PDA

View Full Version : New Episode Title

Serebii
24th January 2006, 1:07 PM
Thats right, another new title

Episode 442: The Bonsly King and Manene Queen!?

Discuss

Thriller
24th January 2006, 2:32 PM
Booooo!

That sounds ridiculous. But I have to wonder if it will confirm Bonsly & Manenes Gender.

Edit: I have a suggestion, why not put the AG number next to "New Title" so people know which one this is.

Kabuto
24th January 2006, 2:35 PM
Since we have no video, we can only estimate what will occur. It is probable Brocks Bonsly and James Manene will get mixed together somehow. I suppose Bonsly is male and Manene is female. We'll just have to wait and see.

Jo-Jo
24th January 2006, 3:00 PM
I smell a whacky filler.

Me likes!

Manene's a girl, hmm? Nice to know. Unless that's a different meaning of 'queen'... (well, it does belong to James).

intergalactic platypus
24th January 2006, 3:13 PM
That'll be crazy

Gravy
24th January 2006, 3:39 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if they had their own cuddly-wuddly ickle armies, and each opposing ruler hated each other, resulting in an absolutely aborable fight to the death, involving squeaky toy hammers and plush toys? ^ - ^
Kinda makes you feel all warm n' fuzzy inside doesn't it?

If they were a couple however, they'd make pretty crappy monarchs. Bonsly would bully the peasents and raise the milk taxes and Manene would just imitate it.

Think I lost the plot somewhere around the word 'cuddly'.

The Big Al
24th January 2006, 3:44 PM
This will either suck badly or be the funniest thing since "Claydol, Big and Tall". That's all I can say.

CyberCubed
24th January 2006, 4:22 PM
I agree that this could either suck or be the funniest and wackiest filler in a long time.

This looks like yet another romance-esque episode. My god, what is the writers fascination with love lately? If James' Manene gets a crush on Brock's Bonsly I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight.

SuperSonic
24th January 2006, 5:04 PM
This certainly does have a lot of potential. I wonder under what circumstances they become king and queen.

Magical Leaf
24th January 2006, 5:20 PM
For some reason, I always imagined James' Manene to be male, something about its voice and mannerisms. And for some reason I doubt it'd be another Bonsly and Manene, if they show 4th gen Pokemon too often, people are going to be bored with them by the time Diamond and Pearl is released.

Anyway, i'm going to echo everybody else on this. Could be your bland, average filler, or a completely hilarious episode. I can imagine Manene trying to imitate Bonsly's constant crying, only to give up and walk away.

IMPERIAL DRAGON
24th January 2006, 5:48 PM
I’m quite fond of Gravy’s warped scenario actually, any situation involving impending death and doom to pre-evolutions certainly gets my vote ;)

Seriously though, WTF, just WTF….. I guess karma governs this probably blatant filler, because in all fairness, we have been blessed recently with actually interesting and substantial advancements.

The Benmeister
24th January 2006, 6:06 PM
...wha?

I need to comment on this, but...what can I really say about such an odd title? I'll go along with it as long as it isn't another love based plot (one is good, one after another is not).

SuperGlalie
24th January 2006, 6:21 PM
Well IMO the title sounds strange but i reckon it might be funny or weird as some other people have said. If it is about Bonsly and Manene being 'rulers' of somewhere could it have some familiarity to the episode "Meowth Rules!"?

Also if Manene is queen then if it did evolve that would mean its a female Mr.Mime so wouldnt James have to rename it under that case?

ghost master
24th January 2006, 6:25 PM
Man I wish I could give an original sensible post about this episode but, there isnt much to go with. I prefer the titles that are less vague. Oh well more of a chance to understand Bonsly and Manene.

Also if Manene is queen then if it did evolve that would mean its a female Mr.Mime so wouldnt James have to rename it under that case? it most likely will never evolve.

JazzJazz
24th January 2006, 6:36 PM
As soon as I saw the title I didn't think the pokemon would be the king and queen, I thought it would be their trainers. Brock would be the bonsly king and I can see a lot of comic relief in James being the manene "queen"... time will tell.

Porygandrew
24th January 2006, 8:53 PM
As soon as I saw the title I didn't think the pokemon would be the king and queen, I thought it would be their trainers. Brock would be the bonsly king and I can see a lot of comic relief in James being the manene "queen"... time will tell.

That's what I thought - the title was referring to trainers who have a bonsly and a manene. Though I think Jessie would be the "Manene Queen", she always screams for the royal treatment.

MagicBox
24th January 2006, 11:00 PM
I like Gravy's idea. Holy crap, that was funny.

Personally, I LOVE Bonsly. It's been very funny in the last few episodes, so this filler(?) already sounds good to me. I'm still not a fan of Manene yet, but maybe this will be the episode where I learn to appreciate it. Plus, this raises the chance of Brock and James spotlight, as well as Marshtomp, Forretress, and Cacnea.

That's really all there is to speculate at this point. This title really came WAY outta left field, and I don't know what to make of the "King and Queen" scenario. I don't think it will be a love episode, but I really don't have any other guesses, so we'll just have to wait for the preview.

Lil Brother
24th January 2006, 11:41 PM
Oh, we better be getting a Jigglypuff/Clefairy-style battle.

Although I am getting visions of Brock/James yaoi now.

I hope Manene turns out to be female. Don't know why, just do.

That's all for now. x.x

Mimori Kiryu
24th January 2006, 11:45 PM
I agree that this could either suck or be the funniest and wackiest filler in a long time.

I third that statement.

This is going to be one wacky of an episode. =O

ŁańkaŃ
24th January 2006, 11:55 PM
This will either suck badly or be the funniest thing since "Claydol, Big and Tall". That's all I can say.

i agree...on the part of it being funny...i hope it is...

it sounds cool

but also Gravy's idea was funny

Shadowcat
25th January 2006, 8:03 AM
I fourth CyberCubed's sentence, or rather, line.

And, I miss the Clefairy/Jigglypuff style battle. *Runs of to watch*

Anyways... Hope it's going to be funniest epi ever... If it turns out horrible, *gets ready to puke blood on the streets of Serebeth*

ChaosMage
25th January 2006, 9:20 AM
This sounds like the wackiest episode of the BF so far. I can only guess what it means!

Lupin
26th January 2006, 2:55 PM
This sounds like the wackiest episode of the BF so far. I can only guess what it means!

Either that or the worst filler we've had in ages

MaskedManAbsolkid
26th January 2006, 7:28 PM
I had an odd thought about this eppy.

An under 10's battling babies competition is going ahead, and Max enters with Bonsly, while Jessie and James dress Meowth as a little girl and make him enter Manene. Possibly, they're put into groups of kings and queens, and Max is in the Kings section, while Meowth-ina is in the Queens section. They battle off, and one of them wins (possibly Max) and wins a prize.

JazzJazz
26th January 2006, 8:32 PM
I had an odd thought about this eppy.

An under 10's battling babies competition is going ahead

The whole "king" and "queen" thing leads me to believe that this episode won't focus on battling. I'm not sure how it will play out, but I just don't see the focus being on straight-up matches.

Sceptile Warrior
26th January 2006, 8:44 PM
I think that it is another love episode considering Valentines Day is coming soon. We had the Grovyle vs. Tropius! Grass Field Duel!, Pike Queen Lucy had a crush on Brock and now this. It makes even more sense because I think that that episode with Donphan in the Hoenn league(i forgot the name) the one with the shiny donphan, airs the same week as Valentines Day in the United States.

DEMONCAMERUPT
26th January 2006, 11:21 PM
I think that it is another love episode considering Valentines Day is coming soon. We had the Grovyle vs. Tropius! Grass Field Duel!, Pike Queen Lucy had a crush on Brock and now this. It makes even more sense because I think that that episode with Donphan in the Hoenn league(i forgot the name) the one with the shiny donphan, airs the same week as Valentines Day in the United States.

your on to something there.

this must be another love ep and probably a funny one at that.

The Doctor
27th January 2006, 7:18 PM
Jessie will probably use Manene. It's probably trainers who use Bonsly and Manene that get crowned King/Queen. This better be like Claydol Big & Tall or I'll probably drop a bomb on the writers. Then new ones will rise and make this show BETTER!

V Faction
27th January 2006, 7:44 PM
Jessie will probably use Manene. It's probably trainers who use Bonsly and Manene that get crowned King/Queen. This better be like Claydol Big & Tall or I'll probably drop a bomb on the writers. Then new ones will rise and make this show BETTER!
Calm down, Carl. Not everything can live up to "Claydol Big & Tall".

greta_lover
28th January 2006, 3:45 PM
It doesn't sound good. BOOOO!!!!!!!

Andromache
29th January 2006, 12:35 AM
Considering the title hints at both Brock and James, seems like it'll be good. Both of my fav characters in competition or even having to call a temporary truce would be interesting. Anyway, I tend to love the Brock eps simply by virtue of bias, so I expect I'll like this one, assuming I get to see it. Of course, the sad Brock eps are hard to take because I care so much, but they're still good to watch when I'm in that kind of mood.

Heracross
29th January 2006, 12:51 AM
I'm hoping this meens Kojirou and Takeshi will have decent roles. Koji's awesome, and Takeshi just needs something to do.

And I can just see Manene imitating Usohachi's crying.

greta_lover
29th January 2006, 12:54 AM
It will be funny if Manene did copied Bonsly's crying. I have to agree with you about that.

Bionickai001
8th February 2006, 10:27 PM
Do they have a summary of this episode yet?

ghost master
9th February 2006, 9:09 PM
As Satoshi-tachi finish their boat trip, Rocket-Dan once again attacks, snatching their Pokémon. (something about Gonbe using "Yubi wo Furu" (Metronome), an uproar, and Pikachu, Nyarth, Usohachi, and Manene being separated from everyone else...or something)
heres a summary. So I guess Bonsly and Manene get grouped together when everybody seperates and somebody else finds them and wacky things happen. Most episodes where the group splits up are good episodes. It seems obvious pikachu and Meowth will be in another group. Since the writers occasionally do this on us.

ChaosMage
10th February 2006, 12:45 AM
So do you think Manene or Bonsly knows Uproar? Both suit the attack, actually!

Jo-Jo
10th February 2006, 1:15 AM
Bonsly would make sense, as it'll have to know some moves if it's going to be entered in a contest.

ghost master
10th February 2006, 7:55 PM
So do you think Manene or Bonsly knows Uproar? Both suit the attack, actually! I think Munchlax used metronome and that was the attack that came out.