PDA

View Full Version : Re-Release of DVD's?

arz
19th January 2006, 9:47 PM
I'm new to the site and have looked around the forums for an answer to this topic, but have had no luck.

Will there be re-releases of the earlier DVD's? The originals are very hard to find, and can be quite expensive. Anyone think there's any hope of a collection or box set of the originals?

CyberCubed
19th January 2006, 9:50 PM
4kids has re-released Pokemon Advance in a boxset, so hopefully they'll go back and re-release Kanto and the Johto Journies in boxsets as well.

There's no word yet sadly.

Rex Kamex
20th January 2006, 5:01 PM
Unless the boxsets include the original Japanese episodes, I'm not interested. Seeing that it's unlikely that'll happen, I guess it would be easier to eliminate the entire first sentences except for the last three words.

MaskedManAbsolkid
20th January 2006, 5:24 PM
Depends if you can order via internet. If you can, you should be able to get them. If not, there's still a chance. I know the First Movie is sold in the UK for 50p or £1 nowadays, Pokemon 2000 sells for £2, and you can buy a boxset of the first 3 movies for between £5 and £10, but you'll have to convert the money if you live elsewhere.

Chris
20th January 2006, 6:41 PM
Because Pokémon USA now owns the merchandising rights to the show, chances are the current VHS tapes and DVDs may either continue selling or be put out of print. But then again, Viz is holding the sublicense rights for the DVDs. It all depends if PUSA works with Viz to make boxset rereleases or even redubs if possible.

Then again, we don't even know what the plans of PUSA are to begin with.

Xero
21st January 2006, 5:00 AM
Do you think that Advanced Challenge will eventually have a boxset when all the seperate DVD's are out for it?

Jason Park
23rd January 2006, 4:52 PM
The first 3 seasons or something are out of print and they are pretty much IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND. You might be able to find a few on ebay, but be prepared to spend a lot of money.

I don't think the earlier ones will be rereleased. If they are, I'll be angry because I spent A LOT of money on those.

Lucky for me, I got most of the DVDs. (my sig)