PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Trozei EU Name Revealed!

Serebii
24th January 2006, 5:51 PM
That's right, Nintendo released its schedule and Pokémon Trozei will be called "Pokémon Link" in Europe with a release of the 28th of April

Discuss...keep your sickbags to yourself though :s

Gravy
24th January 2006, 6:00 PM
...why does Europe get different names for games sometimes? :/ Kirby Power Paintbrush comes to mind. It seems like a total waste of money to go through altering the logo's and all the other bits and bobs. NOE are 'tards, thats for sure....

I predict fanart of Pikachu slicing Octilleryroks and Re-Shedinjas.

JazzJazz
24th January 2006, 6:33 PM
...why does Europe get different names for games sometimes?

Perhaps it works better for the sake of translations into different European languages?

I guess Australia, also a PAL territory, will be getting the game under this new title as well...

~Shining-Metagross~
24th January 2006, 6:51 PM
In England, Are we retarded?
NO....
Trozei is perfectly fine name for the game, so why change it? To something....as prodictable as "Pokemon Link"? It sounds so....crap.

Thanks Nintendo. You have ruined the game for me.

Thriller
24th January 2006, 7:41 PM
"Trozei" isn't even a real word is it?

Is Trozei still going to be the American name?

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
24th January 2006, 7:57 PM
a different name? and a WORSE name

he, atleast I finally have a release date... now some of my £96 can be stashed away for it

Caterpie Master
24th January 2006, 8:01 PM
The name sounds pretty boring, i mean "Link" isn't really original i think. I'll stay at PMD

Bulk
24th January 2006, 8:08 PM
Meh, I wasn't really interested in this game to begin with but why change a completly name to something boring, unoriginal and crap. Ohnestly, this is really unessesary...

stu770
25th January 2006, 7:23 AM
i think that calling it pokemon link is better than calling it poemon trozei because for one thing, is trozei even a word and link just sounds better

Kaimorse
25th January 2006, 7:43 AM
First Lylatwars, now this...

akua
25th January 2006, 1:21 PM
Heh you guys taking it soooooooo seriously i buymost of game freak/ninty's products and when this was first announced i thought great this is just great a puzzle tetris style game what a waste of fans of pokemon and what a loss for ninty well i'm glad they changed the name who knows what they will change about the game (thats if they do)

JazzJazz
25th January 2006, 8:39 PM
Thanks Nintendo. You have ruined the game for me.

Don't be ridiculous, the gameplay hasn't changed just the name... get over it.

Is Trozei still going to be the American name?

Indeed... and it seems that America will be the only region to have the game under this title.

Bulk
25th January 2006, 9:13 PM
First Lylatwars, now this...
I liked the name Lylatwars. I dislike game names where they just stuck "64" or "DS" on the end. They just seem much less original.

stu770
26th January 2006, 7:33 AM
what is so bad about changing the game to name to pokemon link. If you were real pokemon fans you wouldnt care what the name of the game is it is the gameplay that counts

Torkoal Stu
26th January 2006, 9:02 AM
...why does Europe get different names for games sometimes? :/ Kirby Power Paintbrush comes to mind. It seems like a total waste of money to go through altering the logo's and all the other bits and bobs. NOE are 'tards, thats for sure....
Also we got Crash and Sypro fusion and the other places got a different game name. But I prefer Fusion to the other one anyway, I was just saying.

While Pokemon Link doesn't exactly scream "play me i'm fun", the game itself didn't seem that good anyway so its not ruined for me that much. So I don't really care so much as I could.

what is so bad about changing the game to name to pokemon link. If you were real pokemon fans you wouldnt care what the name of the game is it is the gameplay that counts
What if Leaf Green was called Flora Green :/ It wouldn't have the same impact, while it is the game that counts if you went "i'm playing Flora Green" it wouldn't sound that good. So a name is part of the game really, if it has a crap name, some of the feedback about it would be bad and so on.

MaskedManAbsolkid
26th January 2006, 3:41 PM
People are way over-reacting. Oh noes, the title is different! The game is doomed! Honestly, if you'd bother to check, it's the same game. Get over it.

smiley.
27th January 2006, 10:31 AM
I'm not bothered really, and as Former Absolkid said, it won't effect the game. Although Pokemon Link makes it sound a lot more boring.

Also, Canvas Curse > Power Paintbrush

Kaimorse
30th January 2006, 2:19 AM
I played Trozei/Link the other day at the Nintendo Connection Tour. It is really great, and I'm going to get it regardless of the name.

Black Mage
30th January 2006, 9:30 AM
Originally Posted by JazzJazz
I guess Australia, also a PAL territory, will be getting the game under this new title as well...

DIE Nintendo of Australia DIE!!!

Great. This'll make it sound retarded :@

Thank you Nintendo for giving it a different name :rolleyes:

Crap, now I'm getting it any more. Either rename it Trozei here or I will personally invade your HQ and burn it.

Originally Posted by stu770
and link just sounds better

NO WAI! :o

Originally Posted by akua
well i'm glad they changed the name

Everytime someone posts something like this, a kitty dies :(. THINK OF THE KITTIES!

~Death Star ;121;;373;

JazzJazz
30th January 2006, 6:43 PM

Crap, now I'm getting it any more. Either rename it Trozei here or I will personally invade your HQ and burn it.

Don't be a fool... what's that old saying? A rose under any other name would still smell as sweet... something like that. It might be called Link, but it's still the same game.

MaskedManAbsolkid
30th January 2006, 6:53 PM

NO WAI! :o

Everytime someone posts something like this, a kitty dies :(. THINK OF THE KITTIES!

~Death Star ;121;;373;

This post just proves my post even more. You quote 2 people who like the name, and act like they'll die if they like the name. This is more over-reacting than PDD. Just buy the game, ignore wherever it says Link and think it says Trozei instead.

JazzJazz
31st January 2006, 6:47 PM
This post just proves my post even more. You quote 2 people who like the name, and act like they'll die if they like the name. This is more over-reacting than PDD. Just buy the game, ignore wherever it says Link and think it says Trozei instead.

I was just thinking that folk like Death Star don't really deserve the game. If they're going to rant and carry-on about something as trivial as the title then retailers should be allowed to refuse sale to such people. Yes, I'm joking, but in a perfect world this would all be the case...

MaskedManAbsolkid
1st February 2006, 3:59 PM
I was just thinking that folk like Death Star don't really deserve the game. If they're going to rant and carry-on about something as trivial as the title then retailers should be allowed to refuse sale to such people. Yes, I'm joking, but in a perfect world this would all be the case...

I was thinking similar to you. I was thinking that maybe, some of the people who dislike the name didn't want to buy the game in the first place.

Blazeing man
9th February 2006, 8:32 PM
I dislike game names where they just stuck "64" or "DS" on the end. They just seem much less original.
And the thing is, they did both once! *le gasp* super mario 64 DS.AKA the most unoriginal game name ever.-__- whats next, for the Super gametron 30000000,(which Will never exist)To make a game called Super pokemon 30000000?!?!!Pitiful.Just pitiful.

-:Buro-kun Tsubasa:-
10th February 2006, 1:35 PM
I like the new name, I'll be saving some of my birthday money for it.

JazzJazz
10th February 2006, 7:55 PM
And the thing is, they did both once! *le gasp* super mario 64 DS.AKA the most unoriginal game name ever.-__-

It was fair enough with that game as it was basically the same as before, except on a different system...