PDA

View Full Version : How to describe Deoxys

FlamingRuby
23rd January 2006, 5:04 PM
For the fifth episode of "Pokemon: A Siren's Voice", I want to start in Deoxys lair...but how do I describe Deoxys? (He'll be in his normal form when talking to the Cipher admins, like I want him to do)

~*Ratiosu*~
23rd January 2006, 5:20 PM
Well...just describe what you see coming into your mind. Like...a circular face with two DNA helix arms stretching around each other, and robotic cylinder shaped legs that point downward...keep going from there. Glad I could help :D

Shiny_deoxys
23rd January 2006, 6:20 PM
Well, I had Deoxys in my fic, "Fire and Ice", here is what I wrote to describe him. Note: Deoxys is in a prison being forced to do a man's evil deeds.

This creature was not like anything Thorpe had ever seen. It hung suspended in the fluid, connected to the hundreds of hoses and wires. Its colors were distorted through the green liquid, so as it looked black, yet its shape was clear. Four long arms fell loosely, two on each side of its body. They twisted around each other, like strands of D.N.A. Its legs were cylinder shaped, and dragged against the bottom of the container. Its face was scary as well; a large oval divided by a mere line. Two holes were in its head, with pale eyes looking out. The creature stared towards Thorpe from his prison, as if begging to be freed. Yet its eyes showed that it was dead. Not physically dead, but emotionally destroyed.

Not the best description, sorry about that. I hope this jogged your creative imagination.

Kiyohime
23rd January 2006, 6:45 PM
Oooh, I had a hard time describing Deoxys, too. In one of my first one-shots posted here (the Swarm) I basically described his face as swept-back and featureless save for two yellow eyes glaring out from sunken eye sockets and a organic, pulsing jewel embedded in its chest. I forget what I used for the tentacles, though, but Shiny Deoxy's description is pretty amazing.

FlamingRuby
23rd January 2006, 7:01 PM
Thank you all for your help!

What differences would I have to make for Attack mode, Defense mode (I will have him enter Defense mode when Lovrina's Delcatty tries to scratch him at one point in the episode) and Speed mode?

Kiyohime
23rd January 2006, 7:07 PM
Defenseform Deoxys always makes me think of a burly football player with arms like broad paddles, while Speedform Deoxys could be described as very lithe and streamlimed with a single swept-back blunt horn and two thin whipike tentacles. Attackform Deoxys is very quick and deadly with four stabbing tentacles.

Act
23rd January 2006, 9:35 PM
I dunno, you don't *have* to describe him. In fact, IMO, I don't think you should. We all here know what deoxys looks like, and you'll probably end up bogging the fic down in a paragraph (or more) of description. If you want to mention the shape of his arms as he attacks, cool and all, but I don't think by any means you need a head-to-toe description. I think it would work against you more than anything else.

BTW, the shape his arms are in is called a double-helix.