PDA

View Full Version : Clock?

Bulk
16th January 2006, 7:54 PM
Erm, just a small question (minor but annoying)

Is the clock for the forums wrong. It seems to be 4 mins ahead but it may just be my computer, my family clock and my radio clock which tells the exact time but still.

It's just a little annoying and it'd be nice if it could be fixed.

Thanks

Locke Yggdrasill
16th January 2006, 7:55 PM
I believe the timezones go down to the second, so you may be four minute timezones off of the dead center. The clock is off by two minutes for me.

Bulk
16th January 2006, 7:58 PM
Well I'm running on GMT which is what the forums are done in. Also, it never used to be like this, I only noticed it yesturday but I was too tired to do anything about it. It's just a tad annoying but if it's nothing don't worry bout it.

Jetx
16th January 2006, 8:12 PM
I don't think serebii is the one who controls the timezones...

zeppelin
16th January 2006, 8:22 PM
mines forward by 4 mins aswell

Magma Leader Maxie
16th January 2006, 8:45 PM
I don't think serebii is the one who controls the timezones...

No, I believe it is the Earth's rotation that controls the time zones.

And I believe the site's clock is correct... but you don't synchronise your PC clock with this site, so a few minutes isn't really a problem.

Serebii
17th January 2006, 12:21 AM
The forum clock is syncronised with the server...the server is 4 mins ahead for some reason

Bulk
17th January 2006, 4:57 PM
Meh, well thanks anyway. Don't know why I only just noticed it though...

MaskedManAbsolkid
17th January 2006, 5:07 PM
same here, guess it's different for each timezone, like Locke's timezone is different than mine and theultimatebulk.

Btw, MLM, a huge lol!

Serebii
17th January 2006, 5:36 PM
You only just noticed it because it only happened on Wednesday when the server went down :p

Bulk
20th January 2006, 9:43 PM
Ah right, well that makes sense...

SlimShady
21st January 2006, 12:58 AM
Mine is also 4 minutes ahead. Maybe it is a different time clock that is used. :/