's left is the direct-to-DVD movie coming out.

Megchan
17th January 2006, 1:02 AM
They kissed in a comic. There was a picture of it in another thread somewhere, I'll find it...

Anyway though, I like Beast Boy x Terra, Robin x Raven, Robin x Starfire, and Kid Flash x Jynx. BB x Raven phails. D:

... Wow, my ships are so... Dull. Ah well. o_o

EDIT: Found the pic. Clickie. (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/thekrystalmethod/ravenandgar.jpg)

About Kid Flash and Jynx... Was it canon in the comics too? From what I heard, he was in love with Raven, but Raven didn't love him back. o_o

No, Jynx in the comics is a woman...an ugly one at that. And I think it was that other way around Raven loved Kid Flash, but he didn't love her. You can find any info on the comics here: http://www.titanstower.com

The final episode was appalling however, most fans will probably be disappointed how it ends.

Hint: If you watched the final episode of Angel (Buffy spinoff), you'll know what to expect from the last ep of Teen Titans. :/

I have to agree with you. The only good thing IMO was that we got to see Terra again.

cold_katanagirl
17th January 2006, 1:05 AM
It was Kid Flash that loved her.
Raven used her emotion-manipulating powers to make Wally fall in love with her – and in turn, he joined this new group of Teen Titans. Wally was consistently protective of Raven, and came to blows with Robin when he challenged her true motives.I think later it he fell in love with her for real or some crap... I don't feel like looking.

Anyway though... WTF BB/Terra dies?! Awww. :(

Megchan
17th January 2006, 1:14 AM
It was Kid Flash that loved her.I think later it he fell in love with her for real or some crap... I don't feel like looking.

Anyway though... WTF BB/Terra dies?! Awww. :(
=O.o= Who said that?! (I mean about the spoiler)

cold_katanagirl
17th January 2006, 1:17 AM
There goes all hope for Terra/BB.

Saturday is such a long time from now. I might have to record it... Too bad my VCR is busted. Hmmm. <_<

Meganium Ex
17th January 2006, 9:11 PM
Well, I support:

Robin ♥ Starfire
Robin ♥ Raven
Raven ♥ Beast Boy
Tara ♥ Beast Boy

See how all my ships intifere with each other? =O Anwayz, are you sure that's the final episode of TT, Cyber? I mean, maybe it'll stop for awhile, maybe years, but then it'll come back? Meh, I guess we'll have to be pretty lucky for that to happen :(

I mean, really, why would Cartoon Network cancel one of their greatest and actually 'good' shows? I gotta say, that's the most stupidest thing that they ever made! *Writes it down on the Stupidest things to happen notepad*

Anywayz, At least Tara's back! But BB/Tara is now dooped...But at least it gives a chance for BB/Raven to be cannon!...If the show continues, that is ><;; BTW, is the comic still continuing though?

Razorsaw
18th January 2006, 11:30 PM
I liked the final episode. I found a really good defense of it, which can be read here:

http://teentitans.toonzone.net/index.php?content=reviews/thingschange/index

If you don't want to end up spoiled, stop reading NOW.

I haven't always been a fan of the Teen Titans show. I had never heard of them before the show began, having only watched Justice League, Superman, and so forth. When I finally did get around to watching it, I was disappointed. My first episode was 'Final Exam', and I wasn't particularly impressed. It was the same pseudo anime stuff that I'd seen in a dozen other shows, and the action was pretty slow, and bluntly, a bit boring. But then I saw 'Masks', and my opinion changed forever. There was something great beneath the 'kiddie kiddie' atmosphere. I gradually got used to the exaggerated anime expressions, and even grew to enjoy them so much that I missed them during their absence in the beginning of Season 5. In the end, I finally realized what Teen Titans was all about: heart.

Now that's not to say shows like Justice League Unlimited and Batman Beyond don't have heart; it's very much the opposite. But those shows are the 'thinking man's' superhero show, if you will. Teen Titans is governed by emotion and style. And that's what is at the heart of the series finale, 'Things Change'.

I can safely say that the Teen Titans crew had never done something like this before. It was unique, incredible, and beautiful. And yet, I see so many complaints and criticisms leveled at the episode, my mind boggles. One of these criticisms is the fact that the other Titans subplot is given nowhere near as much attention as the Beast Boy/Terra storyline. And so, to defend this wonderful episode, let me redirect you to the press blurb that accompanied the episode:

After months of fighting the Brotherhood of Evil around the globe, the Teen Titans are finally back home. But a walk through the city reveals that things are no longer as they remembered. And while Beast Boy wants everything to be just like it was in the past, he has to face the fact that in life things change.

You'll notice that Beast Boy is the only character mentioned by name in the synopsis, and this is with good reason. I doubt I would get much argument when I say that Season 5 has been Beast Boy's season (much more so than Season 2, which is now Terra's season). It shows his journey from an immature and (more than slightly) nervous boy into a confident and capable hero.

As we begin Season 5, Beast Boy is being the same character we are used to ("Get it? Tuba? Snorkel? Tuborkel!"). Suddenly, as soon as it becomes clear that the Doom Patrol are in trouble, Beast Boy changes into a character that we have only seen glimpses of in previous seasons ('Betrayal', 'Aftershock', 'The Beast Within'). We see that when he is called upon, he can cast aside his self imposed image of the immature jokester and step up to the plate. However, after 'Homecoming' is over, Beast Boy sees it as clearance to act as his old self again, constantly trying to forget about the past and once more become the comedy relief in episodes like 'Snowblind' and 'Revved Up'. And it works, until 'Calling All Titans' and 'Titans Together', where he once again must assume his 'serious' mode and proceeds to successfully free the other Titans and defeat the Brotherhood of Evil, something that the Doom Patrol could never do.

However, even then, Beast Boy attempts to become what he once was ("Dudes, check it out; Brain Freeze!"). What Terra's return in 'Things Change' accomplishes is to finally show Beast Boy that he has come too far to go back. In fact, one could argue that the entire episode is Beast Boy's subconscious mind trying to get him to move on and to grow up. Each of the different characters could represent Beast Boy's trying, on some level, to push himself in the right direction. Terra is a gentle nudge, trying to convince him that he can't go on as he wants to. The Slade robot is far more abrasive, but the message is the same. And finally, the Titans are appealing to Beast Boy's unselfish, heroic nature, with Robin's message spelling it out as bluntly as possible:

"Beast Boy! We need you!"

And this finally accomplishes what the season has been trying to do all along; get Beast Boy to grow up. And he would not have been able to do that without some closure on Terra.

That is why the other Titans are not featured prominently. Their subplots and themes have already been resolved in this season, albeit in a more subtle way.

1) Robin has become far more trusting of his team, and shows much more willingness in allowing them to help him ('Revved Up'). His relationship with Starfire has also been resolved to a satisfactory conclusion in Season 4, no less ('Stranded'), showing that he is becoming far more comfortable with her as well as the idea of the two of them being together (this is subtly hinted at in 'Titans Together': "I could use a hand.")

2) Starfire's main difficulty throughout the series has been her difficulty fitting in with earth culture. By Season 5, she had become so comfortable and at home on Earth and with its people that she even brought an exiled man out of his self imposed retirement ('Snowblind') through her simple force of will and understanding of humanity.

3) Raven has also come far from the dark recluse of the earlier seasons. Because of the events of Season 4, she is much more comfortable with her emotions, as evidenced by her unofficially adopting three children ('Hide and Seek', 'Titans Together').

4) As usual, Cyborg is left as the odd man out, as his message has usually been the same in his spotlight episodes, that it's not the technology that makes him a hero, it's his humanity.

As you can see, Beast Boy is the only character left. The other Titans' battle with the white creature shows that they are comfortable enough with themselves to move on and continue with their lives, while Beast Boy continues to chase the past in the form of Terra ("Why can't things go back to the way they were?").

Obviously there are many Terra fans who are outraged by her 'return that isn't a return'. One of the things that writers are often concerned with is fan service (something that Teen Titans sister show, Justice League Unlimited, has been accused of many times). If Terra had been brought back only to become the same as she was before, it would be detrimental to the lesson of the episode; that things change, and life goes on. And consider this: even if Terra had returned as she was before, she most likely would have run away again, being unable to face up to the guilt of what she had done.

Slade would also have been a deciding factor if she had returned in such a way; he would have stalked her until she was his again. As it is now, Slade obviously has no interest in pursuing her. Perhaps it is out of some perverse affection for his former apprentice that he doesn't want her to come to any more harm, and this is what prompts him to send the robot to dissuade Beast Boy. I cannot honestly think of any other way that the writers could have brought her back and still make her happy. If she was brought back as before, she would have been miserable. Fans of the character should be pleased that she has finally found (if not entirely psychologically healthy) peace and closure.

But the most common criticism is that this episode doesn't do what a series finale should: tie up loose ends. The identities of Slade and Red X are not loose ends that need tying up. Slade has a second name, yes. He has a face beneath that mask, yes. What difference would it make to the character at this point to show the audience his face, or reveal that he is Jericho's father? None whatsoever. And as for Red X, he's hardly even a character. He's a symbol of Robin's darker side, of a past mistake he would prefer to forget. He also acts as a mirror of the Boy Wonder, showing him what he could have been like if he had gone off the rails instead of being raised by Batman.

Of course, there are questions raised in this episode (Is that really Terra? Does she really have amnesia? Why did Slade send a robot to attack Beast Boy? What the name of Hades is that white thing?), and all of them immaterial to what the episode was trying to do; complete Beast Boy's character arc. Many people have argued that 'Titans Together' would have made a better series finale, but that leaves Beast Boy at the exact same place he was when we first met him in Season 1.

If 'Titans Together' had been the final episode of the series, I would have a felt little bit short-changed. The episode speeds by at such a pace that you hardly have any time to acknowledge what's going on and really allow it to sink in. After I watched it, it hadn't stuck in my mind. It was a fantastic episode, don't get me wrong. But 'Things Change' had such a leisurely pace. It allowed you to truly get to grips with the concept and wrestle with it. And, most importantly, it leaves you thinking about it long after it's finished.

A Teen Titans episode has never done that to me before. As I have mentioned earlier, Teen Titans is driven by emotional and stylistic stories. It is very much dominated by the characters, rather than the situations they are in. That is why the stories cannot be scrutinized and looked at too closely, lest they fall apart. I have never been moved to write an essay on an episode of any TV show, animated or otherwise, and certainly never Teen Titans. That was the biggest indicator to me that this episode was something special.

And in the end, a series finale shouldn't be a quick paced 'wam bam' affair (though it sometimes can be). It should take you back to the roots of the show and remind you of what you loved about it. And at its heart, this show was about five teenagers learning life lessons, ranging from fitting in ('Sisters'), to obsession ('Haunted') to racism ('Troq'), and drug abuse ('Overdrive'). And personally, I can't think of a life lesson more important than knowing when to grow up.

“Beast Boy to Robin; I’m on my way. Over.”