PDA

View Full Version : in my mind...

maximo
16th January 2006, 10:00 PM
in my mind i think most people are getting a little to serious with the fics today im not saying all of your work isnt good but some people dont like to see pokemon go into depth so much so this came into my head...

Trainer fics have been my inspiration from the begining and since chase and larvitar went off the forums and black angel hasnt been on pokemon has lost its flare and isnt that intresting anymore and quest for knowledge going just added to that...

So im going to start my own trainer fic soon since my msn has gone and i aint got much to do lol but i promise to keep it fresh and origional for as long as i do it...

But i wanted people's opinion on it...
do you think this is a bad idea?
do you liek trainer fics?
is nayone intrested in joining me for a brainstorm for the fic?

Jetx
17th January 2006, 12:08 AM
I don't get this. If you wanna make a trainer fic, go ahead. Just make it original. I do like trainer fics to answer that question.

AV_ROcK-Dark-TB
17th January 2006, 4:41 PM
lol I'm also planing the samething only Comic >___>
Mine's about a bunch of trainer's that get into a lot of truble.
lol It's fun^^

Nylf
17th January 2006, 7:49 PM
The trainer fic is unpopular because of the following reasons:

1/ It's getting very common and cliche
2/ So many ideas have been used it's hard to make original
3/ Most trainer fics are lazy attempts to earn popularity attempted by writers who fail to read the rules.

I write a trainer fic, I enjoy trainer fics. But only if they're written well. Want to see an example of a trainer fic that is popular? Go to xXSaberXx's Pokemon Revalations: Cross Of Fates. The trainer fic is the 'basic' Pokemon story. A great way to start. But if it's too dull and repetitive, or has too many plot holes, it'll fail, BADLY.

You need ideas for how to write a trainer fic well?
1/ Best not starting with a typical starter. Try something most people overlook. Spearow and Nidoran are good examples.
2/ Give the trainer a real story. Not 'I want to be the best!'. Why does s/he want to be the best? What drives him/her on? What could cause him/her to stop?
3/ Despite it being one of my favourite romance situation ever, don't have the mc's love interest growing up with him/her as best friends. Make it interesting. Rivalry is also dull. There's a whole world out there, the chances mc's true love is next door is slim to bubkis.
4/ Make the Pokemon themselves interesting. Pokebots(Pokemon that live simply to fight for no good reason) suck. Pokemon ae living creatures, so give them a personality, or, even better, a HISTORY. I doubt nothing happened to a Pokemon growing up in the wild till a random trainer caught them.
5/ DON'T perfectly copy the games's plot. The best bet is to follow the games loosely, but add in stuff, change stuff. Heck, for real originality throw the book out the window and set it in a whole new region.

Those are some ways to keep trainer fics good. Of course it all depends on how much you want to see this happen. To write well, you need to like what you write, and enjoy writing it. You also have to be prepared to put in at least a little effort. And the biggest point of all, READ THE RULES. Or if you can't do that(which I sorta didn't) read other fics, that are good. Pikachuism, Ledian_X, Power Shot, Dragonfree, Renegade, xXSaberXx, Scrap, they, alongside many others, are great writers who I recommend, if you're trying to start writing.

Seijiro Mafuné
17th January 2006, 8:16 PM
If you need suggestions, I might give them.

Kiyohime
17th January 2006, 9:29 PM
There shouldn't be any problems with you starting up a trainer fic, as there are plenty of great ones out there. Though, if taking your work seriously equates putting a lot of work in it, like, say, hm..Syra or Saber as examples, that shouldn't be a bad thing. o.o;; Unless you meant like really...UPTIGHT. Then yeah, that kind of spoils the point of fanfictions. XD

Nylf's said everything that should have been said, and what he said is really great, so...I think that's it. Yeah. XP Have fun and good luck. D:

maximo
18th January 2006, 10:05 PM
yeh thats cool i liek yore advcie nylf and i should start doing it soon just need ot get ma mind around a few otrher things cause as i said pokemon is losing its vibe

Joe Vega #4
20th January 2006, 12:03 AM
Maximo's still here. I thought he left. Ah well. Since I can't really understand your chatspeak & grammar, I'll make my assumptions.

So, you're saying that a good number of people here don't like it when we describe things like-

"Go, Pikachu!" The Black Eyed Peas released several Pikachu out of their Pokéballs, countering Ebil d00d's Sharpedo multitude.

The Pikachu had lightning bolt-shaped yellow tails with brown fur where they connected to their butts. The fat yellow rodents had chubby arms and flat, three-toed feet. Two orange spots on their cheeks were the main source of their Electric element, which they used to deliver heavy amounts of damage.

-that? Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but almost any fic without this is left wiht plotholes and confusion to people new to Pokémon. At least in my experiance. I think it was Breezy who first pointed this out to me.