PDA

View Full Version : Shedinja FAQ

Missingno. Master
18th January 2006, 10:14 PM
OK, folks, I've just whipped up this Shedinja FAQ to answer any questions people may have about the little bugger.

Q; What is Shedinja?
A; Shedinja is the only Bug/Ghost Pokemon in the game, and the topic of this FAQ.

Q; How do I get a Shedinja?
A; Evolve a Nincada. You need space in your party; You can't obtain a Shedinja if you have a full party. After Nincada evolves, you'll have a Shedinja of the same level and nature.

Q; What is Shedinja's ability and what does it do?
A; Wonder Guard; It prevents any attacks that aren't super-effective against Shedinja from hitting it, barring Toxic, Leech Seed, Will-O-Wisp, Spikes, ect..

Q; Hey! Why does my Shedinja have only 1HP?!
A; Well, do you honestly expect a Pokemon that is only affected by 5 attack types to have craploads of HP? The programmers obviously didn't want Sheddy to be cheap, hence the lone hit point.

Q; Is wrestling fixed?
A; Don't know, don't care, wrong subject. Next!

Q; I've heard that you need a Pokeball in your-
A; Stop right there. It's time to quash this rumor- you do NOT need ANY pokeball of ANY KIND in your bag to get a Shedinja. All it does is show that Shedinja was apparently caught in the same type of Pokeball as Ninjask.

EDIT by Big Nutter (SSP Staff): Since this was Last updated before the launch of 4th gen, it does not reflect the changes. In 4th Gen games, you do need a standard Basic Pokéball. Black/White Info unconfirmed, but I assume that you do need a standard Basic Pokéball. This is the 3rd gen forum, and talk of later generations is not encouraged.

Q; Do HP ups work on Shedinja?
A; Absolutely not.

Q; WTF?! I battled a Shedinja in Colo. and it used Swords Dance. But the Move Tutor wouldn't teach Sheddy Swords Dance! What's up here?!
A; When Nincada evolves, Ninjask might attempt to learn a move or 3 after evolution, after which, Shedinja is created, taking on the current moveset of Ninjask, including any moves you just taught it. FOr example, if you evolve Nincada at lv. 25, Ninjask will try and learn Swords Dance immediately after evolution. If you let it, then the Shedinja will have Swords Dance as well.

Q; Why did the chicken cross the road?
A; I'll bet to get away from you.

Q; Does a Shedinja keep any ribbons it got as a Nincada?
A; No.

Q; What about EVs and Contest Stats?
A; That I'm not sure of. I'll edit in the answers when I find out.

Q; Is Shedinja any good in battle?
A; Yes! It's got a damn good attack stat, and learns good attacks, such as Silver Wind, Shadow Ball, ect. However, it's weakness to many attacks makes it difficult to use in some cases.

Q; Is Sandstorm a good move on Shedinja?
A; Only if you want your Shedinja to be suicudal. Seriously, we may never know why Shedinja has the capability to learn Sandstorm. It doesn't benefit it in any way, and wil only KO it instantly.

Q; If I have a shiny Nincada and I evolve it with space in my party, do I get both a shiny Ninjask and a shiny Shedinja?
A; How do you think I got my shiny Ninjask and Shedinja?

Q; Does Shedinja have its own movepool or does it take after Nincada or Ninjask?
A; Shedinja has its own movepool, learning Spite at lv. 25, Confuse Ray at lv. 31, Shadow Ball at lv. 38, and Grudge at lv. 45.

Q; Is Shedinja a glitch?
A; NO!

Q; What are the movepools of Nincada and Ninjask?
A; Does this look like the Nincada and Ninjask FAQ to you?!

Q; Why won't they accept my Rayquaza in the Battle Dome?
A; Because you keep asking questions that don't pertain to Shedinja!

Q; Ok, then, why didn't they accept my Groudon either?
A; OK, that's it. Get outta here, Mr. "Is Wrestling Fixed?"!!!

*Missingno. Master sent out Shedinja!*
*Shedinja used Shadow Ball!*
*Wild Mr. "Is Wrestling Fixed?" fainted!*

Expert Evan
18th January 2006, 10:28 PM
actually ninjask can learn swords dance at level 25, not level 15 when it evolves from nincada at that time. That's one of the movesets along with aerial ace, silver wind & shadow ball that I use to face dome ace tucker in battle tower gold with. swords dance 3 times then OHKO sweeps without being touched.

Missingno. Master
18th January 2006, 10:29 PM
actually ninjask can learn swords dance at level 25, not level 15 when it evolves from nincada at that time. That's one of the movesets along with aerial ace, silver wind & shadow ball that I use to face dome ace tucker in battle tower gold with. swords dance 3 times then OHKO sweeps without being touched.
I know, that was a typo.

Cobalt_Latios
18th January 2006, 11:05 PM
For anyone who might want to know, Shedinja is relatively good against psychic, just be very careful about what attacks those psychics may have. Also, Shedinja can only be affected by the following: - Rock, - Ghost, - Dark, Fire, - Flying. Anything other than that will not at all affect it. And considering that the elite four use most of those types, it and a good choice for it. Great against most psychics and even better against grass. Heck, good against anything that cant hurt it! ^^.

Mystify
20th January 2006, 9:45 AM
Shedinja seems pretty cool, but lots of things do effect it, so I dunno about using one n my final team...

But do you think it'd be a good pokemon to use through my Saphhire version? I've started again, see, and I wanna know what are good pokemon I should use...

Slim
22nd January 2006, 12:07 AM
If Shedinja is a part of a team, it will either need to be switched out when those deadly fire, rock, flying, dark, or ghost types come to get him, or it will need to be powerfull enough to faint them in one attack.

I'm breeding a Shedinja now that will eventually know Silver Wind, Dig, and Shadow Ball, which will take out most of those opponents. The last move will be Hyper Beam to hopefully take out anyone else.

Obviously, Shedinja should have 0 EV training in HP, Defense and Special Defense, they won't do it any good. Shedinja has much better Attack than Special Attack, so it shouldn't learn special attacks, so that can be 0 also. This leaves Attack and Speed able to be maxed out, since they are the only things it needs anyway.

Anyway . . . those are my two cents.

PLANES CURE TOWERS
22nd January 2006, 12:16 AM
A; Yes! It's got a damn good attack stat, and learns good attacks, such as Silver Wind, Shadow Ball, ect.

Shedinja sucks in battle, there are far too many moves out there that can wipe it out, and aside from that, it has not got a "Damn good" attack stat. :/

You might want to edit that ;/

On top of that, you may want to include how having a pokemon with sandstream (Such as Tyranitar) in the same team as Shedinja, can mess up the game when you switch out shedinja only to have it faint.

Slim gave the right EV Spread for the pokemon, however, 252 in Atk and Spd can leave 6 for Sp. atk, however as he mentioned, it isn't really needed, as Shedinja should primarily use Attack-Type moves.

Shedinja@ Lum Berry
-Confuse Ray
-Shadow Ball
-Silver Wind
-Protect
252 Atk, 252 Spd

And there's your general Shedinja.

-Josh

Hemp Man
22nd January 2006, 12:17 AM
Sheedy is good in battle in ubers as stuff like Kyogre and Latios can do **** to it.

9voltdude
22nd January 2006, 12:24 AM
shedinja is one of the best pokemon to teach swagger too.

Auraninja
22nd January 2006, 12:44 AM
Well MM, I don't know a whole lot about it's EVs, but the IV's the same.

Both of mine have outstanding speed! ^^

Ho-oh Master
22nd January 2006, 12:52 AM
but sometimes my attacks break threw and kill him.

what are the odds of an attack working?

did I just stump MM? :O

Auraninja
22nd January 2006, 12:54 AM
but sometimes my attacks break threw and kill him.

what are the odds of an attack working?

did I just stump MM? :O

Let's see, what can kill Shedinja.

Fire
Flying
Rock
Ghost
Dark
Struggle (His or an opponents.)
Confusion status
Will-O-Wisp
Shadow Attacks
Hail/Sandstorm/Shadow Sky
Leech Seed
Poison status
Spikes
I'll try to think of more.
Forgot Poison.
Are any of these what you used?

Ho-oh Master
22nd January 2006, 1:00 AM
so then he is a cheap pokemon.

I either used ice beam or flamethrower, I was at mt.battle in colo.

Auraninja
22nd January 2006, 1:09 AM
so then he is a cheap pokemon.

I either used ice beam or flamethrower, I was at mt.battle in colo.

You had to have used Flamethrower, because Ice Beam is ineffective.

And Shedinja holds his own. You just have to know how to use him properly. What about Brightpowder?

Ho-oh Master
22nd January 2006, 1:13 AM
what about it?

can you get a shiny shednija?

Auraninja
22nd January 2006, 1:19 AM
what about it?

can you get a shiny shednija?

Yes, get a shiny Nicada and evolve it with an empty slot. (Five or less slots.)

And, look at MM's sig.

Ho-oh Master
22nd January 2006, 1:44 AM
so if I get a shiny Nicada and evolve it I will get a shiny ninjask and a shiny shedninja?

I gotta get him shiny now :D

Missingno. Master
22nd January 2006, 2:10 PM
OK, a move doesn't have a "chance" of working against Shedinja. It either works or it doesn't.

Here's a list of what will affect (and probably KO) Shedinja;

Struggle.

Offensive Rock, Dark, Flying, Ghost, and Fire type attacks (Rock Slide, Crunch, Aerial Ace, Shadow Ball, Fire Punch, ect.).

Poisoning attacks (Toxic, Poisonpowder, ect.)

Burning attacks (Will-O-Wisp)

Additional effects (Curse, Leech Seed, ect.)

Self-damage (Double-Edge, Struggle, ect.)

Weather (Hail, Sandstorm)

Abilities (Poison Point, Rough Skin, Effect Spore, ect.)

Deoxytwo
22nd January 2006, 11:42 PM
You could work around Poison Point, Rough Skin, and Effect spore with a move that doesnt make contact like Shadow Ball.

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~
23rd January 2006, 10:26 PM
i have a question.

if a shiny nincada evolves, will the shedinja be shiny?

General Blaze
23rd January 2006, 10:48 PM
i have a question.

if a shiny nincada evolves, will the shedinja be shiny?

*Slaps fore-head* That question has been awnsered at least 5 times, YES!! It will become a shiney Shedinja, so everyone stop asking! Anyway, Shedinja is a pretty good pokemon if you give it the right moveset. Plus, Wallece's Miltonic can't do squat to it! TAKE THAT MILTONIC!

Char1016
26th January 2006, 1:40 PM
Does HP Ups work on Shedinja? This one wasn't in the FAQ.

Missingno. Master
26th January 2006, 6:47 PM
No they don't. I'll add that in later.

leafgreen386
26th January 2006, 11:44 PM
A; Yes! It's got a damn good attack stat, and learns good attacks, such as Silver Wind, Shadow Ball, ect.

Shedinja sucks in battle, there are far too many moves out there that can wipe it out, and aside from that, it has not got a "Damn good" attack stat. :/

You might want to edit that ;/
It's a 90 base. It's not terrible. Although it isn't anything close to Salamence or Metagross's 135.

On top of that, you may want to include how having a pokemon with sandstream (Such as Tyranitar) in the same team as Shedinja, can mess up the game when you switch out shedinja only to have it faint.
I'm gonna build even further on that. (This applies more to link battles than ingame battles.) Having a poke with a weather changing move such as Sunny Day or Rain Dance is crucial. In addition, a Rapid Spinner is neccessary if you don't want it switching in and immidiately fainting. Of course, ingame opponents don't use Spikes, so... that probably isn't neccessary when traveling the game.

Slim gave the right EV Spread for the pokemon, however, 252 in Atk and Spd can leave 6 for Sp. atk, however as he mentioned, it isn't really needed, as Shedinja should primarily use Attack-Type moves.

Shedinja@ Lum Berry
-Confuse Ray
-Shadow Ball
-Silver Wind
-Protect
252 Atk, 252 Spd

And there's your general Shedinja.

-Josh
The standard Shedinja actually has HP:Fighting over Silver Wind, and for that matter, Swords Dance or Toxic over Confuse Ray. Btw, any Atk increasing nature besides Brave is good for it (so Adamant, Lonely, and Naughty are all good).

Does HP Ups work on Shedinja? This one wasn't in the FAQ.
I think you should learn what a HP Up does before you ask a question like that. HP Ups (and all other vitamins) give 10 EVs to the stat they're increasing. Since Shedinja's HP will never increase no matter how many EVs you give it, HP Ups will never increase its HP.

Demonic
17th July 2006, 5:43 PM
erm what is a good moveset for shedinja ?
is this any good
Toxic
silver wind
double team
shadow ball

Zora
17th July 2006, 7:36 PM
The "You need a ball" is not a rumor. It is a mistake in the guide. It might be beta version thing or something.

XDbonsly
18th July 2006, 2:37 PM
Shedninja is a tricky on to defeat, all I had left in colo was poliswine, hail was the only untryed move. I used it and I thought it had a sp.def stat of like:
-98675768787 :).

dhdghfdgh
9th August 2009, 8:10 PM
I realize this is an old thread, but I have a sensible question that needs answer. :P

If I stick an everstone on a nincada (Or just abort when it tries to evolve) and train it to 45 to learn dig, and then evolve it to make shedinja with dig - will I still be able to give it confuse ray (Learnt at level 31) using heartstones?

foxyman1167
9th August 2009, 8:51 PM
Yep that should work fine.

dhdghfdgh
10th August 2009, 4:50 PM
Yep that should work fine.
Thanks. ^_^

I tested the EV/IV thing, and yes, it does keep Nincada's EV, and I'm also 99% sure it keeps the IVs. It COULD be a coincidence that their IVs were very similar to the nincadas they were made from, but I don't believe in coincidences. :P It also seems logical since it keeps the nincada's nature.

Chris54
3rd December 2010, 7:31 AM
How do you teach silver wind to a nincada, or a ninjask, or even a shedinja?

Nutter t.KK
9th January 2011, 9:26 PM
How do you teach silver wind to a nincada, or a ninjask, or even a shedinja?
You need to breed it. Most of the final evolutions of moth/Butterfly-like Pokemon can learn this. Find a Male that knows it and breed it with a female Nincada/ninjask.