PDA

View Full Version : About Harley...

DBoyWheeler
19th January 2006, 7:46 PM
Um, is it just me, or does Harley look and act like a Duplica knockoff?

[Y'know, Duplica... the gal with the Ditto] ;252;

CyberCubed
19th January 2006, 7:49 PM
Uh...how did you come to that conclusion? They look and act nothing alike.

fanderichie
19th January 2006, 7:51 PM
It's just you -_-'''

The Benmeister
19th January 2006, 7:55 PM
Yes, of course...ehe...

*Throws in cage and sends to mental home*

Seriously. What about them is similar?

taitofan
19th January 2006, 7:56 PM
...What? Care to explain what you mean? I can't see how they look or act at all the same... They both love their pokemon, but so do lots of people. I'm not seeing any other similarites though. =/

Gravy
19th January 2006, 9:38 PM
Um, is it just me, or does Harley look and act like a Duplica knockoff?
Yep. Right down to the Cacturne outfit and the saucy attitude.

...wait...hang on a second...

PDL
19th January 2006, 9:53 PM
the closest we would have to Duplica would be Brody...

he should appear again...

intergalactic platypus
19th January 2006, 9:55 PM
The only similiarity is...well...none. Harley is a diva and has a totally "fabulous" attitude. Duplicas a goofy confident girl who likes playing dress up. They're not alike

Phantom_Bugsy
19th January 2006, 9:56 PM
lol, retarded conclusion.

Duplica did NOT dress up as her Ditto. Duplica did not have a rivalry with someone on the show. Duplica is not a male, and you need to get your eyes checked.

Kthxbi.

Heracross
19th January 2006, 9:57 PM
Oh, I see what you mean. Imite is a pokémon trainer, and so is Harley. They both breathe air, eat food, sleep... By God, they must be related!

jolteonjak
19th January 2006, 10:24 PM
Oh, I see what you mean. Imite is a pokémon trainer, and so is Harley. They both breathe air, eat food, sleep... By God, they must be related!

Don't forget they both have elbows too! ;)

taitofan
19th January 2006, 11:05 PM
No, wait, I have it this time! They're both drawn in Japanese fanart as having sexual relations with their pokemon! Yes, that must be it!

Of course, it's more believable with Harley than Imite. X3

Seijiro Mafuné
19th January 2006, 11:31 PM
...now THAT is injust. What do you think is Ditto's main use in the Pokémon world for the femmes?

I'll leave that as food for brainios.

Heracross
20th January 2006, 12:27 AM
Can't say I've seen any of that.

taitofan
20th January 2006, 12:38 AM
Can't say I've seen any of that.Well, the Imite stuff was actually found on accident... Can't say the same about the Harley stuff though. ^^;

...Seriously though, I wanna know that guy's reasoning. I honestly can't think of a reason that isn't totally crack induced...

The Big Al
20th January 2006, 1:26 AM
Duplica hentai...with Ditto? You've got to be kidding me.

taitofan
20th January 2006, 1:31 AM
Nope. Saw it a loooong time ago when I was looking up the katakana for her name. Dunno if it's even out there any more... But it was at one time. XP Come on though, this is from the country that gave us tentacle rape. I'm personally not that surprised. ^^;

Bling King
20th January 2006, 4:27 AM
In an attempt to save this topic, why don't we talk about what we think of Harley so far and how he is as a character? I'll start.

When I first heard of Harley, I just thought he would be a bland, one-shot character. Instead, he's a repeating rival with a personality of his own. Though it was somewhat odd that he dressed up like a Cacturne, I thought it was a cool detail. When he got beat by May's Squirtle(which, by the way, has made me forever hate all Squirtles) I thought he'd just decend into a lame villain trying to do something against a main character. This wasn't too farfetched, since, in my opinion, there was(and is) no way for Ariados to get revenge against Squirtle, seeing as how the writers would want the good guys to win and that Ariados whooping Squirtle and then dancing on it would just look lame and not have the humiliating feel. In my opinion, this act was supposed to say "Hey, this guy is going to always get whooped and be badly humiliated, so don't care about him." Looking at his fans, it didn't work too well.

It is refreshing to see a "villain" that is cunning and snide, if a bit weird. I feel that Harley is a better rival for May, while Drew is a trainer that is competiting against May. Though the Squirtle dance was enough to make Harley a bland character trying to get revenge, he still has some character in him, possibly helped by the fact that he doesn't show up in every single episode.

Well, that's about it, so let's here what you have to say about Harley.

Yamato-san
21st January 2006, 11:44 AM
I think DBoyWheeler kinda came to that conclusion because both characters reflect their Pokemon through forms of dress-up. Harley, of course, always wears clothing that looks similar to Noctus, while Imite changes her clothes to look like other characters, much like her Metamon's technique. Other than that, though, I see no similarities between the two.

MaskedManAbsolkid
21st January 2006, 12:34 PM
Duplica is a girl who likes imitating people like her Ditto does. Harley is a villain who hates May, and is also one of the only characters to stay evil and to partly complete his objective