PDA

View Full Version : Did you like the Kanto?

Locke Yggdrasill
26th January 2006, 1:48 AM
Well, all of the answers that I've seen have been no, but meh. Did you like the Aged Kanto that was in the G/S/C games?
Heck, I sure did. :D

indigestible_wad
26th January 2006, 4:00 AM
Yeah, I enjoyed it as much or more as the original kanto.

SHUCKLE MAN
26th January 2006, 7:21 AM
I did not. It was so easy and it gave you the effect that Kanto was not even part of the game.

Torkoal Stu
26th January 2006, 9:18 AM
I liked how things compared with the original Kanto, and everyone saying "blah blah happened 3 years ago" on the old game and such. It was quite enjoyable.

So yes.

Luxuria
26th January 2006, 4:56 PM
Yup. But the fact that Cinnabar Island was "melted",that you couldn't go into the safari zone only in the Jap. version ,you could only be on the 1st floor of the radio tower and that you could only be in the 1st floor of Silph Co. bugged me. Oh and that the Seafoam islands became Blaine's gym.
Other than that it was good.

Clockwork Ninja
26th January 2006, 5:03 PM
I liked it, but what annoyed me is that you just speed through all the cities and defeat the gym leaders.

Solarbeam
26th January 2006, 5:21 PM
I, too, had the impression that you could rush through every city, just to defeat the Gym Leaders, but when I started the game I didn't know where the Pokémon League could take place!
So when I discovered that Kanto (the first time I heard/read the name) was there, I was happy that G/S wasn't over.

So, yes, I liked it.

Ketsuban
28th January 2006, 12:46 AM
I was sort of annoyed that the tower in Lavender got converted into a radio tower. Um hello respect for the dead?

XxGreivousxX
28th January 2006, 1:13 AM
no team rocket = kanto sucks

Phreack
28th January 2006, 1:16 AM
I totally loved kanto. I thought the game was extremely short when I got to Blackthorne city but when I got to Kanto it was all the contrary. But if the character can't talk, why did everybody talk abuout what happened some years ago?? I never asked!! XDD

Serebii93
28th January 2006, 1:32 AM
Kanto now? Hmm... I like the older one 'cuz I could get Fossils and go see the Museums and revive Pokemon. But the new one is cool, too. Heck, I like them both equally for different reasons.

Chilled2m7
28th January 2006, 6:55 AM
I did not. It was so easy and it gave you the effect that Kanto was not even part of the game.

In a sense, it really wasn't part of the game. I prefer to think of it as a nice little bonus that squeezed a few more hours out of the gamepack.
Some G/S purists absolutely hated Kanto in these games because of the fact that they were not that developed. Frankly, i'm not sure what the big deal was; I would have been happy with JUST Johto, but the Kanto quest was kind of like icing on the cake for me.

G/S advertisments (and even the back of the box for that matter) never really advertised "OMG GO BACK TO KANTO!!" So it's quite obvious Kanto was just around for nostalgic reasons.

Nintendo Master
28th January 2006, 9:36 PM
I liked the new Kanto because it makes the game even longer. But it was a little too easy in Kanto because you seem to know where to go and what to do if you've played RBY.

Eszett
28th January 2006, 9:49 PM
It was quite enjoyable, though I would have most definitely preferred a souped-up Johto and no Kanto instead. Really, it was only in the game to provide a place for the Pokemon that didn't appear in Johto, and such Pokemon as Houndour/Houndoom that were new and in Kanto ought to have been Johto Pokemon in every sense of the term.

legendary master Jose
28th January 2006, 9:51 PM
ahh kanto it was a nice little easter egg they put in (even though it wasnt easter) i was very surprised the first time i went to the pokemon league and that guys said i was in kanto and the first thing i thought was WTF is he talkin about but then i checked my map and saw kanto then the next thing i thought was holy cow but i thought kanto was great

Socrates With A Lobotomy
28th January 2006, 11:55 PM
I thought it was great, particularly when you first go there.

liquinn
3rd February 2006, 3:32 PM
meh, kanto was good. . .but most of the features were taken out i.e silph co,lavender radio tower etc...

Dunsparce
4th February 2006, 3:22 AM
Yup. But the fact that Cinnabar Island was "melted",that you couldn't go into the safari zone only in the Jap. version ,you could only be on the 1st floor of the radio tower and that you could only be in the 1st floor of Silph Co. bugged me. Oh and that the Seafoam islands became Blaine's gym.

You can't go into the Safari zone legally in ANY version.

I liked seeing the ultamite future of Kanto: I dies. Slowly :)

In other words... I like it.

IIRC, Kanto had no official name in RGBY...

PersianKing
4th February 2006, 4:12 AM
I liked going to Kanto. but it would have been better to have the Safari Zone in it. they could have made room for it. just get rid of the rest of Cinnabar Island. that would have freed up some room.

Aptenodytes
5th February 2006, 6:49 AM
Kanto was fun, but i think they took out to many things like the safari zone -.- it was also fairly easy to beat the gym leaders as well, but that's just my opinion

liquinn
5th February 2006, 9:22 AM
saying the truth, they did keep the safari zone in it. Only via a warp code you can acess it. To make it so i dont go off topic, the kanto was good. But hardly anything new was there. Just seemed like you had to go there to defeat the gym leaders.

But this is the only generation pokemon so far that has 2 regions.

James, thats only my opinion by the way. But yes, they could of removed the PCC and safari zone coding still acessiabale via gameshark codes.

James :)

.TraX.
5th February 2006, 9:47 AM
It was good, I found Kanto like a ghost town by comparison to Johto which I thought was good - represented all the trainers leaving with all thier money to train in Johto which meant everyone else left too.

Btw Locke you know Josh is far from the first person to use that quote? :)

Minako
5th February 2006, 9:52 AM
At the point in the game that Kanto was re-introduced, alot of the gyms and trainers were a little bit on the easy side...[Well, save for Red and the 'Leet Four.] It was fun, but I tend to get through it pretty quickly. It would be better if it got increasingly difficult like Johto did, because as it were, the challenges didn't get that much harder as you went along.

I still enjoy it, and am glad that Kanto was featured in the games, but I still think it could have been better. XP

liquinn
5th February 2006, 11:13 AM
yup, it was ok. A few new thing's in it. I guess it beets just Johto alone.

But you can only put so much on the cartridges.

James

Stardust25
5th February 2006, 4:49 PM
I enjoyed the Kanto portion of G/S/C, I just wished that there would have been more of a storyline to it, instead of basically just flying through every city and beating the Gym Leaders. It was cool though, because of the way that it was 3 years in the future from R/B/Y, and some of the things had changed. I was kinda hoping that FireRed/LeafGreen were going to be similar to that, something like taking place 5 years or so after R/B/Y, instead of basically just being a redone R/B/Y.

Naraku_Diabolos
5th February 2006, 5:59 PM
Saying the truth, they did keep the Safari Zone in it. Only via a warp code you can access it.

Oh really? What's the code, then? -_-

Locke Yggdrasill
6th February 2006, 10:25 PM
Btw Locke you know Josh is far from the first person to use that quote
Yes, I know. :]
Naraku Diablos, considering Gameshark discussion isn't allowed here, I'll just PM you the code.

JoshYEAH
6th February 2006, 10:49 PM
Btw Locke you know Josh is far from the first person to use that quote? :)
Lol, internet vendetta.

Personally, I liked the new kanto, indeed, there were several points I didn't like. It's a split opinion really.

I liked the gym leaders primarily, they offered a bit of an extra challenge after what was a relatively easy-to-beat bunch in Johto, and they required some proper training. Mt. Silver was also an added bonus, and the chance to battle against red was a really well placed idea.

I didn't like the way it had been stripped down from it's former glory. it just seemed like it was tacked on for extra kicks, indeed you could argue that it was. Indeed, you could also argue that the reason it was down to it's bones is because of disk space. The place offered some good challenges in the form of battles, however it didn't seem all that natural.

That, and I favour Johto over all the other regions :p

-Josh

Incrediboy
13th February 2006, 11:26 AM
Kanto was nice and nostalgic. I enjoyed it.

But FR/LG is superior in terms of nostalgia. ;)

Swampert Trainer
20th February 2006, 12:20 AM
Why did they take the NORMALITY away from Kantoness?They put pokemon from Jhoto in there.I also do not like the fact that it's one of the only places to get Houndhour.The storyboard was taken away,leaving it nothing put an easy way to go through everything.Especially since brock's pokemon were the most weak encountered,that makes gyms a rip-off.WTF? CINNABAR?MELTED? That's pureed CRAP in a can.OMG no krabby,seel or slowpoke?Where on easth will we get a Dewgong?Not Seafoam.Blaine made sure of that.I bet it he enjoyed making those poor pokemon leave to go somewhere else while the hot head made everything "fiery".The other bad thing is Misty's not hot like in Yellow anymore.

G/S/C;107; Watch him beat it up!

Locke Yggdrasill
20th February 2006, 12:25 AM
too bad we have no idea where all of the pokemon from the Seafoam islands went. xD

Swampert Trainer
20th February 2006, 12:28 AM
They went into hiding so they could destroy Blaine when the resistance got strong enough!Viva le RESISTONCE!

Necromancer of life
20th February 2006, 12:51 AM
Yeah Kanto is great for the music, (it sound weird I know) the pokemons, (if you don't beleave me, just my avatar) the trainers, and for first time night and day.

Kanto is great

Blastoise King
21st February 2006, 10:23 AM
tbh i hated the kanto in GSC, it took away from Johto and made both regions short and crappy. not including kanto in gsc wouldve meant a more developed johto which is basically what the core fo the game is about. they tried really ahrd to do the whole linking thing between kanto and johto and now nintendo doesnt want anything to do with johto

Karel
26th February 2006, 9:55 PM
I only can say, poor Kanto... it was destroyed and modified almost in everything; the caves destoyed, the Safary Zone closed, Silph Co. closed, etc.
In the other hand, in my opinion, the music is NICE.

da blaziken masta
7th March 2006, 1:01 PM
Kanto was really cool but they should've made an easier way to get the safari zone.

Jokurata
8th March 2006, 6:18 PM
I haven't been there yet. I'm too scared to go into the falls of Tojho lol!
Have they closed the game corner? If they have, I'm not bothering much.
PS. If they haven't closed the game corner, just tell me. Don't give me any descriptions or anything. Thanks!

Silver Raven
8th March 2006, 7:36 PM
no, they haven't. thats one of the less good parts in kanto g/s/c

Jokurata
9th March 2006, 4:17 PM
I'm fully in Kanto now! I'd give it an average....Some of the graphics in Saffron and other cities look a bit crowded and the gyms are totally ruined... And getting around is hard. But still, it's another place with more stuff to do!

Nathan Madien
9th March 2006, 5:17 PM
Personally, I felt Kanto was nothing more than an afterthought add-on. Two games for the price of one is nice, but I just didn't have as much fun in the G/S/C Kanto as I did in the R/B/Y one.

Milotic_Master
12th March 2006, 1:19 PM
too bad we have no idea where all of the pokemon from the Seafoam islands went. xD
They went to the whirl islands.
(on topic) I liked the generator/gear theft. The Viridian Forest sucks though.

Akayfortyseven
12th March 2006, 8:58 PM
I sorta liked it but...WERE DID VERIDIAN FOREST GO!??!11! poor caterpie lol... yeah that sorta sucked but its the only game with two regions 'cept FR and LG so yeah i thought it was pretty cool

pigs do fly
14th March 2006, 7:29 PM
The reason the safari zone was taken out was because of Glitch city... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glitch_City)

Rufinito18
14th March 2006, 8:24 PM
Loved Kanto...It bring nostalgia XD

muckers
14th March 2006, 8:40 PM
The reason the safari zone was taken out was because of Glitch city... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glitch_City)

Still, there was the bug catching contest. That was a cool enough replacement, imo.

Didn't get prizes in the Safari Zone, did ya? ;)

Nathan Madien
14th March 2006, 8:55 PM
Still, there was the bug catching contest. That was a cool enough replacement, imo.

Didn't get prizes in the Safari Zone, did ya? ;)

Unless you count finding the Warden's Teeth as a prize. Eww...

Milotic_Master
15th March 2006, 2:57 PM
Unless you count finding the Warden's Teeth as a prize. Eww...

you get HMs and pokemon in the safari zone.
kanto needs a cerulean cave in GSC to catch ;150;

Dragon_Reborn
15th March 2006, 7:47 PM
I liked the Kanto region in GSC.

Sceptre
16th March 2006, 12:38 AM
I hated it, because I swept every gym but Blue's with my Lance team (all at ~L47). And Blue had 5 gone and his last half-gone.

Chibi Pika
18th March 2006, 4:45 AM
It was pretty cool, yes, but the music remixes made me want to burn my ears. >< Honestly, they should have just stuck with the original R/B/Y music for Kanto, the remixes were absolutely horrid.

~Chibi~;249;<?>;rukario;

Mariob
18th March 2006, 2:52 PM
In my opinion, Gold, Silver, and Crystal were absolutely awesome becomes of many reasons, with one of those reasons being that you get to return to Kanto. Kanto has aged ten years and you see many of the effects, however 75% of it has remained the same, such as people's locations and things. I loved it, for it was like starting over, without actually having too. As of now, I'm actually thinking about restarting my Crystal version so I can go back and re-travel Kanto.

Satoshi
18th March 2006, 8:43 PM
I liked the Kanto in G/S/C. Kind of added to the adventure and stretched it, since Jouto was pretty short, IMO. Although, the Gym Leaders were pretty easy to beat and the quest was just too damn easy. :< Taking out the Viridian Forest was a little ironic, since there was no backstory to how it disappeared. I understand if there wasn't enough diskspace, but at least give us a damn excuse/story about it's disappearence in game, like a person mentioning it being burned down or etc...(lol No one in Kanto gives a damn about the Viridian Forest. ;/)

On the plus side, we did get to battle Red. And battle Green again.

DarkThunder
19th March 2006, 12:51 AM
Yes. The only thing I didn't like was that many things were removed. But the Berserk Gene was something unexpected.

Dunsparce
19th March 2006, 12:55 AM
Dead Kanto = Happy Dunsparce

And that's the way the world works u_u

Nathan Madien
19th March 2006, 1:33 AM
Yes. The only thing I didn't like was that many things were removed. But the Berserk Gene was something unexpected.

Yeah, but the Berserk Gene was pretty useless.

Orion-Sama
19th March 2006, 3:55 AM
It was quite enjoyable, though I would have most definitely preferred a souped-up Johto and no Kanto instead. Really, it was only in the game to provide a place for the Pokemon that didn't appear in Johto, and such Pokemon as Houndour/Houndoom that were new and in Kanto ought to have been Johto Pokemon in every sense of the term.
For the win...

I didn't like the GSC Kanto. At all. It lost its former size and awesome dungeons. Plus, it stole space that could've been used for a MUCH better Johto.

Definitely one of the worst points of GSC...

pikachu_rocks19
19th March 2006, 5:48 AM
I loved the idea how you can go to kanto they should have continued it for r/s/e

Vaporeon
19th March 2006, 9:16 AM
I loved it how it was in the future. The upgrades to some parts, the new pokemon locations, and the atmosphere & music owned.

Johto is my least favourite land, anyhow.

Guy
19th March 2006, 2:43 PM
Ditto. Also that the underground path was destroyed, but they made an extra route. (I think............................................. .........)

& music owned.
that too. besidea the normal battle. It sounded, well... not right.

Cipher
19th March 2006, 2:55 PM
Kanto for me was certainly the highlight of my GSC experience. It was so nastalgic to travel back through the towns. I don't care if it was 'dead.' That was part of the appeal. It was surreal to go through the region seeing old places fallen on hard times, and peicing together what exactly happened after Red won the league.

Serebii93
19th March 2006, 8:55 PM
Maybe I change my mind. I do like the new Kanto.

The Organizer
21st March 2006, 12:44 PM
I liked kanto alot because it seemed more quiet and peaceful then joto.
It was also very nostalgic and made me feel like the classics were interegated into gold and silver and crystal. My only gripe is that the gym leaders are easy to beat.

Kasaioni
21st March 2006, 12:57 PM
I liked kanto alot because it seemed more quiet and peaceful then joto.
It was also very nostalgic and made me feel like the classics were interegated into gold and silver and crystal. My only gripe is that the gym leaders are easy to beat.
I totally agree!

Shiny Heracross
21st March 2006, 9:57 PM
I kinda liked how it was surprise returning to it. It was quick to beat, but kind of fun with the new order of beating the gyms.

Bonsly is pimp
23rd March 2006, 10:44 PM
I liked it because it gave you chance to level up pokemon more and catch more pokemon n i liked being able to get 16 badges also

Shadow_Fox
25th March 2006, 3:12 AM
It was my favorite, actually. Didn't like Joto much at all, besides the last two gyms.
~

Tiffany
25th March 2006, 5:09 PM
I liked the Kanto. It was a surprise that we got to return to it. The only thing I didn't like is how it was so easy to beat the leaders and how there isn't a Safari Zone.

crobatconey/leafeon lunatic
26th March 2006, 12:52 PM
i loved kanto because you get to do the gyms out of order!

pokemaniac777
26th March 2006, 4:57 PM
The only thing I didn't like was no Safari Zone. Other than that I loved seeing how things had changed (The Gym Leaders being stronger,etc.) My favorite part was getting a chance to whoop Gary again (in the Viridian Gym).

Odori
26th March 2006, 6:40 PM
Not to start a flame war or anything, but to the people whom complain about Kanto having Jhoto pokemon.. hello.. did any of you take 9th grade Ecology? Species are introduced to new enviorments ALL the time. Most of them are unsucessful, however, and potentially damaging to the enviorment. (Killer African Bees, anyone?)
Pets, like dogs and cats, were brought over by the Europeans during the colonization period.
Why are they not in Jhoto aswell, then? Good question. I don't know. Don't fight the logic of pokemon.

I liked Kanto in 2nd Gen. While it is unarguably not as good as Leaf Green/Fire red's rendition, it was just.. to be cliche, "Icing on the cake", as someone mentioned.
I love the music. <3 Why 3rd gen kanto didn't make the music as awesome as 2nd Gen, I have no clue.

TheTurquoiseTauros!
26th March 2006, 6:49 PM
Not to start a flame war or anything, but to the people whom complain about Kanto having Jhoto pokemon.. hello.. did any of you take 9th grade Ecology? Species are introduced to new enviorments ALL the time. Most of them are unsucessful, however, and potentially damaging to the enviorment. (Killer African Bees, anyone?)
Pets, like dogs and cats, were brought over by the Europeans during the colonization period.
Why are they not in Jhoto aswell, then? Good question. I don't know. Don't fight the logic of pokemon.

I liked Kanto in 2nd Gen. While it is unarguably not as good as Leaf Green/Fire red's rendition, it was just.. to be cliche, "Icing on the cake", as someone mentioned.
I love the music. <3 Why 3rd gen kanto didn't make the music as awesome as 2nd Gen, I have no clue.

OMG!!!! does that have anything to do with what were talking about!!??
and your a show off!!

Odori
26th March 2006, 6:56 PM
OMG!!!! does that have anything to do with what were talking about!!??
and your a show off!!

Why did they take the NORMALITY away from Kantoness?They put pokemon from Jhoto in there.I also do not like the fact that it's one of the only places to get Houndhour.The storyboard was taken away,leaving it nothing put an easy way to go through everything.Especially since brock's pokemon were the most weak encountered,that makes gyms a rip-off.WTF? CINNABAR?MELTED? That's pureed CRAP in a can.OMG no krabby,seel or slowpoke?Where on easth will we get a Dewgong?Not Seafoam.Blaine made sure of that.I bet it he enjoyed making those poor pokemon leave to go somewhere else while the hot head made everything "fiery".The other bad thing is Misty's not hot like in Yellow anymore.

^that post. I bolded the part for you, incase you couldn't see it.

Oh, as for your post..

*You're.

Your = posessive, You're = You are.

Thanks for calling me a show off. You're too sweet. <3

/spam

Minami Itsuki
26th March 2006, 7:07 PM
Personally I liked it, mainly because I got to battle Red there. ;)

The Fuzzy One
27th March 2006, 4:35 PM
I kind of liked it, kind of didn't. It was nice to go back and battle the gyms and such, but they took out a lot of the things I hoped to see again in Kanto, like the Seafoam Islands and the Safari Zone. But other than that, I did enjoy Kanto, seeing how things changed from the good old R/B/Y days into G/S/C.

Orion-Sama
27th March 2006, 5:23 PM
Yes. But while realism in a videogame is nice, if it atrofiates an important concept, it's better to sacrifice realism for balance and a more enjoyable gaming experience. That's the gripe we have. Johto was SUPPOSSED to introduce the new Pokémon, not being the new household of Kanto Pokémon. Hadn't they fell in such a downright stupid mistake, Second Generation Pokémon wouldn't be as ignored as they are. Notice how I said Second Generation? they can't really be called Johto Pokémon when MANY of them didn't even live there...

Who wouldn't have preferred to be stuck with Sentret, Hoothoot, Mareep, Wooper, Slugma, Houndour and such instead of having access to Pokémon we already knew, and would, most likely, favor over the new ones? That's the BIG problem with this bit of realism they decided to implement outta the blue. A good example of how over-realism in Pokémon makes the game awful. Another good example is the superavit of Water Pokémon. We know water is the most abundant substance in the world, and that most creatures live in water. But should they keep on basing off this fact to create EVEN MORE Water Pokémon at the expenses of lack of sheer variety and balance in this franchise? It's awfully stupid...

Insanity
28th March 2006, 12:19 AM
I would've liked it more if it was more like the original Kanto. More places to explore (like, instead of removing or locking half of the doors...) and stuff. Related to plot, it was horrible, but I didn't dislike it enough to think the G/S/C games were bad because of it.

Megg Lavender
28th March 2006, 12:23 AM
I pretty much liked Kanto.
It changed a lot since the RBY game, and I was very impressed of how trainers changed, too. And it was pretty cool when you get to meet and battle Red. ^^

Nathan Madien
28th March 2006, 4:26 AM
I pretty much liked Kanto.
It changed a lot since the RBY game, and I was very impressed of how trainers changed, too. And it was pretty cool when you get to meet and battle Red. ^^

Of course, all Red could say was ".....". Can you imagine him at parties?

Shadowcat
28th March 2006, 8:29 AM
I liked it. Especially with the fact that Misty had to be found before fighting her. And Green (Guy, Blue for you Americans) rocked in the Gym. Red was just cool. And I loved everything about it, except for the Radio Tower in Kanto. Respect for the dead please.

Nathan Madien
28th March 2006, 1:44 PM
I liked it. Especially with the fact that Misty had to be found before fighting her. And Green (Guy, Blue for you Americans) rocked in the Gym. Red was just cool. And I loved everything about it, except for the Radio Tower in Kanto. Respect for the dead please.

I found that aspect a little unsettling, particularly coming from a country known for respecting their dead.

[Kingdra]
1st April 2006, 3:41 PM
I liked kanto

jirachiken
2nd April 2006, 5:45 PM
Everything was great, except for the safari zone being out of commission.

Magma Grunt Alex
2nd April 2006, 7:06 PM
No, I did not like kanto at all. I didnt like the fact that I had to beat all the gym leaders and Also, there were no wild Pokemon in the Power Plant! Plus the underground tunnels were closed, and You could only be allowed on one floor of Lavender towns Tower!

Walking Contradiction
4th April 2006, 3:58 PM
I did not like GSC kanto. IMO kanto seemed dead cause it was nothing but running from gym leader to another and there weren't anything like sliph.co, pokemon tower or safari zone in it. Also, kanto looked weird in decent colors but without 3rd gen graphics. That just isn't the old school kanto.

AV_ROcK-Dark-TB
4th April 2006, 5:56 PM
I liked em I relesed Johto Pokemon just so theyed atack in kanto-__-
and I was 10 back then.

-=Darkness of Umbreon=-
4th April 2006, 8:56 PM
in rby kanto, yes
in gcs kanto, no
in FrLg kanto, yes.

FireKero!
5th April 2006, 11:38 PM
Yo, Kanto pwned everyone, man! It was so beat-up, and looking at Cinnibar Island made me cry.

Phosphate
6th April 2006, 12:05 AM
The Pokemon were great, the music was the best, and the continuaion of the game into the region from Jhoto was a classic, thus making G/S/C the best games of the entire Pokemon series.

~Flareon~
6th April 2006, 10:57 AM
Yes. I like the Kanto Region too.

SHUCKLE MAN
6th April 2006, 3:00 PM
Kanto was so-so imo.

AJ Flibble
6th April 2006, 5:59 PM
The actualy Kanto itself was average, but the nostalgia of going there again, the fact that the game wasn't over after the E4, and the awesome remixes and music in general, and new and improved Gym Leaders made up for it in the end. The route music RULES!

DKzM0mA
7th April 2006, 3:07 AM
Is it true that you were able to enter the safari zone in the japanese version?

Nathan Madien
7th April 2006, 3:21 AM
Is it true that you were able to enter the safari zone in the japanese version?

No, it wasn't true.

Bonsly is pimp
8th April 2006, 1:16 AM
I liked it but i thinked instead of making it older looking they should of made it look more advanced

MetalMario
8th April 2006, 2:51 AM
While I'll admit that it was somewhat cramped and lacking of substance (this is easily attributed to the small cart size), its presence was important in bridging the gap between the first and second generations: something the third-gen lacks.

Lugia34
8th April 2006, 4:21 PM
I liked GSC Kanto. It made me happy to know what happened in the future of Kanto. I liked everything they did, except them taking out the Safari Zone, that was a horrible decision. GSC were the BEST pokemon versions made ever, IMO.

;249;Lugia34

Shadows Follower
8th April 2006, 8:33 PM
I enjoyed the new Kanto on GSC. My only problem is the few changes like the Safari Zone and Cinnabar Island.

Яεiқo
8th April 2006, 9:29 PM
GSC was, IMO, the best because of the pokemon and the replay value which many if not all the pokemon games have but it was just the best. The Kanto of GSC was fun because it was a reward for beating the E4 but the one mistake was taking out the Safari zone...

TheTurquoiseTauros!
8th April 2006, 9:38 PM
i liked it but i have a question i pray someone will answer... where do you get the rainbow wing???

~Austin~
9th April 2006, 12:54 AM
Yeah I did... but Kanto is alot shorter and the areas like the Viridian Forest is... just really wierd.

Raito
9th April 2006, 2:32 AM
Kanto was excellent, it gave you something extra to do before the final challenge with Red and was an excellent way to catch more Pokemon and Level Up.

Besides, that is some of the best music and you know it.

Raichu-chan
9th April 2006, 3:03 AM
I don't know why so many people dislike it.....I thought the G/S/C Kanto was great. I liked how it changed in the 3 year time period. It was a bonus for beating the Elite Four, plus you got to battle the Kanto Gym Leaders. I thought it was interesting how their teams changed and how much stronger they got.

woot21
9th April 2006, 3:19 AM
I liked Kanto in G/S/C for the three reasons:

1. Can catch Pikachu there

2. Can catch Houndour there

3. Can catch Murkrow there

the only reasons for Kanto in those games in my opinion(sp?)

Uber
9th April 2006, 4:12 AM
Wait, I thought you could catch Murkrow and Houndour in Johto?

woot21
9th April 2006, 4:14 AM
nope murkrow the two routes next to saffaron and houndour the one east of saffaron

Hyster-ia
9th April 2006, 8:02 AM
I liked the aged Kanto better then the original, it had some sort of better feeling, especially at day.

Nathan Madien
9th April 2006, 1:36 PM
I took a personal joy in reuniting with the Copycat Girl and seeing that reference about the Pokedoll.

♥Princess Ketchum♥
9th April 2006, 2:23 PM
I Loved Kanto xD I Thought it was amazing travelling around

*~Croconaw~*
9th April 2006, 2:26 PM
Kanto was much funner in GSC then in FRLG.

Why:

cause Red was there for a challenge

and the gym leaders were more powerful.

Hyster-ia
9th April 2006, 3:42 PM
Yeah, in FRLG where the gym leaders, a bit simple..

Mangekyo Sharingan
15th April 2006, 7:00 AM
i liked it but i didnt like how the story was and the safari zone was gone and that anoyed me alot and aloot was changed and the music too so it was a great addition but i dont like the way they changed it so i am Netrual