PDA

View Full Version : Maps of all areas?

Locke Yggdrasill
22nd January 2006, 7:04 AM
Well, I know that SPP has some of the maps for some areas, but I was thinking that perhaps on the site, there could be a drop-down box with all of the areas in R/S/E listed, and if one should click on it, it would take you to a page with a "guide" for the area, and a map of the area? I could do maps. I know this would take up an abhorrent ammount of bandwidth( x.x there goes the plan) but, if you really needed me to, I could host the images. :3

Amadeus
22nd January 2006, 7:25 AM
I like this idea. It'd be great if it's not too troublesome.

Eszett
22nd January 2006, 8:02 AM
Just one question...what about Johto? Are you going to reconstruct a modern-looking variation of it or use the old-school version of it?

RaZoR LeAf
22nd January 2006, 12:36 PM
Johto only exists in one format, making it in any other shape or form and putting it on the main site would be misleading.

Iron_Mew
22nd January 2006, 1:54 PM
That would be a good idea! ^_^
It would have potential to stop n00vs from asking about every single square on the map. However they probably still wouldn't look. X_X
Oh well still a good idea, and useful for other purposes.

Locke Yggdrasill
22nd January 2006, 11:24 PM
Yes. I agree with RaZoR_LeAf. And translating the map to current graphics could take awhile.
Call me crazy, but I have an idea. Perhaps there could be an applet, or a Flash file, kind of like the Map for....Ranger, is it? The one where some areas have clickable spots, and you can see what pokemon are in the area. But, instead, on clicking it, it would take you to that Route, and such. All of the connections would be accessble, and all of the warp points as well. Perhaps someone could write a guide as to what pokemon are available in each spot?

RaZoR LeAf
22nd January 2006, 11:48 PM
I always thought it would be cool to have a map of routes with trainers on, you click on a trainer and it comes up telling you what pokemon that trainer has and their levels, etc. If it were made part of a guide it would be comprehensive and incredibly detailed.

PLANES CURE TOWERS
22nd January 2006, 11:52 PM
It'd take a hell of a lot of work to list every in-game roster there is, and there is always the possibility of missing a trainer, especially ont he water filled routes. As far as Flash goes, it'd also take a lot of ActionScripting to get to work correctly, depending on how many people Joe knows that can pull of something that contains that much actionscript, it could take a while.

Ideally though it'd be a great addition to the site, to have all the trainers listed, however I see Johto being a tad redundant, or a saved-til-last' area, due tot he fact none of the recent pokemon games actually visit Johto.

-Josh

Porygandrew
23rd January 2006, 1:06 AM
I could soo easily create a shockwave file like this with Director (I help instruct a class using Director). It'd take a while, perhaps doing it in batches, but not that hard.
The only problem I forsee is obtaining the data. Anything else would be relatively simple for me (though time-consuming)

Wolf Goddess
23rd January 2006, 1:25 AM
This is an excellent idea, so long as we have people willing to do it.

Locke Yggdrasill
23rd January 2006, 3:37 AM
I can get the hoenn maps with a flick of the wrist. It'd take about an hour to get all of them, but it's 100% doable for me. I'm not sure about FR/LG, though. I'd have to see how compatable some of my R(ead)O(nly)M(emory) hacking programs are with such a file.
I can also get all of the pokemon on each of the Ru/Sa routes, and perhaps the trainers, if Elitemap presents me with such data. I can get all of the trainer's names, and such, and perhaps the locations via hex and script offsets. I may be able to get the Colored/Metallic editions aswell, but it might only be the maps. If someone can combine all of this information, perhaps a different applet/flash for each region, just let me know, so I can get all of the data ready. :D

MidnightScott
23rd January 2006, 3:38 AM
If not, you should take this idea and create your own website ;)

I'm all for this idea but I doubt Serebii wants to take the time to do it.

~Scott;229;

Locke Yggdrasill
23rd January 2006, 3:52 AM
I've now downloaded a new program, so, yes, I can indeed do Maps and Pokemon (Morning, Day, and Night)for Gold and Silver. :D