PDA

View Full Version : A lot of people I know doesn't use Pickachu in Yellow

Sceptile 100
23rd January 2006, 5:05 AM
They never use Pickachu, the just catch a pokemon and put Pickachu in their PC. They think Pickachu sucks. They don't know its uses. My pickachu is level 86 with Thundershock,(yes I still have that attack) Thunderbolt, Thunder, and
Megakick. I know I should put 3 moves of the same type but, oh well.

The Power of Pika
23rd January 2006, 7:50 AM
My yellow version Pikachu is on LV 82. It knows Thunderbolt, Body slam, Thunderwave and Surf. I know it may not be the strongest of them all but I train it because it's my favourite. I've won with it aswell. I don't understand the hate towards it.

I've trained a Pikachu in every version. My highest LV one is in Crystal which it is on LV 100. It knows Thunder, Thunder Wave, Iron Tail and Body slam.

My best worked one is in Emerald. LV 60. It knows Thunderbolt, Brick Break Return and Hidden Power-Grass. Properly EV trained and it's Hidden Power has a power of 62.

Mystify
23rd January 2006, 8:06 AM
I had a Pikachu while I was playing my LG for the first time; It was quite good, but since I had a choice to replace it with Victreebell, I did so, seeing as how I'd never used a Vbell before.

It reached level 23 before I stored it in the box.

RaZoR LeAf
23rd January 2006, 12:05 PM
There are better electric types. Jolteon or Magneton for instance, atleast they can evolve. And this might be a shock to you, but it is not the law that you must use Piakchu. Many people don't like pikachu so they don't use it.

Manga_in_a_Bottle
23rd January 2006, 12:23 PM
Then again, there's no law that you can't use pikachu.
To quote Elite Four Karen: "Strong pokemon. Weak pokemon. That is just the selfish perception of people. Trainers should battle with thier favourites." :D

RaZoR LeAf
23rd January 2006, 3:10 PM
Ugh do we have to hear that stupid quote everytime someone says something about not liking a pokemon? It really does get old quickly. The topic is making a big deal out of the fact that some people don't use p[ikachu, as if the sole purpose of Yellow is that you get Piakchu as a starter and then you are forbidden from using anything but.

OgLoc187
23rd January 2006, 8:21 PM
Well pikachu is only good with surf which you can only get from pokemon stadium.

AV_ROcK-Dark-TB
23rd January 2006, 8:34 PM
Hmm maybe a mod can close this thread:)now

RaZoR LeAf
23rd January 2006, 9:04 PM
You know if I wanted to close the thread I would have the last 2 times I replied to it. You know fully well that mini-modding is not allowed, and since you're not a mod, the topic creator, nor have you replied to this topic before, you've just blatently spammed. Would you like an official warning to go with that, or would you like to delete your post and forget it ever happened?

AV_ROcK-Dark-TB
23rd January 2006, 9:24 PM
You know if I wanted to close the thread I would have the last 2 times I replied to it. You know fully well that mini-modding is not allowed, and since you're not a mod, the topic creator, nor have you replied to this topic before, you've just blatently spammed. Would you like an official warning to go with that, or would you like to delete your post and forget it ever happened?
Sorry for my mistake I didn't wan't to spam nor get banned..forgive me:(

Phreack
24th January 2006, 7:06 PM
On topic- The only use I see for pikachu in yellow is to get bulbasaur. I just dump him at the PC when I get him...

Aptenodytes
5th February 2006, 6:54 PM
I always keep pikachu with me because, well that's what's so special about yellow version! o.O i can't understand why someone wouldn't keep him around

Electrobulb
6th February 2006, 8:52 AM
Ice blizzard is right.The whole reason of getting yellow is so you can start with Pikachu.Otherwise why dont you just get red or blue?

Fire Dragon
6th February 2006, 9:10 AM
Yeah,I like Pikachu in Yellow version,when he walks cutely behind player.
I had Pikachu in my team all times,when I played Yellow.And I love Yellow,because it was my first Pokemon game,and my first videogame.

Hmm,what if Nintendo makes game like Pokemon Electric Yellow,or something?

zorkmaster
6th February 2006, 6:07 PM
i have a dude for master of pika. how does your pikachu knows surf?

Luxuria
6th February 2006, 6:08 PM
I might be one of them! :<
Well I keep it in my party but I usually use my Zapdos to battle. I ocasionally use pikachuu to battle. Lol I keep it with me also to see it's cute little animations.

zeppelin
6th February 2006, 7:11 PM
barely i mostly use venasaur on nidoking

RaZoR LeAf
6th February 2006, 7:33 PM
Ice blizzard is right.The whole reason of getting yellow is so you can start with Pikachu.Otherwise why dont you just get red or blue?

Pokemon learn extra moves in Yellow, you can get all 3 starters in one game, someone bought it for you. That's like saying "You bought Sapphire for Kyogre, why buy Ruby if it's Kyogre you wanted?"

pikachu146
7th February 2006, 1:41 PM
I never dump pikachu in Yellow.Because if there is a pikachu behind me,then it's kinda like the anime.In my LG,I never use pikachu,jolteon is a better option in game.

Valoc Darkmyre
8th February 2006, 2:38 AM
I always have Pikachu in my party in Yellow. I feel obligated to use the lil' yellow guy because you have to get fairly far in the game before you can get one of those better electric types. However, after I've beaten the game and caught Mewtwo I freely dump Pikachu in the PC and opt for Jolteon to take on the Elite Four a second time.

Bananamatic
8th February 2006, 12:45 PM
i always kept pika,but he is sooooo worthless..... I boosted him with all possible vitamins and still sucked. Best way is for pika/rai lovers to trade him to poké stadium ASAP,start again,dump that non evolving pika,withdraw him from Stadium,and evolve. Jolteon otherwise.

Xfactor
9th February 2006, 4:03 AM
well i lost my Pickachu in a trade that i was making with my self

Shiny Rokon
10th February 2006, 7:25 AM
I train pikachu, no matter how much it sucks it still is cute and i train a lot of pokemon which aren't particularly useful so why not him :P

SuperShadow
12th February 2006, 12:39 AM
I always keep my PIkachu with me. I have 4 badges and it is almost level 40. I always complained that my friend because he never trained it. He still does not train it. He beat the pokemon leage, and his is level 23. I am nowhere near him and mine is stronger. Don't people just love their Pikachus so much. (HA HA HA)

Sceptile 100
23rd February 2006, 5:08 AM
Its just that I don't understand why people bother getting yellow version if they are not going to use pikachu. Pikachu is the main aspect of the game.

Raichu-chan
23rd February 2006, 5:36 AM
I always kept Pikachu with me. I sometimes had the urge to trade it to a different game and evolve it into a Raichu, since that would make it stronger and it's my favorite Pokemon. I just trained Pikachu a lot to make it stronger. XD

RaZoR LeAf
23rd February 2006, 2:45 PM
Its just that I don't understand why people bother getting yellow version if they are not going to use pikachu. Pikachu is the main aspect of the game.

OK, so you buy Yellow. And after 5 yars you go back to play it. Must be the 50th time you've played through. Oh but wait, Pikachu is the starter, so for the 50th time you MUST use Pikachu. Yellow allows some pokemon to learn moves they couldn't in Red and Blue. That would seem a good reason to get Yellow to me. Maybe it was bought for them. Maybe it was the only one in stock. Maybe they LOVE the Anime to death, but just dislike Piakchu. Maybe they want to battle jessie and james, and Giovanni's persian and get all the starters in ne game... but NOT Pikachu.

Ever thought of that? It's Pokemon YELLOW. Not Pokemon PIKACHU.

fhqwhgads
23rd February 2006, 3:09 PM
Actually, it's official name is Pokemon: Special Pikachu Edition. Go ahead, look on the game.

Shichiro
23rd February 2006, 4:53 PM
Actually, it's official name is Pokemon: Special Pikachu Edition. Go ahead, look on the game.
-_-

It doesn't matter. It's not like people not using Pikachu is the end of the world. Pikachu sucks anyway, stat-wise. He can't hurt anything unless you have him holding a Light Ball in RSE.

Deoxys Prime
23rd February 2006, 7:44 PM
I don't care what I use, just as long as it works, at the beginning of the game I needed an electric type, Pika helped until I got Jolty. I still used pikachu though. Back then I exploited the PC glitch a lot to get high stats pokemon, my pikachu was pretty tough. I got it too lv.100 as well.

fhqwhgads
26th February 2006, 5:39 PM
-_-

It doesn't matter.
He said it wasn't called Pokemon: Pikachu and I corrected him. I never said anything else about it. Did you hear me say you had to use it? No. Good day.

killerjaw01
26th February 2006, 9:35 PM
I have heard that if you trade the Pikachu starter from Yellow to Gold/Silver, it has an item which you cannot usually get?
(I don't know about this though, i have never tried, so it could be a lie!)

PikaChuu
27th February 2006, 2:30 AM
I would just trade Pikachu to Red or something, evolve it into Raichu,
then catch diffrent pokemon on Yellow. :D

Absol!
27th February 2006, 8:11 AM
Yes, it is nice to use Pikachu on Yellow, I did, it's a good Pokemon. But you must accept that some people may not like Pikachu, or merely want a change from using it.

Torchic23
27th February 2006, 8:18 AM
Heh, I traded mine to Silver after about the 3rd gym ^^;

It was fun, and it took me a while to realize I had traded it, and I was sorry because I don't have the link cable anymore

Lesson: DO NOT DITCH PIKA!

JohtoGirl
2nd March 2006, 6:36 PM
Pikachu ruled.I loved how when he was poisoned and you talked to him he would look sick :D And actually the happiness factor was introduced in that game. Man, I loved pikachu.

Sceptile 100
20th March 2006, 7:53 AM
I also liked it when you visited Bill, and when he changed himself back into human, oh man, I liked that shocked look on pikachu's face.

The Organizer
21st March 2006, 10:57 PM
I dont dislike pikachu its just that when i see a better pokemon IE nidoran male, i catch it to turn it into a nidoking. Pikachu is good and clasic and all but it just isnt the best

pikachu_rocks19
21st March 2006, 11:02 PM
They think pikachu is weak well i always put it in my party in every version i owned and it turned out well.

Bay
23rd March 2006, 3:03 AM
When I put Pikachu on my team, it work out pretty fine. Right now it is like at level 35. I can't remember the moves my Pikachu has at the moment. I can understand how some people do not want to use Pikachu because they believed its weak. Everybody will have different opinions on if Pikachu is a good Pokemon used for battle.

ViNe WhIp
23rd March 2006, 4:26 AM
Pikachu being weak isn't an opinion its a fact ;) I've never owned yellow but if I did for the first game I start I would use him just to play through like the anime but after restarting Raichu all the way.

Bonsly is pimp
25th March 2006, 5:01 PM
i never raised my pikachu i caught a Pidgey and raised it to a LV. 76 Pidgeot

Sceptile 100
27th March 2006, 7:47 PM
I have heard that if you trade the Pikachu starter from Yellow to Gold/Silver, it has an item which you cannot usually get?
(I don't know about this though, i have never tried, so it could be a lie!)
hmmm... I should try that. Because every legendary I traded from yellow to G/S, they came with a useful item.

Kalosian
27th March 2006, 8:07 PM
That item... I think it's light ball.

My friend used Pikachu on yellow with Thunder/Thunderbolt/Thunder wave/Body slam. It is now on lvl 100, and it owned mostly things.
A bad thing with Pikachu is that the first gym is really hard.

RaZoR LeAf
27th March 2006, 8:50 PM
That's why you have pokeballs, you can catch other pokemon before facing Brock. Namely a Mankey with Low Kick, a Nidoran with Double kick and Abutterfree with Confusion. Red and Blue are hard if you go straight for Brock with a Charmander.

muffineater
28th March 2006, 1:41 AM
as soo as i caught my second poke pika was box bound and tied irritating little punk poke.

Psychic
28th March 2006, 4:07 AM
Though I originally bought Yellow because I liked the idea of having that little sewer rat following me around, I got really sick of Pikachu. It isn't an amazing Pokémon, and it's not great for an Electric-type, stat and move-wise.
Still, it proved to be a valueble member of my Yellow team and though it's useless for the first and last Gym, it's pretty good in between, and I never trusted the other First Generation Electric types (except Zapdos), so I stuck with Pikachu all the way. After I got Zapdos I pretty much abandoned Pikachu in my PC, though. :P

~Psychic

The Organizer
29th March 2006, 5:07 PM
I always use pikachu because its the point of the game, but i love to let it die, i make it so it hates me lol.

GeorgeCollins
30th March 2006, 2:08 AM
I always use pikachu because its the point of the game, but i love to let it die, i make it so it hates me lol.

I thought the point of the game was to follow the animie.

Phosphate
30th March 2006, 3:53 AM
They never use Pickachu, the just catch a pokemon and put Pickachu in their PC. They think Pickachu sucks. They don't know its uses. My pickachu is level 86 with Thundershock,(yes I still have that attack) Thunderbolt, Thunder, and
Megakick. I know I should put 3 moves of the same type but, oh well.
I never use Pikachu myself. It never works for me. It has horrid stats compared to other Pokemon. Also, that is a terrible moveset. You should NEVER EVER have two or more damage attacks with the same type.

GeorgeCollins
30th March 2006, 4:24 AM
I never use Pikachu myself. It never works for me. It has horrid stats compared to other Pokemon. Also, that is a terrible moveset. You should NEVER EVER have two or more damage attacks with the same type.

What do you mean by terrible moveset? How does have two+ damaging attacks of the same type affect Pikachu? Here's a simple moveset with hardly any thought: Thunderbolt, Light Screen, Body Slam, Thunder Wave.

Shiny Heracross
30th March 2006, 4:33 AM
Like most of my Pokemon games, my starter is always my slave. I had it at level 100, while everything else I had was like level 2. lol

RaZoR LeAf
30th March 2006, 12:02 PM
What do you mean by terrible moveset? How does have two+ damaging attacks of the same type affect Pikachu? Here's a simple moveset with hardly any thought: Thunderbolt, Light Screen, Body Slam, Thunder Wave.

Having Thundershock, ThunderBolt, Thunder and Mega Kick means Oh look there's a Rhydon, oh ****, I'm screwed because I can't attack it. That's why people give it Seismic Toss not Body Slam.

Okami_Kage
30th March 2006, 8:21 PM
I had 5 lvl 100s and my pikachu was lvl 37....Pikachu is NOT the best starter out there

woot21
2nd April 2006, 8:54 AM
I always use Pikachu in Yellow now. My first time through Yellow I didn't use Pikachu and I had a hard time. I then restarted and used Pikachu and the game was much easier, except Brock. I was mad when I found out that I couldn't get a Pikachu until after the Elite 4, except trading, in Gold and Silver. I know alot of people got Yellow just for the 3 starters, but I just that they are just a bonus for the people who have Yellow. Pikachu is stronger than most people think, when I first got my Pikachu, in blue, up to about lvl 30 I noticed it moveset was awful in that game, but that its stats were decent. I think a reason for the hate on Pikachu is its awful move set in R/B, I mean Thundershock is the only Electric attack it learns by leveling up, come on, that is pathetic. I just like the little guy now that his moves are better ;025;.

Walking Contradiction
14th April 2006, 8:46 AM
Does anyone here trade pikachu to another game, evolve it to raichu there and then trade it back to yellow again? That's what I did anyway...

Ebil Plusle
14th April 2006, 11:06 PM
i use my pikachu. i just dont depend on him much because he cant take a hit but he can deal massive damage.

~Flareon~
16th April 2006, 9:00 AM
They usually used Pikachu in the second gym. Because the second gym is using water types. But in the first gym uses Rock types.

Charizard86
17th April 2006, 12:49 AM
As soon as my first Pikachu had learnt his best attacks & I had enough of him I just traded to red, evolved him and traded it back as a cool Riachu.

ribonucleic
25th April 2006, 1:56 PM
When i was playing, at first I didn't use my pikachu until I reached Fuschia city. I then trained it and it became my first pokemon to reach lv100, after tonnes of battles against the elite four. my game was stolen, so i don't remeber the moves it had, anymore.

emeraldellie
27th April 2006, 6:20 AM
I sometimes use Pikachu. I did in my first few files, but now since I have to raise a Nidoran up so much to fight in the first gym, I just use that as a starter-type instead. I personally don't like Pikachu, and in the old games I only raise my favorites.

o_O
12th May 2006, 11:42 PM
I keep my team like Ash's pokemon...lol

Pika, Pidgey, caterpie, charmander, bulbasaur, and squirtle.

I let Pidgey, caterpie & charmander evolve..and let the rest stay young :)

And for some reason everytime I keep pressing A sleep powder NEVER misses, and everytime they go to sleep and I get them on a low hit points (wild pokemon btw) I always seem to capture them o_o; including the legendaries :)

Aquarelle
13th May 2006, 2:19 AM
I use Pikachu, even though I hate the little yellow rat.

It's so cute in the game, I just can't seem to dump it in the PC for all eternity. Next time I run through the game, though, I think I'll try to abandon it as soon as possible so I don't get too attatched to it.

-Freedom'sWarrior-
13th May 2006, 2:27 AM
I don't mind Pikachu. I have one that's level 89. It's pretty powerful.

P_S_B
15th May 2006, 6:58 AM
I keep Pikachu in my team because I like having him follow me, but I very rarely use him in battle. Once before I had my own pokemon yellow, I hired it out of the local Blockbuster Video store, and found somebody had traded the Pikachu away.

Reedsport
15th May 2006, 8:25 PM
My brother had Yellow. I'm pretty sure he kept Pikachu out too(like many others here), because I always recall it following him around. I loved that concept of the game.

Brad
15th May 2006, 10:41 PM
What! Pikachu was my third strongest. I always had him and immediatly healed him when he was fainted!

jordman
15th May 2006, 11:28 PM
i started a new game in my pokemon yellow a few days ago! lol pikachu is only lvl 45, but hey he knows good moves:

thunderbolt, agility, thunder wave, thunder

he is the second best for my team though:

pikachu lvl 46 (yay!)
pidgeot lvl 45
vaporeon lvl 48
snorlax lvl 44
ninetales lvl 43
dugtrio lvl 45

Ninetails
16th May 2006, 3:59 AM
I use Pikachu in any team I form. :) Except when it's not available.

- Ninetails. ;038;

Altmer
16th May 2006, 10:12 AM
I don't like your Pikachu set

And I only use Pikachu when I really need it on my team or in the beginning, later on I usually just ditch him.

The Dean of Suds
25th May 2006, 6:46 AM
I personally don't care for Pikachu and never use him, although most people I know use him, especially my cousin, who loves him.

GeorgeCollins
25th May 2006, 6:57 AM
i started a new game in my pokemon yellow a few days ago! lol pikachu is only lvl 45, but hey he knows good moves:

thunderbolt, agility, thunder wave, thunder

he is the second best for my team though:

pikachu lvl 46 (yay!)
pidgeot lvl 45
vaporeon lvl 48
snorlax lvl 44
ninetales lvl 43
dugtrio lvl 45

Just becaue it's at the second highest level on your team doesn't mean that it's the second best. . . .

Liam-Kun
25th May 2006, 5:54 PM
I don't think pikachu isn't any good to a team

-=Darkness of Umbreon=-
25th May 2006, 10:35 PM
I don't use him much, but when I do i will use him.

Ben Kenobi
25th May 2006, 10:46 PM
I always keep my starter Pokemon regardless and Pikachu is no exception.

JONNO.FRESH
27th May 2006, 3:45 PM
I always keep my starter so yea i use Pika on my Yellow Team

Louie
27th May 2006, 6:15 PM
didnt they increase pikachus stats in yellow to make it easier to use ?
i had an old yellow guide where it said that
but it was just wondering..

AJ Flibble
27th May 2006, 6:32 PM
didnt they increase pikachus stats in yellow to make it easier to use ?
i had an old yellow guide where it said that
but it was just wondering..

No, the stats still suck. Pika's that bad without the Light Ball.

hydradragon16
28th May 2006, 9:05 PM
When I had pokemon stadium I put pikachu in there and all the pokemon I would use in the stadium then start a new game and bring back out that way pikachu could elvolve.

BasiltheDragon
29th May 2006, 6:28 PM
I catch a Pidgey as soon as possible and Pika goes straight into a box.

It may be to do with that Pika is one of my least favourite Pokemon.