PDA

View Full Version : Unown Usage

Eternal Daydreamer
25th January 2006, 11:50 PM
Alrighty, I have a question in regards of an epic series that I wish to write in the future. After I'm done with The Chocolate Factory, of course.

Anyways, it's about these four people called Controllers. They control the Unown, hence the title "Controller". Think of it as the relationship of Molly and the Unown in the third movie. Yes, she is a Controller, the fourth and final one.

I have a big history with these characters. I made a life for each of them, even Molly who was the only "cannon" Controller. I even fit "Entei" into this. This could go into a big essay about the life and times of the Controllers but I will spare you.

Basically, the story of how the Controllers came to pass is this: Any person can control the Unown but the power will drive the said person insane within hours. The Legendaries made this madness to control the human usage of the Unown. However, when there was too many people finding the Unown, the Legendaries decided to stop this. They blessed, or cursed in some eyes, the line of an elder who was the last to meet the Unown at this time. They also made it that only four of this line would have the total immunity and control.

I wish to know, is this a ticket to Mary Sue/Mary Stu City or is it original? I do have answers to most questions so be free to ask.

PDL
26th January 2006, 1:28 AM
it will only turn into a Mary Sue/Gary Stu if the characters themselves are so perfect that they're totally bland.

Go for it... What's the worst that can happen?

CHeSHiRe-CaT
26th January 2006, 1:32 AM
I love it. Ditto, as PDL said. It would be an interesting read...I myself would check it out *hugs thee Unowns* They're SO alphabetical >D

Eternal Daydreamer
26th January 2006, 3:05 AM
[QUOTE=PDL]it will only turn into a Mary Sue/Gary Stu if the characters themselves are so perfect that they're totally bland.QUOTE]
I did think of that. They each have a different history and are still human. Sure, they can be forever young and are inmune to most deasieses, they are still human and can be killed. In most cases, they are feared and hated. No, not an angst-stu either.

You see, when they start out as being "Controllers" not at birth either. They have to first find the Unown (various ways, see the third movie for an example) and then find a way to control the power. Otherwise, they could destroy everything when they get mad. As in when Molly got mad at Ash in the third movie. They have rivals, histories, futures, pasts and such like the rest of "normal" human characters.

As I have said, I've been working on these characters for months and I was wondering what the general public of this forum would think of them.

Ace Kenshader
31st January 2006, 1:47 AM
That depends whether the controllers are good or evil.

If the controllers are evil, and they're nearly invincible.

That might make the story pretty interesting because the good guy that I don't know, will have to face a very, very, very rocky and dangerous challenge to defeat the controllers.

But if the controllers are good guys, then............*scratches head trying to think of a solution*........... I got nothing.

Eternal Daydreamer
31st January 2006, 2:04 AM
Good and valid point. You must understand that the Controllers are different people and have different personalities. Two of them are basically what you would call "evil", one is like King Arthur and the other is a nuetral hermit.

I'm splitting up the Controllers into two stories. One of the bad and the neutral one is in An Aged Fairytale. The hermit, Blizsan, is the neutral because he is a hermit that thinks the normal people are total idiots and Molly is sorta evil because her over usage of the Unown drove her slightly insane.

All my stories with them that I ever created ended up with the four Controllers fighting each other. o.O They are so different and use the Unown for different things. Weird but that's what ends up happening when I use them.

billy5772
31st January 2006, 4:54 AM
This sounds like a pretty interesting premise to base a story off of. You'd definitely have to elaborate on why anyone would want to control unown (or is that just my ignorance to all things pokemon not ruby-related kicking in?) and from that derive some kind of conflict. Sounds very solid to me, though. What do unown do, though?

Eternal Daydreamer
31st January 2006, 5:06 AM
This sounds like a pretty interesting premise to base a story off of. You'd definitely have to elaborate on why anyone would want to control unown (or is that just my ignorance to all things pokemon not ruby-related kicking in?) and from that derive some kind of conflict.
The conflict I already have and why would anyone want to control the Unown? The Controllers (it's a burden to write down all of their names at once) didn't choose it was more of like Spiderman and the spider, to put it bluntly. One day they are normal, some twist of fate later and they are suddenly not normal.

What do unown do, though?
They control reality, basically. The Unown are as powerful as Mew in some regards but are useless if someone doesn't control them. I am taking a stab in the dark and say that you haven't seen the third movie.

Ace Kenshader
31st January 2006, 5:11 AM
AWW Man I have to edit my message because La Carotta beat me of explaining to Billy what do the Unown do.

And as for explaining to me about the controllers, thanks.

Although I have to ask because I never read you're story before. Does this take place because I don't see a 5 year old girl going slightly insane from an overdose of Unown usage.

Eternal Daydreamer
31st January 2006, 5:22 AM
AWW Man I have to edit my message because La Carotta beat me of explaining to Billy what do the Unown do.
You sound dissapointed. But there was something in your unedited post that I would like to comment on.

When you mentioned Raikou, it sort of freaked me out because Lingrak (the third Controller) has a Raikou. This relationship is like Molly's and Entei. Raikou is Lingrak's Familiar. This term is the name of the advisor to the Controller. I could go on forever on this subject.

I feel like a history book. o.O

Edit: This takes place in the future. As you said, a five year old Molly wouldn't be insane. But a three hundred year old Molly would. As I said, Controllers live to incredible ages. That and the fact Molly was dead for fifty years before this story. Odd, yes. I needed a villian and I always thought of an adult Molly as being sadastic. Don't ask.

billy5772
31st January 2006, 5:25 AM
Ah, I see. Well, you seem to have a very firm grasp on your storyline and where the plot is headed. When can we expect to see the thread materialize?

Saffire Persian
31st January 2006, 5:26 AM
'Tis already up, Billy. ^_^

Eternal Daydreamer
31st January 2006, 5:27 AM
Ah, I see. Well, you seem to have a very firm grasp on your storyline and where the plot is headed. When can we expect to see the thread materialize?
The first story is up and the link is in my signature. The other will be written after I finish the first.